PDA

View Full Version : Best MSU podcasts?

Pennywise
06-23-2021, 04:27 PM
What are your top three Mississippi State related podcasts?

Some may depend on the season we're in... but what are your go to pods for MSU?

Homedawg
06-23-2021, 04:29 PM
Out of left field.

RiverCityDawg
06-23-2021, 04:34 PM

I only have two that I always listen to.
Thunder and Lightning (except the weekly Rumblings episode)
Out of Left Field

Also, whenever Matt Wyatt puts out podcast content, but he only routinely has the daily radio show and I don't go back and listen except during football season.

I like Steve but the Boneyard is meh

Leroy Jenkins
06-23-2021, 05:11 PM
I generally only listen to one pod.

I started with Steve back in the day (for a few years), but I quit because I don't like being preached at and told how to feel. He's not quite haughty and self-important, but its close. I do tend to sway back Steve's way during signing periods. Then I moved to B Walker when he was at SEC Country, but his schtick grew old very quickly, he was just too immature to take for long periods; kinda like those MTV Jackass shows, OK in small doses but it gets tiring after a while.
For the last year or so I have settled in with Hadad and I don't see any reason to change as of yet.

PCHSDawg
06-23-2021, 05:38 PM
Thunder & Lightning, The Boneyard, occasionally Starkvegas Report and even more occasionally Black Dawgs Sports. Will look into Out of Left Field. Have been listening to Sportstalk MS replay on Mondays for the baseball coach call in segment and/or reaction to current events.

KOdawg1
06-23-2021, 06:12 PM
1. Thunder and Lightning
1b. Out of Left Field

(big gap)

3. The Boneyard

KOdawg1
06-23-2021, 06:14 PM
I generally only listen to one pod.

I started with Steve back in the day (for a few years), but I quit because I don't like being preached at and told how to feel. He's not quite haughty and self-important, but its close. I do tend to sway back Steve's way during signing periods. Then I moved to B Walker when he was at SEC Country, but his schtick grew old very quickly, he was just too immature to take for long periods; kinda like those MTV Jackass shows, OK in small doses but it gets tiring after a while.
For the last year or so I have settled in with Hadad and I don't see any reason to change as of yet.

Yeah, I used to love the boneyard but every episode is the same. I ended up feeling like I was less of a fan or something. He's also ridiculous with his sponsors. I get they pay the bills, but he gave a 3 minute ad read one day with Portico.

I never miss an episode of T&L or Out of LF

ImissCityBagel
06-23-2021, 06:35 PM
Does Brandon Walker still do his More Cowbell streams?

Hambone
06-23-2021, 06:36 PM
He does not.

ZedFedder
06-23-2021, 11:29 PM
Thunder and Lightning is the best for the whole year, and it isn’t even close.

Out of Left Field is great.

parabrave
06-23-2021, 11:38 PM
Hadad.

Jarius
06-23-2021, 11:44 PM
What is out of left field and who does the podcast? Not sure how I’ve never heard of it.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2021, 02:07 AM
Its the radio guys.

Hambone
06-24-2021, 05:49 AM
What is out of left field and who does the podcast? Not sure how I’ve never heard of it.

Bart Gregory and Charlie Winfield.

Very good pod and usually 45 minutes or less.

Captain Falcon
06-24-2021, 07:06 AM
Out of Left Field is by far the best from a quality standpoint, in my opinion. They get great interviews and they really know their stuff. Great historical knowledge and understanding of how the game works. They also do a very good job during football season. They don?t do the show daily, though, usually just a couple of times a week.

Thunder & Lightning is your best option if you?re looking for something with new content pretty much every day, they pretty consistently do 5 shows a week unless it?s the dead of summer when nothing is going on. Hadad is a good host and Robbie usually has good perspective too.

Pennywise
06-24-2021, 07:27 AM
What is out of left field and who does the podcast? Not sure how I?ve never heard of it.

Out Of Left Field (https://open.spotify.com/show/4P5fyH66sm5IHDzNnUQdXq?si=N5iwryAMQ7OyHvCqUGFBhA&dl_branch=1) is Bart Gregory and Charlie Winfield. They're awesome. I'd say it's got the most value per minute. It's usually a Sunday morning recap of the week, but they've been doing post game recaps here in the baseball postseason.

The Boneyard could be good if it was shorter. But Steve seems to feel he needs to be an hour plus each time. And we also get to hear his top ten Pantera or Motley Crue songs.... I skip those if I listen at all. And like some have mentioned, he tends to talk down to people as if they're not "enough of a fan".

Hadad has been consistent and is good. He's held it together quite well from Bob to Joel to Robbie.

The Sky Dawgs is pretty good during football season.

Hot Rock
06-24-2021, 08:18 AM
I listen to Thunder and Lightning then Boneyard.

Thunder and Lightning is just a fun and I enjoy them.

I really like the recaps that Steve does on baseball games and his recruiting tidbits. I usually skip the Top Ten lists.

I will check out Out of Left Field. Thanks

One thing, I never understood the complaining about a segment or too many ads. Every Podcast I have ever listened to has a fast forward button. Why in the heck are you sitting through something you don't like?

I don't listen to Steve's top ten lists but he apparently has a following that loves them.

For Football, I add in Unnecessary Roughness and Cover 3 which are more national broadcasts and both bring nice information.

I spend a lot of time in my car, so I got the time to listen to them and then some.

Fred Garvin
06-24-2021, 08:28 AM
1. Out of Left Field - by far the best. Very in-depth look at things
2. Thunder and Lightning - good banter and daily feed, but the wrestling commentary adds no value.
3. Boneyard - I appreciate his passion, but the show could easily be cut be cut in half

KOdawg1
06-24-2021, 09:10 AM
One thing, I never understood the complaining about a segment or too many ads. Every Podcast I have ever listened to has a fast forward button. Why in the heck are you sitting through something you don't like?

Bc I hit the skip button 5 times and he was still on the same ad.

Dawg2003
06-24-2021, 10:16 AM
I like Out of Left Field and Thunder and Lightning the same. The Sky Dawgs is underrated for football season. I enjoy the banter between the two hosts.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-24-2021, 10:17 AM

Thunder & Lightning is my favorite now. I like Robbie

RiverCityDawg
06-24-2021, 11:09 AM
1. Out of Left Field - by far the best. Very in-depth look at things
2. Thunder and Lightning - good banter and daily feed, but the wrestling commentary adds no value.
3. Boneyard - I appreciate his passion, but the show could easily be cut be cut in half

Good summary

When I listen to Boneyard, which is less and less these days, I always listen on 1.5x speed and skip through the commercials and top 10 list. Doing that way it's about 15-20mins.