PDA

View Full Version : Too soon to think about next year? Nah!

MaroonFlounder
07-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Kellum Clark and Brad Cumbest moved up to the middle of the order, to join Kam James and Logan Tanner. There will be some thump in the middle of that order.

This will likely be the first in several years that we won't have an alpha switch-hitter leading off with a high OPS. Is Skinner back? I don't know if he can fill that role, but it would be nice if he could.

We'll be hard-pressed to find a better 1-2 punch at the top of that lineup that is anywhere close to TA and Rowdey. Transfer portal?

Lane Forsythe best defensive SS in SEC, if not the country. And he's figuring out the bat.

Logan Tanner best Catcher in SEC, if not the country. And hits for power and clutch.

Landon Sims best closer in the country, but may be a starter?

Fristoe and Cade Smith in weekend rotation?

Not sure if Hancock will be back, but there was nobody more difficult to strikeout in the country. He just doesn't swing at pitches out of the zone. A huge asset to have.

Ride the talent and experience to another Natty?

Santiago
07-01-2021, 01:57 PM
need a strong bullpen, and some more arms coming in to help us replace what is leaving.
Several strong teams next year.

msudawglb
07-01-2021, 02:20 PM
need a strong bullpen, and some more arms coming in to help us replace what is leaving.
Several strong teams next year.

Preston Johnson threw 75 pitches in game 2. Could he become a starter?

Rex54
07-01-2021, 02:26 PM
If Fristoe can really come along... watch out back to back.

Kam James, LoTan, and Kellum are going to be hell 2-4. We need to find us an Enrique Bradfield type to lead off, steal bases, make the pitcher be thinking about multiple things when on the bases and pitching to those bats.

Same
Fristoe
Cade become the closer/relief ace?

Maybe Preston starts midweek or stays as a bullpen anchor?

Joebob
07-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Would be nice if Sims could stay in the bullpen. There's nothing like knowing he's got the team's back if they've got the lead late in the game.

chef dixon
07-01-2021, 04:46 PM
I honestly don't care. Put Sims at starter. Why the hell not if it helps his career? He's already got us a natty as a closer. Anyone that had a shot to go pro go man. We will be fine as a program but I'm just feeling such a sense of relief.

BeardoMSU
07-01-2021, 04:49 PM
A good comprehensive list of players we don't expect back would be a good starting point.

BeardoMSU
07-01-2021, 04:50 PM
I honestly don't care. Put Sims at starter. Why the hell not if it helps his career? He's already got us a natty as a closer. Anyone that had a shot to go pro go man. We will be fine as a program but I'm just feeling such a sense of relief.

100 k's as THE closer on a National Championship team, lol. Yikes.

TNDawg35
07-01-2021, 10:44 PM
Its not set in stone Rowdy is gone. He is only projected as a 15-20 round guy. His arm is what is hurting him. Think about this tho, we could possibly have this next year...

Rowdy
James
Clark
Tanner
Cumbest

as our top 5 in the order...

KOdawg1
07-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Its not set in stone Rowdy is gone. He is only projected as a 15-20 round guy. His arm is what is hurting him. Think about this tho, we could possibly have this next year...

Rowdy
James
Clark
Tanner
Cumbest

as our top 5 in the order...

Rowdy has come out and said this was his last year. And he really has nothing to gain by coming back. He is what he is. Even if he doesn't get drafted, he'll sign a FA deal and get a chance at pro ball.

It'd be awesome if he came back, but I just don't see it

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Yeah Rowdey gone and he will get drafted just not very high. He has limitations for pro ball. Just doesn't have the arm to play outfield in pro ball. One heckuva Bulldog though who has become a legend!

Todd4State
07-02-2021, 02:15 AM
I'm guessing worst case scenario...

Friday- Sims
Saturday- Fristoe
Sunday- Cade Smith

Closer- Tepper
Set-up- Simmons
Relief ace- Hunt

Midweek- Pico Kohn/Jack Walker

C- LoTan
1B- Hunter Hines/Von Seibert
2B- Leggett/Meche
3B- Kam James
SS- Forsythe
LF- Cumbest
CF- Skinner/Matt Corder
RF- Kellum Clark
DH- Hancock

This is assuming we lose Preston Johnson and Parker Stinnett too as well as Brooks Auger. Odds are high we won't lose all three.

TNDawg35
07-02-2021, 04:44 AM

Friday- Sims
Saturday- Fristoe
Sunday- Cade Smith

Closer- Tepper
Set-up- Simmons
Relief ace- Hunt

C- LoTan
2B- Leggett/Meche
3B- Kam James
SS- Forsythe
LF- Cumbest
CF- Skinner/Matt Corder
RF- Kellum Clark
DH- Hancock

This is assuming we lose Preston Johnson and Parker Stinnett too as well as Brooks Auger. Odds are high we won't lose all three.

Its amazing, 4 days ago, everyone was wanting to bench Forsythe for Leggett. Everyone was saying the kid was the worst SS in the league. Well that kid made the kid from Vandy, who is also a true freshman, look like a fool when it mattered. The Vandy SS booted I know atleast 3 balls in GM 3 alone.

basedog
07-02-2021, 05:50 AM

Friday- Sims
Saturday- Fristoe
Sunday- Cade Smith

Closer- Tepper
Set-up- Simmons
Relief ace- Hunt

C- LoTan
2B- Leggett/Meche
3B- Kam James
SS- Forsythe
LF- Cumbest
CF- Skinner/Matt Corder
RF- Kellum Clark
DH- Hancock

Preston Johnson is coming back.

VandelayIndustries
07-02-2021, 06:57 AM
Preston Johnson is coming back.

Nice