PDA

View Full Version : Bet the house on this about the outcome of CWS

R2Dawg
06-25-2021, 11:32 AM
If we don't win it or make the finals. Many on here will come posting we were not really that good and just got lucky to make it to Omaha, blah, blah, blah.

We are to finish no worse than 4th in playoff. We are one of best teams in nation and have been all year. We have also accomplished so many records that no other team in NCAA history. Whatever happens we celebrate this team and year come next Wed or Thursday.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 11:36 AM
I agree.

Todd4State
06-25-2021, 11:38 AM
MSU fans sometimes lack perspective because they only see MSU vs the teams on our schedule and not the country as a whole.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 11:42 AM
MSU fans sometimes lack perspective because they only see MSU vs the teams on our schedule and not the country as a whole.

This!

Rex54
06-25-2021, 11:47 AM
This has been a great team and great class. I hate we missed out on what 2020 could have been too. 4 in a row would be insane for a class.

basedog
06-25-2021, 11:49 AM
No reason now this team can't get things done, the past doesn't matter. I like our chances!

MoreCowbell
06-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Cheers. It seems like everything is going our way and I keep catching myself expecting a National championship but I dont want to set myself up for a huge letdown. It is such a weird feeling.

SilentSteel16
06-25-2021, 11:50 AM
I agree, I definitely think what we missed out on last year would have for sure been at least 4 straight CWS appearances. This team has battled all year and will go down as one of the best to ever wear the M over S. That much is certain. I think COVID year was a missed opportunity for us, I know Ole Miss claims last year was their year, maybe it was but I definitely think we had the team to make a great run at Omaha last year.

MoreCowbell
06-25-2021, 11:53 AM
I agree, I definitely think what we missed out on last year would have for sure been at least 4 straight CWS appearances. This team has battled all year and will go down as one of the best to ever wear the M over S. That much is certain. I think COVID year was a missed opportunity for us, I know Ole Miss claims last year was their year, maybe it was but I definitely think we had the team to make a great run at Omaha last year.

What would last years starting lineup have been?

SilentSteel16
06-25-2021, 11:53 AM
This year this team of battlers have proven their salt, yes they took a couple weekends off, but the level of competition they went through every week is unrivaled by any conference elsewhere. These boys I do believe can put us over the hump. Great team of dawgs. Super proud of them and I know they are not done yet. Not a fan of the haircuts though but hey that is the style now I guess. Ha. By the way Cade looked great on the bump the other night !

SilentSteel16
06-25-2021, 12:04 PM
What would last years starting lineup have been?

I think with Westy at SS and Foscue at 2b it would have been solid

Rowdy cf
Westy ss
Allen rf
Foscue 2b
Hancock 1st
Jordan 3b to start with think James would have eventually shown up
Pimentel LF
Tanner C
DH fillin blank James, Hatch or maybe Mule

SP
Ginn
Bednar
Mcleod

Sims would have gotten innings also

basedog
06-25-2021, 12:13 PM
Actually Harding has been the most consistent pitcher for us the last several weeks.

MoreCowbell
06-25-2021, 12:35 PM
I think with Westy at SS and Foscue at 2b it would have been solid

Rowdy cf
Westy ss
Allen rf
Foscue 2b
Hancock 1st
Jordan 3b to start with think James would have eventually shown up
Pimentel LF
Tanner C
DH fillin blank James, Hatch or maybe Mule

SP
Ginn
Bednar
Mcleod

Sims would have gotten innings also

Forgot we still had Westy Foscue and Ginn yeah we would have been really good

Offshore Dawg
06-25-2021, 03:33 PM
I don't think we need any more post on Lemonis can't coach.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 04:27 PM
Ginn had TJ last spring and we wouldn't have had him.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 04:28 PM

This.

Homedawg
06-25-2021, 05:00 PM
Allen had an injury too . They didn't think he was going to be able to come back and play anymore last year.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 05:43 PM
Allen had an injury too . They didn't think he was going to be able to come back and play anymore last year.

Oh that's right I forgot about that. Yeah he was gonna be done awhile if not the whole season.

AlSwearengen
06-25-2021, 06:33 PM
What was the injury?

preachermatt83
06-25-2021, 06:41 PM

You dang right. No matter what happens the rest of the way

preachermatt83
06-25-2021, 06:45 PM
Btw, I feel very confident. We are about to be national champions. In Mid March I said this team was in no way our most talented but had the make up to win it all. I think we lose tonight and win tmr. And I think we win natty in 2 games.

R2Dawg
06-25-2021, 06:54 PM
Btw, I feel very confident. We are about to be national champions. In Mid March I said this team was in no way our most talented but had the make up to win it all. I think we lose tonight and win tmr. And I think we win natty in 2 games.

We have the stuff to win it no doubt.

R2Dawg
06-25-2021, 06:55 PM

Second that. Lemo is one heck of a coach. No one has done what he has done.