PDA

View Full Version : I was listening to the radio and...

SailingDawg
06-30-2021, 11:21 PM
it was anticlimactic because Jim thought the runner was safe. So glad for Jim to see this National Championship. He's synonymous with the quality of our program. Glad Jay was along for the ride as well. I loved their commentary all season.

shoeless joe
06-30-2021, 11:36 PM
Ha…yeah it was. I turned over to the radio in the 9th just to hear him when we won it. And he wasn’t wrong…the runner was safe.

But you could tell during that call and further into the post game that it meant a lot to him. I am extremely happy he was able to see it happen. In my mind Jim Ellis is Mississippi state baseball.

Todd4State
06-30-2021, 11:39 PM
To me, if you're bunting down 9-0 with no one on you should just be automatically out even if you are safe.

That was typical Vandy horseshit baseball.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 11:41 PM
Glad Jim got to see it I been listening to him do Bulldog baseball since I was a kid. Only wish Jack had lived to see it

shoeless joe
06-30-2021, 11:49 PM
To me, if you're bunting down 9-0 with no one on you should just be automatically out even if you are safe.

That was typical Vandy horseshit baseball.

Agree

My wife asked will they review that? I said, shit naw…it’s over now!

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 11:51 PM
Agree

My wife asked will they review that? I said, shit naw…it’s over now!

Yeah the umps booked it to the dressing room as soon as the out call was made.

Lord McBuckethead
06-30-2021, 11:59 PM
Yeah the umps booked it to the dressing room as soon as the out call was made.

Still didn't make up for the 24" strike zone they were giving Rocker. Dude doesn't need it, usually.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 12:01 AM
Still didn't make up for the 24" strike zone they were giving Rocker. Dude doesn't need it, usually.

Yeah he exceptionally bad tonight

William Tecumsah Sherman
07-01-2021, 12:02 AM
Rowdy ripping that first pitch set the tone

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 12:04 AM
Rowdy ripping that first pitch set the tone

Amen to that! Punch em in the mouth early take that rocker invincibility away early.

basedog
07-01-2021, 08:26 AM
Talk about the bunt, but the throw and play James made was impressive and a great way to end the season for him!

MetEdDawg
07-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Talk about the bunt, but the throw and play James made was impressive and a great way to end the season for him!

He played a hell of a 3rd base the last month. Our hitting came through when it needed to the last month, but the defense that we left for dead a month and a half ago is the unsung hero of the playoffs.

No errors in the CWS by us. Pitch and play good defense will always give you a chance to win

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Glad Jim got to see it I been listening to him do Bulldog baseball since I was a kid. Only wish Jack had lived to see it

Agree. I think of Jack in moments like that like the WBB NC games and in 14 when we were #1 in nation. Boy wish Jack could have called games when his Bulldogs were #1. He was watching.

basedog
07-01-2021, 09:03 AM
He played a hell of a 3rd base the last month. Our hitting came through when it needed to the last month, but the defense that we left for dead a month and a half ago is the unsung hero of the playoffs.

No errors in the CWS by us. Pitch and play good defense will always give you a chance to win

Our defense was solid, Lane has a chance to be as good as Manisco (Sp) who may have been the best SS I saw play at Msu. Man his arm is strong and accurate. Very happy for that young man!

PMDawg
07-01-2021, 09:26 AM
Costello, or whoever was behind the plate, he needs to be removed from consideration for umpiring college games that have any meaning. He should be calling Rider versus Kent State or something. How he got included in the CWS pool is beyond me. I've seen little league umps at the local park that could do a better job than that. And it wasn't just one game, so you can't write it off as a "bad night".