07-01-2021, 09:12 PM
https://twitter.com/timcorbin/status/1410479445060861955?s=21

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 09:14 PM
Not bad he moved up a little on my
list.

shoeless joe
07-01-2021, 09:20 PM
His post game presser was much better than the one before the series as well. As for kumar….not so much

Lord McBuckethead
07-01-2021, 10:28 PM
His post game presser was much better than the one before the series as well. As for kumar….not so much

Kumar is doing his best post superbowl Cam Newton impersonation. Good role model.

Rex54
07-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Meh... **** him. If he had any class he would compete with 11.7

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Kumar is doing his best post superbowl Cam Newton impersonation. Good role model.

Sure looks like it.

shoeless joe
07-01-2021, 11:06 PM

You’re right.

In the post game kumar was actually more talkative than the Sunday presser. I could make a million points on why it’s disappointing to see that, even from a team you despise…but I’ll just say it’s disappointing. Nevermind…it’s just disappointing

msstatelp1
07-02-2021, 07:19 AM
Meh... **** him. If he had any class he would compete with 11.7

He would be a ****ing idiot to not use every advantage. If the situation was reversed, I'd be pissed if Lemonis limited himself to 11.7

ZedFedder
07-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Vanderbilt isn’t to blame for their advantage. They are smart to use it. The blame falls at the feet of the NCAA.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 07:26 AM
He would be a ****ing idiot to not use every advantage. If the situation was reversed, I'd be pissed if Lemonis limited himself to 11.7

I think you missed the point

Lord McBuckethead
07-02-2021, 09:13 AM
Not bad he moved up a little on my
list.

Yeah, he is in major PR disaster control right now. His image has taken a hit these last few months due to being a complete asshole and his teams and their actions being a bunch of pricks.

Lord McBuckethead
07-02-2021, 09:15 AM
Vanderbilt isn’t to blame for their advantage. They are smart to use it. The blame falls at the feet of the NCAA.

And now that the NCAA doesn't require athletes to be amateurs anymore..... their days of stupid ass enforcement against teams like us are over.
Anytime you need to grease the wheels, the powers that be can funnel money through any entity to get to the family or the player. Unless you are completely terrible at your job, this should be a simple transaction to manage.

StarkVegasSteve
07-02-2021, 09:22 AM
I was actually very impressed with Corbin's post game. I thought he was very appreciative of our coaches and team. I've said for a couple of years now, but I think Vandy/MSU is the best rivalry going in college baseball right now.

Catfish
07-02-2021, 10:55 AM
I was actually very impressed with Corbin's post game. I thought he was very appreciative of our coaches and team. I've said for a couple of years now, but I think Vandy/MSU is the best rivalry going in college baseball right now.

I totally agree. After the game 2 massacre we put on them they seemed to be intimated in the final. Of course knocking Rocker out helped.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 11:07 AM

Yeah I think we've built quite the rivalry with them. We owe them a little payback though. They hit Tanner(luckily he wasn't hurt) and they hit Cumbest and busted up his arm. So a little retribution may be in the pipe for them.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Yeah I think we've built quite the rivalry with them. We owe them a little payback though. They hit Tanner(luckily he wasn't hurt) and they hit Cumbest and busted up his arm. So a little retribution may be in the pipe for them.

Time for some chin music vs Commode Whores next time. You need to retaliate in the proper and measured way and let them know there are consequences to childish bullshit. That's just an aspect of the game if you wanna win and be tough.

shoeless joe
07-02-2021, 11:49 AM

Is it just me or did this vandy team seem “fake tough”?

What I mean is, they were obviously talented on the mound, but when they didn’t have their best they didn’t seem to be able to gut it out. They were all bluster and show. I mean the disrespectful way rocker left the game, the way leiter struts around, the “vandy boys” bullshit, the entitled aura, the worship of the parents and players by media. But when the chips were down and it was nut cuttin time they folded like a cheap lawn chair. They are very talented but they are front runners.

Whereas our guys never folded, they played with grit and toughness no matter the situation around them. This may seem way off base and just my bias but vandy seems to exemplify what modern MLB has become and our guys are straight outta the 80s.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2021, 12:06 PM
Is it just me or did this vandy team seem “fake tough”?

What I mean is, they were obviously talented on the mound, but when they didn’t have their best they didn’t seem to be able to gut it out. They were all bluster and show. I mean the disrespectful way rocker left the game, the way leiter struts around, the “vandy boys” bullshit, the entitled aura, the worship of the parents and players by media. But when the chips were down and it was nut cuttin time they folded like a cheap lawn chair. They are very talented but they are front runners.

Whereas our guys never folded, they played with grit and toughness no matter the situation around them. This may seem way off base and just my bias but vandy seems to exemplify what modern MLB has become and our guys are straight outta the 80s.

I think that's a really good assessment. They carried themselves like entitled little turds, with arrogance and as you said "fake tough", while our kids played with an edge, a toughness and love of the game. This Bulldog team was a throwback team definitly and would've fit in with any era of baseball. We were relentless the whole time. After vandy punched in the mouth in game 1 we got off the mat and just beat the ever living crap out of them, Rocky Balboa style. We literally made vandy tap out. That half ass effort by their outfielder in the top of the 9th showed it. We made them say "No mas", if they had a white flag they would've waved it. They didn't want no more.

Great post,Joe! Really good assessment!

REP!

RocketDawg
07-02-2021, 07:35 PM

Really? I've not seen anything, really, since the game. So he's not quite the all-American boy next door that the ESPN announcers portrayed him to be? I hope to goodness he doesn't wind up being a total prick like Cam.

RocketDawg
07-02-2021, 07:38 PM
I think that's a really good assessment. They carried themselves like entitled little turds, with arrogance and as you said "fake tough", while our kids played with an edge, a toughness and love of the game. This Bulldog team was a throwback team definitly and would've fit in with any era of baseball. We were relentless the whole time. After vandy punched in the mouth in game 1 we got off the mat and just beat the ever living crap out of them, Rocky Balboa style. We literally made vandy tap out. That half ass effort by their outfielder in the top of the 9th showed it. We made them say "No mas", if they had a white flag they would've waved it. They didn't want no more.

Great post,Joe! Really good assessment!

REP!

Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. I believe Corbin benched him afterward though, didn't he?

RocketDawg
07-02-2021, 07:42 PM

Don't know if those hits were intentional or not. They could have been but it wasn't real obvious. But considering who got hit, they very well could have been.

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 08:04 PM
Don't know if those hits were intentional or not. They could have been but it wasn't real obvious. But considering who got hit, they very well could have been.

the one I remember the most was when Cumbest got tagged in the forearm. Looked intentional as shit and it looked like a fastball. we need to bring some chin music next time we play them.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 02:19 AM
Don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. I believe Corbin benched him afterward though, didn't he?

Yeah he pinch hit for him in bottom 9.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 02:23 AM

I'm 99.9% the one on Tanner was intentional because they threw behind him and when you do that it's intentional. The one to Cumbest looked pretty fishy too. When you go up and in like that its getting pretty dicey and they busted his arm up and it could've cost us a NC. A little payback is due.