PDA

View Full Version : Hoover

TheLostDawg
06-26-2021, 10:18 PM
Can't believe we let that happen***

preachermatt83
06-26-2021, 10:22 PM
Hahaha!! Get out of there as quick as you can unless there is a National seed or hosting deal on the line.

bgover4
06-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Who needs to over extend themselves in an sec tourny in Hoover when we can have one in Omaha.

IMissJack
06-27-2021, 10:06 PM
Can't believe we let that happen***

I can't see why anyone that has things locked down for the NCAA's would want to even play in that thing. It may go the way of the DoDo in a few years. IMO it hurt Ark this year. Didn't they get a pitcher hurt during the Tourney? While MSU was already home, OM, Ark, Tenn, etc were wearing out their pitchers.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 10:14 PM
I can't see why anyone that has things locked down for the NCAA's would want to even play in that thing. It may go the way of the DoDo in a few years. IMO it hurt Ark this year. Didn't they get a pitcher hurt during the Tourney? While MSU was already home, OM, Ark, Tenn, etc were wearing out their pitchers.

Arky lost their #2 pitcher for the year AND slavens was lost til the supers.

Todd4State
06-27-2021, 10:24 PM

It's not going anywhere because the SEC wants the money. I could see them changing the format somehow to make it less taxing on pitching. Any way you look at it the SEC Tournament tends to hurt more than help. Maybe make it single elimination or something like that with the top four teams getting a bye.

Homedawg
06-27-2021, 10:27 PM
It's not going anywhere because the SEC wants the money. I could see them changing the format somehow to make it less taxing on pitching. Any way you look at it the SEC Tournament tends to hurt more than help. Maybe make it single elimination or something like that with the top four teams getting a bye.

You are correct money is why it happens. But the data doesn't show, that it's good or bad to win. It's all about the same. Some teams win and get eliminated early in ncaa play and some teams lose early and carry on...

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 10:31 PM
I actually enjoy the sect very much. It's a lot of fun to watch but it's scary if you're gonna be a national seed and just hope nobody gets hurt.

shoeless joe
06-27-2021, 10:44 PM
I actually enjoy the sect very much. It's a lot of fun to watch but it's scary if you're gonna be a national seed and just hope nobody gets hurt.

When I was in high school the tourney was always the first week we were out for summer. I’d wake up early just to get ready for that 9am game. I’d stay up late to watch the last game of the day. It was a huge deal to a kid that was an absolute baseball nut. Back then every regional game wasn’t on tv so it was the biggest and best week of college baseball short of the CWS.

Now I enjoy watchin a few of the games but am generally fishing or on the tractor by the weekend.

And as others have said a teams spot in the tourney can determine the individual importance. Obviously it didn’t hurt us…but most likely did help a team like Alabama

Commercecomet24
06-27-2021, 11:00 PM
When I was in high school the tourney was always the first week we were out for summer. I’d wake up early just to get ready for that 9am game. I’d stay up late to watch the last game of the day. It was a huge deal to a kid that was an absolute baseball nut. Back then every regional game wasn’t on tv so it was the biggest and best week of college baseball short of the CWS.

Now I enjoy watchin a few of the games but am generally fishing or on the tractor by the weekend.

And as others have said a teams spot in the tourney can determine the individual importance. Obviously it didn’t hurt us…but most likely did help a team like Alabama

I hear ya! I still enjoy watching all the games but heck I just love watching baseball. Agree with you on the effects of the tournament results for each team based on where they're at.

The Federalist Engineer
06-27-2021, 11:03 PM

It would prolly make more money as a Championship Game between the West and East #1 in Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas. One Marquee matchup on a Sunday night

On Friday, a seeded matchup East vs West showdown. Let #2 play the #7 to help the #7 RPI

On Saturday, an All Star game. Everybody contributes a Canadian Freshman to pitch one fun inning.

Todd4State
06-27-2021, 11:15 PM
You are correct money is why it happens. But the data doesn't show, that it's good or bad to win. It's all about the same. Some teams win and get eliminated early in ncaa play and some teams lose early and carry on...

For me the biggest issue is with the pitching. It's a meat grinder if you have to go through the losers bracket or have a long extra inning game. If you do single elimination you're basically putting teams in the same situation that they have been all year because they're going to be able to keep their rotations basically the same and if you are a team that makes it to the championship without a bye you just use your midweek guy.

Todd4State
06-27-2021, 11:15 PM
It would prolly make more money as a Championship Game between the West and East #1 in Atlanta, Houston, or Dallas. One Marquee matchup on a Sunday night

On Friday, a seeded matchup East vs West showdown. Let #2 play the #7 to help the #7 RPI

On Saturday, an All Star game. Everybody contributes a Canadian Freshman to pitch one fun inning.

The Eric Cerentola Cup.**

Jack Lambert
06-28-2021, 09:38 AM
Cohen is a mad genius. It was planned to put our baseball team in stealth mode.