PDA

View Full Version : Great story ... Logan Tanner was in a Women?s CWS before the Men?s CWS

Dawg_Lover
06-21-2021, 04:34 PM
Watching the AZ-Stanford game, heard this story. Thought it was worth repeating for those not watching on TV.
Logan?s mom played softball at Southern Miss. Her team went to the Women?s Softball CWS, so she played in it, too. And, she was 7 months pregnant, with Logan, at the time.

Extendedcab
06-21-2021, 04:52 PM
Good story but it does not sound true to me. I have never known a woman that was 7 months pregnant that played softball at the level required to play in the CWS (maybe at a family get-together in the back yard). The risk of injury is too high, I would be shocked the school would take that risk! If she was on the team and that pregnant I bet she did not play - in the doug out only.

mparkerfd20
06-21-2021, 05:01 PM
Good story but it does not sound true to me. I have never known a woman that was 7 months pregnant that played softball at the level required to play in the CWS (maybe at a family get-together in the back yard). The risk of injury is too high, I would be shocked the school would take that risk! If she was on the team and that pregnant I bet she did not play - in the doug out only.

Agreed. I call BS on that one. If she was 7 months pregnant I doubt she played much at all that entire season.

ArrowDawg
06-21-2021, 06:24 PM
Agreed. I call BS on that one. If she was 7 months pregnant I doubt she played much at all that entire season.

Logan was born November 10, 2000. His mom would have been about 3 months pregnant during the WCWS.

Dawg_Lover
06-21-2021, 06:44 PM
I don?t know where the game?s announcer got the story. Perhaps Logan himself could confirm or deny its validity.

Barring complications, it is not unusual for doctors to approve of women continuing what has been their normal level of physical activity, and that includes workouts and sports. I know this because I had two children.

Found examples online of women competing while pregnant. The following are just a couple of them.

Four-time Olympic gold medalist, Dana Vollmer, swam the 50-meter freestyle at the Arena Pro Swim Series while she was six months pregnant.

In 2014, the track star, Alysia Montano, ran an 800-meter race at the USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships. Montano was an incredible 34 weeks at that point, and she later said she trained and competed throughout her pregnancy because she felt it was good for her and her baby.

preachermatt83
06-21-2021, 11:18 PM
They said 7 WEEKS pregnant. Not months.

mparkerfd20
06-21-2021, 11:25 PM

Ok weeks I can absolutely believe. No way at 7 months. None. Zero.

Dawg_Lover
06-21-2021, 11:33 PM

Oops. Apologies for getting that part wrong. I?m sure you are right because my hearing is not always the best. But, he was still on that field. 👶 LOL

Hot Rock
06-22-2021, 10:45 AM
I have been told, "She is pregnant, not sick."

Even I was thinking, no way, 7 months? Softball can be a contact sport.