PDA

View Full Version : Boy that early exit from the SECT seems like a distant memory

Indndawg
06-23-2021, 02:09 PM
in a universe far, far away.

This maybe a seed change in the way the top teams handle the SECT from now on.

ScoobaDawg
06-23-2021, 02:11 PM
If we are guaranteed to make it to Omaha let's not even go anymore haha.
I don't think that's Lemon's MO though.

Johnson85
06-23-2021, 02:18 PM

Not that far away for me. Still pissed about it.**

Rex54
06-23-2021, 02:27 PM
I was rooting for "2 and Q" on here before Hoover started and caught the same level of bullshit as I am in the Bednar starting Friday thread. I guess all you armchair sports psychologists weren't correct.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 02:56 PM
If you've got your seed locked up you go into the sect to get your guys live work and pray nobody gets hurt(like arky). You don't play to lose obviously but it's a great time to get your other pitchers valuable experience against sec competition and also get some other guys abs. And if you exit early you get your guys extra rest and set your rotation for regionals

OLJWales
06-23-2021, 03:10 PM
Yep. Some of us can't pass basic math,logic or baseball history

Jack Lambert
06-23-2021, 03:49 PM
I think the ACC was underrated but they brought that on themselves by not playing regular full season. Their teams are now hitting stride.

R2Dawg
06-23-2021, 08:42 PM
I was rooting for "2 and Q" on here before Hoover started and caught the same level of bullshit as I am in the Bednar starting Friday thread. I guess all you armchair sports psychologists weren't correct.

Going 2 and done wasn't the issue in Hoover; it was getting run ruled twice. No sense in that happening. But no one will trade SECT for Omaha so give it up. Sucking 2 games in Hoover have nothing to do with Omaha run. Deep run in SECT could though but we ain't done that in a while and I'm fine with that.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:48 PM
Going 2 and done wasn't the issue in Hoover; it was getting run ruled twice. No sense in that happening. But no one will trade SECT for Omaha so give it up. Sucking 2 games in Hoover have nothing to do with Omaha run. Deep run in SECT could though but we ain't done that in a while and I'm fine with that.
Getting run ruled was a byproduct of not caring. I preferred getting run ruled. Less innings less chances of injuries.

IMissJack
06-23-2021, 09:03 PM
in a universe far, far away

Bigger fish to fry!

MedDawg
06-24-2021, 04:45 PM

Teams have already de-emphasized the SECT. A few top teams go on and win it, but I've seen teams rest starters and not pitch them at all in the SECT.

I personally stated before the SECT that I hoped we go 0-2, and wished we could go 0-1 and get out earlier. I've enjoyed the years we have won the SECT, but this year I wanted out as quickly as possible. And did not care one bit that we got run-ruled. I remembered we were run-ruled in 2019 and went on to the CWS.

R2Dawg
06-24-2021, 09:22 PM
Getting run ruled was a byproduct of not caring. I preferred getting run ruled. Less innings less chances of injuries.

Getting run ruled twice is never good for the psychological part of any team. Heck, may be part of Fristoe and Mac decline, who knows. Not caring ain't good and I don't believe that. Maybe not as focused, but not caring is a who nother thing.

Rex54
06-24-2021, 09:46 PM
Getting run ruled twice is never good for the psychological part of any team.
https://media.vlipsy.com/vlips/bDU8tFEU/preview.jpg
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/djournal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/81/181f574f-9caf-5fb7-92cc-01144496b573/60d2a3769497d.image.jpg?resize=400%2C499

Cooterpoot
06-24-2021, 09:50 PM
Nobody cares about leaving early. But you don't go look like shit no matter what. You still compete. If you want to throw the low end guys, great. But don't completely drop a rotten egg. Have some pride.

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2021, 09:53 PM
The SEC tourny has too many teams and is a blatant money grab for Hoover and the SEC. It actually hurts the top SEC team's chances in the NCAA's. No more than two teams from each division should be REQUIRED to go. I say REQUIRED to go because the top 2 in each division should see it that way.......they are being FORCED to play in something HARMFUL to their national title chances.

Todd4State
06-24-2021, 09:56 PM
The SEC tourny has too many teams and is a blatant money grab for Hoover and the SEC. It actually hurts the top SEC team's chances in the NCAA's. No more than two teams from each division should be REQUIRED to go. I say REQUIRED to go because the top 2 in each division should see it that way.......they are being FORCED to play in something HARMFUL to their national title chances.

I agree. I think the top 3-4 teams should have the option to opt out.

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2021, 10:13 PM

If they would limit it to the same thing as a four team regional then that would be fine. That is what it used to be, hosted by one of the division champions. I went to the one at MSU in 1985. The BS now is an absolute money grab by Birmingham. It hurts our top teams.

Commercecomet24
06-24-2021, 10:21 PM

Well said.

Homedawg
06-24-2021, 10:31 PM

You have so many stupid takes it's hard to decipher one from the other....

Homedawg
06-24-2021, 10:32 PM
I think the ACC was underrated but they brought that on themselves by not playing regular full season. Their teams are now hitting stride.

The acc did play a full season. Not sure what you mean. Notes came chose not to play out of conference

Commercecomet24
06-24-2021, 10:32 PM
You have so many stupid takes it's hard to decipher one from the other....

You got that right!

Homedawg
06-24-2021, 10:33 PM

That's not even a remote possibility. And wouldnt work.

Jack Lambert
06-25-2021, 10:56 AM
The acc did play a full season. Not sure what you mean. Notes came chose not to play out of conference

NC State only played maybe 8 out of conference games. Notre Dame may not have played any out of conference games. You can't really get a good read on a team when that happens. Those teams don't get all those games that makes you better. These ACC team were late developing.

SheltonChoked
06-25-2021, 11:31 AM

Lemonis is just playing out his year after getting fired for losing those massively important games.***