PDA

View Full Version : Suck it up

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 09:05 AM
One thing this team is good at is over coming adversity and being resilient. In hindsight maybe sims should have been brought in in the 9th. But the reality is that even if he was it?d still been a delay and he would have only thrown 1 inning. So somebody else was going to hafta step up anyway.

The good news is that Texas top 4 arms should be shot. I don?t think bednar completely shoves like he did Sunday but we should definitely have the advantage and if the offense has just a little spark left we should be fine.

Of course, then you?ve gotta deal with the BS that is vandy having the title series gift wrapped and placed on a silver platter for them. They are due some shitty luck and hopefully we are the team to deliver it to them. Gotta get their first!

Hambone
06-26-2021, 09:07 AM
Let’s get up big in 3 innings and pull Bednar and bullpen this game!

KOdawg1
06-26-2021, 09:10 AM
I actually feel good about tonight. I'm just pissed that our chances of winning it all are now slim due to us having to use Bednar today and the NCAA gifting Vandy an off day. But let's just get there and see what happens. I know one thing. If we make it to the championship, the entire country (except Lafayette County) will be rooting for us. That's gotta count for something.

WinningIsRelentless
06-26-2021, 09:13 AM
As a coach in our situation last night you can?t let the present situation cloud your judgement for the big picture. I?m sure it was decided well before the game last night that Sims wasn?t entering the game at any point unless we had the lead because we had one game to play with.

Now today you use him in whatever roll you need to use him to get to Monday. So don?t be surprised if he isn?t used as a closer today and is brought in during the middle innings to try and hold a lead or shutdown a rally.

Coaches have to see the big picture. We have talked about it all week with why Bianco hasn?t been more successful at Ole Miss with the talent he has recruited. He doesn?t see the big picture.

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 09:14 AM
I actually feel good about tonight. I'm just pissed that our chances of winning it all are now slim due to us having to use Bednar today and the NCAA gifting Vandy an off day. But let's just get there and see what happens. I know one thing. If we make it to the championship, the entire country (except Lafayette County) will be rooting for us. That's gotta count for something.

Yep.

We earned the right to have the advantage if it went this far. And we definitely have the advantage. And that’s what sucks about the vandy situation…they didn’t earn their advantage. And they will have a huge one over whoever comes out of tonites game.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2021, 09:39 AM

Hear, hear.

This team has responded EVERY SINGLE TIME this year. No reason to believe they won't do the same tonight. Just get to the finals and lets roll. Winning through Vandy would make it even sweeter.

Maroonthirteen
06-26-2021, 09:47 AM
What is Texas pitching situation today? Who is the anticipated starter?

Madden is spent obviously. The left hander threw Thursday. But I didn't really watch that Thursday game to see how deep they went into the pen.

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 09:52 AM
What is Texas pitching situation today? Who is the anticipated starter?

Madden is spent obviously. The left hander threw Thursday. But I didn't really watch that Thursday game to see how deep they went into the pen.

I’d be surprised if Hansen could go more than an inning if that. Nixon has thrown the last two games and was not sharp last nite. Witt has thrown a lot this week including last nite and he was not sharp. That’s their 4 best. I’m sure they’ve got guys with potential availability but we easily have the advantage at first glance

basedog
06-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Forget this crap about Vandy right now, it's always one game at a time. If we don't hit we go home, that mis played pop fly was the difference or game changer last night. I feel for Stinnett today, he has been iffy wild most of the year, walks are a killer. Too bad mother nature didn't show up 10 minutes sooner last night!

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 09:57 AM
I agree with you, Shoeless. We have now vented about the obvious negatives and Vandy's undeserved advantages, but now it's time for us to flip into support mode on here, on social media, and in person to help drive these guys. We are capable of beating Vandy without Bednar, look at what NC State did with 13 guys yesterday. But in order to beat those bastards and soak in that feeling, we have to get there. Let's go Dawgs, jump on them early and often and put your foot on their throat. Make it a no doubter tonight

Maroonthirteen
06-26-2021, 10:17 AM
I'm guessing they start, Tristan Stevens. Just a guess. ...and probably bring in Nixon again.

SilentSteel16
06-26-2021, 10:19 AM
I agree with you, Shoeless. We have now vented about the obvious negatives and Vandy's undeserved advantages, but now it's time for us to flip into support mode on here, on social media, and in person to help drive these guys. We are capable of beating Vandy without Bednar, look at what NC State did with 13 guys yesterday. But in order to beat those bastards and soak in that feeling, we have to get there. Let's go Dawgs, jump on them early and often and put your foot on their throat. Make it a no doubter tonight

This all day long !!

ScoobaDawg
06-26-2021, 10:34 AM

Indeed. We can't let 2018 happen again. We badly need to take the next step forward.

DawgFromOxford
06-26-2021, 10:57 AM
Time to put up or shut up. The situation is what it is. We can either make excuses which is what losers do or we can go out there and make it happen. Let's take it to Texas today. Win it all this year and there's no asterisk next to the win.

Saltydog
06-26-2021, 12:26 PM
One thing this team is good at is over coming adversity and being resilient. In hindsight maybe sims should have been brought in in the 9th. But the reality is that even if he was it?d still been a delay and he would have only thrown 1 inning. So somebody else was going to hafta step up anyway.

The good news is that Texas top 4 arms should be shot. I don?t think bednar completely shoves like he did Sunday but we should definitely have the advantage and if the offense has just a little spark left we should be fine.

Of course, then you?ve gotta deal with the BS that is vandy having the title series gift wrapped and placed on a silver platter for them. They are due some shitty luck and hopefully we are the team to deliver it to them. Gotta get their first!

We?re good but not good enough to overcome all of this?.And that?s with our elite pitching staff and all the power arms we have??Rex was right?..

Jack Lambert
06-26-2021, 01:08 PM
To really be fair and I know the NCAA is not fair but the loser tonight should have to play Vandy tomorrow for a chance to play in the Championship round. I am so sick of Vandy. I really despise that arrogant looking coach and his stupid hat.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:13 PM
Forget this crap about Vandy right now, it's always one game at a time. If we don't hit we go home, that mis played pop fly was the difference or game changer last night. I feel for Stinnett today, he has been iffy wild most of the year, walks are a killer. Too bad mother nature didn't show up 10 minutes sooner last night!

As always you're dead on man! Let's go get this one today! These kids got big stones and they've showed it all year! As Tanner Allen says "It don't matter!

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing they start, Tristan Stevens. Just a guess. ...and probably bring in Nixon again.

It'll probably be Stevens and he got hammered by Tennessee Tuesday.