PDA

View Full Version : How many of you go the games?

Jdawg
11-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Just curious if most on here go to the games or watch the tube. I don't get to many with my work schedule.

BulldogBear
11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Go to almost all home games. Got plans Saturday and won't be at Bama. First home game missed this year. Arkansas will be my 83rd MSU game and 107th FBS game. I keep a running tally on my elitedawgs profile. Years ago I made a life goal to see every FBS school play at least once though I'm afraid the guy they featured this past week will have me beat. Not only has seen all of them but also been to all 125 venues. I'm not attempting that!!!!

Jdawg
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM
That's awesome. I wish I had the time and money. I do want to take my kids to see a game in every SEC stadium. M

FISHDAWG
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm usually good for a couple per season and the bowl but living in ATL makes it a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive

BulldogBear
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm usually good for a couple per season and the bowl but living in ATL makes it a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive

Too bad we don't go to UGa more. Wait, what am I saying. We like playing UK!!! Do you go to any Georgia or GT games?

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Go to most home games. I don't have season tickets anymore because the wife only gets to go to one a month with her job. We have been to all the SEC venues but Tennessee and now A&M and Mizzou. We have been to Fayetteville and LR.

Jdawg
11-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Did you make the Ga Tech game a few years ago when we played?

EngineerDawg
11-14-2013, 11:32 AM
We have season tickets and try to attend every game as we have family still in Starkville. That's makes it very convenient.

FISHDAWG
11-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Did you make the Ga Tech game a few years ago when we played?

yes I did but watched the second half from Taco Mac ..... terrible first half beat down..... stayed for the bitter end @ UGA last time and always make the Auburn game ..... @ bulldogBear - never, unless they are playing State

Jack Lambert
11-14-2013, 11:47 AM
I go to three home games a year and try to make one road. My goal is have carried my son to every stadium by the time he graduates from high school. It will be tough since we only plan some schools every six years or so. I might have to go to some games that State is not involved. I have family in SC, FL, GA and Tenn close to the schools so hotel will not be a cost. College station and Arkansas will be the only two that will cost hotel.

CJDAWG85
11-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Every home game each year.

messageboardsuperhero
11-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Every home game I can get to. The Bama game will be my third this year.

sleepy dawg
11-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I've missed 1 home game in the past 4 years. Been to all the bowl games during that time. I've been to 1 away game during that time (Middle Tennessee State).

Before the current stretch, I watched all games on the tube... about 4 years worth. Before that, I was a student and went to every home game for 3 years.

thedawg
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Most home games... I dont do Alcorn when its 100.. sorry im a bad fan

CadaverDawg
11-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I used to go to way more games. I still make several each year, but not as many as I would like. Between being on call, and my wife having some temporary health issues.....time and money are not as easy to come by these days. I'm hoping within the next few years I will be back to at least attending every home game

War Machine Dawg
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Every home game, plus the Egg Bowl regardless of venue. Haven't missed an Egg Bowl since '99. Like many, I want to make it to all the other SEC schools.

AlSwearengen
11-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I used to be a season ticket holder, but between the fan base, administration, game day funeral procession atmosphere, etc., etc., I have lost interest. I am full bore about baseball, because we have a coach that is bull bore about winning and in baseball, you don't really need to have too many people pulling on the rope to be successful.

There are too many variables with football and basketball. With baseball, if you show a kid you can coach them up and win some games, you can be successful. The other two sports, you have to pay the family, h.s. coach, uncle, etc. and then hope they don't turn on you b/c everything didn't go their way. I am learning to like the nfl more these days.

hailmari
11-14-2013, 12:11 PM
I've only missed two home games in the past five years and have made it to all the bowl games, starting with liberty. I've been to three egg bowls in Oxford. I'd like to visit more campuses, I'm interested in going to Little Rock next week too.

So far, just State, UM, and LSU.

J-Dawg
11-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Season ticket holder, however have only made a couple games this year.

AROB44
11-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Season ticket holder (6 tickets....down from 10) for many more years than I like to remember. Make most of the home games (no away games). Refuse to waste my time and $$$$ going to see us play Alcorn, Jackson St, South Alabama, etc. Bowling Green and teams like them.....yes, but not the others.

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I used to be a perrenial season ticket holder for several years until my Dad's health issues forced him to quit going to games a couple years ago. He passed away last year. I still try to go to as many football, basketball, and baseball games as I can, but so far, that only turns out to be about one each for the last couple years. However, if there is a game broadcast on TV or radio, you can bet that I'm tuned in, and have since I was about 12.. Oh, how I miss Jack Cristil... many fond memories of my youth listening to that guy...
And I'm embarrased that I can't attend more events because I'm only like 40 miles from Starkvegas... but funds are tight...

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Season ticket holder....go to as many road games as I can. I have actually missed a couple of games this year because sometimes life gets in the way. I have followed the dawgs to Eugene, Provo, Stillwater, and many stops in between. I've made all the SEC venues except Missouri (I went to a TAMU game a few years ago when they were still in the Big 12).

Original48
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Haven't missed a home game. I'm only two hours away and can't blame people who live 3+ hours and have to be at the mercy of hotel rates for prioritizing.

hdc
11-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Go to all home games, but refuse to go to egg bowl regardless of where it is played. Was there the year that God blew our winning field goal back and have refused to ever go watch that game again.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I haven't been to a game in almost 2 years now. The end of the season will be 2 years in a row. I'm a Bulldog Club member and a season ticket holder, but I give my tickets to family or sell them to friends/aquaintances. Going to games has fallen way down the priority list. This may be my last year to buy tickets. It's not worth it knowing they'll be going on sale as soon as they arrive. I'll continue my donation though.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Go to all home games, but refuse to go to egg bowl regardless of where it is played. Was there the year that God blew our winning field goal back and have refused to ever go watch that game again.

I don't blame you one bit for that. I hate them so bad I have never been to an Egg Bowl. Never.

MSUDeltadawg1971
11-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I try to make all home games, season ticket holder since 1998!

RiverCityDawg
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I've missed 3 or so home games in the last 15 years. I'll probably start missing more in the coming seasons...Had a kid this year.

Squidawg11
11-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Season ticket holder. I go to every home game.

BrunswickDawg
11-14-2013, 02:20 PM
I had season tickets from 91-98, but when I moved from Atl to South GA I had to give them up. My only solace was that I was not there to see the end of Jackie and the Croom Error...
Have gotten to all of the games at UGA, UF, Peach Bowls, and Gator Bowls since then. Thought about adding USC this year - just as close as Athens - but work and kids interfered.

dawgs
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
being ~2500 miles away, i've only gotten back for the egg bowl or arkansas games the last few years when i was home over thanksgiving. but this year flights are so expensive over the holidays, i'm planning to come back in the spring for SBW instead. went to every home game from like 1989 through 2003 and then again in 2008. otherwise i've been too far away.

been to away games at bama, ole miss, auburn, lsu, florida, tennessee, and vandy. been to the sec cg, the liberty bowl, and the peach bowl.

Where'sWaldo
11-14-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm 24 and make it to every home game but sit in the student section with my girlfriend who still attends state. I live in New Orleans and I can make it Starkville in right at 4 hours. I plan to buy season tickets next year when we make it to Atlanta.**

Percho
11-14-2013, 02:59 PM
All the home games and away every once in a while.

SoJackDog
11-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Love going to Gods Country and enjoying the best tailgaiting in the country. This year I'm good for 3 games. Will definitely buy season tickets next year. I think it will be a good one.

rtdawg
11-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Attend all home games and make 1-2 away games a year. Never attend the ole miss game in oxford...

LeakyD
11-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I go to all home games. Went to Houston for the OSU this year. The last Egg Bowl I missed was 1986. I attended almost every road game between 1998 and 2001 including Provo. I also went to Eugene in 2002.

My wife had a baby a couple of weeks ago and was in the hospital this past week. Therefore, I will miss my first Bama game at home since the early 80's.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Season ticket holder since I graduated (08). We make all home games or miss 1 at most if something comes up (got married on the Troy game weekend this year). Usually try to catch an away game when I can - went to UAB in 2011, Bama last year, Auburn this year. I went to the Egg Bowl in Oxford in 08 and 12. I will not be attending another game in Oxford. Ever.

maroonmania
11-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Have 4 season tickets and make it to most of the home games. Had season tickets all through the 90s but my family situation and terrible teams caused me to stop getting season tickets until starting back in 2010. Definitely starting to lose my enthusiasm with the product at this point.

rcsteph1
11-14-2013, 03:51 PM
yes I did but watched the second half from Taco Mac ..... terrible first half beat down..... stayed for the bitter end @ UGA last time and always make the Auburn game ..... @ bulldogBear - never, unless they are playing State

Taco Mac is a great place!

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Has anybody else here been going to, or following the dawgs since Tyler was the coach?

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
My first game was 1972 vs Ole Miss in Oxford and have been going regularly every since.

17thebearz
11-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I've missed one game this year home and away and that was last weekend

Behrdawg
11-14-2013, 04:45 PM
I've missed one game this year home and away and that was last weekend

Yep- you missed the grove. Later bitch

Bullmutt
11-14-2013, 04:52 PM
I have tried to see a couple of home games most years since the mid-seventies, but I haven't been to one the last couple of years. My last game experience was not pleasant, largely due to the annoying loud jive-ass-shit and commercials that seemed to be playing constantly (we really have way too many non-game related distractions!), but mostly due to aging eyes trying to make out player numbers from the upper deck. The view on a 60' HDTV screen is just so much better, and it's a helluva lot more convenient for mixing a drink or grabbing a beer or glass of wine during commercials.

The only thing growing old beats is the alternative.

On the other hand, I make it a point to see 4-5 home baseball games every year. It's really a more enjoyable experience, even though football is my main interest in sport. It feels more like a college athletic event and less like a circus on steroids!

jimbo352
11-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Since I graduated, I've been to more away games than home games... Most recently I saw us in Houston 2010(cool stadium, fun time, would love to go back). @LSU 2010. first time there, and had a good time. 2011, USCjr @home... Tough game to take... Both games in Houston this year with tons of friends and family... Really wish we could do a regular series with Houston. Great place to watch a game.

Dawgface
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Ive slacked off the last couple of years. In Orange Beach right now. But will be cheering on the bullies at a local sports bar Saturday. Burp......

HereComesTheSpiral
11-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Season ticket holder, this is the first year I have not gone regularly because I really do not get much enjoyment out of it anymore with the circus that goes on inside the stadium. Make to every baseball game that I am able to make it to, just enjoy that more.

The Croom Diaries
11-14-2013, 07:44 PM

You must drive really, really slow. It takes me 4 hrs 15 min

civildawg
11-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Go to every home game. The Kentucky game was my first game to miss in seven years.

Op4isabitch
11-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Have season tickets and have had for 12 years, unfortunately with the job I'm not making all of the home games anymore.
However my tickets are always used by State fans.

BulldogBear
11-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Every home game, plus the Egg Bowl regardless of venue. Haven't missed an Egg Bowl since '99. Like many, I want to make it to all the other SEC schools.

this is why I'm headed to War Memorial for Arky. Soon they won't play there anymore and we happend to be there this year. I consider it an SEC venue and I'd like to see us play in all of them once. Jacksonville will have to be Stateless though. Maybe I can count a gator bowl.

Jacksondevildog
11-15-2013, 07:55 AM
All of the home games. Every year. Went to every road game but Troy and Kentucky last year.

Political Hack
11-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I sneak one in from time to time...

FanninDawg
11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I make all the home games, have for the last 8 years. Having kids and property up there makes it mandatory. The last one graduates this spring and the townhouse goes, so we'll see next year. I will go from 3 tickets to 4 next year though.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I've had season tickets pretty much since getting out of school. I don't end up making every game but try to get my tickets to MSU folks when I can't make it.

dickiedawg
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Congrats to the new dads in this thread. I'm slated to join the club next month, so priorities are about to shift.

I go to all the home games. I will go to road games on occasion and normally make the bowl games (Missed both Gator Bowls because that's just a long freaking way). Same for basketball and weekend baseball, though sometimes I'll skip early season patty cakes if something interferes. My wife loves it almost as much as I do, so it helps that she doesn't schedule things to interfere. We'll see how the baby changes things- probably have to catch some spring basketball games on TV.

DawgsBite34
11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Ive been to every home game since 2003