PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

StateDawg44
07-01-2021, 08:01 AM
It's obvious ESPN dropped the ball covering MSU through the tournament and spent all their time gushing over their darling Vandy Boys or their parents for some reason. Or any of the other countless stupid stories like Corbin's loser ass being too good to shower or sleep in some junky camper he and Maggie drove around and had to zip tie a hose they were dragging back onto the RV.

But it wasn't just Vandy. There were plenty of feel-good stories and spotlights about other teams too. Vandy was just the cat's meow. Not for MSU though. The little pieces they scrambled to put together were obviously slapped together last second and had nothing behind them.

Beating Vandy the way we did couldn't have been sweeter. Even losing the first and raging back was perfect. Can't think of a better way or a better team to get to stomp a hole in and embarrass in the baseball Natty than Vandy. Even over OM simply because they will never even sniff a natty.

The boys flew under the hype of everyone else and gave a big middle finger to ESPN for their biased coverage and disrespect and lack of coverage of the team. Hopefully they will finally show MSU and the state of Mississippi some respect.

I couldn't be happier and more proud as an MSU fan right now. A season and CWS I will never ever forget. Thank You Omadawgs!

#Hail State

Hot Rock
07-01-2021, 08:04 AM
Peter Burns is ESPN and that dude showed some helluva respect. If have not seen what he has said, look it up. I can't right now or I would get you some links. I have to go to work.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2021, 08:08 AM
The SEC guys were talking as if they could not believe we did not storm the field. We are not Ole Miss.

StateDawg44
07-01-2021, 08:08 AM
Peter Burns is ESPN and that dude showed some helluva respect. If have not seen what he has said, look it up. I can't right now or I would get you some links. I have to go to work.

Did he say this after the fact?

I'm not saying the commentators didn't show some love. Not as much but we don't need that. That type of banter doesn't matter. KP definitely gave some love and tried to explain what it means to our fanbase but there are no words to do that. They definitely say we have the best fans, bragged on the fans in omaha, brag on the Dude. All of that is for certain. They just clearly spent more time focusing on creating numerous featured stories and spotlights to help fans or casual watchers connect with all the teams. I may have somehow missed some of ours. But I don't know when. There were one or two very short simple ones that seemed like they scraped up a few clips and called it good.

I don't even want this to come across as a negative post or thread. I'm ecstatic and on top of the world right now.

Just glad to see MSU finally shut all the doubters up.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 08:14 AM
Did he say this after the fact?

I'm not saying the commentators didn't show some love. Not as much but we don't need that. That type of banter doesn't matter. KP definitely gave some love and tried to explain what it means to our fanbase but there are no words to do that. They definitely saw we have the best fans, bragged on the fans in omaha, brag on the Dude. All of that is for certain.

I don't even want this to come across as a negative post or thread. I'm ecstatic and on top of the world right now.

Just glad to see MSU finally shut all the doubters up.

Burns always gives us respect - he even bought a round for everyone at Bin612 last night.
But, read this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410411662142803968?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410412325899747329?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410412973219274753?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410414102938329092?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410415039455109122?s=20

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:15 AM
Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the "lets not kid ourselves this isn't the best Vandy team" like we didn't really earn the NC. That ain't what they were saying after game 1.

Doesn't matter now, they can take their big story of MSU never won anything ticker line and put it away. MSU national champs. We never have to hear again at baseball games, the only thing MSU is missing is a NC. It is here and will be posted in the Dude for all to see.

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2021, 08:52 AM
It's obvious ESPN dropped the ball covering MSU through the tournament and spent all their time gushing over their darling Vandy Boys or their parents for some reason. Or any of the other countless stupid stories like Corbin's loser ass being too good to shower or sleep in some junky camper he and Maggie drove around and had to zip tie a hose they were dragging back onto the RV.

But it wasn't just Vandy. There were plenty of feel-good stories and spotlights about other teams too. Vandy was just the cat's meow. Not for MSU though. The little pieces they scrambled to put together were obviously slapped together last second and had nothing behind them.

Beating Vandy the way we did couldn't have been sweeter. Even losing the first and raging back was perfect. Can't think of a better way or a better team to get to stomp a hole in and embarrass in the baseball Natty than Vandy. Even over OM simply because they will never even sniff a natty.

The boys flew under the hype of everyone else and gave a big middle finger to ESPN for their biased coverage and disrespect and lack of coverage of the team. Hopefully they will finally show MSU and the state of Mississippi some respect.

I couldn't be happier and more proud as an MSU fan right now. A season and CWS I will never ever forget. Thank You Omadawgs!

#Hail State

Do you really want gushing coverage though? Seems you invite players to start thinking too much and becoming individuals too much.

I think is better to win the whole damn thing with minimum coverage. Like Costal in 16.

I rather have an SEC storied, 10 years later

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Good stuff Bruns. Burns is a good dude and great host of SECN. He is right, there is something different and special at MSU. It is why I know so many that end up there.

viverlibre
07-01-2021, 09:33 AM
The SEC guys were talking as if they could not believe we did not storm the field. We are not Ole Miss.

Uh, we had several dozen fans storm the field, even tore down part of the out field fence. I got a good video of one our fans in a walking boot in a pushing contest with a security guard.

StateDawg44
07-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Burns always gives us respect - he even bought a round for everyone at Bin612 last night.
But, read this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN/status/1410411662142803968?s=20

That's awesome. Hail yeah!

Do you really want gushing coverage though? Seems you invite players to start thinking too much and becoming individuals too much.

I think is better to win the whole damn thing with minimum coverage. Like Costal in 16.

I rather have an SEC storied, 10 years later

No that's not the reasoning behind this thread. It wasn't because I feel like we didn't get enough press and now I want to whine about it because I think we deserved more. Flying under the radar was a plus and not having all of that surrounding us was probably a plus like you said.

We got tons of unbelievably great PR and media coverage. The insane crowd taking over, hot girls all over TV, winning tradition, huge moments and highlights, and players showing up and showing out. Not to mention it was everyone watching in America vs. Vandy.

Just nice to see the media & media darling get disrespected and flat out embarrassed after the media didn't respect us.

thf24
07-01-2021, 09:58 AM
Only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the "lets not kid ourselves this isn't the best Vandy team" like we didn't really earn the NC. That ain't what they were saying after game 1.

Doesn't matter now, they can take their big story of MSU never won anything ticker line and put it away. MSU national champs. We never have to hear again at baseball games, the only thing MSU is missing is a NC. It is here and will be posted in the Dude for all to see.

My biggest problem with "this isn't the best Vandy team" is Vandy teams of any quality are on a different playing field than everyone else. I'm sick of Vandy-friendly media pretending they aren't riding a monumental advantage from the first pitch of every single game they play in.

StateDawg44
07-01-2021, 10:08 AM
My biggest problem with "this isn't the best Vandy team" is Vandy teams of any quality are on a different playing field than everyone else. I'm sick of Vandy-friendly media pretending they aren't riding a monumental advantage from the first pitch of every single game they play in.

Just so blown away at how good they are. So crazy. Just how does Corbin pull it off???****

Percho
07-01-2021, 12:21 PM
https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN

Watch the clip down a little of Jake Mangum.

Be ready to cry.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Props to burns for that! He gets us! HAILSTATE!

Hot Rock
07-01-2021, 01:50 PM
I am a Peter Burns fan after what I read about last night. He may not be homegrown but he is as much a Bulldog as any national type media dares to become.

Herbstreet also had some nice things to say along the way and he is the ESPN college football guy. Some of those guys get it.