PDA

View Full Version : We are cursed

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 01:43 AM
All I can hope for is that we pull off the win tomorrow and then use the motivation of having the world on our side in the Finals rooting for us to beat those lucky cheating shit bags from Nashville. We will have to play out of our minds to win 3 more, but it's doable. We need our offense to EXPLODE tomorrow early, so we can pull Bednar as early as possible. Maybe even try to win it without using Sims and let Sims start a game in the Finals....whatever we have to do.

Bednar tomorrow (hopefully win)

MacLeod versus Leiter, probably a loss
Hootie/Wholestaff versus their #3
Bednar versus Kumar game 3

That's our only hope now. Makes me wish we had brought Sims in really bad in the 9th. Also now makes Rex look right about pitching Will tonight instead of Hootie. To me Hootie made sense when Vandy was having to play tomorrow, but now that they've been gifted, it makes you wish you could have a mulligan. Lemonis should demand the Championship series be pushed back to next weekend if we make it. It's unfair that we strategized based on them having to play, and then they got a free pass. Such Bullshit. We are so snakebit man, it's brutal. And it is gut wrenching thinking about NC State....at least we still get to compete, regardless of how tough it may now be

TNDawg35
06-26-2021, 01:48 AM
I wouldn’t mind starting Cade Smith game 1 or 2. Dude was pumping gas tonight.

TNDawg35
06-26-2021, 01:50 AM
It’s bullshit, it really is. Vandy should have had to burn Leiter tom and now they get to save him. Now we would have prolly seen him hame 3, but we have beat him before. Now they set up perfect for them. Leiter, Rocker, (the freshman they have)

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:51 AM
This team has accomplished so much this year and more especially when they've been challenged and looked like they were down and out. I think this team plays better when it's nut cuttin time. I ain't counting this bunch out of anything. It's gonna require extreme focus but this is when this team been at its best this year.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:52 AM
Vandy wasn't gonna pitch leiter tomorrow they were going with some lefty. I'm sure he would've been available but he wasn't starting

wasabaka
06-26-2021, 01:53 AM
All I can hope for is that we pull off the win tomorrow and then use the motivation of having the world on our side in the Finals rooting for us to beat those lucky cheating shit bags from Nashville. We will have to play out of our minds to win 3 more, but it's doable. We need our offense to EXPLODE tomorrow early, so we can pull Bednar as early as possible. Maybe even try to win it without using Sims and let Sims start a game in the Finals....whatever we have to do.

Bednar tomorrow (hopefully win)

MacLeod versus Leiter, probably a loss
Hootie/Wholestaff versus their #3
Bednar versus Kumar game 3

That's our only hope now. Makes me wish we had brought Sims in really bad in the 9th. Also now makes Rex look right about pitching Will tonight instead of Hootie. To me Hootie made sense when Vandy was having to play tomorrow, but now that they've been gifted, it makes you wish you could have a mulligan. Lemonis should demand the Championship series be pushed back to next weekend if we make it. It's unfair that we strategized based on them having to play, and then they got a free pass. Such Bullshit. We are so snakebit man, it's brutal. And it is gut wrenching thinking about NC State....at least we still get to compete, regardless of how tough it may now be

How have we not learned this lesson yet? Hope is a dangerous thing. I’m tired of all this character building by being a State fan. How long do I have to build?

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 01:54 AM
This team has accomplished so much this year and more especially when they've been challenged and looked like they were down and out. I think this team plays better when it's nut cuttin time. I ain't counting this bunch out of anything. It's gonna require extreme focus but this is when this team been at its best this year.

I agree. One things for sure, it should bring our whole fan base together and we will be behind these guys like never before. It's time to shove it up the NCAA and Vandy's ass.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:54 AM
I agree. One things for sure, it should bring our whole fan base together and we will be behind these guys like never before. It's time to shove it up the NCAA and Vandy's ass.

Amen to that brother!

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 01:55 AM
Vandy wasn't gonna pitch leiter tomorrow they were going with some lefty. I'm sure he would've been available but he wasn't starting

You sure? Makes me feel a smidge better if so

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:56 AM
You sure? Makes me feel a smidge better if so

Yeah I heard Peterson talking about it earlier Corbin said he'd be available but wouldn't start. They were confident Beating half a team without using leiter

CadaverDawg
06-26-2021, 01:58 AM
Yeah I heard Peterson talking about it earlier Corbin said he'd be available but wouldn't start. They were confident Beating half a team without using leiter

Makes sense. I thought NC State might get players back tomorrow after testing, but I guess they weren't going to

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 02:01 AM
Makes sense. I thought NC State might get players back tomorrow after testing, but I guess they weren't going to

Yeah sounds like Corbin knew it too.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 02:02 AM
Heck Vandy medical is probably in charge of all covid testing lol

Rex54
06-26-2021, 03:34 AM
Also now makes Rex look right about pitching Will tonight
"I don't want there to even be the possibility that the only time we see Bednar in the finals is on 3 days rest"
- Rex54

Cooterpoot
06-26-2021, 06:02 AM
I wouldn?t mind starting Cade Smith game 1 or 2. Dude was pumping gas tonight.

We don't have a choice. Hell, we might not have a single starter available to start the series. We totally mismanaged everything. The championship series should be postponed to give both teams a full pitching staff. But hell, we can't hit anyway.

basedog
06-26-2021, 06:02 AM
We lost not who started the game, but when you give up 9 walks chances are you are going to lose. I'm not blaming our staff for pitching Hardy, he was competitive and we tied the game late only to see walks and add to our misery. We had our chances with bases loaded and one out.

I like our chances Saturday, we gotta hit and we haven't really done much in the last last 3 games.

One game at a time now, as we saw last night anything can happen.

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2021, 06:08 AM
It’s bullshit, it really is. Vandy should have had to burn Leiter tom and now they get to save him. Now we would have prolly seen him hame 3, but we have beat him before. Now they set up perfect for them. Leiter, Rocker, (the freshman they have)

This is the 2021 version of the line drive off the leg. Think about it. Every game they've played here they either lost or should have lost. Took 12 innings to beat AZ. Took a massive choke job by Stanford to get past them down to their last out. Yesterday against a group of scrubs they had to fight to the very end. Rocker and Leiter effectiveness has been due to getting strike calls on balls in the other batter's box.

And with all this you that greasy pedophile looking asshat the Whistler just soaking it all up being a complete dickhead and thinking his team is this superior juggernaut (not that he has ever used that word or knows what it means) and that his whistling is a rallying cry from God himself. And all this doesn't even include the 238 scholarships they have. I hate Vandy. Hate everything about them. Every sport. No redeeming value whatsoever. Basketball they've got that dumbass elevated court. Football they're a damn D3 wannabe and give everybody they play a guaranteed sec win. Holy shit. Pass the Tylenol.

Cooterpoot
06-26-2021, 06:26 AM
I'll worry about Vandy if we get there. This thing should always be setup to give teams a chance to have all their pitching. It's the only championship where teams must play without their best players, & it's just bad for the sport.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 07:26 AM
Ha watch. We'll have someone test positive and it will be Texas and Vandy,

Irondawg
06-26-2021, 08:13 AM
The championship series schedule has always been stupid. It should be 4 days after the bracket games so teams can ride or die with their normal staff

Todd4State
06-26-2021, 09:14 AM
The mistake wasn't starting Hootie. The mistake was not bringing in Sims to start the 9th. If we get eliminated that is the mistake that cost us.

Activated Alpha
06-26-2021, 09:26 AM
Here are the things that needs to happen. First DownwardDog does not need to watch this game at all. If anyone knows him, ya need to take him to the woods and drink some beers. Two, Rex is absolutely barred from starting the game thread. I know we have responded all year with our backs against the wall, but this game just doesn't sit well with me. Our bats have gone cold at the worst time. Hopefully we can score a bunch of runs in order to save Sims.

Mjoelner34
06-26-2021, 09:42 AM
The mistake wasn't starting Hootie. The mistake was not bringing in Sims to start the 9th. If we get eliminated that is the mistake that cost us.

If we catch a pop-up, Sims is in there in the 9th. The missed pop-up was the mistake that may replace the curse of Gene Morgan's ankle.

basedog
06-26-2021, 09:45 AM
If we catch a pop-up, Sims is in there in the 9th. The missed pop-up was the mistake that may replace the curse of Gene Morgan's ankle.

Yes, it was the play of the game difference.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2021, 01:39 PM

Yeah that was when the game really turned. I hate it for rowdey.

The Federalist Engineer
06-26-2021, 01:44 PM

Did not have the lead. It would have been a gamble, that could have paid, but not a mistake.

Can’t let the result of the decision influence the quality of the decision

DeltaChicagoDog
06-26-2021, 01:53 PM
Here are the things that needs to happen. First DownwardDog does not need to watch this game at all. If anyone knows him, ya need to take him to the woods and drink some beers. Two, Rex is absolutely barred from starting the game thread. I know we have responded all year with our backs against the wall, but this game just doesn't sit well with me. Our bats have gone cold at the worst time. Hopefully we can score a bunch of runs in order to save Sims.

Someone finally talking some sense around here. We all must do our part.

Jack Lambert
06-26-2021, 02:14 PM
Making our guys pitch top of the ninth in the rain was BS. I wonder what BS they are going to try tonight. Vandy was in contact with NC State two games. Why are they not in protocol?

RougeDawg
06-26-2021, 04:30 PM
Making our guys pitch top of the ninth in the rain was BS. I wonder what BS they are going to try tonight. Vandy was in contact with NC State two games. Why are they not in protocol?

This exactly. Is there not a protocol to test the other team when clearly you know vaccinated players on the other team tested positive?

And who is doing this testing? Are they using the pre January 40-45 amplification cycles or the new ?CDC recommended? 33 cycles? The machines are set to 40-45 cycles unless manually changes, because these machines were not developed to determine positives for viruses. They are lab equipment designed to amplify dna/rna to a level that can be extracted and studied.

I?ve used these before. If you give me a swab of a gnats ass hair, I?ll provide you a positive of any virus you want if you let me go the full 40-45 cycles. The manufacturers of these machines told the CDC and WHO to manually reduce the cycles early on in the pandemic. Hmm. Wonder why they only recommended the change in January 2021? One can ponder that one for years, but the answers are easy.

maroonmania
06-26-2021, 05:33 PM

I was going to say the same thing. If we get eliminated tonight it will always be the lost fly ball that marks this CWS for me. Because of that one play they were able to stretch a 3-2 lead to a 5-2 lead. If that doesn't happen then we take the lead in the 8th and Sims DOES close it out. I haven't seen anything like Rowdey's play happen to any other CWS teams in many seasons of watching play at TD Ameritrade. That kind of thing just can't happen in a critical game but, like the Gene Morgan ankle shot, always happens to us. Even if we do win tonight we won't be in the same position to win the finals like we could have been had we won last night.