PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody watch the Vandy press conference?

CadaverDawg
06-27-2021, 02:57 PM
What a bunch of pricks. They are already extremely unlikeable, and they didn't gain any fans with that press conference. Corbin and Rocker with their short, arrogant, asshole responses were despicable

shoeless joe
06-27-2021, 03:00 PM
They are in familiar territory. Being gifted an unfair advantage that they didn’t earn. It’s nothing new so why should it phase them?

CadaverDawg
06-27-2021, 03:03 PM
I kinda got the feeling Corbin is taking an us against the world approach, bc their players acted like they were talking to enemies in the press. Short answers, ugly looks, disrespectful attitudes....it definitely was not a good look

BayouDawg
06-27-2021, 03:07 PM
Its just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised if its true. Corbin was pushing hard for the NC state players to be tested. I wouldnt put it past him to sniff out any kind of technicality he could to gain an advantage.

SteelCurtain74
06-27-2021, 03:08 PM
My disdain for him grew 10 fold after the press conference. It reminded me a lot of Belichick.

OLJWales
06-27-2021, 03:19 PM
We should stay aware of Vandy and never trust them. They are cheaters.

Cowbell
06-27-2021, 03:40 PM
Don't forget that we will also be fighting umps on Monday night. It never fails with that bunch.

HaggardDawg
06-27-2021, 04:07 PM
Listening to Corbin you would think they had to bring in grievance counselors to console the Vandy players about the NC state situation.

Cooterpoot
06-27-2021, 04:09 PM
I didn't see anything wrong with it. Bored me.

Rex54
06-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Corbin is a colossal piece of shit. He is who he is entirely because of a loophole. That weird looking goblin couldn't do half of what he does with 11.7

R2Dawg
06-27-2021, 05:39 PM
What a bunch of pricks. They are already extremely unlikeable, and they didn't gain any fans with that press conference. Corbin and Rocker with their short, arrogant, asshole responses were despicable

Yeah that press conference was as bad as I've ever seen. Such arrogance - starts with their coach, Rocker was just rude too.

Dawg_Lover
06-27-2021, 05:44 PM
Its just a rumor but I wouldnt be surprised if its true. Corbin was pushing hard for the NC state players to be tested. I wouldnt put it past him to sniff out any kind of technicality he could to gain an advantage.

Makes me think of a couple of karma memes I?ve read ....

~People who create their own drama, deserve their own karma. ~

~Karma will make sure you get what you gave.~

And, one of my favorites ....

~ Revenge? Me? Nah ... I am too lazy. I?ll just sit back & watch karma take care of it.~

Kingbarkus
06-27-2021, 06:21 PM
Why not one question to Corbin if anyone from the Vandy staff requested NC State players be tested?

dawgoneyall
06-27-2021, 06:27 PM
They are not likable....

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 06:48 PM

They're elitist snobs and arrogant as heck. Screw em!

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 06:49 PM
Corbin is a colossal piece of shit. He is who he is entirely because of a loophole. That weird looking goblin couldn't do half of what he does with 11.7

Rex I don't agree with you on a lot but you nailed this! Rep!

starkvegasdawg
06-27-2021, 06:54 PM
Don't forget that we will also be fighting umps on Monday night. It never fails with that bunch.

Maybe not this time. They're human, too, and probably pissed about Vandy backdooring their way to the title shot. They've also heard all the rumors. Wondering out loud if just maybe that shrinks that zone for them just a little.

msstate7
06-27-2021, 06:58 PM
Maybe not this time. They're human, too, and probably pissed about Vandy backdooring their way to the title shot. They've also heard all the rumors. Wondering out loud if just maybe that shrinks that zone for them just a little.

I don't buy into umps being biased or given marching orders; I think they're generally just bad. If umps are given marching orders though, I think it would be much better for the ncaa if we won... much less negative press

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 06:58 PM

Yeah Vandy probably don't have a lot of people on their side right now other than slive

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 07:00 PM
I don't buy into umps being biased or given marching orders; I think they're generally just bad. If umps are given marching orders though, I think it would be much better for the ncaa if we won... much less negative press

Yeah I think they just suck for the most part too.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-27-2021, 07:07 PM
Was Tim Corbin Mike Judge's muse whenever he came up with Beavis? Guy has an 8 head.

chef dixon
06-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Corbin was Corbin. Kumar was awful. These guys act like it's the end of the world to answer some simple questions lol

Leroy Jenkins
06-27-2021, 08:35 PM
https://findingfaeries.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/legendblix6.jpg

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_aut o:good%2Cw_1200/MTY3MzUyMTQzMzM2OTczNTU1/usatsi_12965262.jpg

shoeless joe
06-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Just watched. Very disappointed in rocker. Not that it matters. When you watch a guy and notice some things you generally think to yourself that the negatives you notice or don’t like is just coming out due to competitiveness and the moment. Then you see that presser and realize you were wrong.

Lord McBuckethead
06-28-2021, 12:17 AM

Well they know deep down they do not belong in the championship game. Bullshit first win against NC State, which they almost lost. Karma is looking for these assholes.

thf24
06-28-2021, 09:31 AM

I've thought for a while it's pretty telling that he loses as many games as he does with such a monumental advantage, "that's baseball" or not.

TNDawg35
06-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Karma may catch up to them, but don’t think for one second Corbin isn’t putting everything being said around America in his guys ears right now about being villains. Don’t be surprised one bit if they come out with attitude and a chip and try to skull drag us…

msstate7
06-28-2021, 10:35 AM
Karma may catch up to them, but don’t think for one second Corbin isn’t putting everything being said around America in his guys ears right now about being villains. Don’t be surprised one bit if they come out with attitude and a chip and try to skull drag us…

I hope they come out trying to hit balls 500 ft all night

BeardoMSU
06-28-2021, 10:38 AM
https://findingfaeries.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/legendblix6.jpg

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_aut o:good%2Cw_1200/MTY3MzUyMTQzMzM2OTczNTU1/usatsi_12965262.jpg

LEGEND. Love that movie. Mia Sara....smoke.

fieldcorporal
06-28-2021, 10:47 AM
They are to college baseball what auburn is to football.

In their heart-of-hearts they know that they are cheaters and they know everyone else knows it, and disdains them for it.

They are embarrassed and ashamed, but are not moral enough to admit it. instead they assume an arrogant and elitist attitude and blather on about "opportunity scholarships".

But... they know everyone knows and is disgusted by them.

tcdog70
06-28-2021, 10:56 AM
why go to a presser, if you are going to look butt hurt-and not answer questions. we learned MSU doesn't strike out much--no shit Sherlock.

Kingbarkus
06-28-2021, 12:04 PM
I expect some attitudes on both sides. It may be chippy or go beyond that. After the high stakes games we have played recently, don?t be surprised if things get dirty. This is a rivalry.

basedog
06-28-2021, 12:12 PM
Without ANY doubt Lemonis came out the winner as he seems to represent himself, the players, the fans and Msu very well! Love how he approaches every interview pre-game, during the game, post game and even no games! Very class guy who never throws his players under the bus in public!

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 12:28 PM
Without ANY doubt Lemonis came out the winner as he seems to represent himself, the players, the fans and Msu very well! Love how he approaches every interview pre-game, during the game, post game and even no games! Very class guy who never throws his players under the bus in public!

I agree. Great demeanor and comes across as the ultimate professional. Great representative for us and like you said never throws his players under the bus. Love watching his post game speeches to the team in the dugout after the games. He's a real motivator.

basedog
06-28-2021, 12:42 PM
I agree. Great demeanor and comes across as the ultimate professional. Great representative for us and like you said never throws his players under the bus. Love watching his post game speeches to the team in the dugout after the games. He's a real motivator.

Has the perfect demeanor for a college baseball Coach. Pretty competitive and intense coach who keeps his stress and anger under control

Commercecomet24
06-28-2021, 12:58 PM
Has the perfect demeanor for a college baseball Coach. Pretty competitive and intense coach who keeps his stress and anger under control

Exactly.

R2Dawg
06-28-2021, 01:00 PM

Lemo is the real deal. He not only represents MSU well but just baseball in general. Lemo wins this NC, he is baseball Saban in the making.

Boy, Cohen hit a HR there. I guess Cohen gets a mulligan on at least one other hire (not two though).

StarkVegasSteve
06-28-2021, 01:25 PM
Lemo is the real deal. He not only represents MSU well but just baseball in general. Lemo wins this NC, he is baseball Saban in the making.

Boy, Cohen hit a HR there. I guess Cohen gets a mulligan on at least one other hire (not two though).

Baseball wise he's hit two homerun hires. On the field and recruiting wise Cohen can recognize coaching talent as good as anyone in baseball.