PDA

View Full Version : Cumbest

Bass Chaser
06-20-2021, 09:46 PM
We need a work around.

MetEdDawg
06-20-2021, 10:49 PM
We are in Omaha and just finished game 62 of the season.

There aren't work around anymore. No magic savior coming off the bench for anyone.

The team is what it is right now. Enjoy the fact we are guaranteed to finish Top 6 and are 2 wins away from playing for a championship.

Bass Chaser
06-20-2021, 10:53 PM
We are in Omaha and just finished game 62 of the season.

There aren't work around anymore. No magic savior coming off the bench for anyone.

The team is what it is right now. Enjoy the fact we are guaranteed to finish Top 6 and are 2 wins away from playing for a championship.

Sorry I was just thinking about having him FT in baseball.

Cooterpoot
06-20-2021, 10:54 PM
He needs to go to summer ball and say screw football. Work it out with Leach.

Lord McBuckethead
06-20-2021, 11:58 PM
We need a work around.

Work around for what? Dude is only batting .375 when he pretty much only played during SEC games. If anything, we need him up around 5th spot.

Commercecomet24
06-20-2021, 11:58 PM

Yeah he's got a shot at mlb and I not really a shot at the nfl.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2021, 12:00 AM

They are going to move him to defense. Dont expect him back on the football team. Glad he picked one, it is too much to do both at this level and reach your potential

Cowbell
06-21-2021, 12:40 AM
They are going to move him to defense. Dont expect him back on the football team. Glad he picked one, it is too much to do both at this level and reach your potential
What about his scholly

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 04:39 AM
I remember getting blasted for wanting to see more Cumbest.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2021, 06:38 AM
What about his scholly

That is the interesting part. Im not sure how it will work out

msstate7
06-21-2021, 06:41 AM

You gonna pay him tuition?

Cowbell
06-21-2021, 07:07 AM

I'm assuming we have better catchers now? (TE etc)

Patrick Tibbons
06-21-2021, 07:09 AM

He?s still playing football.

Homedawg
06-21-2021, 07:53 AM
What about his scholly

If he doesn't play football he won't have one. At all.

NWADAWG
06-21-2021, 08:46 AM

If it is the difference and getting a MLB contract or not, then take out a student loan or two and pay them off with your signing bonus.

I don't think football will pay him professionally - I could be wrong.

Bass Chaser
06-21-2021, 09:41 AM
Work around for what? Dude is only batting .375 when he pretty much only played during SEC games. If anything, we need him up around 5th spot.

His scholly situation.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2021, 09:47 AM

He'll stay on the team for the ship. He just won't play.

Cooterpoot
06-21-2021, 09:48 AM

You obviously missed the part about working it out with Leach.

msstate7
06-21-2021, 10:06 AM
He'll stay on the team for the ship. He just won't play.

I would think you have to participate in football to maintain that scholarship. What would stop Kansas or Duke from signing some guys as football players that are really just full-time basketball players?

ETA... for that matter, if this is workable, why aren't we fielding the best baseball team in the country if we can have 10 baseball players sign as football guys?

RiverCityDawg
06-21-2021, 10:20 AM
I would think you have to participate in football to maintain that scholarship. What would stop Kansas or Duke from signing some guys as football players that are really just full-time basketball players?

ETA... for that matter, if this is workable, why aren't we fielding the best baseball team in the country if we can have 10 baseball players sign as football guys?

Sacrificing one scholarship for one year is a little different than giving up 10 scholarships routinely as a strategy to help another sport. No coach is signing up for that.

msstate7
06-21-2021, 10:21 AM
Sacrificing one scholarship for one year is a little different than giving up 10 scholarships routinely as a strategy to help another sport. No coach is signing up for that.

How would this be any different than when bama used to sign football players up as swimmers or whatever they were doing?

Cowbell
06-21-2021, 10:36 AM
Raise your hand if you would be for giving our basketball scholarships to baseball

Commercecomet24
06-21-2021, 10:46 AM

Yes he would have to participate, but notice Cooter said he wouldn't play, didn't say he wouldn't participate.

msstate7
06-21-2021, 10:48 AM
Yes he would have to participate, but notice Cooter said he wouldn't play, didn't say he wouldn't participate.

What's the difference then? Isn't that what he's doing now?

Commercecomet24
06-21-2021, 10:58 AM
What's the difference then? Isn't that what he's doing now?

Not quite. He's missed a ton of reps in the fall and spring by spending more time with the football team. In this scenario the roles would reverse and he would be spending more time doing baseball and less time with football.

BuckyIsAB****
06-21-2021, 11:07 AM
I'm assuming we have better catchers now? (TE etc)

Hes not playing offense

DownwardDawg
06-21-2021, 11:11 AM
Raise your hand if you would be for giving our basketball scholarships to baseball

Me me me me!!!’!!!!!!!!
Hail, throw in football schollies for baseball players too!!! Go all in.

DownwardDawg
06-21-2021, 11:12 AM

I think you?re on to something. I like this plan!!!

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 11:49 AM

Are you just pissed off about the Braves?

msstate7
06-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Are you just pissed off about the Braves?

I question everything, and I always have. If it were as simple as just signing up players on scholarships in other sports to skirt the rules, it would have been done already by someone

OLJWales
06-21-2021, 12:18 PM
I question everything, and I always have. If it were as simple as just signing up players on scholarships in other sports to skirt the rules, it would have been done already by someone

Why not just be happy how fortunate we are to have somebody like Cumbest at State? Why assume this is a precedent for things to come? You think we are now gonna start giving away football schollies for baseball every year? He is more than just a schollie stat, he is a good guy.

msstate7
06-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Why not just be happy how fortunate we are to have somebody like Cumbest at State? Why assume this is a precedent for things to come? You think we are now gonna start giving away football schollies for baseball every year? He is more than just a schollie stat, he is a good guy.

Huh? This is just rabble.