PDA

View Full Version : So our wonderful mayor mentioned AJ Brown

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2021, 08:45 PM
In her speech at the national championship ceremony today. What in the absolute 17?

SPMT
07-02-2021, 08:51 PM
just a 17in idiot

Todd4State
07-02-2021, 08:54 PM
I'm not familiar with Starkville politics since I don't live there but she seems like a goofball.

SPMT
07-02-2021, 09:01 PM
It would be like the yankees mentioning someone from the red Sox at a World Series celebration. I mean how 17in stupid can you be. It has nothing to do with politics it has to do with being in a leadership position and showing how obtuse you are.

State82
07-02-2021, 09:02 PM
Well, TA fixed that right up at the end.

SilentSteel16
07-02-2021, 09:06 PM
Well, TA fixed that right up at the end.

Please share, I was on road all day and missed it all

Skydawg1
07-02-2021, 09:08 PM
Please share, I was on road all day and missed it all

TA mopped up her mess with a big 'ol "Go To Hell Ole Miss".

SPMT
07-02-2021, 09:12 PM
Slow clap for TA. Well done my man, well done.

State82
07-02-2021, 09:20 PM

Yep. Then he proceeded to drop the mic and strut off stage. Like a bad ass does.

Cowbell
07-02-2021, 09:21 PM

It was glorious! TA has had to put up with their crap long enough.

Jarius
07-02-2021, 09:27 PM
And then that stupid ass bitch went on Twitter and defended herself. She is the least self aware human on the planet.

SilentSteel16
07-02-2021, 09:39 PM

That is awesome!!! Probably not best thing to say at given time considering audiences but hey they deserve it. Haha

This is how you cement a legacy as ALL DAWG

vv83
07-02-2021, 09:45 PM
I'm not familiar with Starkville politics since I don't live there but she seems like a goofball.

She?s absolutely incapable of being in her position. I?m not sure how she?s made it this far

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 09:49 PM
This is what happens when ignorant people vote.

TNDawg35
07-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Anybody got a video of the TA speech?

Lord McBuckethead
07-02-2021, 09:56 PM
She?s absolutely incapable of being in her position. I?m not sure how she?s made it this far

Well she made it about "Starkville" and she picked the worst association possible. Aj is a great player, but he is anti-msu. It is a straight 17 up. No doubt.

The Federalist Engineer
07-02-2021, 10:16 PM
She's a dumb-as-shit outsider by reading her bio. She doesn't know that OM is a Pure ****ing Enemy

My wife is from the STL area, she watched and cried during "Blind Side" and got mad when I explained how the movie glorified Ghouls. She watched it while I was away on business. Women and Northeastern Beta Males (Micheal Lewis) seem vulnerable to bullshit of this nature.

AlSwearengen
07-02-2021, 10:16 PM
And then that stupid ass bitch went on Twitter and defended herself. She is the least self aware human on the planet.

What was her defense?

KOdawg1
07-02-2021, 10:17 PM
She's an idiot. Just a completely tone deaf comment.

Remember back when the first snow storm came earlier this year? There was a video of the MSU police department sledding down the hill with some of the college students, and someone mistakenly called them the Starkville police, to which she said, "That's the MSU PD; our officers are too busy right now." She's petty, and she needs to realize that her town is nothing without the university. Not the other way around.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2021, 10:17 PM
And the stupid bitch is still defending it on twitter. Arrogance and no self awareness is not a good combination.

redstickdawg
07-02-2021, 10:48 PM
watching the video it is clearly apparent that she is truly in above her head.

Rex54
07-02-2021, 11:17 PM
What a dumbass

ImissCityBagel
07-02-2021, 11:25 PM
AJ Brown is all that is wrong with college football. Imagine paying kids like this and putting them back into society. It's coming.

MaroonFlounder
07-02-2021, 11:37 PM
I'm not a Starkville resident and don't want to get into a political debate about what we've been through the last year and a half...but as late as a few months ago she was an idiotic mask hypocrite politician that was no different than mayors and governors in some other, more prominent areas of the country that wanted peons wearing masks while she galavanted around without one (unless the cameras were rolling) Back then, her actions spoke volumes, and today, her words did. Was she at the Egg Bowl when AJ was yelling at the MSU fans, cussing, and causing a scene in the same game that Gates and Speaks broke Fitz's ankle?

vv83
07-03-2021, 12:44 AM
Well she made it about "Starkville" and she picked the worst association possible. Aj is a great player, but he is anti-msu. It is a straight 17 up. No doubt.
Yeah when I typed that I was actually mad because when I hear her name I get mad about how she passed Airbnb laws to benefit herself and screw over locals and grads. But the AJ thing sucks too

Offshore Dawg
07-03-2021, 06:31 AM
What bothers me the most about her is who are the fools that voted her in !!

starkvegasdawg
07-03-2021, 06:33 AM
Twice...let that sink in

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 07:37 AM
I really don't understand why she was even involved. Listening to Keenum is enough politician for the event. I thought they went a little overboard honestly.

Rawdawg
07-03-2021, 07:39 AM
She ran unopposed.

MagicDawg
07-03-2021, 07:47 AM
Also: Ma'am, please speak forward into the microphone. If you face away from it, nobody can hear you. You are on TV and on a PA system.

R2Dawg
07-03-2021, 09:02 AM

Pretty sad but that is the state of our culture now.

She could have just mentioned Mangum and been fine but that just shows how out of touch she is.

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Pretty sad but that is the state of our culture now.

She could have just mentioned Mangum and been fine but that just shows how out of touch she is.

Why would she bring up the real Mayor***

IMissJack
07-03-2021, 10:47 AM
Yeah when I typed that I was actually mad because when I hear her name I get mad about how she passed Airbnb laws to benefit herself and screw over locals and grads. But the AJ thing sucks too

Can you not have Air bnb in Starkville? Serious question

AlSwearengen
07-03-2021, 11:39 AM
I?ve known two politicians well. The successful and smart one couldn?t take the bs and didn?t seek re-election. I guess that makes him a non politician but you get what I?m saying. The one that lives and breathes politics 24/7 and would give his left nut to find a way back in is pretty useless. Likable guy but I would do the opposite if he ever advised me on anything.

BayouDawg
07-03-2021, 12:21 PM
She wasnt even talking into the mic half the time. She seems like she aint all there in the head.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-03-2021, 12:40 PM
Just ask yourself one simple question:

Who did AJ Brown pull for to win a National Championship?

If the answer is anybody other than MSU, then they don’t belong in the conversation. AJ Brown was pulling for Ole Miss to win the natty. Dak and Jake Mangum were pulling for MSU. Ashley Judd was pulling for Kentucky.

parabrave
07-03-2021, 04:40 PM
Question for persons living in Starkville. Did AJ do anything for the Starkville community or his old HS with his signing bonus? Some players do, esp the top round player, and some don't>

Lord McBuckethead
07-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Can you not have Air bnb in Starkville? Serious question

The rule requires huge yearly fees because it was taking away money from the hotel tax. Only problem is, airbnb people now have to pay that fee per bedroom or some shit. Where hotels do not. I say if you do it for one, Hotels should have to pay 500 per bed per year to make it even.

OLJWales
07-03-2021, 05:44 PM
Question for persons living in Starkville. Did AJ do anything for the Starkville community or his old HS with his signing bonus? Some players do, esp the top round player, and some don't>

Which signing bonus? OM or NFL?

Lord McBuckethead
07-03-2021, 05:55 PM

No. And he won't. His dad made out like a bandit with UM. And good for him. But.....mentioning AJ Brown in any context at MSU is 17n retarded. It was a straight tone deaf screw up by the mayor. I love the mayor. She does a good job overall. But in this situation, it is a straight 17 up.

RocketDawg
07-03-2021, 05:59 PM
This is what happens when ignorant people vote.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like when she was running for mayor a few years ago most on this board and the other one thought she was great, with many supporting her because she was an MSU grad.

Lord McBuckethead
07-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Maybe I'm misremembering, but it seems like when she was running for mayor a few years ago most on this board and the other one thought she was great, with many supporting her because she was an MSU grad.

She is not bad. She 17ed up guys. Let it go. I like her as mayor.

RocketDawg
07-03-2021, 06:08 PM

Gotta wonder which one was the highest.

BeardoMSU
07-03-2021, 06:19 PM
She is not bad. She 17ed up guys. Let it go. I like her as mayor.

Indeed. Lets just go back to the Starkville of the 90's, lol. Also, this thread turning into a "culture war" is perplexing.

She ****ed up, both mentioning AJ and defending it on Twitter. Should've just let it go. We should too.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Indeed. Lets just go back to the Starkville of the 90's, lol. Also, this thread turning into a "culture war" is perplexing.

She ****ed up, both mentioning AJ and defending it on Twitter. Should've just let it go. We should too.

Now Beardo you know everyone on here likes a good argument lol

BeardoMSU
07-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Now Beardo you know everyone on here likes a good argument lol

I foolishly thought that winning the chip would yield a short honeymoon period on the board...I'm a dumbass, lol.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 06:33 PM
I foolishly thought that winning the chip would yield a short honeymoon period on the board...I'm a dumbass, lol.

Ah grasshopper you have much to learn!

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Just one question. Did you dress that good luck charm of yours in his State regalia for the championship game?

BeardoMSU
07-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Just one question. Did you dress that good luck charm of yours in his State regalia for the championship game?

You know it. All of us were wearing State gear for game 3.

Funny thing about the boy's outfit. My buddy got that for him as a gift right after he was born, just over a year ago...but it wasn't until now that it fit him. It was meant to be, lol.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 06:50 PM
You know it. All of us were wearing State gear for game 3.

Funny thing about the boy's outfit. My buddy got that for him as a gift right after he was born, just over a year ago...but it wasn't until now that it fit him. It was meant to be, lol.

Great story man! Something you can share with him when he's old enough to understand. Good stuff!

Bothrops
07-04-2021, 06:59 PM
Starkville could do a hell of a lot worse at mayor.

CoachT14
07-04-2021, 09:55 PM
My substantial increase in taxes on my mortgage would disagree that she?s as good as some of you apparently claim.

I think she?s pretty sorry personally. Abuses her power fairly consistently and has foot in mouth disease on a regularly basis.

starkvegasdawg
07-04-2021, 10:23 PM
My substantial increase in taxes on my mortgage would disagree that she?s as good as some of you apparently claim.

I think she?s pretty sorry personally. Abuses her power fairly consistently and has foot in mouth disease on a regularly basis.

And the congregation said amen.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-05-2021, 01:31 AM
I really don't understand why she was even involved. Listening to Keenum is enough politician for the event. I thought they went a little overboard honestly.

^^^^^This Right Here^^^^^ They should have left her off the program and cut Keenum by 15 minutes. He's the definition of a politician. I feel like I've listened to the same speak from him for 10 yrs now.

Rex54
07-05-2021, 05:43 AM
^^^^^This Right Here^^^^^ They should have left her off the program and cut Keenum by 15 minutes. He's the definition of a politician. I feel like I've listened to the same speak from him for 10 yrs now.
Wasn't able to go. Keenum spoke for MORE than 15 minutes?? Good grief the ego. Yeah, everyone packed the Dude to hear you....

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2021, 01:20 PM

Well I like how the city is forcing quality developments happen, even though their ordinances keep small businesses on their toes. The city is starting to turn starkville into a place that demands top dollar to live here. Which I am sure you are pleased with when or if you ever want to sell your house.
Anytime I have an issue in town, the city jumps on it to correct the issue. Anytime they have an opportunity to make living here better, they generally do it. Like walking around with drink in the district areas. Great idea.

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2021, 01:24 PM
I would add, sharing the taxes on hotels and food with the university is a gigantic oversight. The city should keep all that money and do everything they can to make this place as bad ass as possible. The university does not need that money. The city does.

OLJWales
07-05-2021, 01:45 PM
Policies that hinder small business should be called out and eradicated as they generally involve pay offs by the bigger guys to stifle competition. Everybody else suffers except the deal makers.

KentuckyDawg13
07-06-2021, 09:30 AM
https://twitter.com/CopiahDawg/status/1411310155510292486?s=20

Jarius
07-06-2021, 05:56 PM

She is a lot better than her predecessors but that did not take much. I was disappointed someone did not run against her. It would not be hard to have a progressive mayor without all of her idiotic decisions she has made over the last year and a half.

ImissCityBagel
07-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Imagine in the future when schools are in bidding wars to pay little entitled turds like AJ Brown.

Turfdawg67
07-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Huh?!? Schools were in a bidding war for AJ. State bowed out, OM won and Bama came in 2nd. Turned out fine for AJ, but he chose the worst of the 3 for sure. State for the hero status and Bama for the titles.

ETA... in response to IMissCityBagel

R2Dawg
07-07-2021, 07:53 PM
Imagine in the future when schools are in bidding wars to pay little entitled turds like AJ Brown.

When they do, I see some cancers on some teams. It will be interesting to watch the show.

R2Dawg
07-07-2021, 07:54 PM
This NIL may force Saban to retire sooner than later due to egomaniacs on his team.

BiscuitEater
07-07-2021, 08:16 PM
when I hear her name I get mad about how she passed Airbnb laws to benefit herself and screw over locals and grads.

Please explain

Lord McBuckethead
07-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Please explain

Well the city's Airbnb laws screwed over locals and grads. They are 17n retarded. Also, hotels in the area do not have to pay the per bed surcharge every year to remain open and operating. I understand the fees and taxes on each rental, but the blanket cost yearly is bullshit, unless everyone that has rooms to rent has to pay.

We all pay property tax, why the heck is it the city's business if I want to rent out my house for a weekend. It is my 17n property.