Arizona - turf
MS State - grass
NC State - grass
Stanford - grass
Tennessee - turf
Texas - turf
Vanderbilt - turf
Virginia - grass

Teams with grass home fields are 3-1 (with the only loss coming in a grass vs grass matchup (NC State vs Stanford))

Teams with turf home fields are (1-3) (with the only win coming in a turf vs turf matchup (Vanderbilt vs Arizona))

Turf vs grass matchups are 3-0 with grass teams winning all three games. Looking to be 4-0 grass as Stanford is up 10-0 in the 4th inning against Arizona.

FWIW

HereComesTheSpiral
06-21-2021, 02:57 PM
Arizona plays on grass.

Dawg496
06-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Damn I read an article about the diamondbacks and not the university of AZ.

Nevermind, lock the thread.

Turfdawg67
06-21-2021, 03:08 PM
Damn I read an article about the diamondbacks and not the university of AZ.

Nevermind, lock the thread.

It's ok... there's turfgrass and then there's artificial turf. Both are surfaces for playing sports, but only one is a living plant, obviously. You should do a comparison on fake dirt around home plate.

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 03:14 PM
I hate turf. Dont care how scientifically advanced it has become.

Ari Gold
06-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Turf baseball field..
another reason to add to the MANY that Vandy doesn’t need to be in the SEC in any sport

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 06:00 PM
Turf baseball field..
another reason to add to the MANY that Vandy doesn’t need to be in the SEC in any sport

Ill vote for that. After they go to hell and die.

RocketDawg
06-21-2021, 06:49 PM
I hate turf. Dont care how scientifically advanced it has become.

I don't like it either - call it "plastic grass".

I'd rather see it on a football field than baseball though, for a couple of reasons: grass doesn't grow well during football season because of the weather, and plastic grass stands up to rough treatment on a football field better than real grass.

RocketDawg
06-21-2021, 06:51 PM
Turf baseball field..

Tennessee's field is just as bad as Vandy's, maybe even worse. And I believe Missouri and A&M are the same. The only legitimate reason to have plastic grass is if you play in a dome.

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 07:01 PM
Tennessee's field is just as bad as Vandy's, maybe even worse. And I believe Missouri and A&M are the same. The only legitimate reason to have plastic grass is if you play in a dome.

All domes will be retractable and for a fraction of the budget natural grass can be maintained. Laziness is the only excuse.

RocketDawg
06-21-2021, 07:06 PM
All domes will be retractable and for a fraction of the budget natural grass can be maintained. Laziness is the only excuse.

Or use Arizona Cardinals method of rolling the playing surface outside so they can grow grass in the sun, then roll it back inside for a game.

The TD Ameritrade grass is beautiful and perfectly manicured. I'm a little surprised the bluegrass is holding up in the heat they've had though. So far it's not showing any wear but probably will before the series is over.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
06-22-2021, 02:06 AM
Missouri plays on sports turf (artificial) but A&M plays on turfgrass (natural).