PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Doc and the Ninja

WinningIsRelentless
07-02-2021, 07:52 AM
Without what these two did for the athletic department we aren?t National Champions today.

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2021, 08:11 AM
Correct, Cohen was the best possible hire at that time to get our program back on track and trending back up. A lot of people built the foundation for the National Championship Mississippi State Bulldogs.

BiscuitEater
07-02-2021, 08:11 AM
So many have poured blood and sweat yearning to be part of this. Too many to name gave it their best!

I salute you ALL!

Todd4State
07-02-2021, 09:00 AM
Correct and now Polk is back involved with the program like he should be and I want Tommy Raffo to turn Arkansas State into a Sun Belt power.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 09:07 AM
I remember the melt when Cohen "botched" the Lemonis hire.

StarkVegasSteve
07-02-2021, 09:27 AM
Correct and now Polk is back involved with the program like he should be and I want Tommy Raffo to turn Arkansas State into a Sun Belt power.

He's had 14 years.......I don't think it's happening.

Tbonewannabe
07-02-2021, 09:48 AM

We honestly dodged a bullet there. Love Raffo but he would have torn down what Polk had helped build. It was rough watching the first few Cohen years as he righted the ship. Remembering our Right fielder trying to close out the Ole Miss game and he was a senior that hadn't pitched at all since high school. Ugh.

ScoobaDawg
07-02-2021, 09:59 AM
Indeed. Thank you to that damn crazy 4 star general. Someone remind me, how did he end up at state, the IHL board wanted to screw us to with a pick that wasn't ours?

I dropped Greg an email yesterday. Though I hate his employer and the sucess they have. I'm happy he has reached pretty much the top of his field.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 10:11 AM

And this is what Polk threw his temper tantrum over. He wanted Raffo. It was the shittiest thing any coach has ever done to a program. No coach, however great earns the right to do what he did.

StarkVegasSteve
07-02-2021, 10:23 AM
And this is what Polk threw his temper tantrum over. He wanted Raffo. It was the shittiest thing any coach has ever done to a program. No coach, however great earns the right to do what he did.

If memory serves me correct, he was mad because LT had promised him that he could name his successor just like he did in 97 with McMahon but that deal disappeared when Byrne took over.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 10:28 AM
If memory serves me correct, he was mad because LT had promised him that he could name his successor just like he did in 97 with McMahon but that deal disappeared when Byrne took over.

17 LT. Thank God Byrne had the balls to not allow Polk to destroy the program.

StarkVegasSteve
07-02-2021, 11:33 AM
17 LT. Thank God Byrne had the balls to not allow Polk to destroy the program.

Well and the situation was completely different. Other programs had been trying to hire Pat for years and so that succession plan was put in place in 95 basically so we could get him to come back if I remember right. No one was knocking down the doors to come hire Tommy Raffo. And this isn't to knock Tommy Raffo. He was an amazing player for us and was a very good asst. However, he just wasn't ready to be a HC in today's game. It's what makes Lemonis so valuable because he learned the modern way to recruit and build a program from Dan McDonnell.