PDA

View Full Version : The Man in the Arena

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-30-2021, 01:44 PM
The famous Man in the Arena quote attributed to Teddy Roosevelt. I?m trying to take this approach throughout the night and relate it to fandom. Being in the moment IS the story. Having the opportunity IS the story. Watching our dawgs may their nuts on the line IS where the joy is. But I sure wouldn?t mind winning.

Gutter Cobreh
06-30-2021, 01:52 PM
Great perspective!

Regardless of outcome tonight, what a fantastic season it has been!!! This team has allowed my kid and I to experience some life-long memories together (both ups and downs) - and for that, I'm forever grateful!

OLJWales
06-30-2021, 02:13 PM
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt