PDA

View Full Version : We have GOT to do something about baseball seating

Coach34
04-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Our grandstand was empty and they kept showing it on TV tonight. Todd wrote an article about it and people keep mentioning it- but Strick and crew HAVE to get something changed and get people in the stands. That looks awful and gives a terrible impression of our program.

Somebody needs to get creative and get some people in those damn seats- I dont care who pays for them. If they arent coming to the games- it just looks really bad.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-18-2013, 10:17 PM
We had 7954 in attendance tonight and that is a good crowd for a Thursday night game with this weather approaching. I do agree with you that something has to be done to get the grandstands filled up.

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't know what possible solution there is. Other than let people sit there w-o a ticket to the seat and get booted if the ticket holder comes. Other than that not much you can do. At least nothing I can think of.

Coach34
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
We had 7954 in attendance tonight and that is a good crowd for a Thursday night game with this weather approaching. I do agree with you that something has to be done to get the grandstands filled up.

Our attendance number is great-but they are all out in the damn outfield. The grandstand is empty, and it looks like we have 1,500 people there and dont give a shit about our baseball program

Will James
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't know what possible solution there is. Other than let people sit there w-o a ticket to the seat and get booted if the ticket holder comes. Other than that not much you can do. At least nothing I can think of.

This would be an upgrade for sure but if more people want to sit in the OF who can blame them.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Our attendance number is great-but they are all out in the damn outfield. The grandstand is empty, and it looks like we have 1,500 people there and dont give a shit about our baseball program

I agree. There has to be a way to keep the lounges full and fill up the grandstand I just don't know the solution.

Homedawg
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
There is one good thing about the situation now- the seats are going to be sold as season tickets. Those people aren't going to give up their seats and not buy the tix even if they just come to a few. We at least don't lose out ass in baseball financially like many others.

engie
04-18-2013, 10:45 PM
There is one good thing about the situation now- the seats are going to be sold as season tickets. Those people aren't going to give up their seats and not buy the tix even if they just come to a few. We at least don't lose out ass in baseball financially like many others.

True... But we could sell twice as many season tickets as we currently do IF people(that actually want to come) could get decent seats. Reseat that MF based on priority(and build in attendance as a method of gaining priority). Currently, we sell out the chairbacks every year in season tickets -- and about 1700 in the outfield(about 6k total season tickets sold). NO ONE ELSE without vested interest in the outfield are buying season tix to sit in those god-forsaken bleachers -- but MANY of those people would if they could get a decent seat.

Fact is simple -- it's f'n bullshit to have 1500+ sitting in the BLEACHERS, which are the worst seats in all of college baseball(at least the worst I've ever been to), with the grandstands half full on live national tv. Just letting those people into the grandstands would have made the place look damn near full.

I say tear the MF down -- build twice(at least) as many luxury boxes and a club level and let CGA's for those tickets largely pay for the joint. NO ONE cancels their luxury suites @ DNF, and it's been sold out from day 1. I've been up there(they have signage and nametags on the doors), and it's all the usual names from the time they were built.

Todd4State
04-18-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm all for tearing the grandstand down and starting over.

Until then, what I would do is cover the bleachers up with tarps- we could make it look decent with maybe pictures of Will Clark and Rafael Palmeiro or us going to Omaha on them. If we need the bleachers- like a SR, regional, or maybe SBW, just uncover the bleachers and there you go.

Of all the solutions I have heard, and all the issues as to why people maybe don't go, I really think turning the grandstand into a huge GA seating area where you find a seat and if a season ticket holder has that seat, you simply move until you find one that is unoccupied is the best solution. There is no demand for a ticket exchange, doing things to assert priority likely pisses off a good portion of the fanbase that is giving us money if they don't show up and could be really bad for business. Let's be honest here- the people in the bleachers basically end up in the grandstand for most of the game anyway.

I have to think that there was some type of an issue in the past with squatters rights because the grandstand is heavily guarded by rent a cops. That started when I was in college under LT when Pat McMahon became our coach. (shocker) Certainly could have been LT being a douche.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-18-2013, 11:13 PM
ok. This is my first missed SBW since 1988. I have been on the road for 16 days. Honestly, when Im there, I still sit in the outfield.

I TRY to give my tickets away and I cant. I TRY to give my club level football tickets away and I usually cant. I dont know what the solution is guys.

FYI, my family is part of life time members. We would all GLADLY give up what we have for the betterment of MSU. In any sport.

Todd4State
04-18-2013, 11:15 PM
This would be an upgrade for sure but if more people want to sit in the OF who can blame them.

Even more reason to have a general admission policy for the grandstand. I don't have a problem if a season ticket holder wants to sit on the outfield. It's not any different than if someone that has season tickets in the grandstand sees some empty seats in another part of the grandstand and wants to sit in their unassigned seat.

Todd4State
04-18-2013, 11:21 PM
ok. This is my first missed SBW since 1988. I have been on the road for 16 days. Honestly, when Im there, I still sit in the outfield.

I TRY to give my tickets away and I cant. I TRY to give my club level football tickets away and I usually cant. I dont know what the solution is guys.

FYI, my family is part of life time members. We would all GLADLY give up what we have for the betterment of MSU. In any sport.

Honestly, I don't think you should HAVE to go through the trouble to give someone else a ticket. That's another good thing about the general admission policy. You simply find an empty seat.

Like I said, 90% of the bleacher crowd ultimately ends up in the grandstand now anyway. Why not just put them there in the first inning instead of the fifth?

I'm glad you mentioned that you are a lieftime member because I have never run across one. Can you tell us some of the specifics of the contract and what it says? Do you have an estimate of how many fans are lifetime members?

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I can give you exact numbers.

We paid 500 per seat for a lifetime seat. We got our names on them and all we had to do was buy season tickets every year. So basically a one time 500 fee. We use to have our names on them and then in 2010, they ripped the seats out and didnt put name plates back. we moved bc white trash had surrounded us.

But basically it was 500 per seat and all you had to do was renew your season ticket every year. Stupid. Still have them and we would gladly give them up for people that pay more money and want a nice DNF.

hailstate48
04-19-2013, 02:23 AM
You can't drink beer in the grandstand....

Political Hack
04-19-2013, 06:33 AM
I like the idea of a cover forthr bleachers and force those people into the chairs for televised games. It's has to be something thy can deploy quickly though. If the ticket puncher has <8,000 people, cram them in. If its more you probably have to leave the bleachers open.

Homedawg
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
I can give you exact numbers.

We paid 500 per seat for a lifetime seat. We got our names on them and all we had to do was buy season tickets every year. So basically a one time 500 fee. We use to have our names on them and then in 2010, they ripped the seats out and didnt put name plates back. we moved bc white trash had surrounded us.

But basically it was 500 per seat and all you had to do was renew your season ticket every year. Stupid. Still have them and we would gladly give them up for people that pay more money and want a nice DNF.

The cost was based on the location of seat. When it was built box seats were 1k next level 500 as you said then some were $250. Now of someone doesn't buy there seats now the seats are resold but none at $250. The demand isn't there to reseat as Todd stated it would just piss more off, I think.

Todd4State
04-19-2013, 08:15 AM
I like the idea of a cover forthr bleachers and force those people into the chairs for televised games. It's has to be something thy can deploy quickly though. If the ticket puncher has <8,000 people, cram them in. If its more you probably have to leave the bleachers open.

Yes, that would have to be coordinated. But really, based on the games that I have gone to, which were the LSU and Florida series with 8K plus- there was still plenty of room in the grandstand. There would not have been a need to take the tarps off, and those are two of our higher drawing series thus far.

A regional or SR, they should know to just go ahead and take the tarps off. That's a common sense move- I know, scary.

But we do need a contingency plan in place in case the tarps need to come off quickly. Like if 65% of the season ticket holders show up, they take the tarps off. I'm hoping that a tarp can come off in under 30 minutes, but I have no idea if that's realistic for taking a tarp off of a bleacher.

Spider-Man
04-19-2013, 08:23 AM

If you're having trouble in the fall getting rid of these. Give me a shout. I'll gladly take them off your hand.

Spider-Man
04-19-2013, 08:25 AM
On topic: I was disappointed when I saw the grandstand last night. Pitiful. For any games that start after 6pm, they need to open the grandstand after the 3rd. If you're not there by 7:30, you probably aren't coming. Announce that the grandstand is open to all patrons more than once too. At the end of each half inning or each inning would be good.

dawgoneyall
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Something has to be done about parking for baseball.

Got on campus approx at 6 PM and it took 25 minutes to find a parking space and finally found spot where Suttle once existed. I am thinking there will be a huge crowd at the game. Get there and the stands are half full. What the hell?

Some extremely poor planning by someone. You want people at the game at least make it fan friendly.

Start with moving the RV parking elsewhere. Where, I don't care.

Boomer15
04-19-2013, 09:03 AM
I don't know what the solution is for the grandstands, but I think they need to make some changes to the outfield. There is not enough room in the right field for walk up fans to watch the game. If you don't have a lounge you end up having to sit in the bleachers. It's hot, uncomfortable and you can't have your cooler next to you while you watch the game. I had access to a lounge while in college, but I don't now. I don't mind sitting in the bleachers cause I'm a big baseball fan in general, but the walk up crowds or the fans that just want a good time, drink beer outside and watch baseball aren't going to do that.

I think they should restructure the left field lounges and leave room more room on the rightfield side for families, students and whoever else wants to go to the game.

The Rebels have it going on right now with their set up. Anybody can sit out in left field, they have a playground area for kids, you can bring coolers with beer food or whatever and sit in your chair and enjoy baseball. The students have rightfield to throw beer and cut up. It's a lot of fun.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-19-2013, 09:11 AM
The major problem I see with attendance is ticket prices for your non season ticket holders or students. $10 to sit in the ****ing bleachers is asinine, and casual fans will not come to a regular game for those reasons. I'm talking about families, don't know priced for children but that can get expensive. Luckily I know people with a lounge because I refuse to pay money to sit in the bleachers, you can't even see half of the ****ing field if you have to sit by the grand stands. I think it is time to tear the dude down and build a modern park similar to what A&M has.

Homedawg
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Something has to be done about parking for baseball.

Got on campus approx at 6 PM and it took 25 minutes to find a parking space and finally found spot where Suttle once existed. I am thinking there will be a huge crowd at the game. Get there and the stands are half full. What the hell?

Some extremely poor planning by someone. You want people at the game at least make it fan friendly.

Start with moving the RV parking elsewhere. Where, I don't care.

This problem is worse than in the past because people no longer park in the outfield and now those parking passes are in the lot directly across from the templet on center. That's just one problem but it has made it worse than previously.

mic
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't know what the solution is for the grandstands, but I think they need to make some changes to the outfield. There is not enough room in the right field for walk up fans to watch the game. If you don't have a lounge you end up having to sit in the bleachers. It's hot, uncomfortable and you can't have your cooler next to you while you watch the game. I had access to a lounge while in college, but I don't now. I don't mind sitting in the bleachers cause I'm a big baseball fan in general, but the walk up crowds or the fans that just want a good time, drink beer outside and watch baseball aren't going to do that.

I think they should restructure the left field lounges and leave room more room on the rightfield side for families, students and whoever else wants to go to the game.

The Rebels have it going on right now with their set up. Anybody can sit out in left field, they have a playground area for kids, you can bring coolers with beer food or whatever and sit in your chair and enjoy baseball. The students have rightfield to throw beer and cut up. It's a lot of fun.

Please tell me you didnt just say its fun for the students in right field at ole miss to THROW BEER and cut up.. So you think the Beer Showers they do after every home run is cool??? Well they are having a lot of extra beer this year because they sure dont hit the long ball very often..
Wow... Rebs up 7-1 and hit a solo shot in the 8th to make it 8-1.. and they beer shower like someone just hit a walkoff.. Its as bush league as their dance they do in the bottom of the 5th...
My cuz who played there back in the late 90's said recently that Ole Miss have some of the most uneducated baseball fans in the SEC...

mic
04-19-2013, 09:37 AM
We have the same problem at the Hump as we do at DN.. Season ticket holders who dont show up. I get it no one can come for every home game.
I dont see how we can have a system where a Season Ticket holder in any sport that cant make the game should be able to call in to the ticket office or a special number and have those tickets available to the public for resale at face value.
We would make double the money for the university and have an ASS in that seat. Also im sure the we could offer like bulldog points for season ticket holders that did this.
Only issues would be that opposing team fans could be able to get these or if the season ticket holder decided to come to game there would be double seating..
But this seems like an easy solution to this problem.. maybe we have something like this here already I just havent heard about it if so.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-19-2013, 09:51 AM
parking isnt an issue for me. I park right between the hump and palmeiro center and walk about 100 feet and I am in. I use to have to park on the off ramp back in the day though. That was a bitch.

Honestly though, the lot by palmeiro is never full. Not even close.

Boomer15
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Please tell me you didnt just say its fun for the students in right field at ole miss to THROW BEER and cut up.. So you think the Beer Showers they do after every home run is cool??? Well they are having a lot of extra beer this year because they sure dont hit the long ball very often..
Wow... Rebs up 7-1 and hit a solo shot in the 8th to make it 8-1.. and they beer shower like someone just hit a walkoff.. Its as bush league as their dance they do in the bottom of the 5th...
My cuz who played there back in the late 90's said recently that Ole Miss have some of the most uneducated baseball fans in the SEC...

No, I didn't say I think it's cool to throw beer after a home run, my point is the students are out in rightfield and can do whatever the hell they want because they aren't around families or older people who have a problem with it. They are kids having fun, who gives a shit. They get there early, get drunk and rowdy, watch the game then walk to the square.

dickiedawg
04-19-2013, 10:13 AM
The major problem I see with attendance is ticket prices for your non season ticket holders or students. $10 to sit in the ****ing bleachers is asinine, and casual fans will not come to a regular game for those reasons. I'm talking about families, don't know priced for children but that can get expensive. Luckily I know people with a lounge because I refuse to pay money to sit in the bleachers, you can't even see half of the ****ing field if you have to sit by the grand stands. I think it is time to tear the dude down and build a modern park similar to what A&M has.

Season ticket holders pay the same $10 per ticket. Not sure what your point here is.
Also, if you have kids, sign them up for Junior Bulldog Club. For the price of a weekend series they get in free all year.

hailstate48
04-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Once again you can't drink beer in the grandstand

engie
04-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Season ticket holders pay the same $10 per ticket. Not sure what your point here is.

Season ticket holders pay $200/yr for chairbacks which sold out this year -- or $180/yr for general admissions(outfield or bleachers -- again, the only people buying these have vested interest in the lounges). That's for 37 home games. Alot closer to $5/ticket than $10/ticket...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130419-gmba-59kb.jpg

I'm with others in that we need to model a right field section after OM's student section. Make it free, walk-up(with coolers), etc. Build up the right field hill closer to the field, terrace it, and give that to the students(and add a gate allowing them to enter it from the back instead of having to go all the way around to the main outfield entrance to then try to navigate a sidehill with a cooler. Do this and you can remove one of the bleacher sections -- and turn the front half(near the grandstand) into a playground for the kids with the outer half as a terraced berm for the parents to bring chairs and watch from.

For less that $100k, we address 2 major issues and enhance our baseball experience for the most important demographic(students). Fact is -- many students from the 00s didn't get the great experiences at DNF that those in the 80s and 90s did -- and you don't see as many of those people coming back either(unless they've still got a connection in the lounges).

CadaverDawg
04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I agree. There has to be a way to keep the lounges full and fill up the grandstand I just don't know the solution.

Allow beer in the grandstand. That's the only way.

engie
04-19-2013, 11:08 AM

I say don't "allow" it because there would be hell raised on this if it became actual policy. Just remove all the ridiculous, pointless rent-a-cops -- and don't police it at all until you are forced to.

This is how LSU makes it happen at Alex Box -- a place that, consequently, doesn't even allow beer in the outfield. They all bring whiskey -- and they aren't messed with...

CadaverDawg
04-19-2013, 11:11 AM
I say don't "allow" it because there would be hell raised on this if it became actual policy. Just remove all the ridiculous, pointless rent-a-cops -- and don't police it at all until you are forced to.

This is how LSU makes it happen at Alex Box -- a place that, consequently, doesn't even allow beer in the outfield. They all bring whiskey -- and they aren't messed with...

Yep. That is the solution. But as usual, Mississippi State polices itself so hard that we kill our own atmosphere. Our own worst enemy.

biscuit
04-19-2013, 11:17 AM
For less that $100k, we address 2 major issues and enhance our baseball experience for the most important demographic(students). Fact is -- many students from the 00s didn't get the great experiences at DNF that those in the 80s and 90s did -- and you don't see as many of those people coming back either(unless they've still got a connection in the lounges).[/QUOTE]

Games were special then. It was an event. I loved coming to games and still do when I get the chance, but I always hate to say "remember when we could..." at games now. Shame we basically invented college baseball atmosphere and crowds and have not lived up to our own standards from years ago. I hate that other schools can brag and boast about "atmosphere" when we should still be number one.

AROB44
04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I used to have 3 of the $250 seats.....they were great seats too. Kept them for many, many years. I gave them up since I just didn't go to many games.....sometimes none. Last game I attended was the Clemson super regional. I do hope that they wee resold to someone who attends most games. I have never regretted my decision...more should do the same, I think.

mic
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Season ticket holders pay $200/yr for chairbacks which sold out this year -- or $180/yr for general admissions(outfield or bleachers -- again, the only people buying these have vested interest in the lounges). That's for 37 home games. Alot closer to $5/ticket than $10/ticket...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130419-gmba-59kb.jpg

I'm with others in that we need to model a right field section after OM's student section. Make it free, walk-up(with coolers), etc. Build up the right field hill closer to the field, terrace it, and give that to the students(and add a gate allowing them to enter it from the back instead of having to go all the way around to the main outfield entrance to then try to navigate a sidehill with a cooler. Do this and you can remove one of the bleacher sections -- and turn the front half(near the grandstand) into a playground for the kids with the outer half as a terraced berm for the parents to bring chairs and watch from.

For less that $100k, we address 2 major issues and enhance our baseball experience for the most important demographic(students). Fact is -- many students from the 00s didn't get the great experiences at DNF that those in the 80s and 90s did -- and you don't see as many of those people coming back either(unless they've still got a connection in the lounges).

I agree we could do something down the right field line where the bleachers or now to be more family friendly..
But JMO no need to mess with the right or left field lounges. Thats what makes DNF so unique. Kind of like Feenway. Yeah we can tweak it here and there and make it better. which we did this year to making it easier to see over the fence. I dont know what the waiting list is or the steps you have to take to get a spot in left field. but I will say this everyone that has a spot in the outfield is usually at every game unlike the GS ticket holders.
But the main problem is the GS empty seating and always half empty metal bleachers.

engie
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I agree we could do something down the right field line where the bleachers or now to be more family friendly..
But JMO no need to mess with the right or left field lounges. Thats what makes DNF so unique . Kind of like Feenway. Yeah we can tweak it here and there and make it better. which we did this year to make it easier to see over the fence.
But the main problem is the GS empty seating and always half empty metal bleachers.

Where did I mention touching the lounges?

Fact is -- we have no student section -- and the students that want to drink in the outfield but don't know anyone in the lounges already congregate on the scoreboard hill -- although this is 1/4 the amount of students that would show if they ACTUALLY had a section where they could go and socialize like they do in Oxford. I'm simply saying to move that hill closer the the field(maybe make it a little taller, as there are some sightlines from the hill that are blocked by lounges) and terrace it so people can actually sit there comfortably.

We need to bring in RF to match LF anyway. This would give us the extra room for the lounges up front-- and we'd have to set a height requirement on those lounges

mic
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=engie;4915]Where did I mention touching the lounges?[/QUOTE
I know you didnt .. I was just saying..

Homedawg
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM

I guess you already can. It's"illegal" in the outfield as well. I haven't seen a cooler checked in a while. Not saying it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it.

mic
04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Where did I mention touching the lounges?

Fact is -- we have no student section -- and the students that want to drink in the outfield but don't know anyone in the lounges already congregate on the scoreboard hill -- although this is 1/4 the amount of students that would show if they ACTUALLY had a section where they could go and socialize like they do in Oxford. I'm simply saying to move that hill closer the the field(maybe make it a little taller, as there are some sightlines from the hill that are blocked by lounges) and terrace it so people can actually sit there comfortably.

I agree.. The problem that we face that hurts us is that we have limited room in right field beyond the fence to the road..

Todd4State
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

I agree about their fans being uneducated. They used to call the Mayor's Trophy the Governor's Cup back when it was the Mayor's Trophy. Used to drive me nuts. I always thought "Throw it in the dirt!" was stupid because sometimes pitchers actually are trying to throw it in dirt- like a curveball to get a hitter to chase, so throwing a baseball in the dirt isn't necessarily a bad thing. I personally don't like BALLLLLFOOOORRRRRR- but at least ball four is something that is always bad for the other pitcher.

The funny thing about their bush league dance- I call it the jack off dance because of their umm....hand motion- is they ripped it off from Miami. Plus it's some kind of tecno song- it totally fits Ole Miss.

And I am STUNNED that they still have guys that bleach their hair blonde after all these years.

engie
04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree.. The problem that we face that hurts us is that we have limited room in right field beyond the fence to the road..

Even better -- the students would be close to the action.

That hill is already there -- and you can already see from 90% of it -- why not just build it up and convert it into student seating?

By terracing, you can actually move the base of the hill further from the field if you want since it no longer requires a clean, gradual slope. You could essentially create more room directly behind the lounges while moving a dedicated student section higher and closer to the field...

mic
04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
when an ex UM ball player, who by the way was very very good there, says the majority of their fans have ZERO baseball knowledge .... thats all I needed to know about that.. prime example is they are all calling for Bianco's head.. PLEASE let them get rid of him.. I understand he has yet to make to Omaha but they arent finding anyone better than him.. It would be a huge step back in their program if they get rid of him.

CadaverDawg
04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree about their fans being uneducated. They used to call the Mayor's Trophy the Governor's Cup back when it was the Mayor's Trophy. Used to drive me nuts. I always thought "Throw it in the dirt!" was stupid because sometimes pitchers actually are trying to throw it in dirt- like a curveball to get a hitter to chase, so throwing a baseball in the dirt isn't necessarily a bad thing. I personally don't like BALLLLLFOOOORRRRRR- but at least ball four is something that is always bad for the other pitcher.

The funny thing about their bush league dance- I call it the jack off dance because of their umm....hand motion- is they ripped it off from Miami. Plus it's some kind of tecno song- it totally fits Ole Miss.

And I am STUNNED that they still have guys that bleach their hair blonde after all these years.

Yea, they definitely don't have a "we've been there before" look from a player or fan base standpoint. The Mohawks, bleached hair, "dirty ball", etc, is cute and funny for a little league baseball team....but it looks idiotic for a SEC team. But then again, we are talking about a group of people that strives to gain personal attention. If a Mohawk, bleached head, dance, flipping off the crowd, etc, can get them a mention....they love it.

Spider-Man
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
What about building berms down the RF line and putting the bleachers in RF? Doesn't So. Carolina or Arkansas have some bleachers in RF/LF? I like that better than a "hang out" area beyond the fence. Put 'em on the foul lines.

Spider-Man
04-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Something like this, but in RF would be awesome.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/302013/Carolina_Stadium.jpg

Coach34
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Something like this, but in RF would be awesome.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/302013/Carolina_Stadium.jpg

absolutely- we just have to use some sense and we could easily make the game experience at Dudy-Noble so much better

Homedawg
04-19-2013, 12:53 PM
when an ex UM ball player, who by the way was very very good there, says the majority of their fans have ZERO baseball knowledge .... thats all I needed to know about that.. prime example is they are all calling for Bianco's head.. PLEASE let them get rid of him.. I understand he has yet to make to Omaha but they arent finding anyone better than him.. It would be a huge step back in their program if they get rid of him.

Oh that's so on the money! Please please fire him. They don't remember what it was before him- not pretty.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Did this player happen to start his college career at State?

Pollodawg
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Speaking of the bears, I had one--with a straight face--try to convince me that OM was a top five baseball school. Um......no. You have good facilities, but top five baseball schools don't go 41 years without a trip to Omaha.

biscuit
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Top 5 my arse. Maybe in attendance, but butts in the seats never won a game....ie Stony Brook and any other program that's been to Omaha since 71 or 70 or whenever the heck they got there last.

engie
04-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Speaking of the bears, I had one--with a straight face--try to convince me that OM was a top five baseball school. Um......no. You have good facilities, but top five baseball schools don't go 41 years without a trip to Omaha.

Same argument been ongoing over here for awhile. I don't believe a single one of their fans ever actually admitted that it wasn't a top 5 job. They see top 5 attendance and think that's all it takes to define their program...

http://www.sectalk.com/board/topic/105749-im-just-going-to-say-it/

dickiedawg
04-19-2013, 01:54 PM

Yes, but you don't pay the same for SEC weekend games as you do for Grambling State on a Tuesday in February. There are a lot of $2 games and the SEC games are $10.

mic
04-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Did this player happen to start his college career at State?

no..

mic
04-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Top 5 my arse. Maybe in attendance, but butts in the seats never won a game....ie Stony Brook and any other program that's been to Omaha since 71 or 70 or whenever the heck they got there last.

Their attendance numbers are inflated. or at least they were years back. Always est attendance. the right field used to be free admission. not sure what it is now..

mic
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM

They arent top 5 in the SEC IMO..
LSU
USC
Fla
MSU
Ark