PDA

View Full Version : Rank the 6 remaining teams by their probability of winning it all

Quaoarsking
06-22-2021, 11:01 PM
#6 - Vanderbilt. They're not that impressive beyond Rocker and Leiter, who are outstanding. But they're going to have to win 3 games in a row without Leiter, and Rocker is only pitching in one of them. Or maybe they can throw Rocker Friday and Leiter Saturday, but it would be pretty iffy to get either of them in the championship series if they do that and win both. I would have had them at #1 had they won yesterday, but I just don't see it falling into place for them.

#5 - Virginia. They have been impressive, but I just don't see a mid-tier ACC team having the horses to beat Texas-Mississippi State-Mississippi State on 3 consecutive days and then win the championship series with a depleted staff.

#4 - Stanford. The team no one's talking about. Slotted in here by default.

#3 - Texas. Was tempted to put them in at #2, but beating Virginia-Mississippi State-Mississippi State on 3 consecutive days is not a strong possibility, and they'll have to deplete their pitching staff to do it.

#2 - NC State. Getting some definite "team of destiny" vibes from them, but they just don't have the talent to compete with ...

#1 - #HailState. Not a homer pick. The stars are aligning this year in a way they didn't in previous Omaha trips.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2021, 11:10 PM
You just got to taunt the dead Indians, don't you?

BeardoMSU
06-22-2021, 11:14 PM
You just got to taunt the dead Indians, don't you?

They can't hurt you if you dig 'em up before they do.**

bobtail bob
06-22-2021, 11:26 PM
Don't touch the money !!!!!

FriarsPoint
06-22-2021, 11:36 PM
There is absolutely no way to know. That?s the great thing about this game. About the only team left that I would say is toast happens to be Stanford. I could be wrong. Other than that, any one of these teams left is capable of pulling gold bricks from their ass.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 02:20 AM
There is absolutely no way to know. That?s the great thing about this game. About the only team left that I would say is toast happens to be Stanford. I could be wrong. Other than that, any one of these teams left is capable of pulling gold bricks from their ass.

I think that's what's making this such an exciting cws. Any one of these teams is capable of winning. There's no super dominant team. That being said we have the deepest pitching staff here and that gives us a huge advantage. No other team has anywhere near the number of quality arms we can run out there(see uva tonight). We used 7 bullpen arms and they allowed zero runs. Ain't no team in Omaha got that but us. Advantage Dawgs!