PDA

View Full Version : I just want to say this

FriarsPoint
06-26-2021, 11:27 PM
Is this the most talented team ever at MSU? Probably not. Most athletic? Probably not. Best hitting? Probably not. Best fielding? Probably not. Best pitching? Maybe.

Grittiest? Without a damn doubt.

FriarsPoint
06-26-2021, 11:42 PM
Is this the most talented team ever at MSU? Probably not. Most athletic? Probably not. Best hitting? Probably not. Best fielding? Probably not. Best pitching? Maybe.

Grittiest? Without a damn doubt.

One other thing. If the SiriusXM broadcast guys were right, before tonight we were hitting .175 for the CWS

BayouDawg
06-26-2021, 11:53 PM
One other thing. If the SiriusXM broadcast guys were right, before tonight we were hitting .175 for the CWS

Similar to that UCLA team in 2013.

parabrave
06-27-2021, 12:06 AM
Similar to that UCLA team in 2013.

And that UCLA team had a great pitching staff and a shutdown closer/

wasabaka
06-27-2021, 12:30 AM
We hit .333 tonight, bringing our CWS average up to .200. More importantly, we are 3-1 and in the 'chip because even though we haven't hit for a high team BA overall, we have strung a few hits together in the right spots to get some runs in and win. That's what makes this team the grittiest.

FriarsPoint
06-27-2021, 12:40 AM
We hit .333 tonight, bringing our CWS average up to .200. More importantly, we are 3-1 and in the 'chip because even though we haven't hit for a high team BA overall, we have strung a few hits together in the right spots to get some runs in and win. That's what makes this team the grittiest.

And to you, brave, and bayou, that?s exactly what UCLA did in 13. I was there. My wife wants to go back. Honestly, I don?t. I can?t stomach that again.

The Federalist Engineer
06-27-2021, 08:33 AM

Right now we have 28 hits and the opposition has 28 hits. So if we are hitting 200, we are holding other to 200

Another thing. MSU has faced Ty Madden twice, Griff McGarrity, and Cole Quintanilla twice in that span. Nobody hits those guys.

Saltydog
06-27-2021, 09:28 AM
Yeah but now it's Leiter and Rocker and company.......It's only going to get harder.....

The Federalist Engineer
06-27-2021, 10:28 AM
Yeah but now it's Leiter and Rocker and company.......It's only going to get harder.....

Ty Madden is not inferior statistically or as a draft prospect (Stuff) to Rocker / Leiter. Jay Powell says that Madden is a legit 4 pitch guy. MLB ready.

Also

Griff McGarrity on Xanax is pretty much a #1 pick too. JP on ESPN said he is unhittable and “made himself money” - nothing about bad at-bats.

This all means we need to stay great in pitching ourselves. TD Ameritrade has been our friend. At the Dude, Virginia would have scored 6 or 7 on Mac in 2 innings. TX would have had 2 more HRs yesterday.

AlSwearengen
06-27-2021, 10:54 AM
McGarrity, on the night that we faced him was the best pitcher in Omaha. Leiter might have better stuff but not by much at all. As everyone knows, the only thing keeping McGarrity out of the top 10 picks is the command question mark.