PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball is the best sports product out there

ImissCityBagel
06-23-2021, 09:49 PM
1. Any team has a chance of putting together a decent program and getting into post-season instead of 4-5 (CFB) or 16ish (CBasketball).
2. It is still relatively non-corporate and political. It's pure and about the kids playing and the game.
3. Games are exciting. Even if a team is losing there is always a legitimate chance of a comeback.
4. College Baseball has some amazing traditions.
5. Feels American in a way that isn't political. Kind of like Apple Pie. You can't make Apple Pie controversial.

confucius say
06-23-2021, 09:51 PM
It's definitely a better product than college basketball right now. The latter is almost unwatchable.

Rex54
Been saying this for months. Every other sport has become unwatchable from a gameplay or parity perspective.

I just wish Fox Sports could take control of the postseason from ESPN.

FriarsPoint
1. Any team has a chance of putting together a decent program and getting into post-season instead of 4-5 (CFB) or 16ish (CBasketball).
2. It is still relatively non-corporate and political. It's pure and about the kids playing and the game.
3. Game are exciting. Even if a team is losing there is always a legitimate chance of a comeback.
5. Feels American in a way that isn't political. Kind of like Apple Pie. You can't make Apple Pie controversial.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

msstate7
06-23-2021, 09:52 PM
It's definitely a better product than college basketball right now. The latter is almost unwatchable.

Bc we're good at it. College basketball is a better sport. The best players in baseball generally don't even go to college.

ETA... we (state fans) do this for some odd reason. When we were good at WBK, it was one of the "best" sports out there.

maroonmania
06-23-2021, 09:53 PM
3. Game are exciting. Even if a team is losing there is always a legitimate chance of a comeback.

I know its a pain not knowing about which signees are coming to school and which aren't but the MLB minor leagues does keep college baseball a true student athlete game. Guys that are really good that only care about playing baseball and getting paid can do that right out of HS and you don't have the issues you get in college football and basketball where going to school is really the only good path to the pros.

maroonmania
06-23-2021, 09:55 PM
The best players in baseball generally don't even go to college.

That part I'm absolutely fine with. I wish football and basketball had minor leagues. I wish college sports were played by true student-athletes. I would pull for MSU just the same.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 09:55 PM
Bc we're good at it. College basketball is a better sport. The best players in baseball generally don't even go to college.

ETA... we (state fans) do this for some odd reason. When we were good at WBK, it was one of the "best" sports out there.

College baseball is more exciting because even the little guy has a chance to win it all. That don't happen in basketball or football.

confucius say
06-23-2021, 09:56 PM

Nah. The skill level in college basketball is at an all time low. I think that is pretty much a universal view.

confucius say
06-23-2021, 09:57 PM

I never said that. Can't speak for others.
I will say the skill level in women's basketball has closed the gap tremendously on men's.

shoeless joe
06-23-2021, 09:57 PM

Agree that we all think highly of the sport because we have a good team to cheer for. I disagree about basketball tho. The one and dones among other things have made it a much less fun sport to follow.

That’s one thing baseball has going for it. Once on campus you’ve got 3 years (for the most part) playing and it makes the product so much better. And as MLB is refining their minor leagues and using college as a “sort of” minor league it will only help with that.

msstate7
06-23-2021, 09:59 PM
College baseball is more exciting because even the little guy has a chance to win it all. That don't happen in basketball or football.

I watch mlb nightly, and college baseball is downright hard to watch when it isn't us playing bc of the terrible defensive miscues and horrible umpiring. I mean Stanford just won on a wild ass throw to 1b that had no shot of an out and a wild pitch that was just pathetic

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 09:59 PM
Agree that we all think highly of the sport because we have a good team to cheer for. I disagree about basketball tho. The one and dones among other things have made it a much less fun sport to follow.

That’s one thing baseball has going for it. Once on campus you’ve got 3 years (for the most part) playing and it makes the product so much better. And as MLB is refining their minor leagues and using college as a “sort of” minor league it will only help with that.

I used to love college basketball too but as you said the one and dones and all the transfers have ruined it for me. And the product isn't as exciting as it used to be.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 10:02 PM
I watch mlb nightly, and college baseball is downright hard to watch when it isn't us playing bc of the terrible defensive miscues and horrible umpiring. I mean Stanford just won on a wild ass throw to 1b that had no shot of an out and a wild pitch that was just pathetic

Yeah I watch mlb too and I love college baseball more and even high school
baseball because kids hustle and play hard and are out there for the love of the game. Go watch some high school ball sometime buddy

msstate7
06-23-2021, 10:02 PM
College baseball has to have much more fan support if it wants to grow. College baseball for like 90% of the country gets the same fan support as our MBK team.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 10:04 PM

You want some real fun and excitement go watch an 8 year old coach pitch tournament sometimes. It'll remind you why we love baseball

Rex54
06-23-2021, 10:04 PM

But watching 30 strikeouts a couple home runs, and some walks is better?

College baseball is the absolute perfect levels of batting average and power numbers.

msstate7
06-23-2021, 10:09 PM
But watching 30 strikeouts a couple home runs, and some walks is better?

College baseball is the absolute perfect levels of batting average and power numbers.

Vandy Stanford had 22 k
They also had 4 errors

maroonmania
06-23-2021, 10:10 PM

As for me, I never watch MLB until the final couple of weeks of the regular season and the playoffs because there are a thousand games and none of it means much until the very end. I don't watch NBA at all because I'm just not interested in the product and the way its played.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 10:17 PM

The 11.7 is a problem is college baseball but also what bring parity. It's a double edged sword

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 10:19 PM

That?s one thing baseball has going for it. Once on campus you?ve got 3 years (for the most part) playing and it makes the product so much better. And as MLB is refining their minor leagues and using college as a ?sort of? minor league it will only help with that.

if MLB really wants to go the down the road of using college baseball as a farm league, then they need to invest in the 11.7 or else we're kicking lower income kids out of the game.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 10:19 PM
The 11.7 is a problem is college baseball but also what bring parity. It's a double edged sword

Yep you nailed it. And I love the unpredictability of the college baseball postseason. There's no other postseason in college that's like it.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 10:21 PM
Vandy Stanford had 22 k
They also had 4 errors

Yeah. Way to many strikeouts in college baseball at the highest level. It's because many of the top amateur pitchers in the world get to college while virtually none of the top hitters do.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 10:23 PM
Yep you nailed it. And I love the unpredictability of the college baseball postseason. There's no other postseason in college that's like it.

Yeah. It's fun but there needs to be a way for teams to fund full scholarships so a school like Vandy, who has no fans, doesn't take over the sport. Vandy is so bad for college baseball because they don't have fans. They don't do anything to build the game & bring eye balls to the sport.

25 scholarships & then you can have 10 walkons. That's what I'd do. If a player is offered a scholarship by another D1 school, then he can't be a walkon.

msstate7
06-23-2021, 10:23 PM
Yeah. Way to many strikeouts in college baseball at the highest level. It's because many of the top amateur pitchers in the world get to college while virtually none of the top hitters do.

Which is odd. Pitchers are walking injuries... I'd want my money as soon as I can get it if I were a big arm

msstate7
06-23-2021, 10:42 PM
Best regular season sports...
1. College football
2. Nfl
3. Mib (I'm biased)

Best postseason sports...
1. College basketball first weekend
2. Nfl
3. Mlb (again, biased)

Nothing tops Saturdays during college football. Now the postseason has become really predictable, and thus, not great.

The 1st weekend of college basketball tourney is unbelievable. Now regular season college basketball can be really boring, and the tourney even loses its luster after the first weekend

MoreCowbell
06-23-2021, 10:52 PM
That part I'm absolutely fine with. I wish football and basketball had minor leagues. I wish college sports were played by true student-athletes. I would pull for MSU just the same.

This. Would make the product so much better and im hoping the new Supreme Court ruling gets us closer to that

MoreCowbell
06-23-2021, 10:57 PM
You want some real fun and excitement go watch an 8 year old coach pitch tournament sometimes. It'll remind you why we love baseball

You had me until this. People want to watch athletes and sports they they cannot do themselves. Thats why I have a hard time watching womens basketball. I dont want to watch athletes I am better than.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 11:16 PM
Pitchers are walking injuries.

Exactly why MLB teams don't want to pay for pitching high in the draft. Plus pitchers come from all over the draft & can be developed far easier than hitters.

The best hitters can have ACL surgery, broke bones, etc & can still hit & you can't really develop hitters near at the level you can pitchers.

So MLB teams give their money to the hitters.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2021, 11:25 PM
It's the lack of scholarships that makes it competitive. Increase scholarships to the number of guys you can have on a team and it would be just like football and I suspect Vandy would fall of the map.

Jarius
06-23-2021, 11:48 PM

Women’s college basketball has and always will be unwatchable to me. We had one of the best teams in the country and the only games I watched were the national title games we played in and the UConn final 4 game we won. The athletes are worse than what you would see at the Sanderson center for the most part even on the good teams. I like college baseball because we are good but the product is much more watchable than women’s basketball. The athletes are all very good at the college baseball level. Men’s college basketball is not my thing even when we make the tournament. I don’t know why but it’s really hard for me to watch in the current state. When we made the tournament a few years ago I watched us play liberty and a few other games that year. I’m in the minority on my men’s college basketball opinion according to the ratings. I don’t know why I can’t get into it. I would love to but our brand is boring as shit to me.

Jarius
06-23-2021, 11:54 PM
It's the lack of scholarships that makes it competitive. Increase scholarships to the number of guys you can have on a team and it would be just like football and I suspect Vandy would fall of the map.

Think how much more awesome college football season would be if the same amount of teams had the opportunity to win a national title. Scholarship limitations are the answer but in today’s political climate that has zero chance of happening.

was21
06-24-2021, 07:18 AM
Some programs have players that are true student athlethes...they're just not Division I programs. That's why I enjoy watching the Ivy League football games on Friday nights.

Dolphus Raymond
06-24-2021, 07:22 AM
?Feels American in a way that?s not political.?
Indeed it does.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 07:57 AM
Women’s college basketball has and always will be unwatchable to me.

Facts.

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2021, 08:19 AM

Exactly, Coastal Carolina and Fresno State have National Titles. I guess Butler playing for the National Title in Mens Basketball is close also but college baseball seems to always have 1 or 2 teams that make noise. College Football is pretty much unwatchable unless you are pulling for your team.

MadDawg
06-24-2021, 08:21 AM
my take

Best regular season sports...
1. College football
2. College baseball
3. College basketball
4. College softball
5. College soccer
6. College tennis
7. College volleyball
8. College gymnastics
9. College ice hockey
10. College field hockey
11. College intramural sports
12. NFL
13. MLB
47. NBA

Best postseason sports...

see above

Jack Lambert
06-24-2021, 08:28 AM
Think how much more awesome college football season would be if the same amount of teams had the opportunity to win a national title. Scholarship limitations are the answer but in today?s political climate that has zero chance of happening.

No Doubt.

lefty96
06-24-2021, 08:51 AM

I agree w/ this 100%. If you watch alot of mlb, college baseball is just unwatchable. I live in Arkansas so I've been hearing a ton about how college baseball is "perfect" Oddly, that discussion ended about a week ago.

JPdog
06-24-2021, 09:45 AM

Yeah this 100 percent spot on for me. I absolutely love MSU baseball. It truly is special, and there's probably around only 5 games I haven't watched the whole year. But you won't catch me watch a regular season baseball game that doesn't include State, with some Ole Miss games and other big SEC games as exception. The postseason for college baseball is great, but the regular season as a whole requires you to have a team you follow. Also, I highly doubt the average MSU fan would have the same level of love for college baseball if we weren't so good.

I really do not understand the disdain for men's college basketball on this board. There's athleticism all over the place, and once you get to conference play almost every game is close. I mean I partially understand the roster turnover thing, but it's not like baseball has complete continuity either. As far as watching a random game of a sport, it's college football and NFL right at the top (and I don't know if anything else is close), college basketball right behind it, and then college baseball, MLB, and NBA right behind that. Women's basketball isn't even in the picture, and I'm glad we no longer have to read excuses about how it's a "purer form of the game of basketball" or something like that now that we no longer have an elite program. For me, you can really only judge a sport on whether you would love it if your team sucked, and I can tell you that that is definitely the case for college football and the NFL and not necessarily so for college baseball.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-24-2021, 10:01 AM
The best players in baseball generally don't even go to college.

That's the point. That is what makes it better. The less primadonnas the better

PMDawg
06-24-2021, 10:30 AM

MLB is unwatchable right now, and really all pro sports are outside of maybe hockey. The endless free-agency, crazy salaries, coaching carousels, politicization, poor sportsmanship, poor attitudes, etc. just make them unbearable. NCAA football is headed there too. I've gone from someone who used to watch virtually every Braves game to someone who couldn't even name more than 3 or 4 starters. I used to go to at least 8-10 games a year in person, to not even tuning in on TV.

I was the same way with NCAA Men's Basketball. Not only did I watch every game of ours, but I typically watched 5 to 10 other games per week. I have taken off work to watch the first two days of march madness in the past, even as recently as the Rick Ray era. But that product has turned to garbage. It's hard to even watch our games now, even when we're good. It's just not the same.

Yes, it helps that we're good, but college baseball is one of the most watchable sports right now.

msstate7
06-24-2021, 10:34 AM
MLB is unwatchable right now, and really all pro sports are outside of maybe hockey. The endless free-agency, crazy salaries, coaching carousels, politicization, poor sportsmanship, poor attitudes, etc. just make them unbearable. NCAA football is headed there too. I've gone from someone who used to watch virtually every Braves game to someone who couldn't even name more than 3 or 4 starters. I used to go to at least 8-10 games a year in person, to not even tuning in on TV.

I was the same way with NCAA Men's Basketball. Not only did I watch every game of ours, but I typically watched 5 to 10 other games per week. I have taken off work to watch the first two days of march madness in the past, even as recently as the Rick Ray era. But that product has turned to garbage. It's hard to even watch our games now, even when we're good. It's just not the same.

Yes, it helps that we're good, but college baseball is one of the most watchable sports right now.

And yet, no one watches. Compare ratings and attendance between the sports

shoeless joe
06-24-2021, 10:38 AM

I’m the same with the Braves. I’ve gotten to where I don’t care to watch them. Mainly because they have a terrible pen that can’t hold a lead.

But I’d be kidding myself if I acted like their weren’t other reasons. 1. All the crazy look at me show boating. I don’t like it and don’t guess I ever will. Ozuna was cringeworthy stopping for his “selfie”.
2. Freeman…I love Freddie but he’s not hard nosed IMO. He’s not of the chipper or smoltz mold. Can’t be besties with every player and still have that killer instinct.
3. Acuna. Dude is a freak but he doesn’t want to be held accountable. It’s always something…and now his dad calling snitker a racist?!? I mean damn…this ain’t the NBA. Get outta here with that horseshit. Was Bobby Cox a racist when he yanked andruw out mid inning??? This kinda stuff is absurd and it’s what pro sports are turning in to.

If state wasn’t in the CWS I wouldn’t be near as interested but this particular CWS has been extremely entertaining.

NWADAWG
06-24-2021, 10:57 AM
3. Games are exciting. Even if a team is losing there is always a legitimate chance of a comeback.

I bet controversial apple pie is still good with some ice cream.

PMDawg
06-24-2021, 11:28 AM

And the professional ratings continue coming down.

R2Dawg
06-24-2021, 11:43 AM

Not sure where you ever saw WBB as best sport out there. I never saw an MSU person say that. I get what you are saying but I agree with original post on college baseball due to reasons listed. I still like football and basketball. WBB is only watchable if two real good teams are playing other than that it is terrible.

And yes anything MSU wins at is watchable, but I didn't watch the frisbee golf NC.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 11:49 AM
Ratings doesn't equal quality.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 12:17 PM

Captain Buzz Kill checking in.

msstate7
06-24-2021, 12:19 PM
Captain Buzz Kill checking in.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this run. If I could pick a natty in CFB, MBK, or baseball though, I'd pick in the above order. I would absolutely love to win it this year in baseball though bc it's all we're missing as a program.

BrunswickDawg
06-24-2021, 12:24 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l1J3JhjOOxL1Su4GQ/giphy.gif

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 12:29 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of this run. If I could pick a natty in CFB, MBK, or baseball though, I'd pick in the above order. I would absolutely love to win it this year in baseball though bc it's all we're missing as a program.

Agreed but you may be missing the point.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 12:32 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l1J3JhjOOxL1Su4GQ/giphy.gif

LOL, that pie needs to press charges.

BB30
06-24-2021, 01:06 PM

Eh, overzealous parents trying to live vicariously through their kids is ruining youth baseball IMO. You can't hardly go to a youth tournament anymore and not see parents berating 8-9 year olds for making an error or daddy ball coaches getting thrown out of a youth travel ball game which is downright absurd.

Youth baseball has become more about a parent being able to say my kid is playing for *insert elite youth travel ball organization here* and less about kids having fun.

I work with probably close to 30 8-13 year old kids on their pitching and have to constantly let kids go because of their parents. I can't tell you how many parents think their kid is enjoying coming to lessons when in all reality they want to be anywhere other than there, it is the parent that is enjoying them being at lessons because they can say oh my kid goes to so and so and we play for this team.

Now, I do have some kids that absolutely love baseball 24/7 and those kids are a blessing to work with but most parents would be very surprised at how many of these kids are doing it just because they think it is the only way to make their dad happy etc.

I have had kids crying at times telling me that they only do this because their dad wants them to and they want to be good because they think it will make dad happy/proud. Which IMO at 9 years old thats sad, really, really sad.

I've seen dads legitimately down talk and berate their kids in our facility in front of 20 different people that are only 9 years old to the point that we have had to step in and say things to them.

Sorry for the rant and going slightly OT, I know some kids legitimately love playing baseball all the time but a lot of these kids don't and shouldn't be forced into it at 9 years old. For anyone with kids that are starting to get to that age please let them be themselves and have a bunch of hobbies/play a bunch of sports. There is a time for baseball to become serious and a job but at 9-12 that isn't the time.

If you want your kid to enjoy spending time with you and not getting burned out or if you want your kid to like baseball/softball then don't push them 24/7 with lessons and practices and more lessons and more practice. Let them be kids. Baseball is only just a game for so long before it becomes more serious. Don't take that away from your kid because you think that he should be better or because you feel like he or she is falling behind the others. There is nothing wrong with practicing or wanting what is best for your kid just don't confuse what is best for your kid with wanting your kid to be the best.

Less than 1% of these kids will end up 6'5 220 pounds throwing 95+ or hitting .400 with 15 bombs in the big leagues or even in college/juco. If you understand that going in as a parent things will be infinitely more enjoyable for both you and your kid. On the flip side there are kids every year that quit baseball from burnout that could have been that guy or had the potential to had their parents backed off a bit and let them be a kid.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 01:18 PM
Eh, overzealous parents trying to live vicariously through their kids is ruining youth baseball IMO. You can't hardly go to a youth tournament anymore and not see parents berating 8-9 year olds for making an error or daddy ball coaches getting thrown out of a youth travel ball game which is downright absurd.

Youth baseball has become more about a parent being able to say my kid is playing for *insert elite youth travel ball organization here* and less about kids having fun.

I work with probably close to 30 8-13 year old kids on their pitching and have to constantly let kids go because of their parents. I can't tell you how many parents think their kid is enjoying coming to lessons when in all reality they want to be anywhere other than there, it is the parent that is enjoying them being at lessons because they can say oh my kid goes to so and so and we play for this team.

Now, I do have some kids that absolutely love baseball 24/7 and those kids are a blessing to work with but most parents would be very surprised at how many of these kids are doing it just because they think it is the only way to make their dad happy etc.

I have had kids crying at times telling me that they only do this because their dad wants them to and they want to be good because they think it will make dad happy/proud. Which IMO at 9 years old thats sad, really, really sad.

I've seen dads legitimately down talk and berate their kids in our facility in front of 20 different people that are only 9 years old to the point that we have had to step in and say things to them.

Sorry for the rant and going slightly OT, I know some kids legitimately love playing baseball all the time but a lot of these kids don't and shouldn't be forced into it at 9 years old. For anyone with kids that are starting to get to that age please let them be themselves and have a bunch of hobbies/play a bunch of sports. There is a time for baseball to become serious and a job but at 9-12 that isn't the time.

If you want your kid to enjoy spending time with you and not getting burned out or if you want your kid to like baseball/softball then don't push them 24/7 with lessons and practices and more lessons and more practice. Let them be kids. Baseball is only just a game for so long before it becomes more serious. Don't take that away from your kid because you think that he should be better or because you feel like he or she is falling behind the others. There is nothing wrong with practicing or wanting what is best for your kid just don't confuse what is best for your kid with wanting your kid to be the best.

Less than 1% of these kids will end up 6'5 220 pounds throwing 95+ or hitting .400 with 15 bombs in the big leagues or even in college/juco. If you understand that going in as a parent things will be infinitely more enjoyable for both you and your kid. On the flip side there are kids every year that quit baseball from burnout that could have been that guy or had the potential to had their parents backed off a bit and let them be a kid.

Over analyzed. Dads and sons practicing baseball is not always perfect for the boy but overall it is a great and beneficial part of an American Tradition.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 01:22 PM
Over analyzed. Dads and sons practicing baseball is not always perfect for the boy but overall it is a great and beneficial part of an American Tradition.
That's what you got out of his post?

shoeless joe
06-24-2021, 01:24 PM

Exactly

And don’t get me started on travel ball vs. high school ball. It is absurd what parents will do to their kids to support their own agenda or their own public perception/image of themself and their family.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 01:32 PM
That's what you got out of his post?

Just Dont think its that big a deal. Not big enough for a 20 minute diatribe.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 02:47 PM
Just Dont think its that big a deal. Not big enough for a 20 minute diatribe.

Doesn't surprise me.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 02:48 PM
It is absurd what parents will do to their kids to support their own agenda or their own public perception/image of themself and their family.

That goes far beyond sports.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 03:21 PM
Review Spartan Boyhood History. We will be okay. No worries.

ImissCityBagel
06-24-2021, 09:29 PM

I grew up in coastal Louisiana playing baseball. It is a different animal for kids down there. So many dads living out their failed dreams through their kids. My dad might have been the worst. I remember when he told the coach to remove a kid from the lineup in earshot of the kid. He would embarassingly argue with the refs, the opposing coach, or our own coach. I used to love baseball, but he kind of made it something that was more about him and that took the fun out of it. But yeah. Louisiana youth baseball is scary. My dad wasn't the only one. Every game had a parent be that guy/woman. But maybe that's just the culture of bayeux baseball. The pressure to be good wasn't the problem. I went to the batting camps with my friends, so it was fun. But mostly my dad getting kicked out or nearly kicked out was bad and it was hard to feel like I did something wrong as a 9-10 year old. My dad even apologized about that stuff when I got older. I think he knew he was trying to "play baseball" more than I was.

I remember when I moved to Mississippi, I didn't like the youth baseball culture. It was way more sheltered and full of private school kids. Not that private school kids are bad, but it just felt like a "circle" if you know what I mean.

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2021, 10:27 PM

Maybe..................but the same could be said for college football. The fact is the recent SCOTUS ruling means its all going to be gone in a few years. The next thing they will do is ruin high school sports. You have to remember that the geeks on the court and the lawyers arguing this stuff before them ALL hated the jocks at the places they went to school. They want to DESTROY non-pro sports. They would destroy pro sports if they could. There the money defeats them........for now.

ImissCityBagel
06-24-2021, 10:53 PM
Maybe..................but the same could be said for college football. The fact is the recent SCOTUS ruling means its all going to be gone in a few years. The next thing they will do is ruin high school sports. You have to remember that the geeks on the court and the lawyers arguing this stuff before them ALL hated the jocks at the places they went to school. They want to DESTROY non-pro sports. They would destroy pro sports if they could. There the money defeats them........for now.

If college sports become "semi-pro" I will stop watching. That will ruin academia, encourage greed among kids, and invite the worst corruption colleges have ever seen. I would rather them remove college sports altogether and make club sports/minor leagues than the paying of college students. These kids get the chance to have an education, which is better than rolling around in a Dodge Charger or material things. I wish my kids could be "enslaved" to become an aerospace engineer and have the best years of his life in Starkville. I joined the military and worked my butt off to have the priviledge to become educated. It is so disrespectful for kids to feel entitled and want to be paid by universities that aren't even centrally sports institutions to begin with.

Percho
06-25-2021, 10:27 AM
As for me, I never watch MLB until the final couple of weeks of the regular season and the playoffs because there are a thousand games and none of it means much until the very end. I don't watch NBA at all because I'm just not interested in the product and the way its played.

Should have never have gone passed 154 reg season games.