PDA

View Full Version : How do we attack Bama on offense Saturday night?

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2013, 11:26 PM
I Said earlier this week that I wanted us to ground and pound, but Bama only gives up an average of 95 rushing yards per game. Running the ball seems like an inevitable way to get us in 3rd and long often.

How do we even begin to attack this defense?

BeastMan
11-13-2013, 11:32 PM
You run the hell out of the ball to shorten the game. Doesn't matter if it works or not. I'd run as much clock as possible. Hope for a defensive/ST TD and pray the offenses scores at all. MSU's only prayer is a very low scoring game.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Good point, hopefully Dak plays and gets some yards where he falls forward.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Manziel hurt them because he could extend plays and beat the rush- then make throws. Dakota will have to do some of the same things for us to be truly successful. He is pretty good- but he isnt as elusive as Manziel. Got to make some throws to help keep them off him some.

Barking 13
11-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Good point, hopefully JRob plays and gets some yards where he falls forward.

FIFY

Ragingclue
11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
I touch myself while Mommy brushes my hair

Bo Darville
11-14-2013, 09:23 AM

You just touched on what makes Bama so good, but your are wrong. Bama has great talent, but they aren't primadonnas. They are 4 and 5 star grinders. Saban is the best in the country at taking entitled athletes and turning them into team players who will accept coaching and play within the system. When you get 4 and 5 star talents who are willing to be coached and desire winning over self-promotion, you will win multiple national championships. As Bama is that doing now.

DawgsBite34
11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Like Ive said, the option is the great equalizer if Dan will call it, it will work. Make Bama stop it before you quit running it and go to three straight pass plays and punt like he's been known to do. Ive given up hope that he will start JRob....so stupid that he aint done it yet. Dak is good enough to make some guys miss when they get pressure and create and Lewis should be able to beat there nickel back in the slot. DO WHAT WE DO Dan. PLEASE?

CadaverDawg
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I touch myself while Mommy brushes my hair!

There has never been a more obvious troll.

Coach and mods, it appears these douchebag nafoomers are in full force trolling over here lately. Not sure why, it's pretty lame and shows how desperate they are to be a part of EliteDawgs since they aren't allowed. It also shows how bad Nafoom sucks...they spend more time here and on SPS than they do their own lame ass board. Anyway, I know the board is fairly new, but I wish we had a "no new members until after signing day" rule that kicked in some time in the next few months. Otherwise it will get really bad. It's a shame that these Ole miss cocksuckers have nothing better to do. You would think this website sold red pants and cough syrup these douchebag trolls want to be over here so bad.

Coach34
11-14-2013, 11:13 AM
I can't imagine how lame some of these people are in person

CadaverDawg
11-14-2013, 11:14 AM
I can't imagine how lame some of these people are in person

Ha, great edit

Jdawg
11-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Nice edit Coach. I laughed.....

jimbo352
11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Those ********** Bear fans are the ones who say we're obsessed with them... Seriously, you can't make this shit up... I bet the trolling stops when Dak/Jrob/Perk run the damn football down their bear throats on Thanksgiving... I'd love to see our boys ruin(by ruin, I mean utterly destroy) the Freezus honeymoon over there...

jimbo352
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I Said earlier this week that I wanted us to ground and pound, but Bama only gives up an average of 95 rushing yards per game. Running the ball seems like an inevitable way to get us in 3rd and long often.

I don't think it's all about how we attack them on offense... I think it's all about how we attack them on defense...

We're gonna carry the rock... No doubt about that... If our defense plays inspired football, and gets a little pressure on AJ... We could keep make this a low scoring game. We don't want them stretching our defense. It's best for us if we keep this game tight in the trenches, because that's the strength of our team.

Hit them hard, and wrap up... And for the love of all that is holy... Don't bite on the play action and get beat deep.

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2013, 11:52 AM
This might be our only option:

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Do you think we will see more rollouts? We have set up that we will set up a screen pass to the opposite side. Lewis throwing the td pass was beautiful also. That play has several different choices. We haven't seen Lewis pump fake and run it.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Do you think we will see more rollouts? We have set up that we will set up a screen pass to the opposite side. Lewis throwing the td pass was beautiful also. That play has several different choices. We haven't seen Lewis pump fake and run it.

I think we SHOULD see more rollouts. I think Dan should tell Dak to shorten his internal clock for this game, and be quicker to scramble against them. Not because I think their DLine is incredible, but because Dak's legs give us a much better chance than his arm does. Plus, if you scramble for big yardage a few times early, you force them to account for it, thus making it easier to throw the ball. And to be honest, I feel like the less we throw it, the better our chances because the clock will be running, game will be shortening, and turnovers will be less likely.

But there's only one way we actually win....and that is if we have multiple players make big time plays, and Bama doesn't play their typical "A" game. Because we know we aren't going to out-coach them

CJDAWG85
11-14-2013, 12:27 PM
We have 3 choices...

1. Take the entire Bama team out Friday night and get them smashed.
2. Hope they pull a Home Alone and forget the entire offense.
3. AJ sees me hitting on his gf in the stands and loses entire focus of the game.

PassInterference
11-14-2013, 12:44 PM
This might be our only option:

Well, we got the tats for it.

stxdawg
11-14-2013, 01:07 PM

#1 way to do this is to move the chains on offense. We have to give our defense time to rest. With the amount of depth Bama has, we need our best players on defense rested each time they go in.
#2 If we can keep our D somewhat fresh, we have to stop their run. Bama will take some shots down field, which is fine. But we need to keep them from gashing us with their rush attack. We have shown we can do this.

If we slow them down and chew up the clock, we keep this game a lot closer than most are expecting.