PDA

View Full Version : You have to start Bednar on Friday

Rex54
06-22-2021, 09:59 PM
That way he can pitch in Game 2 of the Finals on 3 full days rest if we lose game 1. If we win Game 1 of the finals we would push him to Game 3 (if necessary) on 4 full days rest.

If we throw Harding Friday and lose you HAVE to throw Bednar Saturday, obviously. That means potentially facing elimination on Tuesday and he's only on 2 days rest.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 10:04 PM
I think you're overthinking it a bit. Bednar rested x 2 is probably better than bednar rested 1x, with 2x unrested.

Let Hooty start, Johnson and Stinnett bridge it, and Sims close. Vs theri game 4 pitching should be good enough. Then Bednar fully rested in the finals, test Mac again, and Hooty will be good to go for game 3

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:07 PM
You're not going to get people to agree with you.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:08 PM
You're not going to get people to agree with you.

All I need is Lemonis to agree, but you're wrong. It's the obvious plan.

R2Dawg
06-22-2021, 10:09 PM
I think you're overthinking it a bit. Bednar rested x 2 is probably better than bednar rested 1x, with 2x unrested.

Let Hooty start, Johnson and Stinnett bridge it, and Sims close. Vs theri game 4 pitching should be good enough. Then Bednar fully rested in the finals, test Mac again, and Hooty will be good to go for game 3

Gotta go Harding so he can pitch again in finals.

Hate to bring it up but do you consider Mac if TX wins? He owned TX early in year. Love for him to contribute in CWS, we need his arm. Short leash though.

Cowbell
06-22-2021, 10:10 PM

If that was the plan, we would've used Harding tonight. Stop

BeardoMSU
06-22-2021, 10:11 PM

Lemonis isn't going to agree with you either, lol. Really happy that Hatch got that hit, though....wish he would've laid that bunt down...

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:12 PM
If that was the plan, we would've used Harding tonight. Stop
That makes no sense

Apoplectic
06-22-2021, 10:12 PM
No - Harding vs #4

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:14 PM
No - Harding vs #4

And if we lose?

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:19 PM
It's very simple. If you throw Bednar on Friday you can use him in the finals. If you throw him Saturday (which you would need to do to reach the finals) you absolutely cannot use him until game 3 (which may not happen see 2013) and that would be on 3 days rest.

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:23 PM
The thing I'm not sure you're realizing is that, yes, it would be great to be able to pitch a rested Bednar to get to the championship series and then a rested Bednar in the championship series as well. But it's not possible to get both of those. So you're choosing between:

A guaranteed less-than-fully-rested Bednar Friday and then a definitely-less-than-fully-rested Bednar in the championship

Or

A hopefully fully rested Bednar in the championship with the possibility of a more-rested Bednar to get to the championship and then a definitely-less-than-fully-rested Bednar in the championship.

What happens if you pitch Bednar Friday, he's not sharp, and you lose? Then you just wasted him and still won't get him fully rested for the championship. And there's not much difference between him pitching Friday and Saturday. If he can pitch Friday and still give you something in the championship, then he can pitch Saturday and still give you at least a little in the championship.

So yes, you CAN throw him Friday and still get him in the championship, but the likelihood of getting very good Bednar in either start in that case isn't great. And you can throw him Saturday and still get him in the championship. Sure, you'd probably need to wait until Wednesday, but you'll need to win 1 without him in the championship either way.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:28 PM
The thing I'm not sure you're realizing is that, yes, it would be great to be able to pitch a rested Bednar to get to the championship series and then a rested Bednar in the championship series as well. But it's not possible to get both of those. So you're choosing between:

A guaranteed less-than-fully-rested Bednar Friday and then a definitely-less-than-fully-rested Bednar in the championship

Or

A hopefully fully rested Bednar in the championship with the possibility of a more-rested Bednar to get to the championship and then a definitely-less-than-fully-rested Bednar in the championship.

What happens if you pitch Bednar Friday, he's not sharp, and you lose? Then you just wasted him and still won't get him fully rested for the championship. And there's not much difference between him pitching Friday and Saturday. If he can pitch Friday and still give you something in the championship, then he can pitch Saturday and still give you at least a little in the championship.
Bednar is fully rested on Friday. That's 4 days rest. He's not a baby.

If he goes Saturday there is a 100% chance you will not see him until a Game 3 of the Finals. If he goes Friday he can go Game 2 of the finals on that same 3 day rest. Or if we win game 1 of the Finals we can save him until Game 3 again on 4 days rest.

You all are just assuming a Harding win Friday. That's absurd. My plan guarantees a Bednar Finals appearance. My plan increases the overall chances of winning the ****ing trophy.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Again I stress - and you cannot argue this - if Harding starts Friday you CANNOT guarantee Bednar pitches in the Finals.

That is a fact.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-22-2021, 10:33 PM
Again I stress - and you cannot argue this - if Harding starts Friday you CANNOT guarantee Bednar pitches in the Finals.

That is a fact.

If Bednar starts on Friday you CANNOT guarantee he pitches in the finals, because his tired arm might get shelled and we dont' make the finals

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:34 PM
Bednar is fully rested on Friday. That's 4 days rest. He's not a baby.

If he goes Saturday there is a 100% chance you will not see him until a Game 3 of the Finals. If he goes Friday he can go Game 2 of the finals on that same 3 day rest. Or if we win game 1 of the Finals we can save him until Game 3 again on 4 days rest.

You all are just assuming a Harding win Friday. That's absurd. My plan guarantees a Bednar Finals appearance. My plan increases the overall chances of winning the ****ing trophy.

No one is assuming a Harding win Friday.

And no, 4 days rest is not full rest in college, not when you're getting 6 every week. I don't care what you think of the players' toughness, I want him at his best, and that is to not use him Friday.

You seem obsessed with guaranteeing he pitches before game 3 of the finals, but we have to win one without him either way. If he were to be held for game 3 and we lose the first two, then we weren't going to win it anyway.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:35 PM
If Bednar starts on Friday you CANNOT guarantee he pitches in the finals, because his tired arm might get shelled

Why would you think his arm would be tired on Friday?

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:36 PM
No one is assuming a Harding win Friday.

And no, 4 days rest is not full rest in college, not when you're getting 6 every week. I don't care what you think of the players' toughness, I want him at his best, and that is to not use him Friday.

You seem obsessed with guaranteeing he pitches before game 3 of the finals, but we have to win one without him either way. If he were to be held for game 3 and we lose the first two, then we weren't going to win it anyway.

If you don't have a problem holding him off until Game 3 you should be even more aligned with throwing him Friday so he gets 4 days rest between then and Game 3.

He's a big boy. 4 days rest and he's back 100%

TNDawg35
06-22-2021, 10:39 PM

Nah dawg, your wrong. Hooty has been lights out. No way in hell we bring Bednar back Fri. You give the give the ball to Hooty. No questions asked.

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:49 PM
If you don't have a problem holding him off until Game 3 you should be even more aligned with throwing him Friday so he gets 4 days rest between then and Game 3.

He's a big boy. 4 days rest and he's back 100%

That's not 100%. It just isn't.

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:50 PM
Ok Rex, let's say you went Bednar Friday and we lost. Then what would you do?

Rex54
06-22-2021, 10:51 PM
Ok Rex, let's say you went Bednar Friday and we lost. Then what would you do?

Houston on Saturday. Obviously.

smootness
06-22-2021, 10:59 PM
Houston on Saturday. Obviously.

So you're going to have to use one of them on Saturday in that case. I'd rather have them all on as much rest when they go as possible.

You're acting like Sunday Bednar is who he's always been and Harding is a severe step down. Harding has been just as good all year. What Bednar did Sunday was insane but you also are unlikely to get him at that level again.

Go Harding on tons of rest, and have Bednar only in case of emergency for Saturday. You seem to be wanting to set yourself as well as you can for the championship, which I get, but the best way to do that is to win Friday with Harding. Sure, it isn't guaranteed but in an Option B scenario, Bednar going Saturday isn't much different than him going Friday. And you get the Option A of getting there without throwing him at all.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:11 PM
So you're going to have to use one of them on Saturday in that case. I'd rather have them all on as much rest when they go as possible.

You're acting like Sunday Bednar is who he's always been and Harding is a severe step down. Harding has been just as good all year. What Bednar did Sunday was insane but you also are unlikely to get him at that level again.

Go Harding on tons of rest, and have Bednar only in case of emergency for Saturday. You seem to be wanting to set yourself as well as you can for the championship, which I get, but the best way to do that is to win Friday with Harding. Sure, it isn't guaranteed but in an Option B scenario, Bednar going Saturday isn't much different than him going Friday. And you get the Option A of getting there without throwing him at all.

You're GD right I'm trying to maximize the chances to win the championship. And that means first getting there which Bednar has the better chance at. You throw him earlier so once you're there you throw him on the most rest. It's truly not rocket surgery. We can't dick around with Texas, my God they're the 2 overall seed.

If you're going to throw Bednar it is preferable to do so Friday than Saturday, no?

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:16 PM
You're GD right I'm trying to maximize the chances to win the championship. And that means first getting there which Bednar has the better chance at. You throw him earlier so once you're there you throw him on the most rest. It's truly not rocket surgery. We can't dick around with Texas, my God they're the 2 overall seed.

If you're going to throw Bednar it is preferable to do so Friday than Saturday, no?

To maximize our chances, we need Bednar on normal rest, pitching Game 1 of the Finals so we get his best effort and can save our pen.

Friday: Harding
Game 1 Bednar
Game 2 Opener(PJ) and bullpen like we did tonight
Game 3 if necessary; Harding

Todd4State
06-22-2021, 11:25 PM
Cohen did what you are suggesting with Graveman in 2013. We ended up not using Graveman at all in the finals because of it.

So we should start Harding.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:26 PM
To maximize our chances, we need Bednar on normal rest, pitching Game 1 of the Finals so we get his best effort and can save our pen.

Friday: Harding
Game 1 Bednar
Game 2 Opener(PJ) and bullpen like we did tonight
Game 3 if necessary; Harding

I don't see your Saturday listed. Give me that (if necessary) list.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:27 PM
Cohen did what you are suggesting with Graveman in 2013. We ended up not using Graveman at all in the finals because of it.

Cohen ****ed up. Graveman should have started Game 2

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:31 PM
I don't see your Saturday listed. Give me that (if necessary) list.

If we lose Friday, we will have to pitch Bednar Saturday. But hopefully that doesn't happen. Losing Friday brings MacLeod back into play in the Finals.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2021, 11:35 PM

You're about to be called a revisionist moron, dipshit, queef-tuba, cuck, etc..**

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:36 PM
If we lose Friday, we will have to pitch Bednar Saturday. Losing Friday brings MacLeod back into play in the Finals.

Exactly

smootness
06-22-2021, 11:36 PM

I didn't say you're maximizing the chances of winning the championship. I do understand you're trying to set yourself up as well as you can FOR the championship series, but in doing so, I actually think you're lessening the chances of winning it. And it comes down to this:

Yes, I would rather have Bednar have pitched Friday rather than Saturday once we got to the championship series. But we're not guaranteed to have to play that Saturday game.

It all comes down to what you believe the %s are. I believe the %s go up enough with a fully rested Bednar to be worth going without him on Friday to try to get him fully rested to the championship, knowing that I can still use him Saturday if needed. And I don't think the %s change as much with a Bednar in the championship series on Wednesday based on whether he pitched Friday or Saturday. At that point he's not fully rested either way.

I think the % of winning the championship if you win with Harding on Friday go up enough to be worth the risk of having to pitch Bednar on Saturday. I think throwing Bednar Friday increases your chances of winning that one game slightly but actually decreases your chances of then winning the championship series. And yes, having to throw Bednar on Saturday would decrease your chances, but the chances of winning Friday with Harding offsets that, IMO.

Commercecomet24
06-22-2021, 11:38 PM
I didn't say you're maximizing the chances of winning the championship. I do understand you're trying to set yourself up as well as you can FOR the championship series, but in doing so, I actually think you're lessening the chances of winning it. And it comes down to this:

Yes, I would rather have Bednar have pitched Friday rather than Saturday once we got to the championship series. But we're not guaranteed to have to play that Saturday game.

It all comes down to what you believe the %s are. I believe the %s go up enough with a fully rested Bednar to be worth going without him on Friday to try to get him fully rested to the championship, knowing that I can still use him Saturday if needed. And I don't think the %s change as much with a Bednar in the championship series on Wednesday based on whether he pitched Friday or Saturday. At that point he's not fully rested either way.

This is the correct answer

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:39 PM
Exactly

Pitching Bednar on 4 days rest coming off of 108 pitches against the same team he just pitched against in a Game that's not must win. And then expecting him to contribute again on 3 days rest when he had done neither all year is not a winning strategy or a winning formula for us winning a national title.

If we are going to get it done, we need to get it done on Friday with Harding on the mound.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:42 PM
Pitching Bednar on 4 days rest coming off of 108 pitches against the same team he just pitched against in a Game that's not must win. And then expecting him to contribute again on 3 days rest when he had done neither all year is not a winning strategy or a winning formula for us winning a national title.

If we are going to get it done, we need to get it done on Friday with Harding on the mound.

4 days rest is 100% rest. Just because our sport's schedule typically has you go once a week doesn't mean you are not 100% ready to go sooner.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:44 PM
Side note: Sims only threw 15 pitches tonight so he should be good for at least 2 innings Friday. If Harding can give us 5, we only need 2 from the pen to get to Sims.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:46 PM
4 days rest is 100% rest. Just because our sport's schedule typically has you go once a week doesn't mean you are not 100% ready to go sooner.

Read the whole post. Don't just pick out 1 line. It would be 4 days rest then 3 days rest for Bednar in your scenario. That's the wrong strategy. It just is. Especially with a power guy like Bednar.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:46 PM
Side note: Sims only threw 15 pitches tonight so he should be good for at least 2 innings Friday. If Harding can give us 5, we only need 2 from the pen to get to Sims.

Sims can go 3 on Friday if we have a lead in the 7th.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:48 PM
Read the whole post. Don't just pick out 1 line. It would be 4 days rest then 3 days rest for Bednar in your scenario. That's the wrong strategy. It just is. Especially with a power guy like Bednar.

4 days rest is full rest. If we win game 1 of the finals hopefully with Harding we can save Bednar for game 3 on full rest again. If not, he can go game 2 on one day less than full needed rest.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2021, 11:50 PM
4 days rest is full rest. If we win game 1 of the finals hopefully with Harding we can save Bednar for game 3 on full rest again. If not, he can go game 2 on one day less than full needed rest.

Not when he's been pitching on 6 days rest all season. Agree to disagree.

smootness
06-22-2021, 11:52 PM

What's the point of pitching him in game 2 there?

Commercecomet24
06-22-2021, 11:52 PM
Not when he's been pitching on 6 days rest all season. Agree to disagree.

Yeah 4 days rest is full rest for mlb not for college. It takes them out of their normal routine.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:56 PM
What's the point of pitching him in game 2 there?

I understand the logic of saving him for Game 3 because "at that point you have to win them both anyway" but in sports there is no tomorrow. You MUST WIN game 2 to roll the dice in the last one. Graveman should have gone in Game 2 vs UCLA.

Cowbell
06-22-2021, 11:57 PM

I'm gonna chalk this one up to the alcohol you have probably had tonight. Otherwise you are a fool. This is not the pros. 7 days rest is normal rest.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:57 PM
Yeah 4 days rest is full rest for mlb not for college. It takes them out of their normal routine.

Omaha is out of their normal routine. We're playing for a national championship here not going from a Eastern Michigan weekend series to a Memphis weekend series.

Rex54
06-22-2021, 11:59 PM
I'm gonna chalk this one up to the alcohol you have probably had tonight. Otherwise you are a fool. This is not the pros. 7 days rest is normal rest.

If you pitched every Saturday you would have 6 days rest in between.

Again, you are fully rested after 4 days. Especially in Omaha.

Cowbell
06-23-2021, 12:00 AM
If you pitched every Saturday you would have 6 days rest in between.

Again, you are fully rested after 4 days. Especially in Omaha.

How is 6 the same as 4....

Rex54
06-23-2021, 12:03 AM
How is 6 the same as 4....

If you are fully rested after 4 it doesn't matter if you pitch day 5, 7, or 69 you'll be fully rested.

Dawgology
06-23-2021, 12:40 AM
Nah. Hooty Friday for the win then Bednar game 1 of the NC.

FriarsPoint
06-23-2021, 12:44 AM
Nah. Hooty Friday for the win then Bednar game 1 of the NC.

This. It?s what we?ve been doing all year. Don?t f with it now.

TNDawg35
06-23-2021, 04:40 AM
If you are fully rested after 4 it doesn't matter if you pitch day 5, 7, or 69 you'll be fully rested.

There is 3 pages of people telling you you are wrong and you still are trying to make everyone listen and agree with you… You ever stop to think…. maybe, just MAYBE you have no clue what you are talking about?

Rex54
06-23-2021, 07:29 AM
There is 3 pages of people telling you you are wrong and you still are trying to make everyone listen and agree with you… You ever stop to think…. maybe, just MAYBE you have no clue what you are talking about?

No. Bednar is the right decision.

We will be going up against Ty Madden just FYI.

TNDawg35
06-23-2021, 07:33 AM

Haha… the right decision will be whatever Lemonis says it is. Last time I checked, we are paying him and not you to make calls.

And who give a shit who we face. I hope they throw Madden again. It will be the 3rd time we have seen him and guess what… WE BEAT THAT ASS TWICE…

Todd4State
06-23-2021, 07:42 AM

They also aren't physically developed like MLB pitchers either.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 07:43 AM
They also aren't physically developed like MLB pitchers either.

I'm not asking him to do it all ****ing season Todd. Going every 5th day twice for a National Championship just isn't an absurd prospect.

Guess what. Texas is going to pitch Ty Madden Friday. And guess what; Texas is going to start Ty Madden in the Finals should they get there. All I'm saying is do the same ****ing thing.

PCHSDawg
06-23-2021, 07:57 AM
Didn't agree with you when you first posted this, but after thinking about it I still don't agree with you.

WinningIsRelentless
06-23-2021, 07:57 AM

You are a idiot. You stick with what got you here. And I doubt we see Madden again unless we drop the Friday game. It would be the third time we?ve seen him this year.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 08:20 AM
Hootie pitches game on Friday, followed by the proven bullpen. We win, it is not an algorithm. If we lose you pitch Bednar on Saturday, because at this point it is win or die. But Hootie gets start on Friday hands down. Also, I don’t think you pitch Sims again until Saturday at earliest. He is a dude for sure but last night was less than 80 percent for him. I said after the one pitch 8th he looked flat. And he was, but like said earlier he is a dude and manned up.

In closing, Friday- Hootie and pen. No sims

Saturday - bednar must win everyone on deck

Championship series- if bednar used on Saturday - Mac game 1 if bednar not used Saturday we go bednar. Not complicated.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:28 AM
Hootie pitches game on Friday, followed by the proven bullpen. We win, it is not an algorithm. If we lose you pitch Bednar on Saturday, because at this point it is win or die. But Hootie gets start on Friday hands down. Also, I don’t think you pitch Sims again until Saturday at earliest. He is a dude for sure but last night was less than 80 percent for him. I said after the one pitch 8th he looked flat. And he was, but like said earlier he is a dude and manned up.

In closing, Friday- Hootie and pen. No sims

Saturday - bednar must win everyone on deck

Championship series- if bednar used on Saturday - Mac game 1 if bednar not used Saturday we go bednar. Not complicated.
So you are banking on Hootie beating Ty Madden.

You know what, Hootie has exactly TWO starts since St Patrick's Day.
The first he went two innings against Missouri giving up 6 runs.
The second he went four innings against ND giving up 2 runs

But you're putting your eggs in THAT basket against the number 2 overall seed and their top 10 pick. And if we lose (a real long shot chance.....) you possibly guarantee not seeing Bednar in the finals.

Or you could not be a retard and throw Bednar Friday on his 5th day. And throw him in the Finals on his 5th day. Wow a normal pro rest just twice, not all season... two starts 5 days apart.

I don't understand the obsession with throwing Bednar Game 1 of the finals. You still have to win another!

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:30 AM
You stick with what got you here.

Exactly. Bednar and his 15 K's.

Not Hootie's two starts since March 17 that didn't go past four innings. Against the #2 seed and a top ten pick.

What do you think the Vegas odds are on a Madden vs Hootie matchup? MSU +230?

Lord McBuckethead
06-23-2021, 08:33 AM
That way he can pitch in Game 2 of the Finals on 3 full days rest if we lose game 1. If we win Game 1 of the finals we would push him to Game 3 (if necessary) on 4 full days rest.

If we throw Harding Friday and lose you HAVE to throw Bednar Saturday, obviously. That means potentially facing elimination on Tuesday and he's only on 2 days rest.

That is well reasoned. Pitching this time of year is like chess, you have a plan of attack and also you have to react to on the board conditions and the moves of your opponent. I really want Bednar for game 1 of the finals. Houston can pitch Friday and give us the win. Our bats will be there. If we start Bednar, I would love to limit him to 75 pitches or so if we have a lead.

StarkVegasSteve
06-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Exactly. Bednar and his 15 K's.

Not Hootie's two starts since March 17 that didn't go past four innings. Against the #2 seed and a top ten pick.

What do you think the Vegas odds are on a Madden vs Hootie matchup? MSU +230?

Pretty good. I'd love to face Madden on less than full rest after throwing 100+ pitches. By pitching Bednar on Friday then you're conceding that just getting to the Championship series is good enough. You've got to play to win the damn thing and the best chance to do that is pitch Hootie Friday and let him deal.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 08:44 AM
Rex, I don?t know you but it doesn?t sound like you have been involved in real actual post season baseball directly. I have, I am not talking about high school either. Yes, I would put Hootie against Madden with not full rest. If Texas wins, you were playing with house money to begin with. Now on Saturday, Texas has burned through their top pitcher and did not get full utilization out of him due to not being on full acclimated rest. Which means they also burned through their bullpens best arms, now we use Bednar on Saturday on full acclimated rest against what they have left. If we are able to win Friday with Hootie you have your ENTIRE normal rotation on full body acclimated rest going into the championship series. This my friend is the importance of being 2-0.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 08:49 AM
It's not cut and dry, it's a decision. One that Lemonis has to make. I understand the argument for both sides. Throwing Harding Friday is a gamble. But the pay off is being able to throw your 1, 2, and 3 starters IN ORDER, and RESTED, in the championship series. If you lose the gamble, you are in BAD shape. Coaches will gamble on their guys every time, thus I expect to see Harding Friday.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 08:52 AM
Madden on full rest would be Saturday just like Bednar. Yes, they are growing young men and can handle being one day short of what their body is currently acclimated to, BUT as proof with Sims last night, they will be 2-3 mph off of velocity and command won’t be as strong. Madden is a top 10 pick for sure BUT him at 80-90 percent he is not a top 10 pick. Still a high pick but I will take my chances with our 100 percent Bednar in a winner take all game Saturday vs what UT has left. If you don’t have to use Bednar on Saturday because we put 90 percent Madden out of game by 6th inning and won on Friday, you then approach the championship series much like a start of a SEC weekend with your fully rested staff. This is not complicated. Again, UT is in a must win from here on out. We have a game to give, I am not conceding that game BUT I am setting myself up for best outcome possible.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:55 AM
It's not cut and dry, it's a decision. One that Lemonis has to make. I understand the argument for both sides. Throwing Harding Friday is a gamble. But the pay off is being able to throw your 1, 2, and 3 starters IN ORDER, and RESTED, in the championship series. If you lose the gamble, you are in BAD shape. Coaches will gamble on their guys every time, thus I expect to see Harding Friday.

What odds do you give us winning a Houston vs Madden matchup?

I foresee a Texas 9 MSU 4 type game......

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:56 AM
You all really think that throwing on FOUR rest days somehow means they won't be at their best. Madden or Bednar throwing after sitting down for 4 days will be no different, NO DIFFERENT, than sitting down 5 days.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 08:56 AM
If you throw Bednar early and it is not a quality start you have then blown your load for nothing, even if you do make to the big series. Meaning we now don’t have a 100 percent Bednar at any point. Give me 100 percent every game versus one hame of 90 then followed up with a 70 percent 4 days later.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:58 AM
Pretty good. I'd love to face Madden on less than full rest after throwing 100+ pitches. By pitching Bednar on Friday then you're conceding that just getting to the Championship series is good enough. You've got to play to win the damn thing and the best chance to do that is pitch Hootie Friday and let him deal.

Do you honestly think Bednar going Friday means he won't be available in the Championship?

Rex54
06-23-2021, 08:59 AM
If you throw Bednar early and it is not a quality start you have then blown your load for nothing, even if you do make to the big series. Meaning we now don’t have a 100 percent Bednar at any point. Give me 100 percent every game versus one hame of 90 then followed up with a 70 percent 4 days later.
Your assumptions are factually wrong. There isn't this 90% 100% scale. After sitting for four days Bednar is 100%.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 09:02 AM
Do you honestly think Bednar going Friday means he won't be available in the Championship?

Yes or if he is available it is only for a couple of innings and not on point. You do know these guys “rest days” are not them sitting around right? There is knee drills and long toss days and then cardio with bands. Each day is 1 activity. Take one of these activities out and you will have issues due to these players bodies having acclimated to the given process. In the pros this process is changed up depending on the organization. Although it is maintained by Yankees, astros, dodgers and Mets organization with allotted days rest. I would say their minor league system and majors for that matter prove the point. The Tigers have a 3-4 day system, how come you never hear of pitching prospects with them?

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 09:06 AM
What odds do you give us winning a Houston vs Madden matchup?

I foresee a Texas 9 MSU 4 type game......

I'm not a bookie, so I can't say. But I feel ok about it. We have to win at least two more times without Bednar, so let's get the one that sets you up best.

I'll say this - our odds with Hooty are definitely higher than our odds were after 7 innings last night.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 09:07 AM
Rex, it is not an assumption! I have over 24 years of baseball under my belt the last 8 of which were in an organization that valued its pitchers and arm talent as they now call it. Each day does serve a purpose including the day after pitches and yes if you go over 100 pitches you are supposed to enter another dynamic with your off days. The final 2 days of the 5 day arm recoup is the most essential. So yes there is a percentage per day early.

I am not trying to sound pretentious here but it is a fact. It takes on average 25 weeks of 6 day rotations to change a pitchers body recoup time from 5 to 4 days in between stresses. And yes a pitch outing is called a “stressor.”

Rex54
06-23-2021, 09:15 AM
Rex, it is not an assumption! I have over 24 years of baseball under my belt the last 8 of which were in an organization that valued its pitchers and arm talent as they now call it. Each day does serve a purpose including the day after pitches and yes if you go over 100 pitches you are supposed to enter another dynamic with your off days. The final 2 days of the 5 day arm recoup is the most essential. So yes there is a percentage per day early.

I am not trying to sound pretentious here but it is a fact. It takes on average 25 weeks of 6 day rotations to change a pitchers body recoup time from 5 to 4 days in between stresses. And yes a pitch outing is called a “stressor.”

So, you would definitely say that if we lose Friday and have to go Bednar on Saturday there no way to throw him in the championship? Right?

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 09:24 AM
Not for more than a handful of innings on 3-4 days rest -No at length start.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 09:26 AM
You will get more out of Bednar on Saturday both stuff and quality than combining 2 stressors inside of a week. No doubt about it.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 09:29 AM
I do believe that Hootie gives us a good shot at beating Madden on less than full rest.

smootness
06-23-2021, 09:47 AM
Madden hasn't pitched on 4 days rest all year. He has pitched on 5 days rest a few times, and a couple of those starts were good, but the last time he went 5 innings and gave up 6 runs. So I'm happy for them to trot him out there on Friday.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 10:03 AM
Madden hasn't pitched on 4 days rest all year. He has pitched on 5 days rest a few times, and a couple of those starts were good, but the last time he went 5 innings and gave up 6 runs. So I'm happy for them to trot him out there on Friday.

You all are delusional. Hopefully we don't have to find out the hard way following the collective wrong groupthink here.

StarkVegasSteve
06-23-2021, 10:06 AM

It means he won't be anywhere near 100% and we need him to be Texas level good.

smootness
06-23-2021, 10:09 AM
You all are delusional.

LOL ok

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 10:09 AM
You all are delusional. Hopefully we don't have to find out the hard way following the collective wrong groupthink here.

Have you ever been evaluated for Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

preachermatt83
06-23-2021, 10:13 AM
Idc what we do as long as Mac is done. He has to be shelved. Something isn’t right with him. And it’s not mental. I really think he’s got some little nagging injury or either he is fatigued. But either way we have too many good arms to risk throwing him again!

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 10:18 AM
The fact of the matter is that we are in a suboptimal position because Cerentola didn't pan out, Fristoe fell apart, and now MacLeod is hit or miss AT BEST. If all 3 of these guys were performing at a high level, along with Bednar and Harding, this conversation would be moot. Unfortunately, Bednar and Harding are it right now. So we've got to gamble somewhere, and we're going to need someone to step up along with some luck. Your take has merit and some sound reasoning. But so does the other side. In the end, the best gamble is likely to go with Harding Friday. And I'd say there's a greater than 90% chance that Lemonis is of the same mind.

The problem here is that no one can debate it with you. You're Squidward (everybody's an idiot, except me).

The way you talk to people on here is atrocious, and you really should look into getting some help in that regard. That's not an insult, please don't think it is.

PMDawg
06-23-2021, 10:19 AM
"Idc what we do as long as Mac is done."

This, all day! I appreciate his season, but I don't want to see him on the mound for us again. Not this season.

Ari Gold
06-23-2021, 10:41 AM
How the hell did this get to page 5.?
Harding is the starter Friday , it’s not even a debate.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 10:45 AM
This is what happens when people don’t understand what these players do on a daily basis. Just like with Forsythe, for him to be everyday lineup player for State, his potential is great. To be a starter at state you have to be really really good. To be a starter as a freshman it means something a little more.

But yes Harding is the start on Friday it is what sets us up for a championship run again in an ideal world.

Just think about this, Vandy is facing 2 elimination games without 100 percent Rocker or Leiter. Good for us.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 10:48 AM
For Reference in 2018 Oregon State goes Abel on the 23rd to get to the finals beating us. On the 27th (3 days rest) he goes 1 inning, 3 K's. Then THE NEXT DAY he goes 9 innings and 129 pitches to win the championship. 4 days rest is 100% rest.

Cowbell
06-23-2021, 10:50 AM
For Reference in 2018 Oregon State goes Abel on the 23rd to get to the finals beating us. On the 27th (3 days rest) he goes 1 inning, 3 K's. Then THE NEXT DAY he goes 9 innings and 129 pitches to win the championship. 4 days rest is 100% rest.

And he had Tommy john the following season and hasn't been right since.....do more research

Really Clark?
06-23-2021, 10:51 AM
Awful lot of discussion about Madden on Friday when they haven't played out Thursday Elimination vs VA yet. I think Texas wins as well but it's not a slam dunk and we don't know how it all plays out. These 2 teams are looking at there games from here on out totally different than we have to look at Friday. Even if it is Texas, Madden may have to come in on Thursday for 2-3 innings just to get to Friday...who knows how it will play out Thursday

Rex54
06-23-2021, 10:52 AM
Just think about this, Vandy is facing 2 elimination games without 100 percent Rocker or Leiter. Good for us.

If Rocker goes Friday he would be on 5 days rest. He would be at 100%. You are crazy if you think otherwise, that's SIX DAYS apart.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 10:53 AM
And he had Tommy john the following season and hasn't been right since.....do more research

Ok - Vandy's guy in 2019 in the winning game was on.... 4 days rest.

Homedawg
06-23-2021, 10:56 AM

Bc Rex is clueless?????

Rex54
06-23-2021, 11:02 AM
If we go Harding vs Madden we most likely lose.
If we go Bednar on Saturday we most likely don't see him in the finals. If we do it'll be on 3 days rest.
If we follow my plan we get Bednar twice on 4 days rest at the very least.

That's the bottom ****ing line.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 11:06 AM
Last thing I am going to say, our situation at 2-0 has NOTHING to do in relation to Vandy or OSU pitchers. You see those teams had NO CHOICE but to ride their studs, much like Vandy now. It is professionally unsound and wrong for Lenonis to treat our situation being 2-0 with lots of options to follow those models.

I get you will dig and dig to try and find examples to back your claims but at 2-0 your examples are not the same. If we were in the losers bracket it will have a totally different face to it. Luckily for us we are 2-0. Lemo is not going to risk a players future for the easy road and throwing them early. Not his MO and never will be. He makes promises to families that would completely ruin his recruiting angles that he uses. I know this for fact.

WinningIsRelentless
06-23-2021, 11:06 AM

If we go Harding vs Madden we most likely lose.
If we go Bednar on Saturday we most likely don't see him in the finals. If we do it'll be on 3 days rest.
If we follow my plan we get Bednar twice on 4 days rest at the very least.

That's the bottom ****ing line.

Using your logic TX will throw Madden tomorrow.

SilentSteel16
06-23-2021, 11:08 AM
Rex you are entitled to your fan based opinion much like I am. Lemo is the coach of our team and thank God. Otherwise your Ole Miss approach to pitching would doom our program to mid level. As Lemo is actively elevating it along with helping his players health wise to become professional paid athletes. Hail State and good day.

Rex54
06-23-2021, 11:25 AM
Using your logic TX will throw Madden tomorrow.

That would be 3 not 4 days rest. I'm fine with 3 days rest start for the national championship.

BB30
06-23-2021, 11:43 AM
Why would you think his arm would be tired on Friday?

You apparently don't quite understand how pitching works.

Kid is used to 6 days rest and we are at the end of a season that he has logged quite a few innings.

You absolutely could throw him Friday but starting him 3 times in what 10-11 days is downright absurd and could potentially damage the kids future on the mound.

It isn't even a question you don't do that to a kid and that is before even getting into the fact that he wouldn't be fresh and would probably get roughed up a bit in one of those games.

Commercecomet24
06-23-2021, 12:02 PM

This!

Rex54
06-23-2021, 12:15 PM
You apparently don't quite understand how pitching works.

Kid is used to 6 days rest and we are at the end of a season that he has logged quite a few innings.

You absolutely could throw him Friday but starting him 3 times in what 10-11 days is downright absurd and could potentially damage the kids future on the mound.

It isn't even a question you don't do that to a kid and that is before even getting into the fact that he wouldn't be fresh and would probably get roughed up a bit in one of those games.

Asking someone to go every 5th day twice, for a NATTY, is not "downright absurd". Not even close. It's actually incredibly normal.

Bringing in Sims last night on 1 day rest is exponentially more "absurd" than going every 5th day twice. And it wasn't absurd at all to use Sims last night. That's how minuscule the absurdity of starting Bednar twice every FIFTH DAY for a Natty is.