PDA

View Full Version : How Bout this!!!!

basedog
06-30-2021, 10:32 PM
Lane Forysthe made the all CWS team!!!!

Congrats my man, you played flawless at SS and I?m excited to know you will be our guy playing up the middle.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 10:34 PM
Proud for him! He solidified our defense big time! I bet Vandy would take him!

Cowbell
06-30-2021, 10:36 PM
The fact that we had 0 errors the entire cws is amazing. And to think people questioned our coaching.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2021, 10:43 PM
The fact that we had 0 errors the entire cws is amazing. And to think people questioned our coaching.

It's coaching. Our staff has been amazing. They push all the right buttons. Plus, being conservative with our pitchers early in the season, is precisely why we're standing where we are right now. These MFer's know what they're doing. Chess, not checkers.

basedog
06-30-2021, 10:45 PM
It’s hard to understand how some were so negative but it’s just a message board. Lemonis is has proven how good he is, his record speaks for itself! He trust his stuff and let’s them do there job. Smart man!

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 10:55 PM
The main reason we were here and won this. Lemonis played the long game. He didn't stretch our pitchers til the postseason. Our arms were way more fresh than the others. Look at rocker tonight. I said this before Lemonis is like a good jockey who knows when to go the whip. We got us a great coach guys. Saban like

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 10:57 PM
It’s hard to understand how some were so negative but it’s just a message board. Lemonis is has proven how good he is, his record speaks for itself! He trust his stuff and let’s them do there job. Smart man!

I hope we can put an end to the staff can't coach stuff forever now.

basedog
06-30-2021, 10:59 PM

There will always be that one or two.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2021, 11:04 PM
There will always be that one or two.

I know lol. You know I don't mind it when people say I would've done that different or questioning a decision but to say these guys can't coach or suck just ain't right. It's like when I used to ride umpires I would always so that was a bad call or you may have missed that, never said you suck or you're terrible.

BayouDawg
06-30-2021, 11:49 PM
This staff has done an excellent job! I have have been critical at times but as usual they knew waaaay more than me.

BeardoMSU
06-30-2021, 11:51 PM
The main reason we were here and won this. Lemonis played the long game. He didn't stretch our pitchers til the postseason. Our arms were way more fresh than the others. Look at rocker tonight. I said this before Lemonis is like a good jockey who knows when to go the whip. We got us a great coach guys. Saban like

This, this, and all of this.

Lord McBuckethead
07-01-2021, 12:45 AM

We played awesome defense, but there is no way in hell Rowdey should not have earned an error for missing a pop up. I scored it as an error. Either way, we won it straight up against Vandy.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 07:46 AM
I know lol. You know I don't mind it when people say I would've done that different or questioning a decision but to say these guys can't coach or suck just ain't right. It's like when I used to ride umpires I would always so that was a bad call or you may have missed that, never said you suck or you're terrible.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago - great coaches know how to play the long game and keep their players engaged thru the season and ready for the moment. Bobby Cox, LaRussa, and Joe Torre were 3 of the best. The thing that can make them elite is the ability to shift to post season mode and win it all. John Cohen was our Bobby Cox, but we got our Torre in Lemonis.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 07:48 AM
We played awesome defense, but there is no way in hell Rowdey should not have earned an error for missing a pop up. I scored it as an error. Either way, we won it straight up against Vandy.

Balls lost in the sun are rarely scored an error.

preachermatt83
07-01-2021, 07:56 AM
It's coaching. Our staff has been amazing. They push all the right buttons. Plus, being conservative with our pitchers early in the season, is precisely why we're standing where we are right now. These MFer's know what they're doing. Chess, not checkers.

Exactly!

basedog
07-01-2021, 08:11 AM
Hey y'all don't make me do another Lane Forsythe post, LOL. Let's hear about his accomplishment, he desires it.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2021, 08:19 AM
Hey y'all don't make me do another Lane Forsythe post, LOL. Let's hear about his accomplishment, he desires it.

This series was the best example of why I don't question coaches on most "who plays" decisions. Coaches know their players, and on great teams players know their roles.

R2Dawg
07-01-2021, 08:24 AM

I hope we can put an end to poor ole MSU, we ain't got talent, we can't win it all, we can't this or that, they are better than us, etc.

One thing I can't stand is our own fans not giving our team the credit due just because they wear maroon jersey.

Back to thread topic - see Lane Forsythe. Dude can flat play some D. His bat came thru in finals too. He was just a freshmen.

DownwardDawg
07-01-2021, 08:26 AM

I was just about to comment on Lane.
What a fantastic job he did and was clutch the last 2 games when we needed him most. Dude started hitting the ball and just helped add to the beatdown that Vandy took.

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2021, 08:44 AM

0 Errors

Huge stat, plus all the hustle. Like Kam flying into the stands.

Chris Burke said it yesterday. No doubt who is the best team in the Nation. MSU won the most competitive CWS in recent memory.

KB21
07-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Lane Forysthe made the all CWS team!!!!

Congrats my man, you played flawless at SS and I?m excited to know you will be our guy playing up the middle.

This is why baseball coaches can't make knee jerk reactions and bench players for a few bad plays. Look at Kam at 3B as well. Two weeks ago, most wanted him off third base. Now, his defense at 3B was a big key to this team winning the national championship.

Lane is a guy who has struggled with the bat mightily, to the point that many wanted him benched. That kid is going to be a great great short stop before he leaves Mississippi State.

PMDawg
07-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Lane is pretty close to MLB level at SS, as a freshman. I mean, he's really that good. If he gets his bat going, he'll be something. And I believe he will, because you could tell it was mostly mental. He was going to the plate thinking "don't screw up" or "don't strike out", you could read it all over his face. He finally looked to get some confidence in the final series. Hopefully that carries over to summer league, and he comes back next year a complete player. That's kind of what I'm expecting.

Really Clark?
07-01-2021, 09:40 AM
So proud for Lane!! Everyone knew it was too soon for his bat but defensively it absolutely to correct move and finally getting those hits late in the World Series may be just the kick start for his offense the next few years.

Also, Scotty was outstanding defensively all year and really took it up another notch. Got us some clutch hits as well knocking in some runs.

shoeless joe
07-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Lane was a huge reason we won it all. He played the olde tyme SS role. Little fella with a good glove and weak bat. Then when it mattered most the bat showed up. He does need to hit the weight room this off season but no reason at all we haven?t found an elite defensive SS for the next several years.

And he absolutely showed what mental toughness looks like. Even when he had been hitless throughout the postseason his defense never waivered. The play he made against Campbell to win the regional really stands out. The ball he bobbled Tuesday only to regroup and show off his arm with an accurate throw is another. The ability to reliably catch and throw is sometimes taken for granted by fans but we are the champs because we did it all postseason.

Commercecomet24
07-01-2021, 11:08 AM
Since the beginning of baseball you have to be strong up the middle defensively(ask Vandy lol). Lane solidified our infield defense and he's an elite defender. Add dubrule Logan Tanner and Rowdey and our middle defense was better than most!

Percho
07-01-2021, 11:47 AM
How about that play where Hancock went for the ball, reversed to 1st and Dubrule threw before he turned?

A great baseball play.

Percho
07-01-2021, 11:48 AM
Who will be in center next year? Skinner?

No BS Dawg
07-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Who will be in center next year? Skinner?

That would be my guess, unless we have someone that is faster. Skinner can flat fly. His speed saved a few base hits the last few games too. He is all out hustle, just like Mangum, Jordan, and Allen.

chainedup_Dawg
07-01-2021, 12:03 PM
I said the same thing watching that game on TV but then I sat in centerfield the last 2 games and immediately realized just how difficult that read is at that time of day

PMDawg
07-01-2021, 01:25 PM

You know there will be calls for their heads when we lose a midweek game to Alcorn State in March of next year. Haha

No BS Dawg
07-01-2021, 01:59 PM
0 Errors

Huge stat, plus all the hustle. Like Kam flying into the stands.

Chris Burke said it yesterday. No doubt who is the best team in the Nation. MSU won the most competitive CWS in recent memory.

But, but, but, Yancey said this World Series showed even a flawed team can win the National Championship!*****