PDA

View Full Version : Final thought on this NC State thing...

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 10:24 AM
I think it would be the right thing to do if Lemo and Pierce got together this morning and requested Vandy players be tested since one of them will be facing them Monday, and since 4 players that were vaccinated tested positive.

I also think the NC State team should uniform up and sit right behind home plate as a team in the stands tonight in protest. After all, there's no testing required to sit in the stands in Omaha, just to play. It would be cool and also be a big spotlight on the hypocrisy of the whole situation. Would show the world that the NCAA is fine using Covid to ruin athletes and teams seasons, but are totally fine with 30,000 people sitting untested in the stands paying for tickets and concessions and filling the NCAA's pockets.

parabrave
06-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Yep

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 10:30 AM
Good idea, but ESPN isn't going to promote it, highlight it, and although they can't find a way to ban the ****ing Whistler, they'll find a way to keep these guys out under some NCAA rule.

Dildoes
06-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Not that this would surprise anyone, but it would be insanely hypocritical of the NCAA to not also force Vandy to get tested now. They came into close contact with a team yesterday that had positive cases. Not only that, but the COVID incubation period is anywhere between 2 to 14 days, so there's a VERY strong argument that they could be infected and not even test positive until the middle of next week. If they're concerned for the safety of the players, they either have to move the games or force Vandy to forfeit too.

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 10:42 AM
Not that this would surprise anyone, but it would be insanely hypocritical of the NCAA to not also force Vandy to get tested now. They came into close contact with a team yesterday that had positive cases. Not only that, but the COVID incubation period is anywhere between 2 to 14 days, so there's a VERY strong argument that they could be infected and not even test positive until the middle of next week. If they're concerned for the safety of the players, they either have to move the games or force Vandy to forfeit too.

Good points. I thought you were the Whistler before I read your post, based on your username

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-26-2021, 10:44 AM
If vaccinated people on one team are tested, all should be tested. Again, no consistency or common sense in this whole deal b

parabrave
06-26-2021, 10:48 AM
Good idea, but ESPN isn't going to promote it, highlight it, and although they can't find a way to ban the ****ing Whistler, they'll find a way to keep these guys out under some NCAA rule.

3 ways to stop the whistler. If we play them surround the Ahole and bell ring him til he is deaf, If Texas wins they can surround him and sing the eyes of Texas all game long. Or Every NCState fan surround them with airhorns.

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-26-2021, 10:50 AM
The minute full attendance was allowed with no restrictions, testing should have stopped

EdwardDrayton
06-26-2021, 10:55 AM
The NCAA?s decision to rule out NC State is saturated with hypocrisy. Shame on them for taking away these young mens? earned opportunity to compete at the highest level.

grinnindawg
06-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Came on here to post this:
MSU or UT should insist every Vandy player, coach, manager, hotel staff, friends and family they've been in contact with have 2 negative C19 tests separated by 24h before taking the field.

What with all the close contact they've recently had with NC state.

Joebob
06-26-2021, 12:18 PM
Came on here to post this:
MSU or UT should insist every Vandy player, coach, manager, hotel staff, friends and family they've been in contact with have 2 negative C19 tests separated by 24h before taking the field.

What with all the close contact they've recently had with NC state.

If they've been vaccinated, there's no need to test them. Everybody needs to stop whining about this.

FriarsPoint
06-26-2021, 12:23 PM
The minute full attendance was allowed with no restrictions, testing should have stopped

☝️☝️☝️That right there.

Cowbell
06-26-2021, 12:30 PM
If they've been vaccinated, there's no need to test them. Everybody needs to stop whining about this.

You do realize 4/5 NC state players were vaccinated that tested positive

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 12:30 PM

Then why were vaccinated nc state players tested?

Quaoarsking
06-26-2021, 12:31 PM
You do realize 4/5 NC state players were vaccinated that tested positive

They should have been able to retest this morning, since that kind of ratio screams false positive (or else false vaccination status, though I'm not making that accusation).

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 12:50 PM
There's a lot of weird in this whole thing. I don't think the full story is out yet. This stinks to high heaven. The hypocrisy of the ncaa know no bounds.

SteelCurtain74
06-26-2021, 01:01 PM
I'm curious if the NCAA was hoping that NC State would have voluntarily forfeited yesterday's game. I would tend to think this outcome was already a done deal before yesterday's game but because it was so close to game time the NCAA couldn't pull the plug once NC State decided not to cry uncle. The fact that they make this decision at 2 AM makes me think NC State had no shot of advancing if they didn't win yesterday.

RocketDawg
06-26-2021, 01:04 PM
Just tuned in to the NC State/Vandy game. Was it canceled? Supposed to be on ESPN.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:09 PM
I'm curious if the NCAA was hoping that NC State would have voluntarily forfeited yesterday's game. I would tend to think this outcome was already a done deal before yesterday's game but because it was so close to game time the NCAA couldn't pull the plug once NC State decided not to cry uncle. The fact that they make this decision at 2 AM makes me think NC State had no shot of advancing if they didn't win yesterday.

Yeah this whole thing has turned into a giant cluster. Leave it to the ncaa to screw it up.

Bass Chaser
06-26-2021, 01:10 PM
Then why were vaccinated nc state players tested?

The way I understand the NCAA protocol is that if you have one unvaccinated person on the team that person is subject to testing. If they test positive then the whole team is subject to testing and protocol whether they're vaccinated or not.

MetEdDawg
06-26-2021, 01:33 PM
The way I understand the NCAA protocol is that if you have one unvaccinated person on the team that person is subject to testing. If they test positive then the whole team is subject to testing and protocol whether they're vaccinated or not.

That's correct. The policy was that if it was deemed that there was a need to test previously vaccinated individuals based on unvaccinated positives, the NCAA would do that.

Otherwise they wouldn't test vaccinated individuals. It's gray in there as to what would qualify as being a necessity or reason to test vaccinated individuals. But because of the positives from the unvaccinated players, that opened up the testing of vaccinated players.

Percho
06-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Jimmy Chitwood:
I play, coach stays. He goes, I go.

If I were a player on a team that is still there.

My bags would be packed and O.M.A.H.A. would be in my rear view mirror.

Percho
06-26-2021, 03:25 PM
I believe Patrick Henry would feel the same way.

Percho
06-26-2021, 03:26 PM
This is not about baseball.

Percho
06-26-2021, 03:28 PM
It is also not about health.

Any ones.

RougeDawg
06-26-2021, 04:14 PM
They should have been able to retest this morning, since that kind of ratio screams false positive (or else false vaccination status, though I'm not making that accusation).

Dude do you have a TV, newspaper, or access to the internet? People are testing positive all over the country after receiving these ?vaccines?. People who have already had Covid are dying after receiving these ?vaccines?. Seems to be some type of internal immune system battle initiated. Haven?t had time to research which proteins and their structure differences.

Secondly, so people who get the flu ?vaccine? so not contract the flu afterward? Lots of people who get the flu shot have much worse symptoms if they get the flu.

Lastly, even if someone were ever to develop a vaccine for stupidity and arrogance, and every single OM fan received it, there would still be a large portion of their fan base that would contract ?stupidity and arrogance? every sports season.