PDA

View Full Version : These Freshman will lead us to more

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-01-2021, 11:34 AM
Seriously, how bout Forsythe, Skinner, and Clark for stepping into rolls they weren't ready for and performing on the highest level? They learned how to never give up, they'll carry over this teams culture for the next 2-3 years because they've seen that it works.

If Forsythe keeps that short swing he'll be a .290 hitter and he's already a stud defensively. He won't have HR power, but you don't need everyone to have pop.Clark needs to read a curve ball, but once he learns not to swing at junk he'll be a POTY candidate. He's that good at hitting FBs. And Skinner needs to get his average up a bit and he'll be a stud defender and a leadoff man that steals a ton of bases. He was pumped last night, there's no mental weakness in him. On the mound, Fristo and Cade Smith will be high level starters in no time. I think both have the bulldog mentality of this year's team, they won't pitch scared.

Those 5 will be the best class we've ever had, mark it down now. They'll get another Natty before they leave, and will be fantastic leaders after learning from this year's team.

This is the golden era of Baseball, and I see no signs of it slowing down. Hailstate!!!

vv83
07-01-2021, 11:37 AM
Brayland is a senior. He?s JUCO and then with Covid rules I have no idea what his eligibility looks like but I think he has one more year

MetEdDawg
07-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Kellum Clark ha POTY potential. No telling what else he could have done this year had he been available from the beginning.

The returning core is solid. James, Hancock, LoTan, Clark, Forsythe. Hopefully Skinner can really emerge as a leadoff.

shoeless joe
07-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Kellum Clark ha POTY potential. No telling what else he could have done this year had he been available from the beginning.

The returning core is solid. James, Hancock, LoTan, Clark, Forsythe. Hopefully Skinner can really emerge as a leadoff.

All Clark has to realize is that he can hit the ball out to left center. Once he does that it will allow him to sit back and do a better job of reading pitches. He’ll learn. He played a gigantic role in this title run.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 12:08 PM
Kellum is an all out guess hitter always has been. It's why he looks so bad sometimes. Once he learns to depend more on reading pitches and less on guessing he's gonna be a stud.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-01-2021, 01:14 PM
Clark has a sweet ass swing. He will be a legend before he leaves here

Walkerhill
07-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Brayland is a senior. He?s JUCO and then with Covid rules I have no idea what his eligibility looks like but I think he has one more year

He is a sophomore in eligibility. Redshirted his first judo year, played his second, third was Covid impacted partial year. So, 2 left if he chooses to use them.

I would think in academic eligibility he is something like a junior. Typically it takes 2 years to finish a degree after juco. Probably graduates next May or around there.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-01-2021, 04:54 PM
Seriously, how bout Forsythe, Skinner, and Clark for stepping into rolls they weren't ready for and performing on the highest level? They learned how to never give up, they'll carry over this teams culture for the next 2-3 years because they've seen that it works.

If Forsythe keeps that short swing he'll be a .290 hitter and he's already a stud defensively. He won't have HR power, but you don't need everyone to have pop.Clark needs to read a curve ball, but once he learns not to swing at junk he'll be a POTY candidate. He's that good at hitting FBs. And Skinner needs to get his average up a bit and he'll be a stud defender and a leadoff man that steals a ton of bases. He was pumped last night, there's no mental weakness in him. On the mound, Fristo and Cade Smith will be high level starters in no time. I think both have the bulldog mentality of this year's team, they won't pitch scared.

Those 5 will be the best class we've ever had, mark it down now. They'll get another Natty before they leave, and will be fantastic leaders after learning from this year's team.

!

I like those 5, although they aren't all freshmen. But I don't believe those 5 are better than the class of Adam Piatt, Eric Dubose, Dustin Dabbs, Brad Freeman, Rob Hauswald, Jeremy Jackson, Richard Lee, Barry Patton, and Scott Polk.

BuckyIsAB****
07-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Cumbest will benefit from going all baseball too. Which I totally expect to happen. We will prolly also get a transfer or two. I am excited about Kyte McDonald. He was electric when he played this year

vv83
07-01-2021, 05:27 PM
He is a sophomore in eligibility. Redshirted his first judo year, played his second, third was Covid impacted partial year. So, 2 left if he chooses to use them.

I would think in academic eligibility he is something like a junior. Typically it takes 2 years to finish a degree after juco. Probably graduates next May or around there.

That?s great. I knew he was a senior, but figured with Covid/JUCO he probably had some weird situation. Happy to have him another 2 years for sure

vv83
07-01-2021, 05:28 PM
Cumbest will benefit from going all baseball too. Which I totally expect to happen. We will prolly also get a transfer or two. I am excited about Kyte McDonald. He was electric when he played this year

You think he gives up his full ride? I think it would be great for us if he focused only on baseball, but that?s a lot to ask to give up a free ride

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 05:28 PM

Yeah Kyte just needs reps.

Rex54
07-01-2021, 05:35 PM
Kellum is on the Renfroe career trajectory

shoeless joe
07-01-2021, 06:39 PM

Clark is more polished at this point than renfroe was. Also, no clue if Clark has all 5tools we heard so much about

smootness
07-01-2021, 06:53 PM

? He is WAY ahead of the Renfroe trajectory. Renfroe barely played as a freshman and then wasn't nearly as good as a sophomore as Clark was as a freshman.

Homedawg
07-01-2021, 08:38 PM

Kelllim is way ahead of where renfroe was at the same point in their careers. And I'm not saying he's going to be as good or better. Just as fr. Not even close.

Homedawg
07-01-2021, 08:39 PM
? He is WAY ahead of the Renfroe trajectory. Renfroe barely played as a freshman and then wasn't nearly as good as a sophomore as Clark was as a freshman.

Sorry for not reading your post first. But this.

KOdawg1
07-01-2021, 08:49 PM
I can't explain it, but the ball just sounds different coming off Kellum's bat.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-01-2021, 09:45 PM
I like those 5, although they aren't all freshmen. But I don't believe those 5 are better than the class of Adam Piatt, Eric Dubose, Dustin Dabbs, Brad Freeman, Rob Hauswald, Jeremy Jackson, Richard Lee, Barry Patton, and Scott Polk.

Any of those guys win a natty?

Homedawg
07-01-2021, 10:36 PM

That is the best class we've ever gotten to school for sure. Legit. And great group of guys too.

MSUDAWGFAN
07-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Clark has a sweet ass swing. He will be a legend before he leaves here

With that 3 run HR, I'd say he already is headed that way now!

somebodyshotmypaw
07-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Any of those guys win a natty?

No. But the discussion was best class.

Josh Hatcher won a natty. That doesn't make him a better hitter than Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro, or Brent Rooker.

I like Skinner, Forsythe, Kellum Clark, Cade Smith, and Fristoe. I like them a lot. But I personally don't think they will be the best class ever. That's my opinion, and it's okay to disagree.