PDA

View Full Version : Pitching rotation (revisited... again)

Maroonthirteen
06-28-2021, 11:09 AM
So... Bo is talking about Rocker not going until Wednesday? Then Bednar may or may not pitch Wednesday?

That's crazy. Rocker throws Tuesday, right?

Then I'm sure we go Hootie and Bednar(if needed)

Right? This is for the Natty.

Dawgology
06-28-2021, 11:16 AM
If state wins today then Vandy will throw Rocker tomorrow. If State loses today then Vandy will throw their 3rd and 4th guy tomorrow.

Rex54
06-28-2021, 01:56 PM
If state wins today then Vandy will throw Rocker tomorrow. If State loses today then Vandy will throw their 3rd and 4th guy tomorrow.
Most likely. We really needed those assholes to use Leiter on Saturday

SilentSteel16
06-28-2021, 02:03 PM
Yes, Leiter should have been burned in order to make it to the finals, BUT as we all know they didn’t.

Game 1 will be Leiter
Game 2 if they win game one will be that freshman
WHEN they lose game one tonight they will throw Rocker tomorrow

We will have everyone available starting tomorrow but in a very limited span. Yes that means Bednar but don’t expect more than an inning on Tuesday at the earliest. Might get 3-4 on Wednesday out of him

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 02:04 PM
Yes, Leiter should have been burned in order to make it to the finals, BUT as we all know they didn’t.

Game 1 will be Leiter
Game 2 if they win game one will be that freshman
WHEN they lose game one tonight they will throw Rocker tomorrow

We will have everyone available starting tomorrow but in a very limited span. Yes that means Bednar but don’t expect more than an inning on Tuesday at the earliest. Might get 3-4 on Wednesday out of him

I believe this is the correct scenario.

smootness
06-28-2021, 02:06 PM
It shouldn't matter who wins game 1; if they're smart, they'll hold off on Rocker until Wednesday either way. Even if Game 2, becomes must win, they would have to win games 2 AND 3, so it makes sense to have Rocker go on as much rest as possible when he goes.

SilentSteel16
06-28-2021, 02:09 PM
The key to this series is Mac tonight. If he can give us a quality start meaning 6 innings or better, regardless of outcome we will be in decent shape. You play to win game 1 meaning if you need Sims for 3-4 innings you do it.

I feel if we make them burn Rocker tomorrow not on full rest we will win. Our pen is better in all regards. Their offense is actually worse than ours.

Hot Rock
06-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Christian MacLeod getting a quality start tonight, will change a lot of things.

Of course, scoring runs does that as well. HAIL STATE!!!

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 02:20 PM
The key to this series is Mac tonight. If he can give us a quality start meaning 6 innings or better, regardless of outcome we will be in decent shape. You play to win game 1 meaning if you need Sims for 3-4 innings you do it.

I feel if we make them burn Rocker tomorrow not on full rest we will win. Our pen is better in all regards. Their offense is actually worse than ours.

Completely agree. I believe Mac is gonna give us what we need tonight. All year long but especially in the post season, when a player has needed to answer the bell for us and give us what we need at that particula moment, they've done it. To many examples to recount. This is truly a TEAM. The sum is greater than the parts and that's what it takes to win championships. No reason to believe that won't happen tonight.

msstate7
06-28-2021, 02:22 PM
Christian MacLeod getting a quality start tonight, will change a lot of things.

Of course, scoring runs does that as well. HAIL STATE!!!

Just hope he can go thru lineup twice with 2 runs or less. That's a reasonable goal imo

Cowbell
06-28-2021, 02:56 PM
Let's say the third gets shaky because that has been Macs trouble inning. Who do you call on (assuming game is tight). I go PJ or Cade

Apoplectic
06-28-2021, 02:57 PM
These scenarios are bad for the game. They have to add 3rd weekend. Start the championship series on Friday night so that normal rotation

msstate7
06-28-2021, 03:00 PM
These scenarios are bad for the game. They have to add 3rd weekend. Start the championship series on Friday night so that normal rotation

I like this, but I also like that it tests a team's depth not just top talent. It's just totally unfair to us that vandy only had to win 2 when we had to win 3

StarkVegasSteve
06-28-2021, 03:17 PM

So in your scenario, you'd cut out the midweek games and just play the weekends? Not necessarily knocking it, but it would hurt attendance big time.

SilentSteel16
06-28-2021, 04:05 PM
By adding that extra weekend in there for championship though I am sure you would have more ticket sales. Friday -Sunday National title games with both teams fully rested I think would sell itself.

Of course you play the tournament and have to use your depth to get there but I believe giving the 2 finalist teams a chance to completely square up along with ticket availability on weekends it would be a better product. Could be a biased opinion though. Ha

SilentSteel16
06-28-2021, 04:06 PM
Just imagine fully rested Bednar vs fully rested rocker game 1 on Friday night…. It would be must see tv and the hottest ticket in town. I definitely believe the format should do that. Tourney as it is until finals then 5 days later 3 game set for NC

HoopsDawg
06-28-2021, 04:12 PM
Just hope he can go thru lineup twice with 2 runs or less. That's a reasonable goal imo

I would take that right now.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 04:20 PM
Just imagine fully rested Bednar vs fully rested rocker game 1 on Friday night…. It would be must see tv and the hottest ticket in town. I definitely believe the format should do that. Tourney as it is until finals then 5 days later 3 game set for NC

Yes now that would be awesome!