PDA

View Full Version : MacLeod brings back painful memories for this Brave's fan

starkvegasdawg
06-29-2021, 07:23 AM
He reminds me of a couple of past pitchers we had...Rocker and Wohlers. Both had all the arm talent in the world but got messed up between the ears and couldn't locate a pitch to save their lives. It would be 97mph but it might be right down the middle or or may be in the on deck circle.

Extendedcab
06-29-2021, 07:51 AM
I have not idea why he even pitched last nigh! It is obvious he does NOT have IT!

The Federalist Engineer
06-29-2021, 09:28 AM
He reminds me of a couple of past pitchers we had...Rocker and Wohlers. Both had all the arm talent in the world but got messed up between the ears and couldn't locate a pitch to save their lives. It would be 97mph but it might be right down the middle or or may be in the on deck circle.

Not really man...

Rocker had that crazy SI interview that he was too ignorant to avoid. Mac did not do that.

Wohlers became damaged goods (Steve Blass disease) after blowing a World Series game, but Bobby Cox did not keep rolling him out in big games after the crackup was clear. Mac has had no major psych trauma on the baseball diamond for MSU.

Mac needed to become situational or bullpen about a month ago, perhaps the coaches lacked the crescendo moment to trigger the change. Mac did have the great 2020 start that made him look elite, it's tough to let that go (Anchoring Effect). He also had that crisp start vs Alabama and a good 4 innings vs VCU (Recency Effect). The VCU coach did warn us that VCU missed lots of chances to hurt Mac but we took it as arrogant sour grapes rather than a dire warning.

Mac might have an injury? But given he missed all of 2019 and is a 3rd year Freshman, he probably wants to avoid being shelved for another long period of time.

Jay Powell says his current "stuff" is not good right now. It does not break and his curve is more like an elevated off-speed pitch. How come Jay Powell sees this but not Foxy? Jay has been saying it for multiple starts, not just yesterday.