PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas writer miffed that 1 publication failed to put Kopps

CaptainObvious
07-02-2021, 10:16 AM
On it?s All-America Team, instead voting Landon Sims first team. But there is more. This same ?unbiased? writer points out that Arkansas was the best team, having swept State in the Regular Season. Apparently. He didn?t get the memo that Omaha is where the best team is decided.

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/landon-sims-kevin-kopps-college-baseball-honors/

shoeless joe
07-02-2021, 10:22 AM
If they had caught that pop up they’d feel different.

They’re still in that mode of making excuses for not having a title. We’ve been there….not anymore….but we’ve been there

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 10:23 AM
Pig with delusional butt hurt.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 10:25 AM
A little sour grapes there lol! They'll have the sec tournament championship trophy to keep them warm in the winter.

3rdGen
07-02-2021, 10:29 AM
If they had caught that pop up they?d feel different.

They?re still in that mode of making excuses for not having a title. We?ve been there?.not anymore?.but we?ve been there

NOT ANYMORE!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!! GLORIOUS FREEDOM!!!!

Maroonthirteen
07-02-2021, 10:32 AM
When it comes to SEC sports and the Arkansas media, Arkansas is North Korea.

No exaggeration. Ignore them. It's the most insular state ever.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2021, 11:04 AM
AR is almost as salty as Vandy fans about this. All they can always is, "but we swept them..."

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 11:12 AM
AR is almost as salty as Vandy fans about this. All they can always is, "but we swept them..."

Yeah those early regular seasons sweeps mean so much at the end of the year, lol! Why would you even bring that up in an article? Makes you look childish and stupid. I guess Missouri should be ahead of us too since they won 2 of 3. This Crybaby mentality is starting to reach epic proporations.

Maroonthirteen
07-02-2021, 11:45 AM
I can't tell ya enough. Arkansas sports media is straight trash. They need red and white skirts and Pom poms.

The mentality over there.... I heard them argue on a afternoon sports show that visiting state troopers (with the football coaches) had no authority in Arkansas. Point was visitors aren't welcomed.

Mjoelner34
07-02-2021, 12:02 PM
Typical case of Fragile X Syndrome. Probably inherited from his sister-mother.

Bothrops
07-02-2021, 12:14 PM
Jealousy

No BS Dawg
07-02-2021, 12:56 PM
In all fairness, Kopps should be on all first team publications. I?m not saying Sims doesn?t deserve to be on there, because he certainly does. At a minimum, they should both be on first team.

chef dixon
07-02-2021, 01:01 PM
The truth is Arkansas wants to be what we are in baseball. Kopps was the best pitcher in baseball this year though

IMissJack
07-02-2021, 01:06 PM

This is fact, I lived in AR in High School. They are the most delusional fan base in the country, because the Little Rock media feeds them propaganda that they eat up like, well pigs. They have no competition in the state and no natural rivals. Even when they were in the SWC, they considered TX their biggest rival, and I can tell you that TX did not feel the same. Kopps is a great pitcher, but getting upset over one vote for another great pitcher is laughable. What they should be questioning is why their coaching staff rode that horse until their chance at a natty vanished with one swing.

Really Clark?
07-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Well that all American ranking actually included professional projections in the mix. The writer even acknowledged that and that Sims probably has the higher ceiling....but still continued to whine about it in his article.

ETA. His title of the article is also a bitch title and misleading.

NWADAWG
07-02-2021, 01:19 PM
If they had caught that pop up they?d feel different.

They?re still in that mode of making excuses for not having a title. We?ve been there?.not anymore?.but we?ve been there

Due to my location, I work in an office full of Hog fans. When the covid testing crap started with NC State, several were giving me crap (in good fun) about the fact that Hogs would be national champs if tournament got cancelled before complete. I took it for a bit, and then chimed in that at least the Hogs couldn't screw that one up by dropping a routine fly ball because they're sitting on the couch not playing.

Was it a little cheesy and petty? - Yes. Was the absolute silence that followed worth it? - Yes.

calidawg
07-02-2021, 01:26 PM
Ark fans and media are barely slotted above OM fans and media in my book. Barely.

IMissJack
07-02-2021, 02:03 PM
Ark fans and media are barely slotted above OM fans and media in my book. Barely.

The difference is State and OM have to play each other and keep each other in check somewhat. Ark is the only game in town in the media, and the won?t play Ark St., because they don?t want to give them credibility.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Due to my location, I work in an office full of Hog fans. When the covid testing crap started with NC State, several were giving me crap (in good fun) about the fact that Hogs would be national champs if tournament got cancelled before complete. I took it for a bit, and then chimed in that at least the Hogs couldn't screw that one up by dropping a routine fly ball because they're sitting on the couch not playing.

Was it a little cheesy and petty? - Yes. Was the absolute silence that followed worth it? - Yes.

Thats awesome! I just watched a replay of that missed popup. 3 Players and none of them wanted any part of it lol! That was the right fielders ball but him and the 1B were looking for the 2B to make the play even though it was a much tougher play for him. One easy foul popup from a NC and they couldn't complete the deal lol!

Liverpooldawg
07-02-2021, 02:14 PM

If you have ever spent any time there you know this is the absolute truth. I've never seen anything like it.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 02:21 PM
I travel to Fort Smith every 6 months for business and have some really good friends there and they're all arky fans and pretty cool about everything but y'all are right it's almost cultish like up there. And they are very full of themselves even though they have no reason to be. It was so awesome to be able to rub this NC in their face when they gave me heck about our sect debacle! Karma is a witch!

Jack Lambert
07-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Are they another SEC team with full scholarships?

Lord McBuckethead
07-02-2021, 10:01 PM

Now that is an accurate analogy.

WPS
07-06-2021, 11:43 AM
Even when they were in the SWC, they considered TX their biggest rival, and I can tell you that TX did not feel the same.

Some old-school Texas fans would vehemently disagree with you there. Arkansas plays Texas this year in football and reading some of their boards they used to hate Arkansas almost as much as they do OU now when both programs were top 10 consistently. Arkansas is playing Arkansas State now but I doubt it changes much.

Not having the likely Golden Spikes winner as a first-team all-american is a bit weird when every other publication will but if they're mainly focused on pro prospects then I can understand it.

IMissJack
07-06-2021, 12:28 PM
Hating a team and being its rival are two different things. I hate Florida, but we are not rivals.

TALL DAWG
07-06-2021, 10:15 PM
Hating a team and being its rival are two different things. I hate Florida, but we are not rivals.

They need to name a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher to all first teams of ALL publications. I've been saying this for years.