PDA

View Full Version : Bednar tonight...

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 03:12 PM
You have to assume Texas will attempt to make some adjustments. Maybe try taking the fastball up and try to draw walks, or sit fastball and try to bomb the high heater and hope Bednar lost some velocity...who knows. But assuming they adjust, what adjustments could/should we be prepared to see from Foxhall and Bednar to counter it. Surely they have a counter attack plan

Captain Falcon
06-26-2021, 03:16 PM
You pound the dang strike zone and don’t get too cute. Walks killed us last night. They are not a great HITTING team, but they are an excellent base running team and they have enough offense to make you hurt if you give them an inch.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 03:20 PM
You pound the dang strike zone and don’t get too cute. Walks killed us last night. They are not a great HITTING team, but they are an excellent base running team and they have enough offense to make you hurt if you give them an inch.

I agree with this. I hate nibbling. This is a huge ballpark and the wind will probably be blowing in. Trust your stuff and attack. We didn't lose last night because of their hitting we lost because of walks and a lost pop up. Pound the strike zone! Texas not great hitting and strikes out a lot. Don't nibble!

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 03:39 PM
They are definitely going to attempt to see the ball down and take above the belt. We can try to neutralize that by throwin breaking balls for strikes and then going back with the high heat off of that.

But at the end of the day if we make them earn what they get we should be ok. They’re gonna be very high comin into this game but, as they say in baseball, momentum is only as good as your next days starting pitcher.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 03:41 PM
They are definitely going to attempt to see the ball down and take above the belt. We can try to neutralize that by throwin breaking balls for strikes and then going back with the high heat off of that.

But at the end of the day if we make them earn what they get we should be ok. They’re gonna be very high comin into this game but, as they say in baseball, momentum is only as good as your next days starting pitcher.
Agreed and well said. We have to get ahead in counts where we can dictate.

Rex54
06-26-2021, 03:48 PM
Pull Bednar at 60 pitches with a 3+ lead. Pull him at 80 no matter what. Need him against Kumar Rocker Wednesday.

basedog
06-26-2021, 03:49 PM
Throw strikes, trust your stuff, no time to foul around and relax.

I'm way more concerned about our hitters than who pitches tonight.

basedog
06-26-2021, 03:50 PM
Pull Bednar at 60 pitches with a 3+ lead. Pull him at 80 no matter what. Need him against Kumar Rocker Wednesday.

There is no Wednesday playing tonight, you do whatever it takes to win the game.

mparkerfd20
06-26-2021, 03:56 PM
If we don't hit any better it doesn't matter who pitches!!!

Homedawg
06-26-2021, 03:58 PM
There is no Wednesday playing tonight, you do whatever it takes to win the game.

Just leave him alone.....

Bulldog1
06-26-2021, 04:06 PM

Lol exactly

preachermatt83
06-26-2021, 04:11 PM

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, you prove me wrong

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 04:12 PM

Yep.

basedog
06-26-2021, 04:13 PM

I was just throwing my fastball pitch right under his chin, it was my 61st pitch*

basedog
06-26-2021, 04:20 PM
Well since Ms7 says I along with others have no say on the outcome of the game, I will miss most of the start of the game due to a birthday dinner party. It's for me and my oldest granddaughter, family has to come first, when it's time to blow out the candles and making a wish, guess what my wish will be? LOL

Go Dogs tonight!

That Maroon and White cheer you guys hearing around Brandon at 6:00 need to join in and prove 7 wrong. LMBO

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 04:23 PM
Well since Ms7 says I along with others have no say on the outcome of the game, I will miss most of the start of the game due to a birthday dinner party. It's for me and my oldest granddaughter, family has to come first, when it's time to blow out the candles and making a wish, guess what my wish will be? LOL

Go Dogs tonight!

That Maroon and White cheer you guys hearing around Brandon at 6:00 need to join in and prove 7 wrong. LMBO

Happy Birthday, base. Hope the Dawgs gift you a trip to the Title series

Rex54
06-26-2021, 04:34 PM

Bednar/Sims

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 04:38 PM

Go Dogs tonight!

Happy Birthday to both of y'all!