PDA

View Full Version : Rokose heading to Georgia

MetEdDawg
06-24-2021, 07:05 AM
Was posted on Twitter last night.

Was hoping he would make more of an impact this year and thought he could definitely see an increase in PT next year.

Odd timing for sure given we are in the middle of a possible championship run. But he's from Georgia and maybe some scholarship needs were in play here. Best of luck to him.

Saltydog
06-24-2021, 07:31 AM
I'm sure he was one of the eight that didn't make the post season roster. Who were the others? Spencer Price, Eric Cerantola, Jaxen Forrester, Dylan Carmouche, Kyte McDonald. Who am I missing?

ZedFedder
06-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Eh, maybe I am old school, but that is kind of sorry to post that in the middle of this run. Just my opinion.

StarkVegasSteve
06-24-2021, 08:28 AM
Scholarship papers have to be signed July 1 so I don't really have a problem with it.

The Federalist Engineer
06-24-2021, 09:02 AM
It's a shame to lose a HS recruit to another SEC school. Many have commented on the maturity and intelligence of this player.

That said, it's a small world, recruiting never stops, kids talk to each other. That is what Dan McDonnell said in a recent interview.

McD said June/July 2021 will be a blitz of transfers, draft decisions, and roster decisions. Teams actually want the portal seekers to act ASAP, so they can adjust and very-selectively cherry pick the portal. Paraphrasing, you should trust your recruits and players and avoid picking up someone else's problem.

https://www.cardchronicle.com/2021/6/1/22462820/transcript-dan-mcdonnell-recaps-2021-season-ncaa-tournament-exclusion

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2021, 10:26 AM
I'm sure he was one of the eight that didn't make the post season roster. Who were the others? Spencer Price, Eric Cerantola, Jaxen Forrester, Dylan Carmouche, Kyte McDonald. Who am I missing?

I believe Jaxen Forrester announced he was going into the portal right before Super Regionals. Odd time to quit on your team even if you didn't make the post season roster.

Todd4State
06-24-2021, 02:08 PM
Non-issue and not a distraction at all. The team probably knew about it weeks ago.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-25-2021, 02:33 AM
I'm sure he was one of the eight that didn't make the post season roster. Who were the others? Spencer Price, Eric Cerantola, Jaxen Forrester, Dylan Carmouche, Kyte McDonald. Who am I missing? Thinking Lovett and Talley

bulldogcountry1
06-25-2021, 06:23 AM
It?s probably a numbers thing. A handful of these guys wouldn?t have made the roster in a normal year. I think it has to be cut back for next year, anyway.

I wonder if a guy like Price would have made the roster this year if it were limited to 35. I hate it for the guy. He was lights out early in his career. Not sure what the problem was because he was never a high velo guy.