PDA

View Full Version : Head up McCloud!!

cheewgumm
06-28-2021, 11:42 PM
These things build character.

Hang in there kid.

Hambone
06-29-2021, 08:00 AM
Does he still get drafted? Or is he coming back now? He’s done nothing in the last 6 starts that shows any promise

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 08:12 AM
Dude, Dennis Weaver passed away years ago.

StarkVegasSteve
06-29-2021, 08:52 AM
Does he still get drafted? Or is he coming back now? He’s done nothing in the last 6 starts that shows any promise

After watching our bullpen last night, I'm not sure he has a spot in the rotation next year. Cade Smith was absolutely electric and I think he's solidifying his spot in the weekend rotation. Add in Fristoe, Hunt, Tepper, and whatever freshman arms we have coming in and I don't know where you put him. Especially if you add Landon into the starting mix.

calidawg
06-29-2021, 09:07 AM
These things build character.

Hang in there kid.

There is no coming back. If we lose the series it's best for all parties of he goes mlb or transfers. Even if we win really.

StarkVegasSteve
06-29-2021, 10:23 AM
There is no coming back. If we lose the series it's best for all parties of he goes mlb or transfers. Even if we win really.

I don't know if that's necessarily the case. I don't think it matters because I think he's probably gone anyways, but if he decides to come back then he needs to first off get in the lab with someone like Roy Oswalt who can teach him to pitch to contact more effectively and a freaking sports psychologist. He needs one of those in the worst way right now.

maroonmania
06-29-2021, 10:26 AM

One thing to remember is that this is the first time in his career that he has ever pitched this long of a season. Things seemed to fall apart for him starting SEC tourney time. He has only ever pitched in HS and then the COVID shortened 2020 season. Maybe he is just arm weary from the longer season and that is why he has lost all of his control, I don't know.