PDA

View Full Version : I'll admit it... I had given up and conceded.

SaintDawg
06-22-2021, 10:05 PM
I was getting so frustrated and thought we'd be on the losing end of a no-no. Unbelievable baseball by our guys. Unreal heroics. God Bless Ya, Boys!!! #hailstate.

Extendedcab
06-22-2021, 10:08 PM
I had too (watched through the 7th inning), but I keep peeking back to see what the score was. I was sitting in the back yard when I hear a commotion from a neighbors house so I ran back inside and turned on the game. We were ahead 5-4. I watched the rest of the game. Wow, what a come back.

chainedup_Dawg
06-22-2021, 10:20 PM
I gave up too. Took a nap around the 5th until the 7th inning. Woke up and started reading articles on my phone. Then we started the come back so I made sure to continue the reading on my phone and not look at the TV

basedog
06-22-2021, 10:21 PM
I was never worried***

Lord McBuckethead
06-22-2021, 10:22 PM
I went to cut grass at the end of the top 6th. Calmed down, remembered I love all the players that decide to represent our school, and the rooted for every swing and every base earned. Way to go fellas.

PCHSDawg
06-22-2021, 10:23 PM
Listened to the first 2 innings on my way home from work, then checked out because I am superstitious. My son texted me and I turned it on just in time to see TA's bomb. 120 resting heartrate in the 9th. Hail State!

TNDawg35
06-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Shit after the 2nd I turned on the rookie. Would check in occasionally. Saw we were still being no hit in the 7th. Got ready for work. Started driving to work a decided to check it and we were up 5-4. Watched the rest of it while waiting to clock in at work. Was actually late because of the 9th…

RougeDawg
06-22-2021, 10:44 PM
I took a huge dump after the 7th. I?ll try to do that before the game Friday. I seriously lost about 5 lbs between bottom 7 and Top 8.

DownwardDawg
06-22-2021, 10:47 PM
Nope. I even told y'all on the game thread. I got this. I can tell what I need to do for us to win. I'm all in!!!!

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2021, 10:58 PM
I walked away from the tv in the 2nd. My son came running to tell me we hit a homer to make it 4-2. Heard him all excited a little later about a crazy base running play and then said Tanner was up with two on. I decided I'd ease back in front of the tv and saw him launch the three run blast.

FriarsPoint
06-22-2021, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah. I conceded defeat. But I never turned it off.

Did like I always do. Fold laundry and clean the house.

RougeDawg
06-22-2021, 11:59 PM
I never turned it off because I figured if we were going to be first no no since before man first walked on the moon, I wanted to watch the entire thing.

TaleofTwoDogs
06-23-2021, 12:30 AM
Watched through 2, pretty sure we were toast, seen it too many times before, turned it back on in the 7th, still toast, turned it back off, turned it back on in the 9th in time to see Sims celebrating, immediately peed in the pants. No way this could be happening to the maroon nation.

FriarsPoint
06-23-2021, 12:35 AM
I never turned it off because I figured if we were going to be first no no since before man first walked on the moon, I wanted to watch the entire thing.

Same. I wanted to see if the guy could pull it off.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:48 AM
I guess im a glutton for punishment but I never turn off a game or stop watching and especially baseball cause you never know what's gonna happen. Like what happened tonight!

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 01:33 AM
Never turned off the TV, but did shut down ED during the 4th inning. It was becoming impossible to maintain a positive attitude while keeping up with the game thread. So banishing ED enabled me to keep my hope intact.
By 7th inning, was getting antsy, so started fiddling around in the kitchen while continuing to watch. That did the trick. 😆
From here on out, if the game gets stagnant, will find something to do in the kitchen while watching from there.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 02:13 AM
I've been wearing my 2019 West Jones state championship shirt for every game since the regionals and it's come through so far lol!

Saltydog
06-23-2021, 05:33 AM
I was getting so frustrated and thought we'd be on the losing end of a no-no. Unbelievable baseball by our guys. Unreal heroics. God Bless Ya, Boys!!! #hailstate.

I think there were a lot of us that way. I didn?t think we?d get no hit but coming back and winning considering how we were playing just didn?t look possible at the time.

BrunswickDawg
06-23-2021, 05:57 AM
Had a late meeting for work and got home down 4-0 in the 5th. Decided to eat dinner and not watch. Started cleaning up the kitchen and turned on Jim and Jay as Clark stepped up to the plate. Still can't believe it.

SaintDawg
06-23-2021, 06:02 AM
I think there were a lot of us that way. I didn?t think we?d get no hit but coming back and winning considering how we were playing just didn?t look possible at the time.

I never cut the game off myself. I was just watching with my head in my hands. Every at bat I was saying "somebody just do something, anything". Then Kellum went yard, then Tanner. It was heroic.

BiscuitEater
06-23-2021, 06:06 AM
My son's wife left the game to go get something from the kitchen twice in the late stages of the game. Both times we hit Home Runs. He wouldn't let her come back after the second HR until the game was over!

chef dixon
06-23-2021, 06:52 AM
I will admit it made it a lot easier to watch after you just expect its over around the 5th inning. The 8th inning happened with almost no expectations.

Todd4State
06-23-2021, 07:46 AM
I basically made a negative tweet and knew that after I did that we would be good to go.

Plus I get to read and laugh at all the Pollyanna MSU fans responses asking me how I felt now. Like I would be mad that we won.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 08:42 AM
I had "accepted" the loss mentally after the 7th inning. I got pretty mad when Lemonis left Mac in to give up 2 more runs, so I just quit posting and texting about it - I'm typically already negative due to the conditioning that comes with being a State fan for 30+ years, so I try to keep my thoughts to myself when I get that aggravated. Never turned it off, watched every pitch, still can't believe it!

RocketDawg
06-23-2021, 09:30 AM
Have to admit I didn't think we'd ever even get a hit, let alone a score. Their starting pitcher had something like an 80 pitch count late into the game and looked strong. We never quit watching though - great ending so the wait was rewarded. This is a tough team.

StarkVegasSteve
06-23-2021, 10:32 AM
When Kellum hit the bomb I was content to be honest. I had no expectations for what would happen after. I was just relieved we wouldn't be no hit. I had no clue what was to come.

Dawg_Lover
06-23-2021, 10:41 AM
My son's wife left the game to go get something from the kitchen twice in the late stages of the game. Both times we hit Home Runs. He wouldn't let her come back after the second HR until the game was over!

I laughed out loud at this one, hahaha! 😂

MoreCowbell
06-23-2021, 10:59 AM
I only turn off games when we are pitching ahead in 9th only up 1 run. I can never watch and instead I just wait for the texts to come. I know if I get texts that means we won, if they dont come or it takes a while I know something went wrong.

parabrave
06-23-2021, 11:51 AM

You and about 80% of the fan base

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 12:03 PM
I've been wearing my 2019 West Jones state championship shirt for every game since the regionals and it's come through so far lol!

lol ... that stings an old South Jones guy like me but if it works keep on wearing it

FISHDAWG
06-23-2021, 12:07 PM
I watched it all the way through ... but admit I was only hoping to kill the no hitter. Crazy to win that game after a 7-1/4 inning no hitter with a 4 run deficit. I remember when they brought in a new reliever to face TA and thought it was just to much to hope for .... I will try to not write this team off so quickly again