PDA

View Full Version : Play of Game?

R2Dawg
06-22-2021, 10:19 PM
Clark HR?

Allen HR?

Debrule hit to drive in 6 run?

Rowdey crush hit to wall?

Clark was the spark that lite the candle. What a moment for the freshman. TA just etched part of his name in the ring of honor. Debrule is just a solid player that makes plays. Rowdey is just money too. You just will not keep the top of our order down all game.

GeoDawg
06-22-2021, 10:21 PM
For me, it was the bullpen. Kept the score 4-0, which gave us a chance to rally.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:22 PM
The answer is Tanner Allen

R2Dawg
06-22-2021, 10:22 PM
Not a single play but I agree the bullpen was huge tonight. Not many teams can come back like we did tonight.

SmokeyDawg
06-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Had my phone blowing up after the 2nd inning. All I kept repeating was that we needed a smash to get things going. Kellum delivered. We're an opportunistic offense. That got us going and ultimately the win.

bgover4
06-22-2021, 10:35 PM
Kam into the dugout on the pop foul, not game changing but heck of a play.

maroonmania
06-22-2021, 10:50 PM
Might have actually been Hatcher getting an infield hit ahead of Rowdey and TA! Who could have seen that coming?

RougeDawg
06-22-2021, 10:55 PM
Play of the game was pulling Mac a few hitters too late.

Commercecomet24
06-22-2021, 10:56 PM
Play of the game m. The heart, guts and belief in each other this staff and team has in each other. Whole team gets a game ball!

Commercecomet24
06-22-2021, 10:57 PM
Kam into the dugout on the pop foul, not game changing but heck of a play.

We have fussed about Kams defense this year but kid went all out Derek jeter on that pop up. Huge third out that killed a rally.

Ezsoil
06-22-2021, 11:18 PM
Might have actually been Hatcher getting an infield hit ahead of Rowdey and TA! Who could have seen that coming?

Well I'd have to say Scotty's walk after being down in the count...before the Clark bomb

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:20 PM

I'm going with this. Good job to PH for Forsythe in that spot. And Hatcher coming thru to set up Rowdey and TA.

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 11:24 PM
Hatch's hustle down the line for me. Dude was left for dead two months ago. Fans have been talking shit all season. He just made a small play in a spot that directly contributed to us being 2-0.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2021, 11:28 PM

The alternative was a K or a DP, so yeah....I'm actually impressed Lem made that move, since no one else has played SS in forever.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:28 PM
12 position players and 8 pitchers contributed to that win. 20 of our rostered players in total. Big double play pitch excecuted by Chase Patrick as well.

FriarsPoint
06-22-2021, 11:30 PM
For me, it was the bullpen. Kept the score 4-0, which gave us a chance to rally.

Correct answer

DownwardDawg
06-22-2021, 11:34 PM
Bullpen

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2021, 11:42 PM
Play of the game was Clark's HR. Yes, Tanner's will go down in history, but Clark's HR changed the momentum of the game & got their butt holes tight.

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-22-2021, 11:47 PM
Compare Hatcher to the player that left the team earlier this year. I?m sure Hatch wants to play and is disappointed by his season. But just sticking with it and showing some grit and being there for your team pays off. He had a hand a memorable victory. Will serve him well down the road. Hats off, Hatch!

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 12:57 AM
Compare Hatcher to the player that left the team earlier this year. I?m sure Hatch wants to play and is disappointed by his season. But just sticking with it and showing some grit and being there for your team pays off. He had a hand a memorable victory. Will serve him well down the road. Hats off, Hatch!

Outstanding post

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 01:09 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Commerce that the entire team had a definite hand in this victory.

However, before Clarks 2 run homer, I noticed, as the game progressed, the body language and facial expressions lacked energy. Then, when Clarks bat made contact with the ball, it was as if they had all been instantaneously infused with adrenaline. They sprung into energetic animation, faces lit with confidence, shoulders lifted ready for renewed battle.

Just an observation. We will never know how it would have ended without Clarks contribution. Yes, it took the efforts of many after that ... but we had just needed that one little spark.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:28 AM

Great post

The Federalist Engineer
06-23-2021, 01:37 AM
Team Win …

(1) P Johnson stopped the bleeding at 4 when it could have been a route
(2) K James diving for the foul ball
(3) Clark two run homer
(4) Hatch staying put at 3rd
(5) C Smith quality relief
(6) Stinnett quality relief
(7) Rowdey and Hatch getting on-base for Allen
(8) Logan threw out a runner and managed many pitchers
(9) defense without errors
(10) dubrule a run and RBI
(11) Patrick with the huge double play
(12) Tullar quality relief
(13) TA massive bomb
(13) Sims fights to close out the game

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 01:44 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Commerce that the entire team had a definite hand in this victory.

However, before Clarks 2 run homer, I noticed, as the game progressed, the body language and facial expressions lacked energy. Then, when Clarks bat made contact with the ball, it was as if they had all been instantaneously infused with adrenaline. They sprung into energetic animation, faces lit with confidence, shoulders lifted ready for renewed battle.

Just an observation. We will never know how it would have ended without Clarks contribution. Yes, it took the efforts of many after that ... but we had just needed that one little spark.

Lemonis said almost exactly that to the team after the game. Said it took the whole roster to win tonight and gave props to Hatcher for his ab but the game shirt went Kellum for changing the game. I recommend everyone watching Lemonis post game with the team in the dugout good stuff!

CadaverDawg
06-23-2021, 01:45 AM
Lemonis said almost exactly that to the team after the game. Said it took the whole roster to win tonight and gave props to Hatcher for his ab but the game shirt went Kellum for changing the game. I recommend everyone watching Lemonis post game with the team in the dugout good stuff!

Lemonis is so solid. Has the perfect demeanor for a top level coach. Love the guy

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 01:46 AM
Play of the game was Clark's HR. Yes, Tanner's will go down in history, but Clark's HR changed the momentum of the game & got their butt holes tight.

Yeah that home run broke the invincibility cloak they had working and gave us life.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 01:49 AM
Lemonis is so solid. Has the perfect demeanor for a top level coach. Love the guy

No doubt about it. The guy knows his way around a dugout. He lets his coaches coach and his players play and he just manages it all. Plays a lot of players early in the season and
In mid week games so they all have experience and feel like part of the team. That's how you build championship programs.

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 01:54 AM

Awesome! Where can I see that? YouTube?

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 01:56 AM
Awesome! Where can I see that? YouTube?

I watched it on the Mississippi State Baseball Facebook page

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 02:13 AM
I watched it on the Mississippi State Baseball Facebook page

Thanks, Commerce. After googling, also found it on Clarion Ledger ....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/5316565001

R2Dawg
06-23-2021, 07:17 AM
We have fussed about Kams defense this year but kid went all out Derek jeter on that pop up. Huge third out that killed a rally.

That was an under the radar play that energized the crowd and team and stadium.

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2021, 08:45 AM

Example of a team player. Dude was supposed to be one of our senior leaders and hasn't seemed to sulk because he is just a late inning defensive replacement. That helps set the tone of the dugout.

Johnson85
06-23-2021, 08:55 AM

And he followed it up with another really good play later. Ball was hit that looked like a sure single between 3B and SS off the bat, and Kam got to it and made the play. Looked like he was playing a good bit off third on replay, but even so, it still wasn't a routine grounder.

SteelCurtain74
06-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Well I'd have to say Scotty's walk after being down in the count...before the Clark bomb

This. He got down 1-2 and fouled off a couple of pitches before working the count for a walk. Cumbest flys out to left then Clark hits the bomb. If Scotty doesn't get on then Clark most likely comes up with 2 outs. I would also add Scotty accounted for 2 of the 5 runs in that inning. There is a lot of credit to go around, coaches, bullpen, Tanner, Rowdy, Clark, Hatcher, etc but if Scotty doesn't do what he did in that inning, I don't think we win.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 08:58 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Debrule should've been rung up? I think the ump really gifted us one there. But I'm not complaining!

chef dixon
06-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Bullpen did great but lets be honest, there was very little pressure on them until the 8th then you saw what happened to Stone lol

BeardoMSU
06-23-2021, 09:25 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Debrule should've been rung up? I think the ump really gifted us one there. But I'm not complaining!

I was surprised he wasn't, as well.

Lord McBuckethead
06-23-2021, 10:17 AM
The Mule saw two really low pitches called strike that basically ruined his approach at two different at bats. So it all evens out.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 10:26 AM
The Mule saw two really low pitches called strike that basically ruined his approach at two different at bats. So it all evens out.

You're right about calls going both ways, but in this situation, it didn't exactly "even out". That gave us an extra run 2 ABs later, instead of Clark coming up with 1 on and 1 out, it would've been none on and 2 out. Then Dubrule's single never happens. At best it's 4-4 after that inning, instead of 6-4. If it was us, I'd be irate.

R2Dawg
06-23-2021, 11:23 AM
You're right about calls going both ways, but in this situation, it didn't exactly "even out". That gave us an extra run 2 ABs later, instead of Clark coming up with 1 on and 1 out, it would've been none on and 2 out. Then Dubrule's single never happens. At best it's 4-4 after that inning, instead of 6-4. If it was us, I'd be irate.

Yes and you can play the ifs and buts all day. If Mule had gotten the calls he may have hit a multi run HR too. He was swinging to get one.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 12:13 PM
Yes and you can play the ifs and buts all day. If Mule had gotten the calls he may have hit a multi run HR too. He was swinging to get one.

Yes, you're correct. I guess I'm just saying that one call may actually be the play of the game for us. Or at least allowed it. The entire batting order pretty much capitalized on it, so taking nothing away from them.

Offshore Dawg
06-23-2021, 12:19 PM

I completely agree, the man has shown good team character all season.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 12:32 PM
You know what, I just watched it again, and it was a ball. So nevermind. Haha.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 12:36 PM
Allen is the popular choice and rightfully so ... but for me it was Clark killing the no-hitter with a two run bomb to get things moving

Percho
06-23-2021, 12:46 PM
Outstanding post

Plus 1

Jacknut
06-23-2021, 02:48 PM
Chase Patrick. Bottom of the fourth, runners on first and third, one out. He comes in and gets the DP. He had one job and he did it.

EdwardDrayton
06-23-2021, 03:17 PM

No doubt; bullpen allowed us the opportunity to win it.

OLJWales
06-24-2021, 09:38 AM
We are Bad Muthas.