PDA

View Full Version : Here's the good news

KOdawg1
06-29-2021, 09:19 AM
We likely weren't winning last night anyway.

Even if Mac comes out and has a solid outing, with Leiter on the mound, we were in trouble anyway. Complete BS Leiter pitched yesterday in the first place, but that's another discussion.

So here's where we are. If Vandy pitches their #3 tonight, we have a good shot. He's good but not dominant (yet). If we win tonight, we'll see Rocker tomorrow. Just have to get to that point and see what happens. Our pitching is still in decent shape. Everybody in the bullpen yesterday only pitched 2 innings, so they can pitch if needed. Hootie needs to give us a good outing today. Just make it to tomorrow. Keep surviving. That's what this team has done all year. Don't see why that should change now.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2021, 09:29 AM
This team keeps fighting. This bunch has a lot of grit.

Rex54
06-29-2021, 09:35 AM
All of you that were throwing fits about Bednar possibly going on 4 days rest are fine with Hootie going on 3. I'm not putting our season on him. Why wait until we're down 2 with RISP in the 2nd inning to go to Sims? Just start him and see how far he can go. Hopefully 7 innings with us up 6-2 or something.

Then you ride Bednar as far as you can tomorrow and kitchen sink the back end.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2021, 09:37 AM
All of you that were throwing fits about Bednar possibly going on 4 days rest are fine with Hootie going on 3. I'm not putting our season on him. Why wait until we're down 2 with RISP in the 2nd inning to go to Sims? Just start him and see how far he can go. Hopefully 7 innings with us up 6-2 or something.

Not saying you are wrong but Hootie does have one more day of rest than Sims.

KOdawg1
06-29-2021, 09:38 AM

Show us on the doll where Hootie touched you

FISHDAWG
06-29-2021, 09:43 AM

Even if Mac comes out and has a solid outing, with Leiter on the mound, we were in trouble anyway. Complete BS Leiter pitched yesterday in the first place, but that's another discussion.

So here's where we are. If Vandy pitches their #3 tonight, we have a good shot. He's good but not dominant (yet). If we win tonight, we'll see Rocker tomorrow. Just have to get to that point and see what happens. Our pitching is still in decent shape. Everybody in the bullpen yesterday only pitched 2 innings, so they can pitch if needed. Hootie needs to give us a good outing today. Just make it to tomorrow. Keep surviving. That's what this team has done all year. Don't see why that should change now.

Tell that to Cooterpoot ... also tell him to relax and breathe

SilentSteel16
06-29-2021, 09:44 AM
Show us on the doll where Hootie touched you

LOL. That is great. Can’t give you more rep though. Haha

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 10:02 AM

Agree, and I hear folks (like Rosebowl and others) saying it was known that Leiter wasn't going to pitch Saturday against NC State. To that I say, if that was the case, we would most certainly be playing NC State right now and not Vandy had NC State been allowed to play at full strength.

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 10:06 AM

Sorry, anyone that has watched Mac pitch in the post-season pretty much knew he is currently incapable of beating an elite pitcher on the other side. I was so wishing Lemonis would have gone with Cade Smith over Mac but I knew Lemonis wouldn't do it. Reason being if Cade came out and got roughed up he would have been tarred and feathered for not pitching the guy that had been in the SEC rotation all year. Everyone at this point that paid attention knew that Mac just doesnt have it anymore. He just can't locate his pitches, especially his curve but really not even his fastball.

PMDawg
06-29-2021, 10:13 AM

The Bednar thing is over. I know you won't, because you're like a spoiled 7 year old brat, but you need to let it go. Even though it didn't work out, the coaching staff still made the best, and right, decision. It's like doubling down on 11 when the dealer shows a 6. Even if you lose the hand, you made the right play. Regardless, we lost the hand. All we can do is move on to the next hand. We'll win out, or we won't. Whining, stomping your foot, and saying you were right (when you weren't) doesn't help anything or anyone. Move on.

PMDawg
06-29-2021, 10:16 AM
Sorry, anyone that has watched Mac pitch in the post-season pretty much knew he is currently incapable of beating an elite pitcher on the other side. I was so wishing Lemonis would have gone with Cade Smith over Mac but I knew Lemonis wouldn't do it. Reason being if Cade came out and got roughed up he would have been tarred and feathered for not pitching the guy that had been in the SEC rotation all year. Everyone at this point that paid attention knew that Mac just doesnt have it anymore. He just can't locate his pitches, especially his curve but really not even his fastball.

I agree. Even a bullpen approach would've been better. It's what we ended up doing anyway, but we were down 7-1 when we moved to that strategy instead of being up 1-0. Once all of Mac's runner's crossed the plate, the bullpen did an admirable job (outside of the HR that Patrick gave up - but even then it wouldn't have been a 3 run dagger without Mac). It was a winnable game if MacLeod had just ridden the pine. But, you're right. We were in a no win situation either way once Mac inexplicably decided to forget how to pitch.

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 10:30 AM
I agree. Even a bullpen approach would've been better. It's what we ended up doing anyway, but we were down 7-1 when we moved to that strategy instead of being up 1-0. Once all of Mac's runner's crossed the plate, the bullpen did an admirable job (outside of the HR that Patrick gave up - but even then it wouldn't have been a 3 run dagger without Mac). It was a winnable game if MacLeod had just ridden the pine. But, you're right. We were in a no win situation either way once Mac inexplicably decided to forget how to pitch.

I would have been ok with a bullpen approach but not with Chase Patrick being the first out of the bullpen when us still being in the game was teetering. That was just dumb.

PMDawg
06-29-2021, 12:13 PM
I would have been ok with a bullpen approach but not with Chase Patrick being the first out of the bullpen when us still being in the game was teetering. That was just dumb.

Yep. I agree.

Rex54
06-29-2021, 12:52 PM
100% correct.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2021, 01:53 PM

It was rolling the dice. He is the best option on our staff of getting a double play ball which would have gotten us out of the inning. His slider just didn't have enough break on it.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2021, 02:30 PM
It was rolling the dice. He is the best option on our staff of getting a double play ball which would have gotten us out of the inning. His slider just didn't have enough break on it.

Yeah folks may have forgotten he got us out of the mess with uva Tuesday night with a dp. Funny how we may only remember the bad but forget the good.

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 02:41 PM

He came in with 2 outs and men at 2nd and 3rd. Not sure what a double play has to do with anything.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2021, 03:45 PM
He came in with 2 outs and men at 2nd and 3rd. Not sure what a double play has to do with anything.

For some reason I thought we only had one out. Oh well, the guy was pitching to a RH batter and if his slider breaks like it should we probably get out of it. Sometimes shit happens. Hindsight is 20/20 but who knows if you bring in anyone not named Sims if the guy doesn't still hit it.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2021, 03:49 PM
For some reason I thought we only had one out. Oh well, the guy was pitching to a RH batter and if his slider breaks like it should we probably get out of it. Sometimes shit happens. Hindsight is 20/20 but who knows if you bring in anyone not named Sims if the guy doesn't still hit it.

He had the guy 0-2 and made him look bad on the 2. He hung one, it does happen.