PDA

View Full Version : So who do we want to face? Texas or Virginia

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:06 AM
My first thought was "obviously Virginia, Texas is the #2 overall seed"....but Virginia has a lot of arms, so I'm not real sure. Y'all tell me

FriarsPoint
06-23-2021, 01:53 AM
Either way, we?ll face Abbot or Madden.

TNDawg35
06-23-2021, 04:35 AM
Either way, we?ll face Abbot or Madden.

I bet we would face the Hinson or whatever his name is from TX instead of Madden. Unless they pitch him against UVA. I wouldn’t be surprised to see UVA throw Abbot against Tx tho.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-23-2021, 05:22 AM
I mean, Virgina has the worse offense of the 2, and we hit every reliever they threw at us. I have to believe those were their best bullpen guys too. Texas fans on reddit say their pen is really deep

I'm going with Virginia

chef dixon
06-23-2021, 06:55 AM
UVA is not really that great of a team and Texas is probably not as good as their ranking. Bring on either one.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-23-2021, 07:06 AM
Virginia

ZedFedder
06-23-2021, 07:07 AM
Virginia. No doubt.

MetEdDawg
06-23-2021, 07:09 AM
Virginia is better than what they came in as. But make no mistake you would rather play Virginia than Texas.

TNDawg35
06-23-2021, 07:34 AM
I mean, Virgina has the worse offense of the 2, and we hit every reliever they threw at us. I have to believe those were their best bullpen guys too. Texas fans on reddit say their pen is really deep

I'm going with Virginia

It may be, but ask them if it was really deep why they threw their 1 and 2 starters against us in the opening game…

basedog
06-23-2021, 07:39 AM
Texas will beat Virginia. I really don't care.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 07:45 AM
Texas will beat Virginia. I really don't care.

Exactly. It doesn't matter who we'd rather face. We're GOING TO face Texas and top 10 pick Ty Madden.

basedog
06-23-2021, 07:49 AM
Exactly. It doesn't matter who we'd rather face. We're GOING TO face Texas and top 10 pick Ty Madden.

Madden is just another pitcher at this time, it doesn't matter and our guys probably don't care, to be the best, you beat the best! I like our chances, everybody is good right now.

Santiago
06-23-2021, 07:51 AM
Maybe a question is which team's parents do we want ESPN to show during our game Friday.
We need our guys, Dak, Simmons, etc to get there this weekend.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2021, 08:17 AM
I think Virginia is way better than Texas. Much more talented team

Cooterpoot
06-23-2021, 08:19 AM
VA. Their pen is a lot thinner and less talented than TX.

TheRef
06-23-2021, 01:06 PM
I'd go with UVA. They're a true fundamental team and play with momentum, maybe moreso than us. However, I don't want to run into the buzzsaw of Texas for a third time this year. Last thing we need is to play the law of averages with the Longhorns when they're comfy in Omaha. Also, UVA is undefeated in elimination games this postseason so they are comfortable in a "do or die" situation. Either way, we're getting the best from both teams, and we can play it a bit easier, so to speak.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 01:35 PM
I'd go with UVA. They're a true fundamental team and play with momentum, maybe moreso than us. However, I don't want to run into the buzzsaw of Texas for a third time this year. Last thing we need is to play the law of averages with the Longhorns when they're comfy in Omaha. Also, UVA is undefeated in elimination games this postseason so they are comfortable in a "do or die" situation. Either way, we're getting the best from both teams, and we can play it a bit easier, so to speak.

this ... exactly as stated. If we end up playing Texas we will have to play them twice

Cowbell
06-24-2021, 08:41 AM
this ... exactly as stated. If we end up playing Texas we will have to play them twice

I don't understand this thinking

Dawgbite
06-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Maybe a question is which team's parents do we want ESPN to show during our game Friday.
We need our guys, Dak, Simmons, etc to get there this weekend.

I really didn't realize all our players were orphans, I knew they were short, but talk about a double whammy.

smootness
06-24-2021, 09:03 AM

They technically were eliminated in the ACCT.

And are we giving them credit for losing games and putting themselves in elimination games? No team left in this thing has lost an elimination game in the tourney.

Cowbell
06-24-2021, 09:04 AM
I really didn't realize all our players were orphans, I knew they were short, but talk about a double whammy.

Except for TA - his famous dad just isn't getting recognized by the announcers

FISHDAWG
06-24-2021, 10:54 AM
I don't understand this thinking

because I think Texas will beat us in the first game ... I felt like we have pushed our luck with them already