PDA

View Full Version : I?m encouraged.

basedog
06-28-2021, 09:18 PM
We most likely want win this game but we haven?t quit and that is a big plus.

Vandy ain?t done much to be scared of and they are beatable, of course it?s all about Tuesday. We that and who know because That?s Baseball***

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 09:25 PM
Yes sir I agree. I think me and you are in the minority though.

basedog
06-28-2021, 09:35 PM
Yes sir I agree. I think me and you are in the minority though.

Yes. It amazing me some taking crap about Foxhall! He ain’t perfect but he has done a helluva job. Funny when we win no one complains about him.

And yes MacLead pitched too long. It happens. I’ve coached sports on both levels, it ain’t as easy as ED am chair coaches think it is. Lemonis trust his coaches, I have no probably with this stuff.

Damn I’m done so blast away! Makes me sick seeing us lose but we can win Tuesday.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 09:39 PM
Yes. It amazing me some taking crap about Foxhall! He ain’t perfect but he has done a helluva job. Funny when we win no one complains about him.

And yes MacLead pitched too long. It happens. I’ve coached sports on both levels, it ain’t as easy as ED am chair coaches think it is. Lemonis trust his coaches, I have no probably with this stuff.

Damn I’m done so blast away! Makes me sick seeing us lose but we can win Tuesday.

Yes sir, I agree on all points. I want us to win a natty to, at worst we finish second in the country and this staff got us here.

Catfish
06-28-2021, 09:58 PM
I'm encouraged too. We knew this would be a tough game for us. It's not over, we still have tomorrow.

KOdawg1
06-28-2021, 09:58 PM
Cade pitched great tonight, Base.

If he starts, we have a great chance to win, but hindsight is 20/20. He's gonna be a star.

basedog
06-28-2021, 10:02 PM

If he starts, we have a great chance to win, but hindsight is 20/20. He's gonna be a star.

Well he and Fristoe should be two good pitchers next few years. Btw, I’m gonna refrain talking about Cade in the future. I think I want comment about him or reply on things said. It’s just best for personal reasons.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:06 PM
Well he and Fristoe should be two good pitchers next few years. Btw, I’m gonna refrain talking about Cade in the future. I think I want comment about him or reply on things said. It’s just best for personal reasons.

He's gonna be a good un. I respect you for your decision on that, you're a good man, base.

R2Dawg
06-28-2021, 10:11 PM

Vandy ain?t done much to be scared of and they are beatable, of course it?s all about Tuesday. We that and who know because That?s Baseball***

Well we don't quit, that ain't happening.

Vandy don't scare me either. Half their fear is gone. Depends on the ump with Rocker. He throws a lot of balls that get called strikes. That does bother me.

We can still win. One inning lost this game.

R2Dawg
06-28-2021, 10:12 PM

I liked what I saw from Cade earlier in year.

ImissCityBagel
06-28-2021, 10:13 PM
I just want us to have a little bit more swagger. MSU and LSU are similar programs, but I think LSU has a better mental game than MSU. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a better mental game than 95 percent of teams, but in championships, it looks like we play not to lose instead of play to win. Also, I'm drunk and upset.

MetEdDawg
06-28-2021, 10:13 PM

Cade Smith, Brandon Smith, Fristoe, and KC Hunt dominated Vandy. That's my take away. The game was 1-1 from the 2nd inning on. We aren't done by a long shot.

Start Hootie tomorrow and throw damn strikes. Hootie for 3-4, Preston, Stinnett, Sims. Win the game.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:16 PM
Cade Smith, Brandon Smith, Fristoe, and KC Hunt dominated Vandy. That's my take away. The game was 1-1 from the 2nd inning on. We aren't done by a long shot.

Start Hootie tomorrow and throw damn strikes. Hootie for 3-4, Preston, Stinnett, Sims. Win the game.

The only reason we've lost this week is walks. Simple formula don't walk people we win, easier said than done sometimes though.

basedog
06-28-2021, 10:17 PM
Vandy had 5 hits but only 2 hits after first.
We saw Vandy’s Ace tonight. It’s gonna come down to hitting. We just have been awful in CWS. But so has Vandy.

basedog
06-28-2021, 10:19 PM
The only reason we've lost this week is walks. Simple formula don't walk people we win, easier said than done sometimes though.

Yes, +1.

Btw 4 of last 5 loser of first game have won CWS.

MetEdDawg
06-28-2021, 10:20 PM

Honestly at this level it's really not. Walks are a mental game with players.

You have to train kids that they have to be ok with contact and to trust their stuff. It's why I talked all the time to my high school pitchers. Can't have walks. It's mental and to me that's the issue with Mac.

He's lost the ability to mentally trust his stuff against hitters. He's thrown pitches for a decade at a high level. He's got the stuff. But right now mentally he doesn't trust himself to get batters out. That's why you see so many long at bats and walks with him.

Until he gets that back, he will never be able to be successful. And it can be very hard to get that back.

R2Dawg
06-28-2021, 10:20 PM
Vandy had 5 hits but only 2 hits after first.
We saw Vandy’s Ace tonight. It’s gonna come down to hitting. We just have been awful in CWS. But so has Vandy.

Yep, we had same number of hits as they did. Walks cost us game.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:22 PM

You have to train kids that they have to be ok with contact and to trust their stuff. It's why I talked all the time to my high school pitchers. Can't have walks. It's mental and to me that's the issue with Mac.

He's lost the ability to mentally trust his stuff against hitters. He's thrown pitches for a decade at a high level. He's got the stuff. But right now mentally he doesn't trust himself to get batters out. That's why you see so many long at bats and walks with him.

Until he gets that back, he will never be able to be successful. And it can be very hard to get that back.

No the runs we've given up this week have come from walks, pretty simple.

MetEdDawg
06-28-2021, 10:24 PM
No the runs we've given up this week have come from walks, pretty simple.

No I agree. I was really responding when you said easier said than done on the walks. It's really easy not to walk people.

But a guy like MacLeod has mentally lost the ability to trust himself enough to pitch to guys and get them out.

Commercecomet24

Delete

Commercecomet24
No I agree. I was really responding when you said easier said than done on the walks. It's really easy not to walk people.

But a guy like MacLeod has mentally lost the ability to trust himself enough to pitch to guys and get them out.

My bad. Sorry about that. I agree with you on Mac too. He's got the yips.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:28 PM

I was talking with my sons tonight about Mac. He looks scared to death to even throw a pitch and he's lost all confidence in his stuff and could actually be done if he doesn't find some way to get that mentality back again. I've seen it happen before and guy never gets it back.

basedog
06-28-2021, 10:30 PM
My bad. Sorry about that. I agree with you on Mac too. He's got the yips.

Well I wish MacLead the best. Yes his confidence is shot. Only way for him to find himself is to work his ass off this summer and fall. It may not happen. I have no idea bout his future.

MetEdDawg
06-28-2021, 10:30 PM
I was talking with my sons tonight about Mac. He looks scared to death to even throw a pitch and he's lost all confidence in his stuff and could actually be done if he doesn't find some way to get that mentality back again. I've seen it happen before and guy never gets it back.

Yeah this is about as bad as I can remember seeing someone go. His FB velocity isn't what it was 2 years ago. Curveball is pretty good still. Changeup is too.

He's got it bad and he's going to need to take some time to get himself right. He's got potential. But he's got a lot of mental work to do to correct it if he ever wants to pitch meaningful baseball again.

Jack Lambert
06-28-2021, 10:33 PM
I still can't get over the fact we had to face that guy. We could have scored 8+ on the pin. He should not have been pitching tonight. If Vandy had to play Saturday we would have won tonight and tomorrow. I really hate vady and their prick coach. He should be more humble over the scholarship advantage and admit it. I wish the SEC and NCAA announcers would call them out on it. Let people who don't know, know and shut their 1000's fan's shut the hell up.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:33 PM
Well I wish MacLead the best. Yes his confidence is shot. Only way for him to find himself is to work his ass off this summer and fall. It may not happen. I have no idea bout his future.

I do too! Man i feel bad for the kid. You know he's worked his tail off and I hope he finds it again. As a parent and a coach it tears your heart when you know the kids giving you everything and sometimes it just don't happen

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:37 PM
Yeah this is about as bad as I can remember seeing someone go. His FB velocity isn't what it was 2 years ago. Curveball is pretty good still. Changeup is too.

He's got it bad and he's going to need to take some time to get himself right. He's got potential. But he's got a lot of mental work to do to correct it if he ever wants to pitch meaningful baseball again.

Dead on. Reminds me of Steve Blass years ago back in the 70s. Very good pitcher pitched great in helping pirates win a World Series, won 2 games in that series and then the next year couldn't get anybody out or throw strikes and he was out of baseball at the age of 29 and became a broadcaster. Like I said pitchers are weird creatures.

basedog
06-28-2021, 10:40 PM
Dead on. Reminds me of Steve Blass years ago back in the 70s. Very good pitcher pitched great in helping pirates win a World Series, won 2 games in that series and then the next year couldn't get anybody or throw strikes and he was out of baseball at the age of 29 and became a broadcaster. Like I said pitchers are weird creatures.

I remember that! Yes pitchers are a pitch, inning or game from every pitching again.

Todd4State
06-28-2021, 10:44 PM
I think some of the problem with MacLeoud and some of the older pitchers on this staff is I don't think their style necessarily fits with Foxhall's style all that well. Foxhall wants our guys to pitch up in the zone. It's hard to live like that if you are a guy throwing 88-92 with a big curveball. Now Foxhall's style works well with a guy like Sims because he has that upper 90's velocity. And I think that goes back to guys being recruited by different pitching coaches who had different philosophies like Henderson and we probably have a couple of guys like Self and Price that were even recruited by Butch Thompson even I think.

I'm not criticizing or complaining. But I think it explains why we have a ton of K's but it also explains why we give up a ton of home runs with this staff and why some guys like MacLeoud are struggling. Remember when Butch was our pitching coach and his first two staffs were horrible? Once he got his guys in that fit what he wanted we got a lot better. But before that I remember a lot of MSU fans questioning him and wanting Cohen to fire him. Which would have been a huge mistake.

Todd4State
06-28-2021, 10:45 PM
Also- for another example look at how our freshmen and younger guys performed compared to the older ones. They all did pretty well and much better and I think part of that is again because they fit what Foxhall wants to do better.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 10:46 PM
I remember that! Yes pitchers are a pitch, inning or game from every pitching again.

Yes they are. I had a good arm as youngster upper 80s but I had no desire to get on the mound, loved playing ss. And like you said a pitcher can be done in one pitch and that just didn't interest me.

shoeless joe
06-28-2021, 10:49 PM
I still can't get over the fact we had to face that guy. We could have scored 8+ on the pin. He should not have been pitching tonight. If Vandy had to play Saturday we would have won tonight and tomorrow. I really hate vady and their prick coach. He should be more humble over the scholarship advantage and admit it. I wish the SEC and NCAA announcers would call them out on it. Let people who don't know, know and shut their 1000's fan's shut the hell up.

Tonite was the game that the ncaa spotted vandy. The unearned advantage is absolutely ridiculous and is most likely going to decide the championship. Lemonis hinted at it in his presser it needs to be hammered home. If we win this it will be a gigantic upset based on that fact alone. And it’s not right because our guys earned their spot.

Jack Lambert
06-28-2021, 11:00 PM
Tonite was the game that the ncaa spotted vandy. The unearned advantage is absolutely ridiculous and is most likely going to decide the championship. Lemonis hinted at it in his presser it needs to be hammered home. If we win this it will be a gigantic upset based on that fact alone. And it?s not right because our guys earned their spot.

I suspect it wasn't just the 20K State fans booing.

Jack Lambert
06-28-2021, 11:04 PM
Maybe just maybe the Covid bug will hit Vandy. After all they were on the field twice with NC State.

BulldogBear
06-28-2021, 11:30 PM

You can see it in his face. I tried to tell myself it was my imagination. He has digressed a little more each game. It's a pity.

Todd4State
06-29-2021, 12:08 AM
Tonite was the game that the ncaa spotted vandy. The unearned advantage is absolutely ridiculous and is most likely going to decide the championship. Lemonis hinted at it in his presser it needs to be hammered home. If we win this it will be a gigantic upset based on that fact alone. And it’s not right because our guys earned their spot.

Well, at least we used our pitcher who is struggling the most right now then.