PDA

View Full Version : Damn Shame what happened to NC State

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-25-2021, 04:14 PM
20,000+ fans in the stands but they are still testing for Covid? I?m sick of the lack of common sense. I hope it?s the death of the ncaa

CadaverDawg
06-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Yep. 1 thing is for sure though....if we make it to the Championship Series and play Vandy, we will have the entire world behind us

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 04:20 PM
Dude the rules are in place and clear for everyone. The only issue NC State has is that they didn't do what they needed to do to remove this liability from their season. Getting the vaccine. At this point in the pandemic, it is 100% on them for not getting the vaccine. I would imagine, every single person on the team knew the risk and decided to not get the vaccine. You mentioned common sense... I am not sure if it is clicking with the antivaxers.

shoeless joe
06-25-2021, 04:23 PM
What’s really bad is that after the 3rd rockers stuff wasn’t nearly as good. Took him over 110 pitches to get thru 6 innings against half of a team.

If they’d had a full team they prolly have the lead right now.

BeardoMSU
06-25-2021, 04:23 PM
Dude the rules are in place and clear for everyone. The only issue NC State has is that they didn't do what they needed to do to remove this liability from their season. Getting the vaccine. At this point in the pandemic, it is 100% on them for not getting the vaccine. I would imagine, every single person on the team knew the risk and decided to not get the vaccine. You mentioned common sense... I am not sure if it is clicking with the antivaxers.

Word.

shoeless joe
06-25-2021, 04:24 PM

I agree that the rules were set and they knew what was at stake. BUT it can also be true that it is absurd and hypocritical to have these protocols while at the same time allowing 100% no mask capacity.

NCAA is allowing themselves to double dip…virtue signal while not taking a hit in the pocket book.

CadaverDawg
06-25-2021, 04:26 PM
I agree that the rules were set and they knew what was at stake. BUT it can also be true that it is absurd and hypocritical to have these protocols while at the same time allowing 100% no mask capacity.

NCAA is allowing themselves to double dip…virtue signal while not taking a hit in the pocket book.

Yep

BeardoMSU
06-25-2021, 04:28 PM

Absolutely. It's hypocritical and everything else you said. They still knew the rules, though. It is what it is, unfortunately.

Also, the desire of so many to not vaccinate at this point is baffling.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 04:34 PM
You're assuming nc state players haven't been vaccinated. None of us know that. The vaccine definitely helps but does not prevent infection. There's already been players in 3 major sports that were vaccinated and then tested positive and we're quarantined and not allowed to play. Yes definitely the smart move but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-25-2021, 04:54 PM

What are you guaranteed if you get the vaccine? It seems like the only thing is reduced effects from the virus. You can still get and still spread it.

But I guess if we built it in a lab, we should know how to create a vaccine to defeat it. So just take it, damnit!

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 04:56 PM

One could argue and they have argued that players, held to play for their scholarship are in a position that they are under the responsibility of the NCAA and the conferences. The fans make their own decisions on their exposure risk. That is the difference. Fans have a choice. Players are the responsibility of the NCAA.

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 04:57 PM
You're assuming nc state players haven't been vaccinated. None of us know that. The vaccine definitely helps but does not prevent infection. There's already been players in 3 major sports that were vaccinated and then tested positive and we're quarantined and not allowed to play. Yes definitely the smart move but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Vaccinated players are not subject to covid protocols.

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 04:59 PM
What are you guaranteed if you get the vaccine? It seems like the only thing is reduced effects from the virus. You can still get and still spread it.

But I guess if we built it in a lab, we should know how to create a vaccine to defeat it. So just take it, damnit!

And if all players had the vaccine the dangers of extreme effects from the virus is practically 0%. "We" didn't build it in a lab, but the 12 previous years working on Sars and Mers helped a lot.

HaggardDawg
06-25-2021, 04:59 PM
The fact you think they should have gotten vaccinated is irrelevant. It?s absurd they?re requiring 18-22yo athletes , that have a zero percent chance of having any type of complications with COVID, to be tested.

OLJWales
06-25-2021, 05:00 PM
Dont wear masks,, wear masks. Travel ban racist then it was a good idea. Accusing china racist now we know they're guilty. Politicians placing restrictions they themselves ignore. Can't go to the dentist but can buy lottery tickets. Makes no sense they can't play. But NC State does have some splainin to do.

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 05:01 PM
Absolutely. It's hypocritical and everything else you said. They still knew the rules, though. It is what it is, unfortunately.

Baffling, indeed. I would have never imagined, in this day and age, that people not wanting to get a vaccine would be a thing. A vaccine that has been taken by something like 1 billion people across the planet..... blows my mind. Basic common 17n sense.

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2021, 05:03 PM
Dont wear masks,, wear masks. Travel ban racist then it was a good idea. Accusing china racist now we know they're guilty. Politicians placing restrictions they themselves ignore. Can't go to the dentist but can buy lottery tickets. Makes no sense they can't play. But NC State does have some splainin to do.

All that stuff is bullshit. Literally. Everything you just listed is bullshit. You know mask help. You know washing your hands helps. Everything else, you falling for straight bullshit that clouds the basic issues.

It makes 100% sense that they cannot play. Covid rules in place are there for a reason.

CovertDawg
06-25-2021, 05:04 PM
I feel like Corbin owes it to the sport to pitch Leiter tomorrow even if they face the same depleted NC State Roster. This is a highly unusual situation and being gifted the title game is enough of a benefit already.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 05:07 PM
Vaccinated players are not subject to covid protocols.

They have been in other sports

ESPN had an article on it this morning along with the cws covid report. NBA players, a player in a pga championship along with various soccer players have all been placed in covid protocol after being vaccinated and testing positive. It may be different in ncaa but not in those sports

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-25-2021, 05:20 PM
But take a step back and look at 20,000 plus in the stadiums with no restrictions and then a team is screwed over because they?re still tested. Makes no sense

msstate7
06-25-2021, 05:23 PM
All that stuff is bullshit. Literally. Everything you just listed is bullshit. You know mask help. You know washing your hands helps. Everything else, you falling for straight bullshit that clouds the basic issues.
In
It makes 100% sense that they cannot play. Covid rules in place are there for a reason.

Wonder why fauci said store bought masks not effective in private email.

Rex54
06-25-2021, 05:24 PM
I feel like Corbin owes it to the sport to pitch Leiter tomorrow even if they face the same depleted NC State Roster. This is a highly unusual situation and being gifted the title game is enough of a benefit already.
I have a feeling he won't. Unless it's close late.

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-25-2021, 05:25 PM
In understand you have rules in place. But the rules make no sense. There is not consistency. The virus is so dangerous we must test, but let?s allow full capacity with no restrictions

msstate7
06-25-2021, 05:25 PM
They have been in other sports

ESPN had an article on it this morning along with the cws covid report. NBA players, a player in a pga championship along with various soccer players have all been placed in covid protocol after being vaccinated and testing positive. It may be different in ncaa but not in those sports

Probably bc you can still get and spread covid after being vaccinated. Hell, it could've been a vaccinated player that spread it to the unvaccinated.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Probably bc you can still get and spread covid after being vaccinated. Hell, it could've been a vaccinated player that spread it to the unvaccinated.

Exactly.

RougeDawg
06-25-2021, 06:11 PM

Dude, seriously masks don?t help. Show me a true scientific study that proves it, but be sure to charge up your battery before starting the search.

There have been studies for decades that show wearing masks for an airborne virus actually have detrimental effects on people. This was decided science, even on the actual CDC website until March 2020. Can you point to the scientific data in March 2020 that defied over 70-80 years of data? And why all these studies on the CDC website were quietly ?scrubbed? at that time?

I digress. I?m heading out between games to put up my chain link mosquito blocking fence. See y?all in the game thread.

chef dixon
06-25-2021, 06:16 PM
I think you have to start Leiter if you're Vandy. It's still do or die and who the hell else you got?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-25-2021, 06:23 PM
In understand you have rules in place. But the rules make no sense. There is not consistency. The virus is so dangerous we must test, but let?s allow full capacity with no restrictions

They had the testing protocol but now they don't know WTF to do. NC State still has no idea who they have available for tomorrow and there is limited communication from whomever is making that decision. I wouldn't be surprised if they ruled all of them out again tomorrow.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 06:27 PM
They had the testing protocol but now they don't know WTF to do. NC State still has no idea who they have available for tomorrow and there is limited communication from whomever is making that decision. I wouldn't be surprised if they ruled all of them out again tomorrow.

The ncaa is never prepared for anything. They are the worst

Quaoarsking
06-25-2021, 06:27 PM

It's possible, but it's very unlikely.

Liverpooldawg
06-25-2021, 06:35 PM

YEP.

Liverpooldawg
06-25-2021, 06:37 PM

It's highly unlikely. The numbers came out on that a few weeks ago. That is why the CDC now says that the vaccinated don't have to wear masks.

Liverpooldawg
06-25-2021, 06:38 PM
Dude, seriously masks don?t help. Show me a true scientific study that proves it, but be sure to charge up your battery before starting the search.

There have been studies for decades that show wearing masks for an airborne virus actually have detrimental effects on people. This was decided science, even on the actual CDC website until March 2020. Can you point to the scientific data in March 2020 that defied over 70-80 years of data? And why all these studies on the CDC website were quietly ?scrubbed? at that time?

I digress. I?m heading out between games to put up my chain link mosquito blocking fence. See y?all in the game thread.
Oh hogwash.

HaggardDawg
06-25-2021, 08:57 PM

SailingDawg
06-25-2021, 09:36 PM

This, friends, is why Mississippi is among the least vaccinated states in the nation.

NC State coach says he doesn?t know what happened. Also said he doesn?t want to discuss politics. Yes. Healthcare (or lack thereof) is politics. **** the hundreds of thousands who died from Covid due to neglect and ignorance.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31709803/nc-state-elliott-avent-declines-talk-vaccine-politics-amid-team-covid-issues-cws

HaggardDawg
06-25-2021, 09:57 PM
This, friends, is why Mississippi is among the least vaccinated states in the nation.

NC State coach says he doesn?t know what happened. Also said he doesn?t want to discuss politics. Yes. Healthcare (or lack thereof) is politics. **** the hundreds of thousands who died from Covid due to neglect and ignorance.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31709803/nc-state-elliott-avent-declines-talk-vaccine-politics-amid-team-covid-issues-cws

They died because of being overweight or old the vast majority of the time. One you can control, the other you can?t. It?s not everybody else?s fault.

SailingDawg
06-25-2021, 10:19 PM
They died because of being overweight or old the vast majority of the time. One you can control, the other you can?t. It?s not everybody else?s fault.

But it was Covid, right?

Anyone notice the flu was way down this year? Wonder why?

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2021, 06:54 AM

You keep doing what daddy government tells you. 4 kids on NC Sts team tested positive and they have their fauci ouchies. 99.8 percent chance theyll be fine with this horrid awful disease. Its so bad that you have to hear about it everyday. What a scam

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2021, 06:56 AM
What is baffling to me is how the left is all for it but the right is not?its almost like it was politicized from the start?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-26-2021, 06:56 AM
But it was Covid, right?

Anyone notice the flu was way down this year? Wonder why?

Was that because of masks or because everyone was staying home because companies offered telework and people didn't feel the pressure to come to work sick?

My stepmom got the flu vaccine , got the virus, and died from it two years ago. I've never got the flu vaccine and probably never will until I get into my mid 50's. Why would someone who shows no history of virus related sickness, especially young, want to put this vaccine in their body? To hit a quota? Make yourself feel better?

People are acting like the unvaccinated are lepers.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 06:59 AM
It's possible, but it's very unlikely.

4 fully vaccinated tested positive out of this extremely small sample.

Quaoarsking
06-26-2021, 07:40 AM
4 fully vaccinated tested positive out of this extremely small sample.

That doesn't jive with any numbers out there. I bet we find out they were false positives. (Or maybe they lied about their vaccination status?)

Cowbell
06-26-2021, 07:46 AM
That doesn't jive with any numbers out there. I bet we find out they were false positives. (Or maybe they lied about their vaccination status?)

Because numbers reported are not accurate. At all. Stop believing everything you here. People with the flu shot get the flu every year and that bug/vaccine has been around a while.

Quaoarsking
06-26-2021, 07:56 AM
Because numbers reported are not accurate. At all. Stop believing everything you here. People with the flu shot get the flu every year and that bug/vaccine has been around a while.

If 4 out of 15 or whatever vaccinated people getting the disease were typical or anywhere close to typical, the vaccines would have been declared a dud months ago. Instead vaccination has caused COVID rates to plummet.

Something is amiss in this situation.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 07:57 AM

Didn't the cdc say to stop testing asymptomatic vaccinated? The sample we're dealing with here (18-22 year olds) are basically gonna be asymptomatic vaccinated or unvaccinated.

I'm not anti-vaccine. I think at-risk people should get it, but I think it's reckless to push this on non-risk

Quaoarsking
06-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Yes, the NCAA is 100% rotten all around and appears not to be following the CDC guidelines.

Doesn't change the fact that the players and teams knew the risks ahead of time and somehow the other 63 teams were able to avoid this, either by personal responsibility or dumb luck.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:33 AM
20,000+ fans in the stands but they are still testing for Covid? I?m sick of the lack of common sense. I hope it?s the death of the ncaa

Problem is it isn't just the NCAA, gov and corp America is driving all the stupidity.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:36 AM
Didn't the cdc say to stop testing asymptomatic vaccinated? The sample we're dealing with here (18-22 year olds) are basically gonna be asymptomatic vaccinated or unvaccinated.

I'm not anti-vaccine. I think at-risk people should get it, but I think it's reckless to push this on non-risk

Totally agree. Those that have had Covid shouldn't be forced to get vaccine either. They are the most protected ones out there yet they are punished too. Those at risk or choose to take vaccine is fine but same for others. Covid is not the same risk for everyone. Covid is a weapon now of people in charge. They can be dictator by just claiming Covid.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:38 AM

First it isn't a vaccine which is why people still can get it. We know the Covid testing is not exactly accurate either way. You can't go on a small sample and prove anything that is random.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 08:42 AM
If 4 out of 15 or whatever vaccinated people getting the disease were typical or anywhere close to typical, the vaccines would have been declared a dud months ago. Instead vaccination has caused COVID rates to plummet.

Something is amiss in this situation.

Not a dud, they do seem to keep symptoms as bad or killing some people but they are not vaccines. Got to remember there are lots of people getting paid and they have to cash in on the shot.

Lastly, I have known of people who died after vaccine and had serious side affects. They don't know any long term impact.

Did you also know Bill Gates has many years of supporting vaccine use around the world and has legal charges against him for other type shots that have sterilized and killed other people in other countries? Ever wonder why Bill Gates is so involved in this? Ever wonder why Bill Gates put on the event 201 in 2019 about world control during a corona virus pandemic before it actually happened?

dawgoneyall
06-26-2021, 09:15 AM

Masks do not stop the c-19 virus.

Catfish
06-26-2021, 05:57 PM
Vandy should have been tested.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 06:05 PM
Masks do not stop the c-19 virus.

Mask only do something if someone sneezes or coughs and someone is near. Other than that they do nothing. I work with filtration media on some engineering related stuff in my work.

The virus is .3 microns big. The human eye can only see about 60 microns. By the way one micron is about .000039". The regular masks are only filtering around 25 micron and the gaps around the masks are atrocious maybe 1/8inch.

N95 masks will filter .3 micron at 95% efficiency.

Here is a simple test if you want to test the mask theory BS. Smoke particles are also around .3 microns. Have a person in a room take a smoke and exhale thru a mask once. Be in room with them and see if you smell it or see it? There is your answer.

The virus is real but the reaction for over a year has been BS. All about control of the masses by a few. Wake up folks.

Hot Rock
06-26-2021, 07:18 PM
Yep, I am assuming. You know why? They did not test teams that were fully vaccinated at all.

Hot Rock
06-26-2021, 07:22 PM
Mask only do something if someone sneezes or coughs and someone is near. Other than that they do nothing. I work with filtration media on some engineering related stuff in my work.

The virus is .3 microns big. The human eye can only see about 60 microns. By the way one micron is about .000039". The regular masks are only filtering around 25 micron and the gaps around the masks are atrocious maybe 1/8inch.

N95 masks will filter .3 micron at 95% efficiency.

Here is a simple test if you want to test the mask theory BS. Smoke particles are also around .3 microns. Have a person in a room take a smoke and exhale thru a mask once. Be in room with them and see if you smell it or see it? There is your answer.

The virus is real but the reaction for over a year has been BS. All about control of the masses by a few. Wake up folks.

Th e expisurevyou get of it actually makes a difference so yes, mask saved lives and lots of them. Getting a mild case is way better than a harsh case and the exposure was most definitely limited by the mask.

Hot Rock
06-26-2021, 07:24 PM
Vandy should have been tested.

Why? The protocol said if your team was vaccinated no tests.

Hot Rock
06-26-2021, 07:26 PM
I have a feeling he won't. Unless it's close late.
Ask Trump, he was his boss when all that went down.

msstate7
06-26-2021, 09:23 PM
Why? The protocol said if your team was vaccinated no tests.

At least 4 vaccinated NC st players tested positive

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 09:32 PM
Th e expisurevyou get of it actually makes a difference so yes, mask saved lives and lots of them. Getting a mild case is way better than a harsh case and the exposure was most definitely limited by the mask.

Studies all over the world on masks have shown there is no statistical difference in cases with or without masks.

Read my post for the science facts instead of media opinions. I spoke science to you. Masks do help in a few cases but I don't know of anyone getting in anyone's face while Covid was going on so masks were just for show. Kinda like gravity is the science on this just like 2+2 =4. The media is powerful though brainwashing science right out of it.

Activated Alpha
06-26-2021, 09:34 PM
Snuck in before the lock like Skinner snuck into second off that steal

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 09:35 PM

Let me breakdown the micron thing for you. 25 micron filter means everything below 25 micron goes thru. .3 micron is way smaller than 25 micron or the 1600 micron gaps around the fit on your mask. The math is simple. Do the smoke test and you'll see.

R2Dawg
06-26-2021, 09:37 PM
Snuck in before the lock like Skinner snuck into second off that steal

Nice move.

Do they lock threads that share facts or science now or just comments that tear down the Covid narrative?