PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your predictions....

CadaverDawg
06-27-2021, 11:37 PM
Who wins Game 1?

Score?

Who wins the National Championship, and in how many games?

HailState

https://i.imgflip.com/5er7w0.jpg

ZedFedder
06-27-2021, 11:43 PM
I just don’t trust MacLeod at all. Maybe he can surprise me with an LSU type start from earlier in the year. I think we get a few runs on Leiter but not enough. Score of game 1: 7-3 Vandy.

We get Game 2 by our scoring their 3rd guy. Vandy’s offense hasn’t been good. 9-6 MSU.

Game 3: Rocker is so good in big games. It will be tough. I think we piece it together with Harding, Bednar, and maybe Sims if available. Still, it isn’t quite enough against Rocker. I go Vandy 4-1.

Hambone
06-27-2021, 11:43 PM
State uses a Sims save to take game one.

5-3

State sweeps

parabrave
06-27-2021, 11:58 PM
3-1 assholes/

preachermatt83
06-28-2021, 12:20 AM
Vandy wins game one, 8-1

Vandy wins game two, 7-3

SilentSteel16
06-28-2021, 12:26 AM
State steals game 1 by score of 3-2 late inning heroics by Scotty Dabrule
State wins games 2 by score of 9-7

Hail State

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 12:53 AM
We win game 1 and 2 with late inning clutch hits and rally's. Cumbest, Tanner and Rowdey are hitting stars and Logan Tanner comes up with a big hit. Mac pitches 6 strong and sims closes game 1. Johnny Wholestaff does the job Tuesday and more clutch hits and late rally. Sims pitches 9th and we all celebrate. Kellum Clark has big hit Monday or Tuesday as well.

TNDawg35
06-28-2021, 12:55 AM
If we win game 1, we win it all…

State is America’s team right now. The only people not rooting for State is Vandy and Ole Miss fans…

Also, you may as well get ready, Ole Miss narrative will be well y’all didn’t have to play the best team in America if we win. They will downgrade the shot out of this title if we win it all… That’s when you look at them and tell them the same thing that’s our modo at work, “**** it”…

SteelCurtain74
06-28-2021, 06:19 AM
I'll stick with the same prediction as I had for the Supers. State in 3 just because we can't ever make anything easy. I think we win tonight. A point that I heard which makes some sense is that the extended layoff for Vanderbilt may actually hurt their timing offensively. Hitting in batting practice or in simulated games is not the same as playing every day or every other day. I hope that is the case at least for tonight. I also think our crowd will have an impact especially if the game is close.

MetEdDawg
06-28-2021, 06:19 AM
I think we lose 7-2. But man do I hope I'm wrong. We touched up Leiter earlier in the year so maybe we have more confidence in that matchup than I'm giving us credit for.

I think we lose game 1, win game 2, then it's a nail biter in game 3 that I can't possibly predict without knowing who's available for both sides.

Sienfield
06-28-2021, 06:23 AM
Sweep by Vandy. Games will not be close. Hope I'm wrong.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2021, 07:41 AM
Sweep by Vandy. Games will not be close. Hope I'm wrong.

Injun's are happy with this

sleepy dawg
06-28-2021, 07:52 AM
Vandy wins game 1 5-3
State wins game 2 6-5
Vandy wins game 3 4-3

PMDawg
06-28-2021, 08:03 AM
I refuse to put that juju on our team. However, I'll say this. EVERYONE has contributed at some point this postseason. Mac squashed VCU, PJ and Patrick have shut down opponents (Notre Dame for example), obviously Sims, Rowdy, Allen, LoTan and Bednar have contributed. James and Cumbest have had huge cluth hits, but Hatcher and Forsythe have also delivered timely hits. Debrule, Clark, and Leggett have had heroics. Skinner stole a base and scored the clinching run. Hancock found a way to put the ball in play and he plated a couple of runs by reaching on errors. If anyone's due, it's him, but everyone has played a part so far. Let's keep an eye on him tonight, and consider it a good sign if he delivers a big moment.

Maroonthirteen
06-28-2021, 08:21 AM
I'd pawn the title to my house trailer and sell all the under pinning to have the same result tonight as April 24,2021.

I think we can hit Leiter. Will we....?? Who knows.

State in 3.

State wins tonight. 7-6

Rocker gets a huge strike zone. 2-6.

State wins it all on the back of Bednar. 5-2.

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-28-2021, 08:31 AM
I refuse to be pessimistic! Enjoying the moment?.dawgs in 3

chef dixon
06-28-2021, 08:35 AM
2 back to back ass beatings of the Vandy Boyz

StarkVegasSteve
06-28-2021, 08:40 AM
If we win game 1, we win it all…

State is America’s team right now. The only people not rooting for State is Vandy and Ole Miss fans…

Also, you may as well get ready, Ole Miss narrative will be well y’all didn’t have to play the best team in America if we win. They will downgrade the shot out of this title if we win it all… That’s when you look at them and tell them the same thing that’s our modo at work, “**** it”…

And when they do that we'll just point to our national championship banner and say we earned it on the field. Not like their football "national championships"

shoeless joe
06-28-2021, 09:30 AM
My only prediction is that if we win tonite we lose tomorrow nite forcing ourselves to face rocker. Wouldn’t be Mississippi state without taking the hard way.

maroonmania
06-28-2021, 09:47 AM
State uses a Sims save to take game one.

5-3

State sweeps

Turns out its a good thing we used him sparingly during the season because in postseason he has been pitched ragged. He pitched in the 6-5 Campbell game, the 9-8 ND game, the 11-7 ND game, the 2-1 TX game, the 6-5 VA game, and the 4-3 TX game and for multiple innings in pretty much all of those. I hope he still has some gas left in the tank.

Quaoarsking
06-28-2021, 10:19 AM
We beat Leiter tonight and the Rocker vs. Bednar showdown never happens since we also beat them tomorrow night.

chef dixon
06-28-2021, 11:04 AM
We beat Leiter tonight and the Rocker vs. Bednar showdown never happens since we also beat them tomorrow night.

If we win tonight Rocker is 1000% going tomorrow

msstate7
06-28-2021, 11:11 AM

I'm with you.

Even if vandy did win, we won't know it bc these guys below woulda made right what once went wrong bc vandy shouldn't even be here...

https://i.postimg.cc/RVV5T1vf/3-FC98-DAF-1-CBD-49-CF-99-DB-C1-B339466021.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Yeah, I feel old haha

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2021, 11:32 AM
Rowdey starts us off by taking Leiter yard and we never look back.

State in 2

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 11:34 AM
I don't see us winning it all. I think we lose tonight and winning tonight is the only way we win it all. I mean, Hootie tomorrow doesn't excite me. Neither would Fristoe. Bednar on 3 days in game 3 isn't lasting long.
We need the baseball gods to get us through this. I've been asking them for help. I've built a shrine in my living room. A rusty bell, a Natty Light, a pair of dirty baseball pants I've cut off to Tanner Allen size, and a Mark Grace autographed baseball and autographed picture of Ben Zobrists ex-wife.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 11:46 AM
I don't see us winning it all. I think we lose tonight and winning tonight is the only way we win it all. I mean, Hootie tomorrow doesn't excite me. Neither would Fristoe. Bednar on 3 days in game 3 isn't lasting long.
We need the baseball gods to get us through this. I've been asking them for help. I've built a shrine in my living room. A rusty bell, a Natty Light, a pair of dirty baseball pants I've cut off to Tanner Allen size, and a Mark Grace autographed baseball and autographed picture of Ben Zobrists ex-wife.

You used an ex-cubs autographed baseball? That's the kiss of death lol!

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2021, 11:56 AM

He also should have gone with Kris Benson's ex-wife - if you are gonna go with crazy, go all in.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 12:00 PM
He also should have gone with Kris Benson's ex-wife - if you are gonna go with crazy, go all in.

Yep might as well! lol

basedog
06-28-2021, 12:04 PM
I have not a clue, seems Vandy is pissed at the press giving them with a "gifted win" and Msu is pretty "giddy" to be playing. So is it better going in with the "world hates Vandy" or Msu "earned" their spot?

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 12:16 PM

Mark Grace is the original Slumpbuster guy. Got to help!

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 12:18 PM

Zobrist's wife was banging his preacher and marriage counselor, who was stealing from his charity. Burn the pic right before the game. Strong offering!

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2021, 12:24 PM
Zobrist's wife was banging his preacher and marriage counselor.

Ana Benson banged half of the Orioles behind Kris' back - then locked him in the basement and threatened to kill him when he filed for divorce. This was after she was the suspect in a murder case that was featured on America's Most Wanted tv show.

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 12:25 PM
Ana Benson banged half of the Orioles behind Kris' back - then locked him in the basement and threatened to kill him when he filed for divorce. This was after she was the suspect in a murder case that was featured on America's Most Wanted tv show.

Yeah, but this chic was banging a man of God and cost Zobrist the rest of his career. Burn that thing and good things will happen!

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 12:30 PM

Then I'm all for it, do what you gotta do!

shoeless joe
06-28-2021, 12:34 PM

That’s who you need a pic of!!!

R2Dawg
06-28-2021, 12:55 PM
I'd pawn the title to my house trailer and sell all the under pinning to have the same result tonight as April 24,2021.

I think we can hit Leiter. Will we....?? Who knows.

State in 3.

State wins tonight. 7-6

Rocker gets a huge strike zone. 2-6.

State wins it all on the back of Bednar. 5-2.

Not sure the scores but I see State in 3 like you laid out. Mac delivers tonight and has his moment. Rocker gets us and then Bednar and Sims shut it down for typical MSU NC win.

Cowbell
06-28-2021, 02:48 PM

Man this just made my day

BrunswickDawg
06-28-2021, 02:50 PM
Yeah, but this chic was banging a man of God and cost Zobrist the rest of his career. Burn that thing and good things will happen!

I guess we all have our own ideas about what type of crazy is the one to stay away from LOL

Cowbell
06-28-2021, 02:51 PM
Somebody is gonna have to step up and I mean big time. Maybe Mac. Maybe Cade Smith. Very possibly Fristoe in a relief role.
I also think we have to rattle Leiter early and make him miss the strike zone.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2021, 03:13 PM
I predict that we all get our hopes up and are out of it by the 3rd inning tonight. Lose game 1, 8-1.

We all give up and our boys deliver a miracle win in game 2, 5-4.

We all get pumped once again only to see Rocker shove Wednesday night and remind us we are MSU. 5-0

The only hope we have is if our bats awaken and much like the legend of Big Hit Mac, we must have the legend of Big Pitch Mac be born tonight. I really hope we flip the script on history, and step up on the biggest stage. We need it, America needs it, Hail State

DownwardDawg
06-28-2021, 03:59 PM
State wins in 2 games.

Catfish
06-28-2021, 04:12 PM
Everything comes down to tonight. We win tonight we will have our first championship. Hail State!

Cowbell
06-28-2021, 04:18 PM
I predict at some point during the game half of this thread will be cussing lemonis. Let's just hope they have to come back and eat crow later.

Lord McBuckethead
06-28-2021, 04:57 PM
My only prediction is that if we win tonite we lose tomorrow nite forcing ourselves to face rocker. Wouldn?t be Mississippi state without taking the hard way.

When we win tonight, we are facing Rocker tomorrow.

Lord McBuckethead
06-28-2021, 04:58 PM
State wins in 2 games.

Agreed. We took a poll in the office today. It is easiest if we win the first 2.

Liverpooldawg
06-28-2021, 04:59 PM
Vandy in two. I just don't think our pitching is going to be rested enough.

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Burnt the picture. Got a weather "delay".

lastmajordog
06-28-2021, 06:18 PM
I?m not a baseball guru......but I did see some great baseball from the power box left/center field long before it was cool.......I believe IF the ?DOGS? can win one of the first two....the trophy will come home......GO DOGS

Dawgology
06-28-2021, 06:19 PM
State goes 3-0 in the series. We play the third game just to beat them for NC State.

Catfish
06-28-2021, 06:20 PM
State goes 3-0 in the series. We play the third game just to beat them for NC State.

This

Dawg_Lover
06-28-2021, 06:39 PM
State takes Game 1, 4-2
State takes Game 2, 6-3

Cooterpoot
06-28-2021, 06:50 PM
Im going to watch without anything on but my State cap from the 1980 win over Bama.
These Old Fashions are piling up in this delay.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2021, 10:03 PM
I predict that we all get our hopes up and are out of it by the 3rd inning tonight. Lose game 1, 8-1.

We all give up and our boys deliver a miracle win in game 2, 5-4.

We all get pumped once again only to see Rocker shove Wednesday night and remind us we are MSU. 5-0

The only hope we have is if our bats awaken and much like the legend of Big Hit Mac, we must have the legend of Big Pitch Mac be born tonight. I really hope we flip the script on history, and step up on the biggest stage. We need it, America needs it, Hail State

Well, I guess I can't be too pissed