PDA

View Full Version : Why are some scared?

basedog
06-25-2021, 07:26 AM
I don't get it or understand why so many are afraid of the idea Texas will send Madden to the mound tonight. At this point of the season there aren't any bad pitchers as far as I'm concerned. This team has faced pretty much everyone's Ace and so many good pitchers and I'm betting our players are not scared who pitches.
This team has not had any series or games that have been easy or at least it seems, they have excelled so far overall. In saying this, nothing has been easy, I don't expect the game tonight to be easy but I do expect us to win, it's just who I am I suppose. No dead Indians hoax please, LOL!

One game at a time, so quit worrying about who pitches for us or against us!

Go Dawgs! We are a Baseball School!

msstate7
06-25-2021, 07:29 AM
I'm not scared, but I wanna win it all, so I think tonight is crucial. If we have to play again tomorrow, I think our chances go down of winning it all

Dawg2003
06-25-2021, 07:34 AM
I worry that we can't score enough against Texas. We'll need more than 2 runs tonight.

CadaverDawg
06-25-2021, 07:34 AM
If Madden comes out and beats us after losing to us twice, tip your cap and beat them the next day. No reason to be scared. They haven't seen Harding, so I feel like it should be a great game. We just need to get the bats going early this time...giving them an early lead would only give them hope, confidence, and a belief that they can not only beat us once, but twice. Squash it early and get the crowd into it.

CarolinaDawgs
06-25-2021, 07:46 AM
I'm not scared, but I wanna win it all, so I think tonight is crucial. If we have to play again tomorrow, I think our chances go down of winning it all

What an analysis.

basedog
06-25-2021, 07:48 AM

Glad you don't play or Coach, I see the exact opposite, I like our chances tonight and even more if need be tomorrow!

Saltydog
06-25-2021, 07:53 AM
I just don't like the idea of throwing Harding against them. Sure, they haven't seen him and yes he's been good lately but throwing Bednar gives us a better chance IMO and that would still allow him to throw in game 2 on Tuesday.

bulldogcountry1
06-25-2021, 08:12 AM
I would be scared if Texas had already faced Harding (or any of our starters) twice this season. The advantage swings to the offense after seeing a picture multiple times.

SaintDawg
06-25-2021, 08:13 AM
Not scared one bit. We are an excellent team. We deserve to be where we are. We didn't luck our way into this position. We have played stellar baseball and that's all we can continue to do. Give 111% and it will happen. These next 3 wins are going to take everything we got and it wont be easy. The only easy day was yesterday.

Fred Garvin
06-25-2021, 08:20 AM
I don't get it or understand why so many are afraid of the idea Texas will send Madden to the mound tonight. At this point of the season there aren't any bad pitchers as far as I'm concerned. This team has faced pretty much everyone's Ace and so many good pitchers and I'm betting our players are not scared who pitches.
This team has not had any series or games that have been easy or at least it seems, they have excelled so far overall. In saying this, nothing has been easy, I don't expect the game tonight to be easy but I do expect us to win, it's just who I am I suppose. No dead Indians hoax please, LOL!

Because I'm a Mississippi State fan.

maroonmania
06-25-2021, 08:26 AM
Kind of interesting how one great outing can change everyone's perspective on a pitcher. Its like folks think Bednar is going to pitch like he did this past Sunday every time he goes out. I guess people have forgotten that the outing prior to the CWS, in the SR, when Bednar started we had to win 9-8 and Bednar got knocked out fairly early. Harding was by far the best starter we had in the SR. My only point is that there is no guarantee that Bednar, in a second round with Texas, will have more success than Harding will, who they have never faced. Guess I will let the coaches make the call since its what they are paid to do. Lemonis makes the correct decision more times than not.

Rex54
06-25-2021, 08:28 AM
I would be scared if Texas had already faced Harding (or any of our starters) twice this season. The advantage swings to the offense after seeing a picture multiple times.
Max Scherzer still carves the same teams all year long, year after year

It's not a matter of being scared it's about giving you the best chance to win.
Madden vs Bednar 50-50
Madden vs Houston 70-30.

basedog
06-25-2021, 08:29 AM
This team and players aren't looking back thru history of Msu Sports, they have nothing to do with our past. I'm at the point of being amazed at what they have achieved, obviously they don't give up and have good team chemistry.

basedog
06-25-2021, 08:32 AM

Madden vs Bednar 50-50
Madden vs Houston 70-30.

I like our relievers and hitters better than Texas.

BrunswickDawg
06-25-2021, 08:33 AM
I think we have an advantage facing Madden a second time within basically a week. We have seen his best - which was less than our best. Yes, he K'd 12 - but that was with LoTan taking a Golden Sombrero, and Kellum Clark a Hat Trick - that's 7 of the 12 from 2 hitters. Two more came from Forsyth, so the majority of the lineup put the ball in play against one of the best in DI on only K'd 3 times. I think our guys are locking in and are going to take this game.

CadaverDawg
06-25-2021, 08:33 AM
Kind of interesting how one great outing can change everyone's perspective on a pitcher. Its like folks think Bednar is going to pitch like he did this past Sunday every time he goes out. I guess people have forgotten that the outing prior to the CWS, in the SR, when Bednar started we had to win 9-8 and Bednar got knocked out fairly early. Harding was by far the best starter we had in the SR. My only point is that there is no guarantee that Bednar, in a second round with Texas, will have more success than Harding will, who they have never faced. Guess I will let the coaches make the call since its what they are paid to do. Lemonis makes the correct decision more times than not.

My thoughts exactly. The chances of Bednar repeating that performance against a team that saw him 4 days ago is unlikely. Harding would be a perfect counter to the hard throwing righty's they've been facing...then that makes Bednar/Sims a perfect counter to Harding if they beat us the next day. Worst case scenario would be pitching Bednar and losing 1-0 or 2-1 and know our chance at a Title rides on #3 pitcher vs #3 pitcher. Meanwhile, Pitch Harding tonight and worst case scenario is you have our Ace vs their #3 Saturday. At that point you figure out the Title series pitching rotation when you get there

The Federalist Engineer
06-25-2021, 08:35 AM
I don’t recall ever seeing a marquee out-of-conference starting pitcher 3 times in a season or 2 in a single week. Has to be advantage to MSU, plus they used Hansen and Quintana last night. An elite lefty like Hansen would be challenging. We have faced those guys twice also, no runs and few hits on those guys.

We got Kumar twice in 2019 and prolly have many 2 times.

Multiple appearances by a pitcher Happens all the time in MLB. The ACE could pitch game-1, Game-4, and Game-7 of a World Series

Ari Gold
06-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Because Horka might kick your ass... **

basedog
06-25-2021, 08:36 AM
I think we have an advantage facing Madden a second time within basically a week. We have seen his best - which was less than our best. Yes, he K'd 12 - but that was with LoTan taking a Golden Sombrero, and Kellum Clark a Hat Trick - that's 7 of the 12 from 2 hitters. Two more came from Forsyth, so the majority of the lineup put the ball in play against one of the best in DI on only K'd 3 times. I think our guys are locking in and are going to take this game.

I think the win the other night has light the fire again on our hitters. We have done pretty well at the plate after the Sec Tournament. Faced two really good pitchers in CWS but found a way to win, it's who we are right now. We are better than Texas.

calidawg
06-25-2021, 08:37 AM

I expect us to lose tonight and win tomorrow. This team plays better with its back against the wall.

basedog
06-25-2021, 08:39 AM
Because Horka might kick your ass... **

I don't think so.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 08:46 AM
What an analysis.

So if we have to use bednar Saturday rather than Monday, we have the same chances of winning it all? Didn't think this was a hot take

Maroonthirteen
06-25-2021, 08:54 AM
Facing Madden a 3rd time doesn't worry me. Here is why..... Tuesday v McGarry, State batters improved their ABs with each at bat v McGarry. By 3rd AB, we ran him to the dugout.

I feel confident. State figured out some things on Madden Sunday and will be confident at the plate tonight. If we see him again, State will hit the ball better than on Sunday.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 08:56 AM
Facing Madden a 3rd time doesn't worry me. Here is why..... Tuesday v McGarry, State batters improved their ABs with each at bat v McGarry. By 3rd AB, we ran him to the dugout.

I feel confident. State figured out some things on Madden Sunday and will be confident at the plate tonight. If we see him again, State will hit the ball better than on Sunday.

I think we will too. Texas will most likely hit Harding much better than they did bednar and Mac the first time though too

KOdawg1
06-25-2021, 09:02 AM
So if we have to use bednar Saturday rather than Monday, we have the same chances of winning it all? Didn't think this was a hot take

It wasn't. You're not wrong.

Todd4State
06-25-2021, 09:13 AM
I don't think so.

Unless you are built like a sixth grade boy like Horka I like your odds sight unseen.

Jack Lambert
06-25-2021, 09:14 AM
I worry that we can't score enough against Texas. We'll need more than 2 runs tonight.

We have scored enough twice.

basedog
06-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Unless you are built like a sixth grade boy like Horka I like your odds sight unseen.

LOL, far from a 6th grader plus I have a huge advantage, I’ve seen that asshole, easy win!

maroonmania
06-25-2021, 09:24 AM

Only way Bednar plays a significant role in the championship series is if we win tonight pitching Harding. IF Bednar pitches tonight or tomorrow night I don't see him pitching again until Wednesday in the championship series and there is no guarantee that there will even be a Wednesday game if we don't win one of the first two. There wasn't a Wed game the last time when we played UCLA.

chef dixon
06-25-2021, 09:28 AM
We are going to beat their ass

Jack Lambert
06-25-2021, 09:28 AM
I think all four remaining teams have the same problem. Us and NC State do have the advantage.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 09:31 AM

If we win tonight, I think we win it all

chef dixon
06-25-2021, 09:35 AM
At the end of the day we are just a better team than them. Not by much but they get a little extra mystique just by being Texas.

Randolph Dupree
06-25-2021, 09:41 AM
If we win tonight, I think we win it all

Concur and I think the bats are heating up. LoTan and Clark started seeing it late against VA, that's a good sign for us. It just took a minute but I think we're about to get hot at just the right time.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-25-2021, 09:43 AM

Our State. Our Time. Let's roll!

Johnson85
06-25-2021, 09:44 AM

Madden vs Bednar 50-50
Madden vs Houston 70-30.

The flip side of that is if you think Bednar is that much better than Harding, then if we lose, we get to throw Bednar on Saturday against their third best starter, which presumably would put us at something like 70-30 in favor to win versus a 50-50 matchup with Harding. If you believe those odds, us winning one of the two is closer to 80% with Harding then Bednar as opposed to 75% going Bednar then Harding.

KOdawg1
06-25-2021, 09:46 AM
Concur and I think the bats are heating up. LoTan and Clark started seeing it late against VA, that's a good sign for us. It just took a minute but I think we're about to get hot at just the right time.

Yeah, I feel like several of our guys are close to breaking out. Rowdey and TA are going to be reliable, Kam has put some good swings on the ball, Hancock has had good ABs, Dubrule is heating up. I think if Cumbest and Clark continue to provide at the bottom of the order, we're going to win it all.

Cowbell
06-25-2021, 10:14 AM
What an analysis.
LOL I was thinking the same thing

Cowbell
06-25-2021, 10:15 AM

You get it!

SilentSteel16
06-25-2021, 10:16 AM
I think all four remaining teams have the same problem. Us and NC State do have the advantage.

Amen to that

Cowbell
06-25-2021, 10:17 AM

Madden vs Bednar 50-50
Madden vs Houston 70-30.

Not accurate at all

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 10:35 AM

Great post and agree completely!

msstatelp1
06-25-2021, 10:43 AM

Madden vs Bednar 50-50
Madden vs Houston 70-30.

Seriously, what scientific method did you use to come up with those percentages? Quantum physics? Advanced differential equations? WAG?

Cowbell
06-25-2021, 10:48 AM
Seriously, what scientific method did you use to come up with those percentages? Quantum physics? Advanced differential equations? WAG?

It's called Rexmath.... only fir the ace minds

Commercecomet24
06-25-2021, 10:48 AM

Mike Bianco school of pitching.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 10:55 AM
Pearl River resort book
Vandy -1.5
State -1.5

preachermatt83
06-25-2021, 11:25 AM
What an analysis.

Now that?s hilarious!!

basedog
06-25-2021, 12:17 PM
I bet most would say this is true, I'd rather play someone we have beaten twice than play someone we haven't beaten two times! Fact is we are the better team.

Dawg_Lover
06-25-2021, 12:43 PM
A famous Henry Ford quote .... Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot ? you're right .... emphasizes how much attitude determines success or failure.

BASEDOG is on the CAN Train, along with this team, coaching staff, and a few others on this forum. I am with them.

My goal is to try to (1) stay in the moment, (2) remember to appreciate all they?ve down to get to this point, and (3) enjoy the roller coaster ride from here to the end, whether it is tomorrow or next week.

Win or lose, what they have done only 3 other teams, in the entire country, have matched that accomplishment.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 12:45 PM
A famous Henry Ford quote .... Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot ? you're right .... emphasizes how much attitude determines success or failure.

BASEDOG is on the CAN Train, along with this team, coaching staff, and a few others on this forum. I am with them.

My goal is to try to (1) stay in the moment, (2) remember to appreciate all they?ve down to get to this point, and (3) enjoy the roller coaster ride from here to the end, whether it is tomorrow or next week.

Win or lose, what they have done only 3 other teams, in the entire country, have matched that accomplishment.

I don't think a message board can positive think our team to a win. It'll count much more on our team's execution. Maybe I'm wrong though...

chef dixon
06-25-2021, 12:53 PM
I mean look at the flip side. Id feel like shit throwing a guy a 3rd time against a team he hasn't beaten on shorter rest than he's used to. He's the one with all the pressure and I think he crumbles

Dawg_Lover
06-25-2021, 01:05 PM
I don't think a message board can positive think our team to a win. It'll count much more on our team's execution. Maybe I'm wrong though...

Not what I meant at all. If that is all you got out of it, then I cannot help you.

msstate7
06-25-2021, 01:18 PM
Not what I meant at all. If that is all you got out of it, then I cannot help you.

You said you and basedawg are on the CAN train. I say that has less than zero to do with the outcome tonight.

Maybe the team's attitude matters; I think they can believe all they want, but execution is what matters most

basedog
06-25-2021, 01:43 PM
You said you and basedawg are on the CAN train. I say that has less than zero to do with the outcome tonight.

Maybe the team's attitude matters; I think they can believe all they want, but execution is what matters most

Man, I need to Coach you up 7** Yes Dawg and I have no affect on any game, our players are affected with positive fans in Omaha as well as in the stadium that is a fact. Not sure if you played sports but fans do matter and tell me the other night our fans didn't get fired up after Clark's homerun and help energize the team?

Shout out to you Dawg_Lover for believing, nothing wrong with what you said, hell look how Bama feels about football! LOL

Dawg_Lover
06-25-2021, 02:14 PM

Thanks, Basedog. To that I just want to add this ....

You are right, Msstate7, execution does very much matter. Never did I say a positive attitude was exclusive. But you must first believe in yourself, to achieve success, even with all the abilities.

Any sports psychologist will tell you a positive mindset is an essential part of success.

Dak Prescott has always said he never steps on the field not believing they can and will win no matter what the scoreboard says.

Of course you have to have the skill set, for execution. Without it you would never reach this level of competition.

Fader21
06-25-2021, 02:34 PM

Yeah seeing a picture many times creates a photogenic memory.