PDA

View Full Version : On a lighter note - Tour De france

parabrave
06-26-2021, 10:35 AM
There were better wrecks in todays stage 1 than any Talledaga race.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2021, 11:07 AM
Haha!!! We went from discussing "possible cheating" in the CWS to discussing the most cheated sport ever!!! Good play!!!

I bet it was fun to watch though. I used to enjoy watching it.

parabrave
06-26-2021, 12:08 PM
Haha!!! We went from discussing "possible cheating" in the CWS to discussing the most cheated sport ever!!! Good play!!!

I bet it was fun to watch though. I used to enjoy watching it.

It was a good one 2 bad mass wrecks with the first one being caused by an idiot spectator trying to get on TV. Took out the entire pelaton.

Dawg_Lover
06-26-2021, 01:59 PM
I missed it this morning because I did not know it was starting today, darn.
Then, read about the major crash caused by the road side idiot. It is no wonder it caused many injuries, as well as one rider having to abandon the race.
Happened to read the following online ....

? DSM's German rider Jasha Sutterlin was the only one who had to pull out at that moment but several people were hurt, including spectators.
" We are suing this woman who behaved so badly," Tour deputy director Pierre-Yves Thouault told AFP.
" We are doing this so that the tiny minority of people who do this do not spoil the show for everyone," he said.
? Italian champion Sonny Colbrelli and Dutch rider Wout van Aert, who ran over Martin before falling head over heels, had both been amongst the favourites to win the first stage hilltop finish but were both badly delayed.
? Two Ineos riders Richie Porte and Tao Geoghegan Hart both lost time, while champion Tadej Pogacar saw his right hand man Marc Hirschi badly hurt.
? According to regional newspaper Ouest France the woman who was wearing a yellow jacket fled the scene and has yet to be found.

parabrave
06-26-2021, 03:09 PM
I missed it this morning because I did not know it was starting today, darn.
Then, read about the major crash caused by the road side idiot. It is no wonder it caused many injuries, as well as one rider having to abandon the race.
Happened to read the following online ....

? DSM's German rider Jasha Sutterlin was the only one who had to pull out at that moment but several people were hurt, including spectators.
" We are suing this woman who behaved so badly," Tour deputy director Pierre-Yves Thouault told AFP.
" We are doing this so that the tiny minority of people who do this do not spoil the show for everyone," he said.
? Italian champion Sonny Colbrelli and Dutch rider Wout van Aert, who ran over Martin before falling head over heels, had both been amongst the favourites to win the first stage hilltop finish but were both badly delayed.
? Two Ineos riders Richie Porte and Tao Geoghegan Hart both lost time, while champion Tadej Pogacar saw his right hand man Marc Hirschi badly hurt.
? According to regional newspaper Ouest France the woman who was wearing a yellow jacket fled the scene and has yet to be found.

and it Fd up Chris Froome who was coming back from major injuries.