PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on your National Championship

Tulanefan24
07-01-2021, 05:28 PM
Was wondering if any of y?all had any information about the baseball schedule for next season. Will there be another series with Tulane or was that a one time thing?

preachermatt83
07-01-2021, 05:56 PM
If I had it my way we would never give Tulane the pleasure of stepping onto our field again.

Tulanefan24
07-01-2021, 06:24 PM
If I had it my way we would never give Tulane the pleasure of stepping onto our field again.

You seem fun

Dolphus Raymond
07-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Tulane is welcome in Starkville any time. Like all fan bases, we have our share of assholes and I apologize to you.

OLJWales
07-01-2021, 07:34 PM
Thank you 24 for stopping by to congratulate STATE. Not sure about schedule or what's stuck up preach's ass. Yall have a good program. At least Will Clark pays yall a visit in post season sporting Green Wave gear.

Todd4State
07-02-2021, 02:32 AM
All I know is we're playing Princeton next year for sure as far as OOC weekend series go.

I hope we play Tulane in NOLA. But I can't remember if we are definitely playing Tulane or not next year.

We're always late with finalizing our baseball schedule it seems like.

Bothrops
07-02-2021, 03:42 AM
Was wondering if any of y?all had any information about the baseball schedule for next season. Will there be another series with Tulane or was that a one time thing?

Thank you.

BiscuitEater
07-02-2021, 06:13 AM
You seem fun

My personal 'distaste' for Tulane stems from 2015. Tulane paid pennys to get out of our contract, to sign with another team for big dollars! It was a slimeball thing to do and left us scrambling.

"Tulane officials are working on a football contract with a "large scale" unnamed university and that's one reason why the Green Wave canceled out of its Sept. 24, 2016 game at Mississippi State, Tulane executive associate athletic director Brandon Macneill said on Monday."

Still sucks no matter 'how' you look at it!

Thanks for the 'congrats!'

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 03:53 PM
My personal 'distaste' for Tulane stems from 2015. Tulane paid pennys to get out of our contract, to sign with another team for big dollars! It was a slimeball thing to do and left us scrambling.

"Tulane officials are working on a football contract with a "large scale" unnamed university and that's one reason why the Green Wave canceled out of its Sept. 24, 2016 game at Mississippi State, Tulane executive associate athletic director Brandon Macneill said on Monday."

That?s insane thing to be mad about 6 years later. Do you think Mississippi State has never paid to get out of a contract before? You should probably get over it.

DownwardDawg
07-02-2021, 06:29 PM
That?s insane thing to be mad about 6 years later. Do you think Mississippi State has never paid to get out of a contract before? You should probably get over it.

You come over here visiting and tell one of our regulars to "get over it"??! Are you one of the Tulane baseball player? Asking for a friend......

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 06:45 PM
You come over here visiting and tell one of our regulars to "get over it"??! Are you one of the Tulane baseball player? Asking for a friend......

You think it?s normal or rational to still be mad 5-6 years later that a team bought out of a contract? Why would anyone even care, it?s not like that was going to be some big game. Tulane sucked in 2016.

Does he get mad at Mississippi State when y?all buy out of a contract or is he a hypocrite?

OLJWales
07-02-2021, 07:10 PM
You think it?s normal or rational to still be mad 5-6 years later that a team bought out of a contract? Why would anyone even care, it?s not like that was going to be some big game. Tulane sucked in 2016.

Does he get mad at Mississippi State when y?all buy out of a contract or is he a hypocrite?

Let it go. Dude came here in peace offering congratulations while being nice. Let's be more hospitable to our guests who check in and say good things. Oh, and 24, please remember that foreigners are required to click 3 ads per visit.

ETA. Post intended for downward.

DownwardDawg
07-02-2021, 07:41 PM
Let it go. Dude came here in peace offering congratulations while being nice. Let's be more hospitable to our guests who check in and say good things. Oh, and 24, please remember that foreigners are required to click 3 ads per visit.

ETA. Post intended for downward.

I'm always nice to visitors. Hell I'm nice to our grumpy family on here. But did you watch the Tulane series this year? Just wondering. They acted like ole miss. I was surprised because I didn't expect that from Tulane.

Liverpooldawg
07-02-2021, 07:45 PM

You aren't getting back into the SEC, no matter what you do. I will say it's a damn shame that you dropped out. A traditional SEC team in NOLA would have been awesome, and a great counterweight to LSU. The best rivalries are in state in the same league. What could have been! Same for Georgia Tech. Heck, even Sewanee! Imagine a big ole stadium in that glorious setting!

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 07:53 PM
I'm always nice to visitors. Hell I'm nice to our grumpy family on here. But did you watch the Tulane series this year? Just wondering. They acted like ole miss. I was surprised because I didn't expect that from Tulane.

I did watch it. I can understand why the Tulane club rubbed y?all the wrong way but not much I can do about it. Our coach seems to be in over his head a bit, so no surprise that the players get out of control. Checking Olthoff for pine tar only served to rile up a group that was already prone to be pests.

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 07:55 PM
You aren't getting back into the SEC, no matter what you do. I will say it's a damn shame that you dropped out. A traditional SEC team in NOLA would have been awesome, and a great counterweight to LSU. The best rivalries are in state in the same league. What could have been! Same for Georgia Tech. Heck, even Sewanee! Imagine a big ole stadium in that glorious setting!

Lol, I don?t have any delusions about getting back into the SEC. One of a laundry list of screwups by Tulane

99jc
07-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Lol, I don?t have any delusions about getting back into the SEC. One of a laundry list of screwups by Tulane

i feel the same as preacher......17 you all and the green wave you rode in on.

mparkerfd20
07-02-2021, 08:33 PM

Ditto. GTHT

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 08:40 PM

You and preacher sound like a couple of ******s

Catfish
07-02-2021, 08:43 PM

Its quite obvious now that you joined this board to cause trouble..... You have, now leave!

Dawgcap
07-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Dude you seriously came at a wrong time. We are usually in full melt about something right now!! You walked into hell tonight be we usually aren?t quite this happy!! I kid but I don?t!!

Dawgcap
07-02-2021, 08:47 PM
By that I mean we usually have bigger fish to fry than Tulane baseball and schedule. The conversation probably goes better if we are falling apart in a sport. But right now we?re all happy so we gotta balance that blood pressure with a bit of hate!! Haha

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Its quite obvious now that you joined this board to cause trouble..... You have, now leave!
Lol
I literally just came to ask if anyone knew if there was going to be another Tulane vs Mississippi State baseball series in the near future or if this year was a one-time deal. Some of your buddies decided to be d*cks for no reason. I responded with the same hostility that they greeted me with. Was I supposed to sit here and take it?

SilentSteel16
07-02-2021, 08:49 PM

Wow, that is all I can say. Talk about giving a fan base a black eye. Be bigger than that guys. Our team deserves for us to be better than that !! Don’t let a bunch of sub 24 year olds have to give a lesson in class.

BiscuitEater
07-02-2021, 08:56 PM
That?s insane thing to be mad about 6 years later.

Never said I was mad. But, tell you what .. Pony up the $1 - 1.5M it cost MSU to pay for another 'FCS type' loser school to fill out the '16 schedule and we'll call it even!

basedog
07-02-2021, 08:57 PM
Don’t think u guys are on our agenda next year. LSU comes to StarkVegas next year and again I don’t see us going to New Orleans.

Btw, I was at the game, Tulane pitchers pitches had more movement than any wiffle ball ever thrown. I also sit behind plate and he was getting substances from his cap bill.
Pretty sure he was loading up the ball.

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Never said I was mad. But, tell you what .. Pony up the $1 - 1.5M it cost MSU to pay for another 'FCS type' loser school to fill out the '16 schedule and we'll call it even!

You?re not very bright. Tulane basically did that when we bought out the contract

Dawgcap
07-02-2021, 09:02 PM
Lol
I literally just came to ask if anyone knew if there was going to be another Tulane vs Mississippi State baseball series in the near future or if this year was a one-time deal. Some of your buddies decided to be d*cks for no reason. I responded with the same hostility that they greeted me with. Was I supposed to sit here and take it?
Seriously read my 2 previous posts. Mine was a bit sarcasm but remember no one has anything to get mad about. Mention AJ Brown and Lynn Spruill. Call that bullshit! You good. Seriously guys I?m smiling about anything right now! Even love Tulane. Enjoy!!!

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 09:02 PM
Don?t think u guys are on our agenda next year. LSU comes to StarkVegas next year and again I don?t see us going to New Orleans.

Btw, I was at the game, Tulane pitchers pitches had more movement than any wiffle ball ever thrown. I also sit behind plate and he was getting substances from his cap bill.

They checked him He was not.

SilentSteel16
07-02-2021, 09:04 PM
No one knows the schedule yet. Tulane you came and you saw now time to exit stage left. Have a great 4th and if we get y’all next year expect a HBP or two. Good day.

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 09:06 PM
No one knows the schedule yet. Tulane you came and you saw now time to exit stage left. Have a great 4th and if we get y?all next year expect a HBP or two. Good day.

If you have the authority to ban me, go ahead and do it. I?m not going to leave just because you want me to.

If you have no info on next years schedule, a simple ?not sure yet? or no response at all would have been sufficient. Some folks wanted to be a-holes instead

basedog
07-02-2021, 09:15 PM
Don’t think u guys are on our agenda next year. LSU comes to StarkVegas next year and again I don’t see us going to New Orleans.

Pretty easy to hid stuff now days. MLB has gotten really bad.

Good luck to your team, yes to yalls Coach about being over his head. I have a buddy who lives in New Orleans and says he is a loose cannon. Should have gotten our hitting Coach when y’all had the chance v

State82
07-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Damn, boys. Relax. Get a drink. Chill. We just won THE Natty! Hell, AJ Brown, Eli and David Kellum could join in the conversation and we should not give two 17's! We 17ing did it!!

Dawgcap
07-02-2021, 09:22 PM
Damn, boys. Relax. Get a drink. Chill. We just won THE Natty! Hell, AJ Brown, Eli and David Kellum could join in the conversation and we should not give two 17's! We 17ing did it!!
Thanks. This guy doesn?t deserve any of this. He just asked a question but again we have nothing to bitch at so they go full bore at someone asking a honest question. How many would still be ranting at players if we lost. I like the odds I know.

BiscuitEater
07-02-2021, 09:23 PM
Do you think Mississippi State has never paid to get out of a contract before?

To my knowledge MSU has NEVER backed out of a signed contract just to turn around and sign one for more $$ with another school for the same date. NEVER!

I missed another trip to NO.

I think it was a shitty thing to do but apparently you are ok with your school selling itself to the highest bidder!

Dawgcap
07-02-2021, 09:27 PM
To my knowledge MSU has NEVER backed out of a signed contract just to turn around and sign one for more $$ with another school for the same date. NEVER!

I missed another trip to NO.

I think it was a shitty thing to do but apparently you are ok with your school selling itself to the highest bidder!
Well one reason why we are from the SEC. Really dude unless you work their books don?t judge! Hell go to NO on your own football slows things!! This dude doesn?t deserve this

BiscuitEater
07-02-2021, 09:32 PM
You?re not very bright. Tulane basically did that when we bought out the contract

If you think Tulane paid $1.5 M to get out in 2015, you are the idiot! Contract was written years before. Tulane paid peanuts to canx it, turn around and play someone else the same day! Market changes increased prices to buy games '13 to present.

Google it!

Tulane made a quick buck. Sold itself to higher paying date!

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 09:43 PM
If you think Tulane paid $1.5 M to get out in 2015, you are the idiot! Contract was written years before. Tulane paid peanuts to canx it, turn around and play someone else the same day! Market changes increased prices to buy games '13 to present.

Google it!

Tulane made a quick buck. Sold itself to higher paying date!

Tulane ended up playing ULL on that day at home. No chance that Tulane got some big paycheck for that game.

Tulane paid $350,000 to get out of the contract with Mississippi State. https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/article_74935e99-0ba2-549f-818b-13b0f4c1140a.html

Mississippi State replaced Tulane with Umass and paid Umass $325,000 to go to Starkville, Mississippi on Sept. 23, 2017 and $375,000 on Oct. 17, 2020. the Bulldogs will receive no money for visiting Foxborough in 2016. https://www.gazettenet.com/Archives/2015/06/BLOGMissSt-hg-060915

Looks like a pretty even deal to me. You should do more research before making claims like this

Catfish
07-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Tulane ended up playing ULL on that day at home. No chance that Tulane got some big paycheck for that game.

Tulane paid $350,000 to get out of the contract with Mississippi State. https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/article_74935e99-0ba2-549f-818b-13b0f4c1140a.html

Mississippi State replaced Tulane with Umass and paid Umass $325,000 to go to Starkville, Mississippi on Sept. 23, 2017 and $375,000 on Oct. 17, 2020. the Bulldogs will receive no money for visiting Foxborough in 2016. https://www.gazettenet.com/Archives/2015/06/BLOGMissSt-hg-060915

Looks like a pretty even deal to me. You should do more research before making claims like this

There are some posts on this board about MSU tattoos. Evidently you have TU tattooed on your prick. Have a good day!

SilentSteel16
07-02-2021, 09:49 PM
There are some posts on this board about MSU tattoos. Evidently you have TU tattooed on your prick. Have a good day!

Perfect. Haha

ImissCityBagel
07-02-2021, 11:27 PM
I grew up wanting to play ball for Tulane when they were really good. I remember their scouts and their vicariously living-through-son dads. It's a great campus with New Orleans surrounding it and a bar on campus. Whenever I drink an Abita, I think of Tulane.

Tulanefan24
07-02-2021, 11:36 PM
I grew up wanting to play ball for Tulane when they were really good. I remember their scouts and their vicariously living-through-son dads. It's a great campus with New Orleans surrounding it and a bar on campus. Whenever I drink an Abita, I think of Tulane.

👍🏻
It?s a shame that we?ve let the program fall so far from those days

ScoobaDawg
07-02-2021, 11:46 PM
����
It?s a shame that we?ve let the program fall so far from those days

Look.
This is a Mississippi state board.
You asked your question. You got your answer. We don't know.
So I'll help see your way out.

21jimmy
07-03-2021, 12:07 AM
Look.

Banned for that? What a f*g
You probably voted for Biden

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 12:09 AM

We are the National Champions!!!!
Hahaha!!!!
Goodbye. In before the ban!!!!

Came here out of jealousy to stir shit. Just like you.

21jimmy
07-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Guess I?ll find a better board, maybe they?ll have more info and less punanies

preachermatt83
07-03-2021, 12:22 AM
Look.

Appreciate you taking out the trash right there. They dude had no idea what he was getting into lol

21jimmy
07-03-2021, 12:26 AM
Appreciate you taking out the trash right there. They dude had no idea what he was getting into lol

You?re a p*ssy

ScoobaDawg
07-03-2021, 12:40 AM

Yawn. Come at me bro...

Back to drinking bourbon under the clearest skies Watching the stars.. That's I've seen in a long time.

RougeDawg
07-03-2021, 12:56 AM
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast. I saw that. Preach killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

preachermatt83
07-03-2021, 01:05 AM
You?re a p*ssy

I’m youre daddy boy

preachermatt83
07-03-2021, 01:05 AM
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast. I saw that. Preach killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?

Ha!!!

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 07:52 AM
The pitcher for Tulane that we checked / he had a dark stain on the back of his pants where he kept wiping his glove. It was really obvious. There is no way Lemonis has him checked without knowing he is using something. When you know, you know.

Cowbell
07-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Also, that was the least classy bunch of ball players we saw all year and we had to play Tennessee and ole miss

R2Dawg
07-03-2021, 09:03 AM

Thanks Tulane. I have no idea.

CadaverDawg
07-03-2021, 09:34 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/2wSaulb0fsDydh0IoB/giphy-downsized-large.gif

BiscuitEater
07-03-2021, 10:03 AM

Nice lies/deflections

Tulane cancelled the 2016 MSU game that had been under contract for 17 years (agreed and signed in 1998) just 16 months before the game was to be played.

Tulane paid MSU $350 K cancellation fee.

Cancellation left MSU scrambling to find a2016 opponent willing to travel.

Tulane turned around and scheduled Oklahoma. (+1.2M - $350K = $&850K) Cancellation and scheduling of UMass ending costing MSU up net loss ~$1.5M (http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2015/06/06/msu-tulane-made-850k-cancelling-with-mississippi-state/28605659/ The program will receive $1.2 million from Oklahoma for a three-game football series, according to the Times-Picayune. The agreement came after Tulane canceled its 2016 matchup with Mississippi State.)

I have never been mad about what Tulane did BUT I personally have a list of schools I like and think well of and a list that I'm never surprised when they do something underhanded. Tulane is on the later.

I apologize to all if I offended. It started out as an 'opinion' and escalated.

Dolphus Raymond
07-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Gentlemen, we just won the national championship in baseball and a gentleman from Tulane came here to congratulate us. Let?s try to show a little humility and decency by accepting his overtures and move on. Hell, I love Tulane.

CadaverDawg
07-03-2021, 10:36 AM
I understand sniffing out a bait post, and I'm not so sure how genuine that guy was....but let's try to make sure we don't let a Natty turn us in to douchebags. We have always had a humble fan base, and I'd love to be humble Champs. Would make us even more respected.

That being said, I'm all for ripping on an opposing fan that's coming on here to troll.

KOdawg1
07-03-2021, 10:48 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/kaq6GnxDlJaBq/giphy.gif

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 10:53 AM
This fan base ain't changing. That was purely a bait post and then he attacked one of our posters. Then his little sister came over and talked shit to Scooba. And I remember the way their Bush league team acted in Starkville this year.

CadaverDawg
07-03-2021, 10:54 AM
This fan base ain't changing. That was purely a bait post and then he attacked one of our posters. Then his little sister came over and talked shit to Scooba. And I remember the way their Bush league team acted in Starkville this year.

Yeah. And I'm pretty sure his little sister was actually the same guy with a new user name once Scooba banned him. Which shows he probably didn't have good intentions

DownwardDawg
07-03-2021, 10:57 AM
Yeah. And I'm pretty sure his little sister was actually the same guy with a new user name once Scooba banned him. Which shows he probably didn't have good intentions

I agree 100%!!!! Anyway, back to celebrating our National championship!!!!!!!

BiscuitEater
07-03-2021, 12:33 PM
Guess I?ll find a better board, maybe they?ll have more info and less punanies

Maybe Tulane has a board you can join?

Jack Lambert
07-03-2021, 05:22 PM

I don't think we bought our way out of a contract 5 months before it suppose to be played. That left us in a pickle and only had 6 home games that season. Cost us a lot more.

Commercecomet24
07-03-2021, 05:25 PM
Tulane all the bad attitude of lsu without the trophy's

Jack Lambert
07-05-2021, 01:03 PM
I don't think we bought our way out of a contract 5 months before it suppose to be played. That left us in a pickle and only had 6 home games that season. Cost us a lot more.

To the banned poster who sent me a Private Message you are only comparing what the school made. You said Tulane only paid 350 to get out and Umass paid us 325. First of all it cost money to go to Boston. We would not have had to pay for travel. Second you fail understand how much money that lost home game cost the school in revenue from concessions. It also cost business in the City of Starkville revenue. So kiss my dick bitch.

OLJWales
07-05-2021, 01:12 PM
To the banned poster who sent me a Private Message you are only comparing what the school made. You said Tulane only paid 350 to get out and Umass paid us 325. First of all it cost money to go to Boston. We would not have had to pay for travel. Second you fail understand how much money that lost home game cost the school in revenue from concessions. It also cost business in the City of Starkville revenue. So kiss my dick bitch.

well said Jack. Did anyone in this thread explain the motive for Tulane's Cancellation? Non P5's benefit mightily from playing SEC Schools and you'd think they'd wanna treat us nicely.

DownwardDawg
07-05-2021, 02:45 PM
well said Jack. Did anyone in this thread explain the motive for Tulane's Cancellation? Non P5's benefit mightily from playing SEC Schools and you'd think they'd wanna treat us nicely.

I used to really like Tulane. I wanted to play them in the super dome every year!!! I was naive. I understand why they aren't supported in Louisiana any more than they are now.

Commercecomet24
07-05-2021, 03:53 PM

You nailed it right there.

OLJWales
07-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Some of the residents in one of the most historic cities in modern World History don't take too kindly getting that ass whooped by Vegas, MS.

Todd4State
07-05-2021, 04:21 PM
I used to really like Tulane. I wanted to play them in the super dome every year!!! I was naive. I understand why they aren't supported in Louisiana any more than they are now.

It's mostly because they don't recruit Louisiana residents. They're Vanderbilt without the SEC. Their fans are a lot nicer than Vanderbilt's though and they have a nicer baseball stadium ironically enough.

ScoobaDawg
07-05-2021, 05:16 PM

He registered again... And was banned.. A 3rd time

Catfish
07-05-2021, 05:21 PM
He registered again... And was banned.. A 3rd time

Glad you're keeping tabs on him.

Goldendawg
07-07-2021, 12:13 AM
Got two congrats that really mean a lot. 1st from boyhood best friend who is a livelong UM fan and MD here in our small NE MS hometown. He sent a text that night shortly after we won: "Congratulations. National Champs." I replied, "Thank you, my special friend." He replied, "You are deserving." Next was from another best friend, a Razorback, who walked on many years ago in FB, only to suffer a knee injury that spring. His take: "Congrats on the baseball National Championship. Arkansas just lost it and NC State got screwed." Also ran into an UM fan on 7/3, as my son and I were lining up in my '79 Vette for a parade to the local assisted living center for the older folks living there, ( had a large MSU flag and our cowbells and were well received). He only mentioned that NC State was the "hottest team before their exit". Never offered congrats. Most UM fans won't! Hail State!

Todd4State
07-07-2021, 12:42 AM
Got two congrats that really mean a lot. 1st from boyhood best friend who is a livelong UM fan and MD here in our small NE MS hometown. He sent a text that night shortly after we won: "Congratulations. National Champs." I replied, "Thank you, my special friend." He replied, "You are deserving." Next was from another best friend, a Razorback, who walked on many years ago in FB, only to suffer a knee injury that spring. His take: "Congrats on the baseball National Championship. Arkansas just lost it and NC State got screwed." Also ran into an UM fan on 7/3, as my son and I were lining up in my '79 Vette for a parade to the local assisted living center for the older folks living there, ( had a large MSU flag and our cowbells and were well received). He only mentioned that NC State was the "hottest team before their exit". Never offered congrats. Most UM fans won't! Hail State!

Yeah. I've gotten congrats from everyone except Ole Miss fans.

But I know. And it's awesome!

DawgFan85
07-07-2021, 02:31 AM
Can you blame the OM faithful for not congratulating us on a Natty? I didn't send any of them congrats on their Natty...in women's golf. So 17em all and feed them fishheads!

Johnson85
07-07-2021, 08:14 AM

It's not Tulane's fault that Lonnie Tinkle was a shitty Athletic Director. We gave them a big invitation to screw us and they accepted the invitation. I wish they hadn't, but I'm not going to be mad at them for doing what we invited them to do.

Johnson85
07-07-2021, 08:24 AM
Don?t think u guys are on our agenda next year. LSU comes to StarkVegas next year and again I don?t see us going to New Orleans.

I think we should try to go to New Orleans every year. Surely between Tulane in football at Tulane, ULL or UL Monroe at the Superdome, and Tulane in baseball, we could make a trip every year.

OLJWales
07-07-2021, 08:34 AM
It's not Tulane's fault that Lonnie Tinkle was a shitty Athletic Director. We gave them a big invitation to screw us and they accepted the invitation. I wish they hadn't, but I'm not going to be mad at them for doing what we invited them to do.

Not understanding.

Johnson85
07-07-2021, 08:48 AM
Not understanding.

Lonnie Tinkle signed a deal that was spread out over a long time period and had fixed payments and cancellation fees. Not only that, but he let Tulane have the last away game. I think we may have even rescheduled to push our home game back at one point.

When it was finally time for Tulane to play MSU, the game and buyout fee was wayyyyyy below market. Tulane wanted more money and also wanted to try to keep an easy enough schedule to make bowl eligibility possible. Lonnie Tinkle put their AD in a position where he could net close to $1M by trading out MSU for another P5 buy game and not make their schedule much harder for the purposes of reaching bowl eligibility. And keep in mind that their TV contract at the time was probably paying something under $2M a year total, so netting high six figures was a huge deal for them. And while people can claim that contracts have a moral component, when you put in an explicit buyout option, it sort of undercuts that argument. If we hadn't put any buyout in there, we could have potentially sued them for all of our costs. That's not the way these deals are done, presumably because neither university wants the deal to be that inflexible.

The only think I can fault them for is if they didn't at least give us a chance to renegotiate. I'm not sure if they did or not. It would not shock me if they did not just because emotion does come into these negotiations sometimes and they may have felt like it would be cleaner to just 17 us than it would be to give us a chance to negotiate, us only come within $200k of what Oklahoma would pay (which I could very well see having happened), and them still 17ing us.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-07-2021, 09:34 AM
Geezus we have some asshole fans..

FISHDAWG
07-07-2021, 10:03 AM
Geezus we have some asshole fans..

Maybe so but they have good memories .... I'm more frustrated with our administration for scheduling them down the road again in a few years - maybe our admin needs better memories

Joebob
07-08-2021, 10:44 AM
Ditto. GTHT

So much for southern hospitality.