PDA

View Full Version : The closer the game gets, the more I don't want Dak to risk serious injury...

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
I rewatched the A&M game last night (Im a glutton) and Dak got hammered, and the guy is a warrior but even A&M's defense was hitting him hard.

I really don't Bama to knock the shit out of him for 4 quarters, when we need him healthy for Arkansas and the bears.

If this was a game I thought we could win, even a 10% chance, I would not be feeling like this, but damn I don't want him to get the shIT knocked out of him for 4 quarters.

I can't be alone thinking this.

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
If he is able to go then start him but if he starts to be used as a tackling dummy on a regular basis then get him out. We badly need him for the last two games of the season.

TheRef
11-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed, if he is getting used and abused during the game to the point where it's very likely he will get injured and there is no strain of hope, pull him.

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Agreed, if he is getting used and abused during the game to the point where it's very likely he will get injured and there is no strain of hope, pull him.

Also, anyone else notice the interaction (I guess we can call it that) between Mullen and Russell? Whoa, not good. I can't blame either side to be honest. Mullen wants to win how he knows how, and Russell isn't doing anything wrong, he just isn't a good fit and he knows it.

Anyway, it will be interesting if Russell gets a lot of snaps Saturday;

MSU97
11-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Do we really want dak to play against bama when he might not be 100%? I only ask because I think he has better chance of getting hurt and would rather have him for the last two games.

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2013, 09:53 AM
I rewatched the A&M game last night (Im a glutton) and Dak got hammered, and the guy is a warrior but even A&M's defense was hitting him hard.

I really don't Bama to knock the shit out of him for 4 quarters, when we need him healthy for Arkansas and the bears.

If this was a game I thought we could win, even a 10% chance, I would not be feeling like this, but damn I don't want him to get the shIT knocked out of him for 4 quarters.

This is silliness. If Dak is your QB, he is your QB. He could just as easily get hurt against Arkansas as he could against Bama. He is going to get hit hard no matter who we play.

CJDAWG85
11-14-2013, 10:04 AM
This is silliness. If Dak is your QB, he is your QB. He could just as easily get hurt against Arkansas as he could against Bama. He is going to get hit hard no matter who we play.

This

We have a TON of recruits in town and should have a packed house... Why on earth would essentially throw in the towel and not play our best QB that gives us the best shot at winning? Let the RB's run more and take the majority of the hits if you want take some of the heat off him.

Behrdawg
11-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Im with these two posts. You play your QB.

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2013, 10:20 AM
This

We have a TON of recruits in town and should have a packed house... Why on earth would essentially throw in the towel and not play our best QB that gives us the best shot at winning? Let the RB's run more and take the majority of the hits if you want take some of the heat off him.

Im totally for this. I hope we run the ever living shit out of our RB's. That is fine with me. I just don't want to see Dak be our leader in rushing attempts.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 10:24 AM
agreed- Dakota needs 10 or less carries

slickdawg
11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I was driving back from TAMU and didn't get to see this until now. Up 21 with 3 minutes left, was it really necessary fro Saban to be blitzing Mettenberger so hard? HE could have seriously hurt that kid.

http://youtu.be/F7Mu8XYD4yQ

Coach34
11-14-2013, 10:25 AM
we also need to throw deep 4-5 times and try to take thew top off just just back them up a little

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
I was driving back from TAMU and didn't get to see this until now. Up 21 with 3 minutes left, was it really necessary fro Saban to be blitzing Mettenberger so hard? HE could have seriously hurt that kid.

http://youtu.be/F7Mu8XYD4yQ

He only brought 5 guys - ONCE. That pressure was generated by his front four. Like I said, hand the ball off.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2013, 10:46 AM
We have got tons of recruits coming in, but most of all, players live for playing in games like Saturdays. You can't play scared and in fear of someone getting hurt. They could get injured walking to the bus, or against Troy, just like they can get injured against Bama. You absolutely do not deny your team it's best opportunity at upsetting #1 on your home field on espn in prime time in front of a packed house and a national TV audience. For no reason whatsoever. If Mullen benched Dak just so he wouldn't get hurt for Ark and OM, I would hope that he would be fired before halftime.

As much as I know we aren't winning this game....I do know that it's about more than that to these players. You go out there and you try to kick their ass with your best players, and leave it all on the field. History could be made on Saturday....and you only have so many chances at history in your lifetime. You can't deny anybody that chance that can help you achieve it.

smootness
11-14-2013, 10:47 AM
21 points in 3:30 has happened before. You keep playing.

smootness
11-14-2013, 10:48 AM
If Dak knows he can go, and the team knows he can go, and you sit him, you will lose Dak and the team.

This isn't a video game.

CJDAWG85
11-14-2013, 10:52 AM
JRob and Nick need to have 10-15 carries each... Those 2 will wear down a D

drunkernhelldawg
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
This is close to saying that we are afraid to play the game. Wow.

Jack Lambert
11-14-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't think Alabama hits any harder then any other SEC team. You are going to get poped a bunch in the SEC. Plus I think we need to worry more about Dak getting hurt while dishing out the punishment.

jimbo352
11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
He only brought 5 guys - ONCE. That pressure was generated by his front four. Like I said, hand the ball off.

EXACTLY...

I would blame Miles more than Saban there... After 1st and 2nd, it was clear the OL had laid down and quit... Zach was a sitting duck, and should have been taken out of the game.

I want the Dak to play IF he's healthy, but Mullen better not have him in there in a situation like that(Mettenberger/LSU) taking big shot after big shot... If the Dak gets dinged up playing Bama hard, I can live with that... If he gets hurt for no damn good reason, I'll be pissed... I Might even take the wheel on the fire Mullen train....(not really, but I'd be mad as all hell)

All this talk of sitting our best player is nonsense...

bully99
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Is this what our program has been relegated to.. Fans who want to sit players out of fear. Embarrassing!!! We become the laughing stock in America if this happens. Unbelievable.

drunkernhelldawg
11-14-2013, 11:30 AM
EXACTLY...

I would blame Miles more than Saban there... After 1st and 2nd, it was clear the OL had laid down and quit... Zach was a sitting duck, and should have been taken out of the game.

I want the Dak to play IF he's healthy, but Mullen better not have him in there in a situation like that(Mettenberger/LSU) taking big shot after big shot... If the Dak gets dinged up playing Bama hard, I can live with that... If he gets hurt for no damn good reason, I'll be pissed... I Might even take the wheel on the fire Mullen train....(not really, but I'd be mad as all hell)

Agree on every point.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Is this what our program has been relegated to.. Fans who want to sit players out of fear. Embarrassing!!! We become the laughing stock in America if this happens. Unbelievable.

laughing stock if what happens? Teams sit players out who are banged up every week.

If Dakota can go- he'll play...if he can't- he won't

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2013, 11:51 AM

I guess I just see the Arkansas and egg bowl as the two most important games in Mullen's tenure. If we lose both - he may get fired. If we lose one, that means no bowl and though we may keep him, a significant problem considering how much talent our team has.

I just think it is so damn important to get to 6 wins this year.

maroonmania
11-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't think Alabama hits any harder then any other SEC team. You are going to get poped a bunch in the SEC. Plus I think we need to worry more about Dak getting hurt while dishing out the punishment.

Apparently they do at least based on teams' records the week after playing Bama over the past few years.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I just think it is so damn important to get to 6 wins this year.

Absolutely- we have never gone to 4 straight bowls in the history of the school. Getting 6 wins is paramount for the program

Statecoachingblows**
11-14-2013, 12:04 PM
6 wins is important but so is respect. It'll go further than a shitty bowl game. No guts no glory and Dak has plenty of guts. According to some we might as well not even show up, just let Bama practice at the stadium Saturday no need to risk getting hurt we have a big game against a terrible Arkansas team coming up my god we don't need a coaching change or an AD change we need couple shots of self respect and self esteem! Jesus

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2013, 12:06 PM
They don't hit harder, they just don't miss tackles. They are just very disciplined and dont make many mistakes.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 12:07 PM
6 wins is important but so is respect. It'll go further than a shitty bowl game. No guts no glory and Dak has plenty of guts. According to some we might as well not even show up, just let Bama practice at the stadium Saturday no need to risk getting hurt we have a big game against a terrible Arkansas team coming up my god we don't need a coaching change or an AD change we need couple shots of self respect and self esteem! Jesus

Lighten up Francis...the only reason this is even being discussed is because Dakota got beat up some last week. If he was wasn't beat up- it wouldnt even be an issue

PMDawg
11-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Add to that, he gets two more years to try to beat Alabama, so get him experience. It may be a hard lesson, but he has to learn it eventually. Would be dumb not to play him as you would in any other game.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2013, 12:12 PM
EXACTLY...

Mett was in the game against us all the way till the end. **** LSU.

Statecoachingblows**
11-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Francis!! Hehehe!! He got beat up a little yea but that's how he plays. He's a tough kid that's not gonna slide and run out of bounds. He's got the "guts and heart" we lack in other areas! Is much rather go down swinging. Banged up is different than being injured. Obviously if he can't play then he shouldn't but everything seems to be saving him for the next 2 because he could get hurt and that's PUSSIFICATION if I ever heard it!

Madkinmecrazy
11-14-2013, 03:22 PM

I'm almost with you there. I'd rather have him healthy in winnable games than on the field in an almost certain loss.

And before I get called a defeatist, I'm just being a realist. We will not win this weekend, and we have no real chance to do so.

However, I think that benching a healthy Dak would be the end of the season for the Dawgs. If Mullen shows a little quit now, I just can't see us getting up for the hogs and the bears.

smootness
11-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Madkinmecrazy

Awesome.

smootness
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM

I don't know why, but this made me laugh really hard. In a good way.

I normally think replies like this are over the top, but in this case, I agree and will allow it.

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 03:37 PM
They don't hit harder, they just don't miss tackles. They are just very disciplined and dont make many mistakes.

and are meticulously prepared... I can't understand why we can't be... don't all teams get equal practice time?

I really know the answer.... ***

Dawg61
11-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Dak needs this game. It's his time to shine for himself, his team, and for his momma. I fully expect Dak will be the best QB on the field on Saturday. Feed the Bear deep Mullen and you'll find room for everyone else.

SoJackDog
11-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Seriously, sit him? I'm more of a TR fan but sitting your QB to save him from Bama is peon mentality.

justwin
11-14-2013, 09:32 PM

sigh...our fans are the worst

dawgs
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Well if this isn't a mississippi state thread I don't know what is

Coach 57
11-14-2013, 09:44 PM
I understand why our fans are saying "sit Dak". I really do. Honestly this season comes down to two games. In those two games we need ALL HANDS ON DECK in order for us to be successful. And the ONLY way we beat UM is with Dak! Let me make this clear, if Tyler plays a lot Vs them FOR ANY REASON they will blow us out! I DO think Tyler can beat Arky without Dak. But there is NO way we hang with UM without Dak playing the WHOLE game.

I also understand the other side if this too. This is football, not baseball! Not many times do we play the #1 team in the country at home on ESPN. This game is prime time!