PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss board continues to deliver...

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 12:02 PM
They are just too stupid, and it pleases me. Imagine still being able to post this if you were an Ole Miss fan....

https://i.imgflip.com/5ea9ib.jpg

PCHSDawg
06-23-2021, 12:04 PM
Yeah, their take that the only reason we are in Omaha and they are O.M.A.H.A. is because John Cohen sabotaged them and set us up are hilarious.

Offshore Dawg
06-23-2021, 12:06 PM
<17> um in everything they do.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 12:12 PM
They're missing the most obvious things, and I almost don't want to say them bc I fear one day they'll figure it out....but it's a culture thing at State, and no recruiting or managing can change that. They have a culture issue. They have too many guys more worried about looking good than winning. They care more about how good they can handshake and chest bump and color their hair for the postseason, than winning the damn games. It's a culture that resonates through their whole program. That's why their fans would give up their football program before they'd give up the grove. It's why on the Spirit the big thread about us is about how much "PR" we're getting. About how the camera guys picked out our prettiest girls in the crowd and stuff like that. It shows that they care more about publicity and appearance than about substance. We want to win games, they want to win parties and PR. But they're too damn dumb to realize it...and it pleases me. Bc with their mindset, I never truly have to worry about them winning it all

TrapGame
06-23-2021, 12:23 PM
They're missing the most obvious things, and I almost don't want to say them bc I fear one day they'll figure it out....but it's a culture thing at State, and no recruiting or managing can change that. They have a culture issue. They have too many guys more worried about looking good than winning. They care more about how good they can handshake and chest bump and color their hair for the postseason, than winning the damn games. It's a culture that resonates through their whole program. That's why their fans would give up their football program before they'd give up the grove. It's why on the Spirit the big thread about us is about how much "PR" we're getting. About how the camera guys picked out our prettiest girls in the crowd and stuff like that. It shows that they care more about publicity and appearance than about substance. We want to win games, they want to win parties and PR. But they're too damn dumb to realize it...and it pleases me. Bc with their mindset, I never truly have to worry about them winning it all

This is 100% truth.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:25 PM
They just keep on making themselves look foolish. What a bunch of idiots. They should be totally embarrassed for even posting something that stupid. That's the most delusional crap I've ever seen!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:26 PM

You just wrapped it up in a nutshell. Great post!

Jack Lambert
06-23-2021, 12:34 PM
They always forget that they have been dominated by State for several years now. If our guys are average what does that make them? The bottom line is they don't know how to win the big one. You can blame the coach on that but they keep giving him raises and extensions. you can also blame over rated players on their team. They have one good pitcher and that's it.

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 12:38 PM
They are so green, with envy, Kermit the Frog 🐸 would be jealous!

Dolphus Raymond
06-23-2021, 12:39 PM
CadaverDawg dropped a nuclear truth bomb.

SaintDawg
06-23-2021, 12:40 PM
I cant remember if I read it here on ED or heard it on the radio or tv, but someone made the comment, "Swayze Field was built to throw beer, Dudy Noble was built to host Super Regionals." It is absolutely a culture thing.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Bianco is a good recruiter but not a good in game coach and extremely poor at handling his pitching staff. His approach to his pitching staff is high schoolish, thinking he only needs 2 pitchers and he rides them into the ground.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 12:50 PM
Is Rex really Bianco?

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 12:51 PM
They always forget that they have been dominated by State for several years now. If our guys are average what does that make them? The bottom line is they don't know how to win the big one. You can blame the coach on that but they keep giving him raises and extensions. you can also blame over rated players on their team. They have one good pitcher and that's it.

👆 This! 👆
How do you spell clueless?
O-L-E M-I-S-S

shoeless joe
06-23-2021, 01:01 PM

Posted this the other day but your take is almost exactly what John Cohen said in a radio interview. A certain type of player is attracted to play at state. Another type is attracted to being seen at Umiss.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2021, 01:12 PM

I don't know if I totally buy this...Bench Mob? Tanner Allens Mohawk, beards, mullets etc. All college teams have these type players. They are after all kids you know. OM problem is two words: Mike Bianco

somebodyshotmypaw
06-23-2021, 01:16 PM
Thanks for posting this cadaver. This is awesome.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:18 PM
I don't know if I totally buy this...Bench Mob? Tanner Allens Mohawk, beards, mullets etc. All college teams have these type players. They are after all kids you know. OM problem is two words: Mike Bianco

Nobody said you can't still be a kid...but when you prioritize attention and appearance over winning, you probably won't win.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2021, 01:19 PM
Nobody said you can't still be a kid...but when you prioritize attention and appearance over winning, you probably won't win.

Do you have actual proof that they prefer looking good over winning though? We are just better coached. PERIOD

MagicDawg
06-23-2021, 01:21 PM
Out of curiosity -- how do you all read the OM Spirit? Is it included with a subscription to State's 24/7 content?

I notice that I didn't need a subscription to read the Texas commentary about State on 24/7 linked elsewhere.

Some 24/7 boards are "subscription only" to read and others aren't?

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Out of curiosity -- how do you all read the OM Spirit? Is it included with a subscription to State's 24/7 content?

I notice that I didn't need a subscription to read the Texas commentary about State on 24/7 linked elsewhere.

Some 24/7 boards are "subscription only" to read and others aren't?

Yeah it's free with 247 subscription.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:25 PM
One more for good fodder....

https://i.imgflip.com/5ealro.jpg

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:26 PM
Do you have actual proof that they prefer looking good over winning though? We are just better coached. PERIOD

I'm not here to argue it. If you want to believe that Polk, McMahon, Cohen, Henderson, Cannizzaro, and Lemonis are all just that much better than Bianco and their talent wouldnt at some point overcome his terrible coaching (that managed to get them to Supers almost every year), be my guest.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 01:29 PM
in the words of Joe Cocker .... cry me a river !

ETA don't forget to read my signature below

ScoobaDawg
06-23-2021, 01:37 PM

They have all that but the biggest thing... is the one they just resigned for millions of dollars. They have a coaching problem.
Bianco will not win the big game and likely will never get past a super regional again. Keep living on that legacy he built against Polk II. it's long gone and we are firmly in the drivers seat.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-23-2021, 01:48 PM
I'm not here to argue it. If you want to believe that Polk, McMahon, Cohen, Henderson, Cannizzaro, and Lemonis are all just that much better than Bianco and their talent wouldnt at some point overcome his terrible coaching (that managed to get them to Supers almost every year), be my guest.

ok I will. hahaha Bianco doesn't manage the game well. He chokes in the biggest moments. So yes all those coaches are better.

OLJWales
06-23-2021, 01:50 PM
This is just another example of why my dads decision to jump ship was a good en.

Leroy Jenkins
06-23-2021, 01:50 PM
They are just too stupid, and it pleases me. Imagine still being able to post this if you were an Ole Miss fan....

https://i.imgflip.com/5ea9ib.jpg

Man, if we have all these stats, analytics, and rankings why even bother to play the game?

MadDawg
06-23-2021, 02:05 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/F2WFyAfpfVfFe/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2021, 02:06 PM

So the year Ole Miss was like the #4 National Seed and had no P5 teams in their Regional and still lost, was that Cohen knowing that Tennessee Tech was a powerhouse that year?

Indndawg
06-23-2021, 02:06 PM
attracted to OM and a certain type is attracted to MSU.

If you're serious about your: studies, game, etc...you come to MSU

If you're serious about your: parties, showmanship, vapid things of life...you choose OM. Pretty simple

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2021, 02:08 PM
Also, we have played the "hottest team in the country" two regionals in a row. We also played a Notre Dame team that everyone said should have been a National Seed with most having them around a 5-6 seed. Whereas Ole Miss was beaten like a drum by a team that was then the first out of the CWS.

MadDawg
06-23-2021, 02:10 PM
So the year Ole Miss was like the #4 National Seed and had no P5 teams in their Regional and still lost, was that Cohen knowing that Tennessee Tech was a powerhouse that year?

Yep. Tennessee Freakin Tech is the answer to all these crying baby rebel fans. They can eat a dick.

OLJWales
06-23-2021, 03:24 PM
This thread seems too good to be true. If a State fan posted similar drivel 99% of our fans would disown it.

MaroonFlounder
06-23-2021, 03:29 PM
I'd take their shortstop, Gonzalez, for his bat. That's about it.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 04:00 PM

Correct, but what you left out is that both programs attract the type of players that fit their culture. Until OM changes their culture, the right type of players, regardless of talent, won?t be attracted to their program.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 04:06 PM
The difference between MSU and OM in baseball is the same difference between Alabama and Georgia/Texas in football.

It?s hard to put your finger on it but we know exactly what it is. Doesn?t matter how many 5 stars they collect, they won?t beat the culture.

UGA and TX could hire a hundred coaches and it would make no difference. It means something different when you put on certain jerseys.

Look how many non high round Major Leaguers MSU has produced. Tells you all you need to know.

thf24
06-23-2021, 04:16 PM

That guy is just visibly unhinged. He was viciously attacking anyone who didn't agree with him. Probably just saying what most of them are thinking, though.

Pennywise
06-23-2021, 04:19 PM
I'll admit they spend a whole lot of time making TikTok videos. Seems over 50% of them have JRP featured as well. I'd be pissed if I was a normal starter. But he seems to be the athletic program's poster child.

Cowbell
06-23-2021, 04:20 PM
Some guys worry about looking good, what clothes to wear, how their hair looks, and what car they drive just to get girls.

And then there are grown men who don't worry about that stuff, do what they want to do, and the girls just show up.

And the pretty boys never understand why the real men get the girls.

Homedawg
06-23-2021, 04:31 PM

He wasn't even on the committee then. That's where they blame templeton. That's the beauty of it. They blame him for the last 20 years.

Liverpooldawg
06-23-2021, 04:45 PM

Bianco is a good coach. They were absolutely nothing before he got there, and that's probably where they go when he leaves.

Dolphus Raymond
06-23-2021, 05:41 PM
I think (my opinion) Bianco is a good coach, but I can?t explain why Ole Miss can?t make it to Omaha. Until recently, I thought it was simply That?s Baseball and Sh!t Happens. Now? It has to be a combination of the culture of the program and coaching.

OLJWales
06-23-2021, 05:51 PM
I think (my opinion) Bianco is a good coach, but I can?t explain why Ole Miss can?t make it to Omaha. Until recently, I thought it was simply That?s Baseball and Sh!t Happens. Now? It has to be a combination of the culture of the program and coaching.

They've had elite crootin but not elite results. Coach sucks on the field.

Dolphus Raymond
06-23-2021, 06:01 PM
Someone on this forum wrote the following (Or something very close.) a while back:
Ole Miss attracts guys who play baseball. Mississippi State attracts baseball players.
Lot of truth to that.

Mjoelner34
06-23-2021, 06:16 PM
The difference between MSU and OM in baseball is the same difference between Alabama and Georgia/Texas in football.

It?s hard to put your finger on it but we know exactly what it is.

Players come here because of the image of the program. (high level, hard-nosed competition which leads to self improvement). Players go there because of the image of the school. (reputation as a party school, constantly over inflated pre-season rankings which leads to undeserved media worship and is bought into by those that are seeking it out) It's like a perpetual motion machine which just keeps feeding itself.

smootness
06-23-2021, 06:19 PM
Ahahahahahaha

So a team not nearly as good beat them, finished higher in the SEC, won a tough SR, and is now 2-0 in Omaha? After dominating them for years?

Well, they've left themselves only one explanation then...we have huge balls and dragged them across their face.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 06:24 PM
Ahahahahahaha

So a team not nearly as good beat them, finished higher in the SEC, won a tough SR, and is now 2-0 in Omaha? After dominating them for years?

Well, they've left themselves only one explanation then...we have huge balls and dragged them across their face.

That was absolutely ELLIQUENT 👍

KOdawg1
06-23-2021, 06:25 PM

Post of the year

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 06:31 PM
Ahahahahahaha

Man that was awesome!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 06:35 PM

Good coach not great or elite. Good recruiter but not a good in game coach or tactician and absolutely horrible at handling a pitching staff. This is why they struggle in the postseason when they run up against elite in game coaches with equal or even a little less talent.

Todd4State
06-23-2021, 07:10 PM
Ole Miss hurt itself in baseball recruiting when they didn't extend Bianco a couple of years ago. It's coming.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2021, 07:36 PM
Ahahahahahaha

https://media2.giphy.com/media/8Iv5lqKwKsZ2g/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 07:47 PM
Ahahahahahaha

https://media4.giphy.com/media/1FnPDkhFZDgoU/giphy.gif

Bdawg
06-23-2021, 10:57 PM
Ahahahahahaha

Perfectly put, I must say!! Their chin should be getting pretty sore by now!

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 11:05 PM
Ahahahahahaha

https://i.imgur.com/TRf9ngq.gif?noredirect

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 11:07 PM
Their chin should be getting pretty sore by now!

Sore? More like....eh, never mind....best not to go X-rated.**

Schultzy
06-23-2021, 11:10 PM
Arizona, their Super opponent, two and done and got blown out.

Bdawg
06-23-2021, 11:14 PM
Sore? More like....eh, never mind....best not to go X-rated.**

Good idea. Ha ha

Jarius
06-23-2021, 11:39 PM
I think Bianco is the reason they can’t get over the hump but I also think Bianco is the only reason they aren’t Missouri. Their job isn’t what they think it is and I think their brass figured that out when Bianco was flirting with LSU. The talk of them hiring Godwin and the Louisville coach was a pipe dream. Their fans don’t want to admit it but a really good sitting head coach isn’t going to sign up to play second fiddle in their own state and this is one sport they will always be little brother in. We had to “settle” for a coach that was in the big 10 and we have the best facilities in college baseball.

TNDawg35
06-24-2021, 01:40 AM
I think Bianco is the reason they can?t get over the hump but I also think Bianco is the only reason they aren?t Missouri. Their job isn?t what they think it is and I think their brass figured that out when Bianco was flirting with LSU. The talk of them hiring Godwin and the Louisville coach was a pipe dream. Their fans don?t want to admit it but a really good sitting head coach isn?t going to sign up to play second fiddle in their own state and this is one sport they will always be little brother in. We had to ?settle? for a coach that was in the big 10 and we have the best facilities in college baseball.

Big time coaches don?t just up and leave in college baseball. Schloss wanted out due to a problem with the administration. Very rarely do established coaches actually leave unless it?s a situation where they are going home.

The narrative now is Bianco turned LSU down. They forgot all about a week ago they were saying he wasn?t getting extended and was either retiring or going to LSU. The thing with Godwin and McDonnell is they think just cause they were assistants at Ole Miss at one time, they want to come back. There is no chance McDonnell comes back to Ole Miss and faces Lemonis, who he is very close with. Hell he even has told the public that a couple times. Yet they think they are a top 5 job for some damn reason?

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2021, 02:09 AM
Don't know about you, but we have prettier girls and more of them.

Cowbell
06-24-2021, 06:35 AM
Don't know about you, but we have prettier girls and more of them.

Ummm...no. But ours aren't traditionally as snobby and high maintenance.

TrapGame
06-24-2021, 09:42 AM

Which makes them far more attractive.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 09:49 AM
Which makes them far more attractive.

This.

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2021, 10:22 AM

My wife worked in the beauty industry in Jackson, MS and the amount of girls getting boob and nose jobs just to get into the "right" sorority was staggering. Ole Miss girls are "fake" pretty.

TNDawg35
06-24-2021, 11:07 AM
My wife worked in the beauty industry in Jackson, MS and the amount of girls getting boob and nose jobs just to get into the "right" sorority was staggering. Ole Miss girls are "fake" pretty.

Pics of boob jobs or your lying…

Ari Gold
06-24-2021, 11:36 AM
100% the culture is one of the issues leading to OM not getting to Omaha but once in MB era but..

As soon as MB leaves or retires or whatever something with his name goes up somewhere on that stadium ,and it should go up the next day. He is the main reason they are at the level they are now
If Hougland doesn’t go down they probably make it to Omaha And there’s a reason that kid went to OM and no mlb gabe him the bonus he wanted. Because of what happened to his arm. They knew it was going to be an issue eventually. That was told straight to me by someone inside the baseball program .
Question MB all you want bottom line is he gets kids , very talented kids to that school somehow. You can question him for not making it to the CWS more but like that same baseball insider there told me if he And the program wasn’t compared to what we do here it wouldn’t be as big of an issue..
OM better be very careful who the next hire is there they are a bad hire away from being Kentucky. You saw how quick Nick Mingione set that program back, and what USC cocks have down since Tanner stepped down.. so please **** up that next hire
Wether you believe in baseball Gods or karma or not , they don’t like the OM baseball program and frankly who can blame them

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 12:40 PM
Pics of boob jobs or your lying…

Repped, well, tried to must spread

Jack Lambert
06-24-2021, 12:44 PM

And ours wear panties.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 12:53 PM
And ours wear panties.

Ever had a date surprise you that she's not wearing any?

TrapGame
06-24-2021, 12:57 PM
Ever had a date surprise you that she's not wearing any?

My wife didn't start wearing panties regularly until after we got married.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 01:00 PM
Repped

MedDawg
06-24-2021, 04:35 PM
Big time coaches don?t just up and leave in college baseball. Schloss wanted out due to a problem with the administration. Very rarely do established coaches actually leave unless it?s a situation where they are going home.

The narrative now is Bianco turned LSU down. They forgot all about a week ago they were saying he wasn?t getting extended and was either retiring or going to LSU. The thing with Godwin and McDonnell is they think just cause they were assistants at Ole Miss at one time, they want to come back. There is no chance McDonnell comes back to Ole Miss and faces Lemonis, who he is very close with. Hell he even has told the public that a couple times. Yet they think they are a top 5 job for some damn reason?

They think the town of Oxford (not necessarily the school or program) is the most-desired destination of every coach, especially those who have been assistants at OM then left. They also think the Grove is something players and coaches care about.

One OM poster said they should hire Godwin as a "coach-in-waiting" under Bianco. They believe that Godwin would leave being a head coach at East Carolina to be an assistant at Ole Miss.

Drugs Delaney
06-24-2021, 04:40 PM

She still goes commando from time to time

TrapGame
06-24-2021, 05:13 PM
She still goes commando from time to time

Nope now it's all lacy panties from Lane Bryant. But those were the days.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 06:35 PM
Nope now it's all lacy panties from Lane Bryant. But those were the days.

I still rip 'em off with my teeth from time to time. Keep the shreds for trophy purposes.