PDA

View Full Version : it wasn't as simple as being vaccinated...

ScoobaDawg
06-26-2021, 02:39 AM
2 tested positive. un vaccinated. tested whole team. 4 vaccinated positive.

https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/1408689216964501506

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 02:45 AM
Yep I said this earlier today that even if vaccinated and you tested positive that you could be placed in covid protocol.

The vaccination doesn't guarantee you won't get covid just that the effects will be greatly reduced

Cowbell
06-26-2021, 02:51 AM
According to some sources, Corbin requested testing after line-up cards resulting in the last minute testing before the game. We should return the favor should we win tonight

ScoobaDawg
06-26-2021, 03:09 AM
According to some sources, Corbin requested testing after line-up cards resulting in the last minute testing before the game. We should return the favor should we win tonight

I can't see how that is true.. just too far out there.

Rex54
06-26-2021, 03:26 AM
Doesn't seem like that's a very effective vax they got if that's the case. MORE reason to test all of Vandy's players then.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 06:09 AM
4 healthy, young, vaccinated athletes tested positive for covid19. Tell me again why we're pushing healthy, not-at-risk people to get a vaccine that apparently isn't that effective. If you assume that the only players that are unvaccinated are the 2 and the other 23 are vaccinated (not likely), then 4 of 23 (17.4%) of your vaccinated sample of totally-not-at-risk people tested positive anyway, and they spread it too.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 06:38 AM
2 tested positive. un vaccinated. tested whole team. 4 vaccinated positive.

https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/1408689216964501506

But, but, but everyone must get the vaccine. I mean if these guys cared about their teammates they would get the vaccine, oh wait. What a crock of shit. Was a "no contest" part of the COVID protocols or we just making shit up again as we go?

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2021, 06:49 AM
Why the hell can you play the day before but not today?

Just another crock of shit put on over this fraud. And we will all sit and take it like good little boys and girls. If anyone had any balls they would pack up their shit and go home. They have stained this tournament. Almost makes me not even wanna play it anymore

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2021, 06:51 AM
And they should 100 percent test Vandys kids, and IF Corbin has the ability to demand the other team to test I would never play them again. I thought we were all playing by the same rules? Oh wait Vandy hasnt been.

17 Vandy and 17 whoever decided this bullshit

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2021, 06:55 AM
I thought if a player was vaccinated they were exempt from testing. This more make the rules up as I go? If Corbin did demand it then that showed he was scared shitless of NC State and you can expect the same thing in the championship series against whoever they face.

Rex54
06-26-2021, 06:55 AM
If there were any actual guidelines being followed then Vandy MUST be quarantined due to exposure. That's a simple fact.

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 07:00 AM
4 healthy, young, vaccinated athletes tested positive for covid19. Tell me again why we're pushing healthy, not-at-risk people to get a vaccine that apparently isn't that effective. If you assume that the only players that are unvaccinated are the 2 and the other 23 are vaccinated (not likely), then 4 of 23 (17.4%) of your vaccinated sample of totally-not-at-risk people tested positive anyway, and they spread it too.

The vaccine is very effective for the purpose of greatly diminishing the pandemic. Now you can question the policies of the CWS/NCAA, but just because 4 vaccinated people tested positive doesn't mean it's "not that effective."

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 07:02 AM
If there were any actual guidelines being followed then Vandy MUST be quarantined due to exposure. That's a simple fact.

That's what I don't understand. If they are testing vaccinated players on NC state why is Vanderbilt good if they just shared spit balls with them yesterday? I'm not sure this story is done yet

msstate7
06-26-2021, 07:02 AM
The vaccine is very effective for the purpose of greatly diminishing the pandemic. Now you can question the policies of the CWS/NCAA, but just because 4 vaccinated people tested positive doesn't mean it's "not that effective."

How many vaccinated players are on nc state? Let's calculate how effective it was on that sample

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 07:10 AM
How many vaccinated players are on nc state? Let's calculate how effective it was on that sample

If you actually look at data instead of making sensational takes you would know that people can still get the virus. This was known from the very initial trial. It's significantly reduced severe cases, hospitalizations and deaths; which was the whole point when they came out with it. Im sorry it wasn't designed specifically for the college World Series. Again, question the testing policies, but it's a bad take in general to say the vaccine is lousy.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 07:13 AM
If you actually look at data instead of making sensational takes you would know that people can still get the virus. This was known from the very initial trial. It's significantly reduced severe cases, hospitalizations and deaths; which was the whole point when they came out with it. Im sorry it wasn't designed specifically for the college World Series. Again, question the testing policies, but it's a bad take in general to say the vaccine is lousy.

I have no problem with people getting the virus. Hell, I encouraged my parents to get it. To basically require not-at-risk kids to get it is beyond dumb though. College age kids are not at risk. Now the government is pushing it on little kids.

ETA... and I knew you could get and spread the virus fully-vaccinated. Hell, I stated that in the other thread on this last night, and Qking and liver said I was wrong bc I'm sure an analyst on cnn said that's not right

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 07:15 AM

Trust the science, not social-science. It's like we're picking the stats that make our case on either side. What are the long term effects of the vaccine, especially on young people who are still developing? Did they ask all the fans if they were vaccinated when they allowed 100% capacity? I guess we should expect an outbreak after Omaha, right?

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 07:20 AM
I have no problem with people getting the virus. Hell, I encouraged my parents to get it. To basically require not-at-risk kids to get it is beyond dumb though. College age kids are not at risk. Now the government is pushing it on little kids.

I don't really disagree with that. That's why I say question the policies. In my opinion, once you decide to have the tournament and full capacity fans, continuing to test seems silly. Apparently the Jarrett kid was pretty symptomatic, so at the end of the day you can't really hide that.

Quaoarsking
06-26-2021, 07:27 AM

ETA... and I knew you could get and spread the virus fully-vaccinated. Hell, I stated that in the other thread on this last night, and Qking and liver said I was wrong bc I'm sure an analyst on cnn said that's not right

What the hell? Don't misquote me. I said you were RIGHT, just that it's not common.

And LOL at the idea of me ever watching tabloid trash like CNN...

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 07:28 AM
Trust the science, not social-science. It's like we're picking the stats that make our case on either side. What are the long term effects of the vaccine, especially on young people who are still developing? Did they ask all the fans if they were vaccinated when they allowed 100% capacity? I guess we should expect an outbreak after Omaha, right?

I'll answer them as scientifically as possible.

What are the long term effects of vaccine? We don't know and don't have that data. Judging based on similar vaccines it's probably safe but I cannot guarantee that of course.

Did they ask fans to be vaccinated? Again, question the policies, not the vaccine efficacy. I think if you are going ahead with the event full capacity testing is kind of stupid.

Outbreak after Omaha? Probably not if a large portion of the people attending or live in Omaha have been vaccinated

msstate7
06-26-2021, 07:33 AM
What the hell? Don't misquote me. I said you were RIGHT, just that it's not common.

And LOL at the idea of me ever watching tabloid trash like CNN...

You said it very unlikely. I guess I took unlikely the wrong way. Apologies

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 07:36 AM
I'll answer them as scientifically as possible.

What are the long term effects of vaccine? We don't know and don't have that data. Judging based on similar vaccines it's probably safe but I cannot guarantee that of course.

Did they ask fans to be vaccinated? Again, question the policies, not the vaccine efficacy. I think if you are going ahead with the event full capacity testing is kind of stupid.

Outbreak after Omaha? Probably not if a large portion of the people attending or live in Omaha have been vaccinated

I appreciate that response. It actually sounds like someone is willing to have a conversation and not a debate, which seems hard to do in today's times. I think the only thing consistent about all things related COVID is the inconsistency of all of it.

How are we supposed to reach "herd immunity" if the vaccinated can still get it and spread it?

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 07:47 AM
But, but, but everyone must get the vaccine. I mean if these guys cared about their teammates they would get the vaccine, oh wait. What a crock of shit. Was a "no contest" part of the COVID protocols or we just making shit up again as we go?

Been saying this for months. People just keep making stuff up to power over others. Same thing with masks BS. First honest media was dead now science is dead.

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 08:00 AM
I appreciate that response. It actually sounds like someone is willing to have a conversation and not a debate, which seems hard to do in today's times. I think the only thing consistent about all things related COVID is the inconsistency of all of it.

How are we supposed to reach "herd immunity" if the vaccinated can still get it and spread it?

That's a good question. We do know you are less likely to get the infection but definitely less likely to have severe infection if you've had the vaccine. Herd immunity at a basic level of do you have the virus or not might be a bad goal to shoot for. We probably still have a lot of asymptomatic cases now because these people aren't going to be tested. Ultimately though less people are dying and getting hospitalized which is great. I do think we are basically at a point where if you decide you want to go out and do whatever you want you can assume that risk. Everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated.

Rex54
06-26-2021, 08:28 AM
Judging based on similar vaccines

Brand new vaccine design for this one, correct?

Leeshouldveflanked
06-26-2021, 08:33 AM
#FauciBoys

MrCoachKlein
06-26-2021, 08:34 AM

What data can you look at that isn't tainted? They're still doing the PCR test at way too many cycles on unvaxed people while running it at a lesser number of cycles on vaxed. The guy who came up with the PCR test said it's fraudulent to use it as a detection method.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/inventor-of-covid-test-calls-fauci-a-liar-says-it-doesnt-tell-you-that-youre-sick

The only fair way now would be to push the series back, but that might hurt us even more since they would have rocker on full rest then.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:44 AM
Brand new vaccine design for this one, correct?

Well it isn't a vaccine and it is a new genetic man made type shot. They have mislabeled and lied to the public about it. People need to wake up.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:46 AM
What data can you look at that isn't tainted? They're still doing the PCR test at way too many cycles on unvaxed people while running it at a lesser number of cycles on vaxed. The guy who came up with the PCR test said it's fraudulent to use it as a detection method.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/inventor-of-covid-test-calls-fauci-a-liar-says-it-doesnt-tell-you-that-youre-sick

The only fair way now would be to push the series back, but that might hurt us even more since they would have rocker on full rest then.

Agree. They treat vac people and non vac people totally different. PCR and other tests true as well.

If they wanted to do the right thing just push CWS out or make Vandy play loser of tonights game to earn their way to finals.

chef dixon
06-26-2021, 09:08 AM

Come on man. That website isn't "data." I'm talking about data on how effective the vaccine is in real trials published in medical journals. Journals that weren't all that controversial before the pandemic. It also makes sense less vaccinated people are being tested because even if they have it their symptoms are likely to mild if any at all.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 09:15 AM
That's a good question. We do know you are less likely to get the infection but definitely less likely to have severe infection if you've had the vaccine. Herd immunity at a basic level of do you have the virus or not might be a bad goal to shoot for. We probably still have a lot of asymptomatic cases now because these people aren't going to be tested. Ultimately though less people are dying and getting hospitalized which is great. I do think we are basically at a point where if you decide you want to go out and do whatever you want you can assume that risk. Everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated.

Right. So it looks like it will be an annual vaccine similar to the flu. How long does the stigma attached to COVID last if it has similar mortality rates to the flu?

shoeless joe
06-26-2021, 09:28 AM
Yesterday several on here were saying how nc state knew the rules coming in…fair enough…can’t argue that. But what can now be questioned is, did the ncaa have a protocol set up for this situation and did they follow that particular protocol to get to this result. If the answer is yes then I say rock on. But I’m very suspicious as to whether that is the case.

Rex54
06-26-2021, 09:38 AM
Right. So it looks like it will be an annual vaccine similar to the flu. How long does the stigma attached to COVID last if it has similar mortality rates to the flu?
Good. I can refuse to get it every year now!

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2021, 09:43 AM

Well, we know from our experience from influenza over the past century, that as humans build immunity to it, and science develops treatments and vaccines, that the stigma lessens. Too many are expecting decades worth of research and science to be compressed instantly for COVID and it ain’t going to happen- what has already been accomplished with it scientifically is damned impressive.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 09:55 AM
Well, we know from our experience from influenza over the past century, that as humans build immunity to it, and science develops treatments and vaccines, that the stigma lessens. Too many are expecting decades worth of research and science to be compressed instantly for COVID and it ain?t going to happen- what has already been accomplished with it scientifically is damned impressive.

If you believe it was lab leaked, we probably had more research on covid19 than we think

HaggardDawg
06-26-2021, 10:08 AM
For tonight?s game, the team should have red MAGA style hats made up that say Free NC State. We need to stand up to this bullshit.