PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like

KOdawg1
07-01-2021, 08:06 AM
Now that we've gotten one, we're just getting started? Like the floodgates have opened and here comes the flood?

Maybe it's the adrenaline still going from last night, but I think Mississippi State Baseball is about to go on a historic run. We've got the culture, we've got the coach, we've got the support, and now, we've got the first championship to get us going.

Hail freaking State yall

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:20 AM
We are already on a historic run - 3 straight CWS, 5 supers, etc. This program has always been a top 5 program but we are on edge starting a dynasty. However, we play in the SEC, just making super and Omaha is a huge achievement.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 08:25 AM
Now that we've gotten one, we're just getting started? Like the floodgates have opened and here comes the flood?

Maybe it's the adrenaline still going from last night, but I think Mississippi State Baseball is about to go on a historic run. We've got the culture, we've got the coach, we've got the support, and now, we've got the first championship to get us going.

Hail freaking State yall

The huge benefit is we have a big core of young players who now know what it takes to go all the way. If our Coaches are as good as we think they are - they can channel that into building a dynasty. The hardest thing to do in sports is repeat. You have the target on your back, and everyone on the schedule next year will be bringing their A game to beat The Champs. Next year will be a challenge like we've never faced.

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-01-2021, 08:27 AM
Baseball is such a weird game. Hosting regionals and getting to supers should be goal every year. Anything can happen from there. SEC ain?t playing around with coaches in the league. It will be tough as it has been

DownwardDawg
07-01-2021, 08:31 AM
We are about to win a few in baseball. When we hired Lemonis, I told my son we would win the CWS within 5 years. He did it in 2 really since last year didn't count. We're just getting started.

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2021, 08:38 AM

Hail freaking State yall

Yes, over the next 10 years, we are poised to be a factor for multiple championships.

I'm enjoying this too much for that kind of thinking right now

Rex54
07-01-2021, 08:38 AM
You can't predict baseball. Just take this in and enjoy it. Hell it could be another decade before we even get back to Omaha, you just never know.