PDA

View Full Version : Screw Corbin and Vandy. Bunting in the 9th with 2 outs and down by 9 was Bush League

Saltydog
07-01-2021, 06:43 AM
and shows their character, or lack thereof. I wish I had been sitting anywhere remotely close to either one of those whistling SOB?s. Now that would?ve been fun. BTW, Kellum Clark?s father was directly two rows back from me last night. Beautiful moment when that HR was hit. Lotsa tears of joy.

Rex54
07-01-2021, 06:50 AM
Meh I didn't have a problem with it. The "unwritten rules" need to be mostly eliminated

99jc
07-01-2021, 06:50 AM
I was sitting close to the Whistler....when we went up by 9 it was glorious! that dumbass 17 looked like he was going to cry!

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 07:37 AM
and shows their character, or lack thereof. I wish I had been sitting anywhere remotely close to either one of those whistling SOB?s. Now that would?ve been fun. BTW, Kellum Clark?s father was directly two rows back from me last night. Beautiful moment when that HR was hit. Lotsa tears of joy.

Which was balanced out by the ump ringing him up on a play that looked like he was safe. Karma bitches.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2021, 07:45 AM
It doesn't matter but out of curiosity was he safe? That looked really close and I suspect it would have been reviewed if it wasn't the last out of the game down by 9.

Offshore Dawg
07-01-2021, 07:47 AM
OH, what did bunting get them ?

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:03 AM
Didn't bother me, he knew he was beat. It was almost conceding the game giving us an out.

TNDawg35
07-01-2021, 08:10 AM
It doesn't matter but out of curiosity was he safe? That looked really close and I suspect it would have been reviewed if it wasn't the last out of the game down by 9.

Oh he was safe by a mile, but there was no way they were gonna review that with them being down my 9.

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Oh he was safe by a mile, but there was no way they were gonna review that with them being down my 9.

I thought so too; they could have called strike 3 for Sims too before that which to me would have been more fitting.

The ump at first wanted his moment too.

Johnson85
07-01-2021, 11:39 AM

I don't understand why bunting down nine shows lack of character. It's the championship game. You don't quit no matter what the score is.

I also thought he was safe and was expecting a review. I'm sure it would have been somewhat embarrassing for Corbin to challenge that call down 9 with one out to go, but I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

sleepy dawg
07-01-2021, 11:42 AM
Had we been down 9 in that spot, I'd have been pissed if we gave up. It ain't over till it's over.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
07-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Didn't bother me, he knew he was beat. It was almost conceding the game giving us an out.

This is how I read it.

OLJWales
07-01-2021, 04:22 PM
He looked safe to me but ump said17 it