PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my little fella

preachermatt83
06-22-2021, 11:59 PM
I know it may not seem like much compared to some of the things you fellas deal with but I would appreciate a prayer lifted up on behalf of my 5 year old. He?s tough as nails. He fell off the trampoline, broke his arm and dislocated his elbow. He hasn?t really shed a single tear. Walked in living room and said ?I think I broke a bone. His elbow looked like Nicky fits ankle. It was rough. Will be having surgery in the morning at Blair batson so I really appreciate the prayers. Lobe my bulldawg brethren and the elite dawg family! #HailState

Oh, and he said ?tell Katie(his gf) that I didn?t cry?. Lol

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 12:00 AM
His name is Ripley. We call him Rip. (What a baseball name huh?

mparkerfd20
06-23-2021, 12:01 AM
Prayers for little Rip...and for mom.and dad too!

DownwardDawg
Prayers to the little guy!!! He sounds strong so I know he'll be fine!!!
God be with him.

Cowbell

You got it man! Hope he mends quickly!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:02 AM
Praying for him!

Rex54
06-23-2021, 12:04 AM
Good luck, sounds like a tough future Dawg

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 12:09 AM

My daughter's name is Ripley as well, Preach.

Great minds and all, lol.

Here's to his quick recovery, dude.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:12 AM

You an aliens fan?

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 12:13 AM
You an aliens fan?

Ya got me, lol.

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 12:14 AM

That’s pretty cool!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:19 AM
Ya got me, lol.

Haha! Loved the first 2 movies!

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:20 AM
Keep us posted on his progress preachermatt!

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 12:22 AM
Oh No! Rip, praying for speedy healing, with as little pain as possible. And for strength and comfort for all of you.
You are undoubtedly one tough hombre. I have no doubt the Avengers would love to have you on their team.

FriarsPoint
06-23-2021, 12:26 AM
Hang in there little guy. The Lord our God loves His children.

trob115
06-23-2021, 01:11 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery and successful surgery!

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:26 AM
Prayers up for Rip (and his daddy)

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 02:24 AM
Thanks so much fellas. He’s resting. Hopefully the surgery will be first thing this morning. The hospital doesn’t even have a room right now so we are sitting in Er room. It’s miserable. His mom is laying on the floor. I’m sitting here in a hard chair. But thankful to see my tough guy getting some sleep

Saltydog
06-23-2021, 05:24 AM
I know it may not seem like much compared to some of the things you fellas deal with but I would appreciate a prayer lifted up on behalf of my 5 year old. He?s tough as nails. He fell off the trampoline, broke his arm and dislocated his elbow. He hasn?t really shed a single tear. Walked in living room and said ?I think I broke a bone. His elbow looked like Nicky fits ankle. It was rough. Will be having surgery in the morning at Blair batson so I really appreciate the prayers. Lobe my bulldawg brethren and the elite dawg family! #HailState

Prayers for you and your little fella. Hope it all goes well, Preach?..

Sienfield
06-23-2021, 06:35 AM
Prayers for Rip for a successful surgery and quick healing.

basedog
06-23-2021, 08:00 AM
Prayers preach, several years ago I went to the Egg Bowl on a Thursday night, JWS was still our coach and Cutcliff was still coaching. Anyway after a long night and exciting comeback win I get home very late. Next morning my youngest daughter who was about 5, keeps bugging me to take her outside to swing which was high in a tree with a tire seat. My wife was on my tail as I was bragging around being "dawg" tired. I took her outside only for her saying "higher daddy higher" as I was pushing her. For whatever reason she jumps out of the seat and flies several yards high and away from the seat. Well she also broke her elbow and as she was flying out of the seat I saw death hitting the ground. But the good Lord blessed me and her that day as we sat in emergency for hours waiting for the right doctor to show up. He did and he drove us to St Dominic and had his buddy Doctor to fix her broken arm with a pin in her elbow!
Talk about feeling like the lowest human being on earth for a few days! She never cried!

Maverick91
06-23-2021, 08:22 AM
Praying for Rip and the Fam!

Extendedcab
06-23-2021, 08:54 AM
My family's prayers are with you and your son!

RocketDawg
06-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Oh my goodness. I know he has to be in terrible pain. My wife tripped over our cat yesterday mornng and cracked her left arm near the shoulder socket. She's in so much pain and feels so terrible that we had to cancel this morning's ortho appointment (spent most of yesterday in the ER).

Hope everything goes well with little Rip. He's tough as nails. Tell him a few tears won't make him any less of a man under the circumstances.

Santiago
06-23-2021, 09:31 AM
Prayers!

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Prayers preach, several years ago I went to the Egg Bowl on a Thursday night, JWS was still our coach and Cutcliff was still coaching. Anyway after a long night and exciting comeback win I get home very late. Next morning my youngest daughter who was about 5, keeps bugging me to take her outside to swing which was high in a tree with a tire seat. My wife was on my tail as I was bragging around being "dawg" tired. I took her outside only for her saying "higher daddy higher" as I was pushing her. For whatever reason she jumps out of the seat and flies several yards high and away from the seat. Well she also broke her elbow and as she was flying out of the seat I saw death hitting the ground. But the good Lord blessed me and her that day as we sat in emergency for hours waiting for the right doctor to show up. He did and he drove us to St Dominic and had his buddy Doctor to fix her broken arm with a pin in her elbow!
Talk about feeling like the lowest human being on earth for a few days! She never cried!

Everything heal up fine with her?

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 10:12 AM
Oh my goodness. I know he has to be in terrible pain. My wife tripped over our cat yesterday mornng and cracked her left arm near the shoulder socket. She's in so much pain and feels so terrible that we had to cancel this morning's ortho appointment (spent most of yesterday in the ER).

Hope everything goes well with little Rip. He's tough as nails. Tell him a few tears won't make him any less of a man under the circumstances.

Thanks buddy. And praying for you guys as well!

Percho
06-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Prayers sent Matt and more to come.

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 12:29 PM
Thinking about little Rip, and hoping all is going well.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 12:33 PM
I don't know the little guy but I like him already ... prayers for speedy recovery and a baseball schollie to state in the future

basedog
06-23-2021, 12:35 PM
Everything heal up fine with her?

Yes, great recovery when you are at an early age. Her elbow was badly broken, she never cried. I forgot the pediatric surgeon name but he was awesome. Man seeing her fly out of that swing and landing on her elbow was one scary moment. As she was flying I was like she is fixing to get killed!

Your son will heal quickly!

ScoobaDawg
06-23-2021, 02:48 PM
In my thoughts Matt... I believe the Lord will bless your son with healing and may he make a full recovery.

Goldendawg
06-23-2021, 09:11 PM
Praying for 100% recovery.

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 10:35 PM
Finally had surgery around 4 this evening and did great. Got him a camo cast so he’s pumped. He just wanted to make sure he didn’t miss a state game while he was asleep lol. We are back home and he’s doing well. Thanks again guys!!

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 10:37 PM
Finally had surgery around 4 this evening and did great. Got him a camo cast so he’s pumped. He just wanted to make sure he didn’t miss a state game while he was asleep lol. We are back home and he’s doing well. Thanks again guys!!

Thanks for the update, Preach. Awesome news!

Get that kid a pizza, ha.

Bdawg
06-23-2021, 11:12 PM
Good news. Praying for speedy recovery.

Memphisbulldog
06-23-2021, 11:34 PM

Put a net around the trampoline.

basedog
06-24-2021, 07:45 AM

Do like I did, take down swing and trampoline, find other adventures preach!

Offshore Dawg
06-24-2021, 09:07 AM

Great news on the healing, and get rid of the trampoline.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 09:22 AM
I can't stand to even look at a trampoline after my sister broke her leg on one.

TrapGame
06-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Prayers bro. My wife broke her arm on a tramp when she was a kid. She won't get twenty feet around one now. When our girls jumped on a tramp at a friends she'd go wacko mom on them.

Memphisbulldog
06-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Do like I did, take down swing and trampoline, find other adventures preach!

I was nervous about my trampoline when it did not have a net around it. The nets are made for the trampoline. No way to fall off. I'd keep the trampoline.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 02:51 PM
I know the nets have made a huge difference but I can't help but getting nautious everytime I see one based on what happened to my sister.

Remember those steel arrow dart toys everybody was so thrilled over? (sorry youngsters, you don't remember). Sometimes we are not that smart.

BeardoMSU
06-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Prayers bro. My wife broke her arm on a tramp when she was a kid. She won't get twenty feet around one now. When our girls jumped on a tramp at a friends she'd go wacko mom on them.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of them. Our neighbors have one, but it has a net, thankfully. I definitely don't remember them having nets back in the day. Speaking of back in the day, I remember doing the "double-jump" thing at a friends house as a kid with him and his brother; it puts you in the stratosphere. So dumb. It's a wonder we didn't die, lol.

preachermatt83
06-24-2021, 07:27 PM
His has a net. His foot slipped jumping off of it.

preachermatt83
06-24-2021, 07:27 PM
We are home and he is doing pretty good!! Thanks again guys. So much!!

RocketDawg
06-24-2021, 07:34 PM
When I was in high school in Meridian, we had a trampoline as part of our PE class. One of the girls, I think in my year in school, was doing a certain jump (I think it was called a "sit drop" or something of the sort), came down wrong, and dislocated her hip. She was in tremendous pain. Trampolines can be dangerous if not used carefully.

TigerMomofaDawg
06-24-2021, 07:56 PM
Prayers of thanksgiving that the surgery went well. Continued prayers for little Ripley?s full and speedy recovery ❤️*🩹