PDA

View Full Version : Coach/Player Bashing

Cowbell
06-29-2021, 09:35 AM
This stuff has got to stop. We will never win a natty because we turn on each other at the first sign of failure. Its all about what did you do for me today. Our team and coaches have overachieved to this point. They could fail from here on out and not one of us on here are on any other social media site has the right to bash them or put them down.

Mods - you need to step up and shut it down. If we want to talk about it in hindsight. But we got players and coaches trying to figure out how to win the next two games because the opposing team was gifted a free pass. Bashing them on here is ridiculous and will do nothing to help us win a natty. Lemonis has shown time and again this season that he is smarter and more in tune than our collective minds. Sometimes players have to nut up and sometimes they just don't. That aint on him. And we don't have the right to bash those players at this point in the road.

Its freakin childish. Pisses me off. Grown men on here. These boys don't even have full scholarships. Its not like they owe us anything.

Jcl
06-29-2021, 09:58 AM
Thank you, sir. Or ma?am. I?ve lurked all season but felt this required a reply for your voicing my exact thoughts. The venom spewed here by people who supposedly love our school and teams is disappointing and often embarrassing.

Lord McBuckethead
06-29-2021, 10:04 AM
This stuff has got to stop. We will never win a natty because we turn on each other at the first sign of failure. Its all about what did you do for me today. Our team and coaches have overachieved to this point. They could fail from here on out and not one of us on here are on any other social media site has the right to bash them or put them down.

Mods - you need to step up and shut it down. If we want to talk about it in hindsight. But we got players and coaches trying to figure out how to win the next two games because the opposing team was gifted a free pass. Bashing them on here is ridiculous and will do nothing to help us win a natty. Lemonis has shown time and again this season that he is smarter and more in tune than our collective minds. Sometimes players have to nut up and sometimes they just don't. That aint on him. And we don't have the right to bash those players at this point in the road.

Its freakin childish. Pisses me off. Grown men on here. These boys don't even have full scholarships. Its not like they owe us anything.

Look, here it is the thing. Every players is OUR player. Mac did not perform well. As fans we can say that. As fans, we go crazy in the game thread. Well shit man, Mac is still a Bulldog. Just say he sucked and move on. No need to run this dude down at every turn. Its a thing that happened. Now its over. On to the next game.

StarkVegasSteve
06-29-2021, 10:09 AM
I think both extremes are ridiculous personally. I don't agree with the over the top bashing and name calling of our players and that needs to stop. But at the same time it can't always be sunshine and rainbows like it's 6u coach pitch where everyone gets a gatorade and an orange slice and everyone tells them how hard they tried. These kids are playing at the highest level of amateur baseball on the biggest stage. They're allowed to be criticized and say they didn't play well. If you can't handle a little criticism, warranted or not, then you don't need to be playing at this level.

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2021, 10:12 AM
Gents, I respect your voice. But we will not make this Gene's Page. Our discussion of games and players and coaches have no impact on the actual game.

msstate7
06-29-2021, 10:15 AM
I think both extremes are ridiculous personally. I don't agree with the over the top bashing and name calling of our players and that needs to stop. But at the same time it can't always be sunshine and rainbows like it's 6u coach pitch where everyone gets a gatorade and an orange slice and everyone tells them how hard they tried. These kids are playing at the highest level of amateur baseball on the biggest stage. They're allowed to be criticized and say they didn't play well. If you can't handle a little criticism, warranted or not, then you don't need to be playing at this level.

Yup. We (me also) certainly went overboard last night in the game thread. If we win tonight though, we'll go overboard with the praise. Fans are gonna be fanatical

StarkVegasSteve
06-29-2021, 10:26 AM
Yup. We (me also) certainly went overboard last night in the game thread. If we win tonight though, we'll go overboard with the praise. Fans are gonna be fanatical

I think we all did. Whether people posted it on message boards or tweeted it, last night was frustrating. We're one of the biggest and most passionate fan bases in all of college baseball and that passion gets a bit overboard sometimes. Lest we forget our good friend Luke Alexander. The first half of 18 we wanted to excommunicate him from the university and the second half we wanted a statue of him next to Clark and Raffy.

KOdawg1
06-29-2021, 10:26 AM
We're two wins away from our first national championship for the second time. This is the 4th time one of our sports teams has played for a national championship in 8 years. Fans are on edge. We're one of three schools in the P5 who has never won one.

I certainly don't advocate for our fans to attack players. But I suggest just staying away from game threads if you can't handle negativity. In the heat of the moment, people say stupid shit. Lord knows, I have plenty of times. But I think we're all just desperate.

If you want sunshine, rainbows and 24/7 moderation (pun intended), Gene's Page is the place for you.

Cowbell
06-29-2021, 10:27 AM
Gents, I respect your voice. But we will not make this Gene's Page. Our discussion of games and players and coaches have no impact on the actual game.

Scooba - you can have a voice and a discussion without titling the thread "Foxhall is trash". We can discuss things, but there comes a point where adults act like children and have to be reigned in.

Zildjan
06-29-2021, 10:57 AM
Not that what I think matters but, I agree. That kid is probably hurting pretty bad right about now. Lay the hell off. If you had played any ball before you?d know what it?s like when you just don?t have it, and to have it leave you like it has him here recently has to be an awful feeling. I feel certain the kid didn?t tank on purpose. And I actually respect a coach that gives a kid a shot to make it right like McCloud got last night. It sucks that it didn?t work in a massive stage but hell man, give the kid a shot.

HoopsDawg
06-29-2021, 11:02 AM
I could be wrong, but I think it's a very small percentage of the fanbase that is upset with MacLeod. I feel for him.

I place the blame on Lemonis and Foxall for not having a better Game 1 plan.

Randolph Dupree
06-29-2021, 11:14 AM
I could be wrong, but I think it's a very small percentage of the fanbase that is upset with MacLeod. I feel for him.

I place the blame on Lemonis and Foxall for not having a better Game 1 plan.

Listened to Out of Left Field this morning and Charlie Winfield noted that prior to the game, during the delay when everyone else was in the clubhouse Mac and Foxhall were in the bullpen working. He didn't say it but I took it as implied that they were still making adjustments; if that's the case Mac should've never started.

Fader21
06-29-2021, 11:19 AM
I really doubt they were making adjustments before game time. They were probably just staying loose and going over scouting reports.

HoopsDawg
06-29-2021, 11:20 AM
Listened to Out of Left Field this morning and Charlie Winfield noted that prior to the game, during the delay when everyone else was in the clubhouse Mac and Foxhall were in the bullpen working. He didn't say it but I took it as implied that they were still making adjustments; if that's the case Mac should've never started.

MacLeod is going to be fine. He is about to be a pro baseball player. But we all know he struggled in the SECT, the Super Regional, and the CWS. We had too many arms to put him in that position. I think Lemonis and Foxall just couldn't get it out of their heads that he was 1 of our "starting pitchers". We could have started Preston Johnson as an opener and gone full bullpen day like we did in the 2nd thru 8th inning. Or we could have gone Cade Smith who had pitched much better than MacLeod the last month of baseball. Maybe he gives us 3-5. Very frustrating that Fox and Lemo put him in that position. What happened last night was totally predictable.

The good news is Leiter is burned. We have the arms for the next 2 games. It's time to move on and win these next 2.

Offshore Dawg
06-29-2021, 11:22 AM
folks, nobody feels worse than Mac right now. Keep that in mind.

Jack Lambert
06-29-2021, 11:30 AM
As a dad I would not want to see my son trashed by a bunch of people on message board. So I stay away from it.

Randolph Dupree
06-29-2021, 11:35 AM
Just want to clarify, I wasn't trashing Mac. If anything, it's on the staff for trotting him out there knowing he didn't have his best stuff.

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2021, 11:36 AM
Scooba - you can have a voice and a discussion without titling the thread "Foxhall is trash". We can discuss things, but there comes a point where adults act like children and have to be reigned in.

I'm sorry. what you just gave as an example isn't that bad.. Do I disagree with Coot? Yep.. and haven't replied to it. He was venting and he's allowed to do that here.
"Reigned in" - by whose set of standards? I'm sorry. He hasn't broken any rules and I'm not gonna turn this place into more constant admin work because someone is offended.

We are all on edge... our team is playing for a national championship.

Hell if I was gonna do anything, Rex would be gone.. that shows my patience. (neg away little mental midget).

somebodyshotmypaw
06-29-2021, 11:41 AM
It got to me several years ago when a regular poster on here dogged Jacob Billingsley (including his character and the way he was raised), all while talking about what a quality human the Oregon State pitcher was (he admitted guilt to felony child molestation). That is when I realized some posters are just unhinged.

Cowbell
06-29-2021, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry. what you just gave as an example isn't that bad.. Do I disagree with Coot? Yep.. and haven't replied to it. He was venting and he's allowed to do that here.
"Reigned in" - by whose set of standards? I'm sorry. He hasn't broken any rules and I'm not gonna turn this place into more constant admin work because someone is offended.

Hell if I was gonna do anything, Rex would be gone.. that shows my patience. (neg away little mental midget).

Understood

Cooterpoot
06-29-2021, 11:46 AM
Look guys, get thicker skin. The coaches mismanaged two of the last three games. Our starting pitching rotation is non-existent. I mean, there are some obvious things. Should I have said "garbage"? No I shouldn't have. I should've said he's done a poor job though. Because he has. I don't give a crap about K's. I care about game results and we've had to piece pitching together since about the MO series. That's the coach's responsibility. Those guys are his guys. He never tried to move away from Mac. Cerantola isn't even on the roster now. Fristoe all of a sudden fell apart.
I will give him credit for piecing it together. That's gone as well as it could almost. But it's reached its limit on the largest stage possible.
If we comeback and win the Natty. I say I'm wrong and leave for good and we're all happy!

R2Dawg
06-29-2021, 11:48 AM

We can and should discuss critical things of the game. Not being able to is why I left Gene's page. It was nothing but sunshine, rainbows and unicorns; however, we must do it respectfully to the team and each other.

Nothing wrong with respectfully giving an opinion but I can't stand bashing players, coaches, etc. Deserved critique is fine. Lemo is a great coach but he is human; same with Mac. We aren't in finals without both of them and actually all of them - even those we don't see much.

HoopsDawg
06-29-2021, 11:48 AM
Look guys, get thicker skin. The coaches mismanaged two of the last three games. Our starting pitching rotation is non-existent. I mean, there are some obvious things. Should I have said "garbage"? No I shouldn't have. I should've said he's done a poor job though. Because he has. I don't give a crap about K's. I care about game results and we've had to piece pitching together since about the MO series. That's the coach's responsibility. Those guys are his guys. He never tried to move away from Mac. Cerantola isn't even on the roster now. Fristoe all of a sudden fell apart.
I will give him credit for piecing it together. That's gone as well as it could almost. But it's reached its limit on the largest stage possible.
If we comeback and win the Natty. I say I'm wrong and leave for good.

wait, if we win a Natty you are leaving for good?

Cooterpoot
06-29-2021, 11:50 AM
wait, if we win a Natty you are leaving for good?

Yep. People want me gone. I'm gone. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong either. Win the natty and I'm done. I go out happy, you guys are happy. I need to time away anyway.

msstate7
06-29-2021, 11:53 AM
Yep. People want me gone. I'm gone. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong either. Win the natty and I'm done. I go out happy, you guys are happy. I need to time away anyway.

When you leave, take Mac and leach with you! I'm kidding

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2021, 12:15 PM

Welcome to stay either way. But no matter what after Wed, the site goes into summer mode anyways with many people stepping away.

Catfish
06-29-2021, 12:26 PM
If we comeback and win the Natty. I say I'm wrong and leave for good and we're all happy!

I'm new to this forum and mostly read posts from y'all. I do find your posts entertaining and usually spot on. This forum wouldn't be the same if you leave. So stick around and keep posting. This is just a forum of opinions anyway.

Cowbell
06-29-2021, 12:30 PM

I don't want you gone. Just show some respect is all.

Cooterpoot
06-29-2021, 12:36 PM
When you leave, take Mac and leach with you! I'm kidding

I don't have a problem with Leach or Mac.

msstate7
06-29-2021, 01:01 PM
I don't have a problem with Leach or Mac.

And no one wants you gone. It was a joke

preachermatt83
06-29-2021, 01:05 PM

I?m thankful for this place and the way that people can speak their minds no matter what. Good or bad.

preachermatt83
06-29-2021, 01:08 PM

Win or lose, you shouldn’t leave. We don’t always agree or get along but the major posters on ED are like a family and even if we disagree and get angry we still like each other being around. You are a good poster.

KOdawg1
06-29-2021, 01:09 PM
I?m thankful for this place and the way that people can speak their minds no matter what. Good or bad.

Amen.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2021, 01:10 PM

Truth.

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2021, 02:57 PM

How is the child?

preachermatt83
06-29-2021, 11:52 PM
How is the child?

He’s doing really well. Thanks for checking.